Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:59:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466757 times)
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 02:51:41 PM

Any news on the POS implementation?

Sunnyboy just finished POS Proof of Shirt... You should sell Sun Block for Proof of SunBurn Smiley

Looks pretty cool Sunnyboy, you need one version with the big logo on the back and a small one on the front though. And V neck or Lower Neck comfort.

Why not accept SolarCoin for the shirts? Ah you have to pay money for them! Why go through the hassle of converting to bitcoin then back to fiat.

Well... Here's about money.

"Money creation in the modern economy"
By Michael McLeay, Amar Radia and Ryland Thomas of the Bank’s Monetary Analysis Directorate.
Bank Of England

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/publications/Documents/quarterlybulletin/2014/qb14q102.pdf

Cheers!

That's nice article. BOE does good research especially Haldane. I used to work with some of his peers.  My own concept of money is a bit broader and includes any representation of value, so equities and commercial credit etc. are included, they are just money with unique properties, but all represent value.  more in my book. www.thenatureofvalue.com  A great site on money which is working putting out M4 aggregate figures is http://www.centerforfinancialstability.org/index.php I was on a panel with the CEO a few weeks back. they have some cool historical data along with compelling new aggregates.

That article is very general. It doesn't delve into the ways that these assets are manipulated with the power of the money they created. A bank that bets against its own CDO created from Accredited AAA rated loans that were fraudulently rated, create money for themselves. Banks that sold out the 401K's of Police and Fire Departments among many others involved with AIG etc. to be backed in Derivatives markets telling people these funds were insured, were considered legitimate banks involved in this creation of money. Usage of Credit Default Swaps to secure against loss as a scheme to also offset the bogus AAA rated loans until the central bank pulls back from the domino effect, causing a Quadrillion dollar call on the derivative market would make it seem like a Billion dollars is chump change. 11 Trillion off the books at the Federal Reserve during the crisis tips the hand of where the real power dwells. Then consider that Congress was blocked to Audit the Fed. Res. when they and the comptroller general should have complete transparency within the Fed Reserve. This is where your so called percentage of money creation took place yet 11 Trillion was underhandedly handed to the banks as a TARP. And we all know that a tarp is used to cover something up. Why would the creation of this type of money even matter anymore. Yet these are the basis of your knowledge and books as inference to what you know about how an economy or monetary supply should evolve from. Where does the money go into this Black Hole of Derivatives created by securitized loans on bad assets? Only further deluged by the separation of the title to a pool of investors who can not change terms of the loans for those properties who just needed to restructure their loans with their BANKS!

How this money is leveraged fraudulently is more important than how it is made by the banks.

This only shows the blaring problem reflected by the fact that SolarCoin (or any other Alt Coin) must accept FIAT for their T-Shirt as if we expect the conundrum should give us all the shirt off its back if all we do is put a logo on it.

Fabulous rant. Grin Just what I needed to perk me up this morning. It reminded me of why I was drawn to bitcoin and crypto in the first place. The current monetary/financial system is flawed tremendously. It may have served a purpose for the advancement of previous generations but it no longer serves humanity in any way, shape or form. It serves the few at the expense of the whole. Building something with new technology based on the same flawed ideas is not change, it's simply replacing the old mask with a new one. It won't work.

Wizard's Fifth Rule has been popping up more and more for me recently, not just here but in other areas of my life as well. For those of you unfamiliar with the Terry Goodkind books, this is what that rule is:

"Mind what people do, not only what they say, for deeds will betray a lie."

PS: I did not pay out the bounty because there were a number of things I was hoping people would think about regarding that chart I posted. For example, Market Cap is made up of two variables: coins in circulation and price. The only way for market cap to close the gap with a price that is being fixed is an influx of coins in circulation. With 1440 per day from mining, that won't do it. It will only happen with a substantial increase in granted coins from the pools. Price is clearly being held fixed by the oversupply in the market from previous mining. Someone has decided that $0.004 is the value and they are working night and day to keep it there. That doesn't seem odd to anyone else? It certainly smells to me. How is the price still at the same level it was two months ago when 144,000 coins per day were being "absorbed into the market". Where did all that "demand" go if volume has stayed the same? Perhaps the demand was never really there to begin with? If so, what does that mean? If the market for SLR were truly a natural and independent reflection of value, why would someone need to spend such an extraordinary amount of their time keeping it fixed at a certain level? Who benefits from that? I haven't even touched on the complex relationship involved related to the impact of multiple exchange rates... The whole crypto market looks to me like a massive money laundering campaign designed to get wealth from an old system into a new one. Given that, expect the spread to continue to widen until whoever is in charge of the price decides to alter their strategy. I posed the question to all of you because I don't have the answers and I think it's something that should be discussed if we are going to continue to have expectations for the future of this currency. If we as a group don't have the combined mental capacity to address crass market manipulation at this early stage in the game, how can we hope to change the future by building it on the same flawed ideals of lies, manipulation and deceit that brought the world to its knees in the first place?

Huh, I didn't know I had a rant within me this morning. That was kinda fun. Cheesy

YES!!! Truth to Power! This is exactly how I feel too!

Look at how many coins PEG right around that price too .004! Anytime I buy a coin with a substantial amount of money it will go down never to return to that price point. Locking you in, be it from a declining BitCoin price or volume alone. It means way too much supply by one group. They have no demand either, other than dummies like me buying in thinking it will moon. But that is the problem in itself, the point is to buy low sell high since there is nothing else to do with these coins now anyways. What better position than free as a buy low.

I thought I won the 20K SLR by default since Market Cap is created by a Companies worth times the outstanding shares vs the price. Since there is no real worth to SLR you can not know which way the market will move, and since the coin is at .004 you would think it would move up by default. The only thing that can be gauged with SLR though would be the credits so that may count as current worth but that is pushing it since that is outstanding coin based on a company value of zilch. No ICO right? So not even that could be gauged as a starting point.

I won that 20K hands down but consider that I paid it back as a token of reading your posts giving me new hope for Crypto!

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 08:04:43 PM

So it's now past 1 year, block reward for PoW has been halved - 0.5 per block already Smiley
lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 06:30:29 AM

Slightly off topic--but--this is huge.

[Suspicious link removed]j.com/japanrealtime/2015/02/23/rakuten-probably-to-accept-bitcoin/[/url]

Best,
lfloorwalker

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi
sunny-boy

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 09:29:05 AM

Any news on the POS implementation?

Sunnyboy just finished POS Proof of Shirt... You should sell Sun Block for Proof of SunBurn Smiley

Looks pretty cool Sunnyboy, you need one version with the big logo on the back and a small one on the front though. And V neck or Lower Neck comfort.

Why not accept SolarCoin for the shirts? Ah you have to pay money for them! Why go through the hassle of converting to bitcoin then back to fiat.

Proof of Shirt huh, ;-)

Time to start stacking for your own shirt now @ http://teespring.com/solarcoin ;-)

5 days left!
nickgogerty

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 05:10:10 PM

OK. POSv development with the new developer started yesterday. I will keep everyone posted with needs for testing, alpha codes, progress etc.  Please note I will be slow to give out ship dates etc. as I don't want to get anyone too excited.  When possible code/pull requests will put up etc. and of course any alpha testing and etc. by the solarcoin community will be appreciated.

For what it is worth, yesterday I had breakfast with the founder and head of Areday http://www.areday.net/summit/areday_2014.html in Aspen who knows the founder of Solarcity among other renewable energy luminaries. Once we have POSv and some easy to claim website partners up I will circle back with her about intros and other SLR related conversations. We need to get PSOV and a super easy claims process in place.

I have person looking at building a US claims website, but welcome others to help the effort.  The operating model is independant website claim facilitating wallet, which makes it easier for consumer (no blockchain download etc.).  the owner of the website can claim the 10% refferal bonus if the individual agrees and or a yearly maintenance fee.  It is kind of like a banking model.  A team is at work on this in Europe and maybe japan (luke?) thoughts?

I greatly appreciate everyone's patience while we build ease of use and value into the process. It is a 40 year effort, with 1 year just to get launched etc. Looking forward to having things move faster and further from here Smiley

Nick

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 05:16:41 AM

Thanks Nick!!!
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 12:16:00 PM

Who's dumping at Bittrex?
LuckyKey

Activity: 368

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 08:22:54 AM

OK. POSv development with the new developer started yesterday. I will keep everyone posted with needs for testing, alpha codes, progress etc.  Please note I will be slow to give out ship dates etc. as I don't want to get anyone too excited.  When possible code/pull requests will put up etc. and of course any alpha testing and etc. by the solarcoin community will be appreciated.

For what it is worth, yesterday I had breakfast with the founder and head of Areday http://www.areday.net/summit/areday_2014.html in Aspen who knows the founder of Solarcity among other renewable energy luminaries. Once we have POSv and some easy to claim website partners up I will circle back with her about intros and other SLR related conversations. We need to get PSOV and a super easy claims process in place.

I have person looking at building a US claims website, but welcome others to help the effort.  The operating model is independant website claim facilitating wallet, which makes it easier for consumer (no blockchain download etc.).  the owner of the website can claim the 10% refferal bonus if the individual agrees and or a yearly maintenance fee.  It is kind of like a banking model.  A team is at work on this in Europe and maybe japan (luke?) thoughts?

I greatly appreciate everyone's patience while we build ease of use and value into the process. It is a 40 year effort, with 1 year just to get launched etc. Looking forward to having things move faster and further from here Smiley

Nick

Good stuff Nick!

Onward and upward  Cool

mazzaneo

Activity: 300

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 09:40:26 AM

Nick

This is the year of SolarCoin... there many developments in the pipeline!

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 10:03:16 AM

That was me... Sad Sorry had to leave...
Alao

Activity: 493

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 11:44:23 PM

To be honest I would to if I didn't have to much SLR. BTW stay away from Renato Mirkovic. He was selling SLR last year and I have figured out that he has scammed numerous people in the crypto community.

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
y_virtual

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 04:27:19 AM

To be honest I would to if I didn't have to much SLR. BTW stay away from Renato Mirkovic. He was selling SLR last year and I have figured out that he has scammed numerous people in the crypto community.

To be honest, I will be putting 30 BTC at 2000 within 3-4 weeks, so if you want to sell lower - take your time.
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 05:46:54 AM

To be honest, I will be putting 30 BTC at 2000 within 3-4 weeks, so if you want to sell lower - take your time.

Not a smart move, unless you are hedging another position out of necessity. It will be impossible for you to get out at a profit, when you buy up the sells the free coin will dump back down, there is an abundance of coin so be very cautious. And if you put a wall in on the buy side it may only boost the price or be taken out and those were your main sellers since no one will want to buy above your wall again just to make you profit, since this would be perpetual and the seller who sold you their coin have no more buyers and will be forced to sell lower. Be Smart and only buy what you plan to use, otherwise you will lose.
y_virtual

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 05:58:52 AM

Not a smart move, unless you are hedging another position out of necessity. It will be impossible for you to get out at a profit, when you buy up the sells the free coin will dump back down, there is an abundance of coin so be very cautious. And if you put a wall in on the buy side it may only boost the price or be taken out and those were your main sellers since no one will want to buy above your wall again just to make you profit, since this would be perpetual and the seller who sold you their coin have no more buyers and will be forced to sell lower. Be Smart and only buy what you plan to use, otherwise you will lose.

I am here NOT to "get out at a profit" (?!?), I am here to make this project work. This is our project and we are the ones making it work, not waiting for some EASY short term profits. We = me and everyone else here serving the ideas of the SolarCoin project - and that makes the profit.
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 08:14:39 AM

Nick

This is awesome news. I read it before, but reread it again. I'm a big fan of Amory Lovins, I'm not surprised to see his name there. If I could pick his brain for 15 minutes!

y_virtual

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 05:18:33 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/clients-prompt-green-energy-supplier-to-accept-bitcoin/
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:27:01 AM

Did the block reward get cut in half? When did this happen.

Thanks in advance  Grin
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:48:41 AM

Did the block reward get cut in half? When did this happen.

Thanks in advance  Grin

It did, and it happened a few weeks ago.

vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:06:36 PM

Thanks does it half every few months till we hit pos?
y_virtual

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:33:50 PM

Thanks does it half every few months till we hit pos?

As per the FAQ on the website:
http://solarcoin.org/faq-frequently-asked-questions/

"Block reward decay rate: Fixed at 0.5 moving to Proof of Stake soon."
As far as I can remember, it used to be "halving every year" in the initial specs.

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: