Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:42:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466758 times)
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 07:59:46 PM

Joe suggested a very simple way to explain Solarcoin to non crypto etc. people is that it works like "airmiles for solar electricity generation."

Yeah that is a great way to express it. Non-Expiring Flight Miles though with interest.

The fact that BitCoin has value at all means SolarCoin does too. The same pitfalls of BitCoin will also infect SolarCoin though if you don't create the value other than perceived or what the market decides, since the market could abandon BitCoin and also SolarCoin. Power drives all economies, derived from coal, natural gas, or oil. Making electricity the prime backbone and those costs are rolled into every product created. Also the fact that SolarCoin can be bought and sold with BitCoin means that its potential can also be usurped and traded out for FIAT never to return.

Just because Fiat isn't backed by anything isn't a good excuse to not back your coin with something other than Proof of Watt. These are slippery slopes derived from the fact that you admit these are failing systems and work without backing, but meaning our system can also work the same way yet it will be successful. By telling me all of these facts about how the economy has persisted, and in the same breath say that they are not stable and antiquated or controlled by a FED, these admissions add up to failure from within your own comparison. Yes doing it with solar would be better but is no better in the end than the one it replaced.

What a great opportunity to build worth by allowing people who may have already gained their entire return on investment from their Solar Systems. They would see the beauty in the concept right away. Since they could not build a Solar Farm on their roof. SLR would only have to hold up to the promises and create a way that all participants would have transparency to where their donated power goes to.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Epiphany

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 11:53:33 PM

So over on the FB group, Matt J. suggested "burning" coins in the spirit of donation to one of the Generator pools. I had done this back in July for §7200 as a pledge of my support for the future. Matt makes a compelling case! Cheesy So I decided to donate 5% of my current holdings again. If anyone else wants to do this, it's a good way to reduce current supply so somewhere down the road, those coins will help finance an actual 20,000 MWh worth of electricity generated and that's worth it to me.

On a personal note, this is a choice to do this. I liked what Matt was suggesting and I chose to do it with him. If anyone else feels compelled to as well, do it as an informed choice, not just because you feel you have to. It's an important distinction to make as an individual. Smiley

Here is the address if anyone else wants to do some "burning": 8Kau7tve5QoGKNMHomDr2tHcAMmqUN2zYu

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/slr/address.dws?8Kau7tve5QoGKNMHomDr2tHcAMmqUN2zYu.htm

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 01:42:34 AM

So over on the FB group, Matt J. suggested "burning" coins in the spirit of donation to one of the Generator pools. I had done this back in July for §7200 as a pledge of my support for the future. Matt makes a compelling case! Cheesy So I decided to donate 5% of my current holdings again. If anyone else wants to do this, it's a good way to reduce current supply so somewhere down the road, those coins will help finance an actual 20,000 MWh worth of electricity generated and that's worth it to me.

On a personal note, this is a choice to do this. I liked what Matt was suggesting and I chose to do it with him. If anyone else feels compelled to as well, do it as an informed choice, not just because you feel you have to. It's an important distinction to make as an individual. Smiley

Here is the address if anyone else wants to do some "burning": 8Kau7tve5QoGKNMHomDr2tHcAMmqUN2zYu

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/slr/address.dws?8Kau7tve5QoGKNMHomDr2tHcAMmqUN2zYu.htm

It may actually be more effective in terms of value creation to create more users.  Creating a super faucet or reaching out to homeowners and 10x their claims etc. Shrinking the coinbase is helpful and the sacrifice and intent are appreciated, but reaching out or giving to grow the community of holders may be more effective.

We are waiting for POSV to start reaching out to Journos and solar groups with the solarcoin message.  Solarcoin is like airmiles for solar generators. POSv will make us carbon negligible so easier story.  Solar energy groups/charties at the local or national level may appreciate and redistribute $20-$100 worth of coin.  Just a thought.

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 03:35:09 AM

It may actually be more effective in terms of value creation to create more users.  Creating a super faucet or reaching out to homeowners and 10x their claims etc. Shrinking the coinbase is helpful and the sacrifice and intent are appreciated, but reaching out or giving to grow the community of holders may be more effective.

We are waiting for POSV to start reaching out to Journos and solar groups with the solarcoin message.  Solarcoin is like airmiles for solar generators. POSv will make us carbon negligible so easier story.  Solar energy groups/charties at the local or national level may appreciate and redistribute $20-$100 worth of coin.  Just a thought.

I suggested on facebook a donation pool controlled by the Solarcoin foundation/automated pool. People can donate to this address and a percentage will be paid to claimants based on their claim and the size of the donation pool. I think this would be an effective means of reinvesting back into the proper solar claimants community.

What do you think?

y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 03:39:25 AM

Exactly!
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 03:44:35 AM

I know looking at Bittrex causes me more harm than good but, seriously, this has to be one of the funniest things I have ever seen...  Grin

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 03:45:03 AM

Exactly!

It's a great idea. Smiley

y_virtual

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:39:26 AM

I know looking at Bittrex causes me more harm than good but, seriously, this has to be one of the funniest things I have ever seen...  Grin

So that's how Bittrex spreads the fun around  Wink
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 05:23:46 AM

Good to see this board more active.
y_virtual

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:20:13 PM

Oh..OH!
Such a loveLy exposure! The perfect line-up!
Looks like these jumping bots (++) are here to stay, while someone can/is willing to feed them...
Oh..see! They have ears! And... name(s)! Hi there! I do have something to tell you, you know.

y_virtual

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 12:17:45 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2015, 12:29:15 AM by y_virtual

So, the xxx.12312313 is now the non-for-profit (10-15 points), project-direction-oriented, bid-wall-supporting & PoW mining supporting (craving for PoS), all-HUMAN (and completely vulnerable) bot. All ideas/suggestions are VERY welcome. Anyone willing to participate - go ahead  Smiley All the other bots - well... take a note.

Oh..OH!
Looks like these jumping bots (++) are here to stay, while someone can/is willing to feed them...
Oh..see! They have ears! And... name(s)! Hi there! I do have something to tell you, you know.

Alao

Activity: 493

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:24:15 AM

I think if we get SLR on cryptsy all of this market manipulation on Bittrex will stop. Unless these fools point their bots there too.

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 01:57:48 PM

Snowed in!!! But I do have power. Unfortunately, it isn't solar power. Sad Not yet anyway.

This morning, I see some posts about the price, so I go look. OMG!!!!!  Shocked One day it was $0.0047 and another day it was $0.0042!!!  Shocked The sky is falling!!! Think about that for just a second and maybe you'll get a sense for how hilarious it actually is. Cheesy I wasn't going to comment on price but I think maybe it's necessary to share with you guys my view of what is going on. Keep in mind, I could be wrong...

As far as price goes, I have news for y'all. It ain't going anywhere until certain people with too many SLR's exit the market. Ghost being one of them, or all of them, who knows. It won't matter if we're on 10 exchanges or one or on Cryptsy or not. The so-called "buy wall" is fabricated. The same person is on both sides of the market controlling the price. It's that simple. He is being forced to increase the bids because he can no longer re-supply with mining like he could a few months ago and nobody is selling. When that doesn't work, he sells to himself to create fictitious volume (yes, that works on Bittrex for a very tiny fee in case you weren't aware, you can actually buy and sell to yourself... Roll Eyes). I have a pretty good idea what many of his fictitious user names have been over the last several months as I fed into my own price obsession. If one takes the time to review all of the posts from the beginning, it's pretty easy to spot as the pattern forms before your eyes.

Don't worry though Ghost, I'm not about to out you, you can continue to do whatever you choose to do. I have no control over your decisions nor am I trying to influence them. Only you can do that. Smiley What I can do is inform potential investors of exactly the type of market they are walking into and how that is reflected in the current price. That price is not even remotely reflective of value given the circumstances.

On a positive note, the lows are slowly getting higher, as you would expect with the reward reduction in place. There is enough new demand to slowly redistribute those coins out of his hands and into the hands of new investors. If he wants to fill back up, he's gonna have to buy at higher prices but he doesn't want to do that because that means paying off the second participant who is in there doing short term spread trades with another big batch of SLR's. So... He fills up the buy side with fake demand, real demand will come in eventually and pay off the trader. When it does, the trader then puts his buy orders back in a little higher than before because he doesn't care about price, he only cares about the spread. So then Ghost, realizing he can't get them back at a lower price than his fake sales decides to put the big sell walls up again to make it appear there is a seller and maybe, just maybe, someone will sell into his bids so he can get the SLR back. Meanwhile, actual real demand is buying out his sell walls. Rinse and repeat, as it has for months on end.

This is why I no longer participate in trading. There is no market except for these two toying with each other with a sprinkling of real demand coming in every few days... The rest of us can't individually compete with that and I don't see anyone with thousands of dollars coming in here buying up those "cheap SLR's". At least not today! But over time, they do come. As claims pick up and new projects get off the ground. Until then, price in this market is just a negative distraction. It isn't representative of anything except the psyche of a small handful of people.

I find it funny blaming the "bots". The bots are insignificant. The amount the bots trade are less than a fraction of the amounts these two are playing with. A few hundred SLR's that automatically pop in when the spread gets above 50-70 sats are not the market makers here. It's beyond laughable to even suggest it. No offence intended FYI, just pointing out the obvious.

Real demand, as we have always said, isn't going to come from investors. It's going to come from increasing claimants and the user base. To focus on price right now while these two are still dicking around with it will only serve to frustrate you. I speak from experience there. Cheesy This is an amazing project. If a new investor pops in here looking to buy, this is the "market" situation. I would advise, as I always have, buying what you want to invest and then forgetting about it. Eventually those excess SLR's in the hands of people only concerned with profit or market manipulation will bleed out. Be prepared for that to take months...

And welcome to SolarCoin!  Kiss

PS: I do have one message for Ghost because I care about him and because I have recently had to learn this lesson myself. Anyone with that much dedication and perseverance obviously has some skills. In fact, it is thanks to you that I have learned much about myself and my own negative beliefs. I love you for that! I'm not kidding. Smiley If I could just give you one piece of advice, you can choose to accept it or not, it would be this:

Note: I'm not usually such a Yoda fan but I watched Star Wars again recently in the Machete order and it was inspiring.  Grin

vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:18:34 PM

We always get great posts when you get snowed in thanks.  Smiley
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 03:21:27 PM

LOL  Grin

marcoman22

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:38:03 PM

That is what everyone likes.
y_virtual

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 05:38:48 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2015, 07:55:32 AM by y_virtual

So, the xxx.12312313 is now the non-for-profit (10-15 points), project-direction-oriented, bid-wall-supporting & PoW mining supporting (craving for PoS), all-HUMAN (and completely vulnerable) bot. All ideas/suggestions are VERY welcome. Anyone willing to participate - go ahead  Smiley All the other bots - well... take a note.

Oh..OH!

Many of us do have enough SLR coins already ("more than enough"). It turns out we can put any excess coins to use to increase SLR value by SELLING them... Yes, selling them, but not exiting after the sell (buying more always helps anyways) - with a very specific "pledge" offer attached to every sell offer.

Here is how (in my opinion) the proposed "human-bot" idea can work to increase SLR value (remember, increased value is what leads to a higher price naturally, so it is NOT the price we care about, it is the value) and that is what this project is all about until it goes to the true market (when project community participants are owners of the minority of the SLR in circulation) and is able to take care of itself from there on (with the market's and ours help):

1. Potential investors will have some level of guarantee that they can sell back at 10-15 points lower than they bought. It is not anywhere near 100% guaranteed (may be not even 5%) since we can not account for someone's decision to cash out all at once, also non of the trades of the currently available coins were part of this, neither are part of it any new trades which do not participate as "human-bot" trades. But we can guarantee that in such a case we take steps to bring back the bid wall and thus maintain the level of buy-back guarantee. Since this is NOT the market yet, we still need this effort on our task list - to make it look and feel and work market-like as much as possible. Any offer belonging to the "human-bot"  (thus backed up buy the "human-bot" participant's pledge) will automatically increase the perception of the buy-back guarantee thus increase the value of SLR. Of course there can never be a guarantee that a "human-bot" looking like offer is actually a "human-bot" offer (yeah... a fake).

2. The "human-bot" does NOT guarantee that once you sell to it's bids, a corresponding offer will appear. Actually, its quite the opposite - it works as a "one-time" offer. You like the offer, you buy, a bid appears to guarantee your buy-back option (as much as possible, as explained in 1), you decide to cash out - there you go, then you decide to buy again - well, there is NO matching offer popping up for that particular SLR sell. Of course if you are lucky, you can still get SLRs at that price, or may be even lower, but these options are NOT guaranteed in any way. This is a major difference from the way auto-trading software (bots) is set up to operate, usually only within a limited offer price range since the profit-loss stop flags do not let it self-adjust to a price fluctuation trend.

3. To a certain extent, the guarantee in point 1 also increases the chances for a better price for whoever is willing (or has the necessity) to cash out in bulk; that is why the perception of some more security built into the "human-bot" offer itself increases the value of SLR in various scenarios for any one of the community members. Moreover, "human-bot" offers showing up as such are usually good for better decision-making because of increased level of predictability (when more patience is not missing).

4. I a case of a bid wall dump (bid wall maintenance will not be necessary in market conditions) , the human factor decides on if/how to most efficiently rebuild the wall (by lower promo offers to lock out limited (flat) price range offers of non-self-adjusting bots, by buy-ups, etc).

5. Trust is built upon the efforts of every one of the voluntary participants in the "human-bot" idea. Every BTC bid on a position with a human-bot" bid works for the same results, too.

6. A great chance is given to margin traders using auto-trading software to become professionals with fine-tuning their bots.

Hopefully this makes it more clear now. Yes, it's all open for discussion Smiley

romeshomey

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 01:19:38 AM

Are there any working pools other than http://solarcoin.miningpoolhub.com ?

My asics don't seem to want to stay connected to this pool.  I have tried all 3 of their servers (europe, north america, asia) and my asics will not keep hashing on their servers for some reason.  After a couple minutes I quit getting any response from their server.

That's a driver issue with your mining software. What version of what mining software are you using? Also what hardware are you running?

bfgminer 3.99.0 Gridseeds
bfgminer 4.2.1 Furys/Blizzards

However, I can't locate that pool anymore, website doesn't seem to resolve.
y_virtual

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 01:31:54 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2015, 01:51:59 AM by y_virtual

My asics don't seem to want to stay connected to this pool.  I have tried all 3 of their servers (europe, north america, asia) and my asics will not keep hashing on their servers for some reason.  After a couple minutes I quit getting any response from their server.

That's a driver issue with your mining software. What version of what mining software are you using? Also what hardware are you running?

http://coinmine.pw is on, switch to SLR there.

Looks like miningpoolhub website is off temporarily, since stratum server is still on.
Thank you for the important information!

An update:
Stratum at miningpoolhub is now down, too.
Pointing all hashers to http://coinmine.pw

A new update:
miningpoolhub is back up. Stratum server is on, too.

romeshomey

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 02:53:26 AM

http://coinmine.pw is on, switch to SLR there.

Looks like miningpoolhub website is off temporarily, since stratum server is still on.
Thank you for the important information!

An update:
Stratum at miningpoolhub is now down, too.
Pointing all hashers to http://coinmine.pw

A new update:
miningpoolhub is back up. Stratum server is on, too.

Thanks!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: