Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:41:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466758 times)
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 11:17:12 AM

FYI:
http://www.coindesk.com/is-518-the-fair-price-of-bitcoin/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jamil.Kamil

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 11:39:50 AM

as well as i know about SLR wonderful expectation have.. Smiley Smiley Smiley

quantium

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 11:50:12 AM

I am not sure where Solarcoin is going. I don't know what is happening to earlier plans for it. As I wrote earlier, I thought that it was to stop being mineable in November last year, but it doesn't seem to have happened yet. The supplier of my PV panels doesn't seem interested in promoting Solarcoin to its customers, and presumably other suppliers aren't either.

Maybe the answer is for suppliers of PV panels to encourage people to register for SLR and to offer customers of their goods and services discounts in exchange for SLR, rather than actually use SLR as a currency on its own. That would encourage people to register their renewable technology. It woudl also encourage people to upgrade or expand their renewable systems.

The next big thing, and likely upgrade path, seems to be PV systems that work during the night -- by incorporating storage batteries to store excess energy during daylight hours. Remember that most people are out during all daylight hours in winter, and most of them in summer.

If SLR became part of the "carbon economy" and incorporated into solar inverters it could be very useful in cutting out bureaucracy.
y_virtual

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 12:57:12 PM

I am not sure where Solarcoin is going. I don't know what is happening to earlier plans for it. As I wrote earlier, I thought that it was to stop being mineable in November last year, but it doesn't seem to have happened yet. The supplier of my PV panels doesn't seem interested in promoting Solarcoin to its customers, and presumably other suppliers aren't either.

Maybe the answer is for suppliers of PV panels to encourage people to register for SLR and to offer customers of their goods and services discounts in exchange for SLR, rather than actually use SLR as a currency on its own. That would encourage people to register their renewable technology. It woudl also encourage people to upgrade or expand their renewable systems.

The next big thing, and likely upgrade path, seems to be PV systems that work during the night -- by incorporating storage batteries to store excess energy during daylight hours. Remember that most people are out during all daylight hours in winter, and most of them in summer.

If SLR became part of the "carbon economy" and incorporated into solar inverters it could be very useful in cutting out bureaucracy.

Just in case you missed latest update from Nick:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=785257.msg10728334#msg10728334

Of course we are expecting info on the current state of development and if any beta testing help is needed.

The following article suggests that it is more likely that SLR claimants will eventually prompt PV suppliers to start accepting SLR as a form of payment or for discounts:
http://www.coindesk.com/clients-prompt-green-energy-supplier-to-accept-bitcoin/

Thanks!
frankywill

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 02:46:17 AM

hello friend i found a way to propagate this coin and i need big amount of solar and about 5000 miror i have 3 btc
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 07:10:06 AM

hello friend i found a way to propagate this coin and i need big amount of solar and about 5000 miror i have 3 btc

Sounds like quite a project.

y_virtual

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 04:35:54 PM

wow... someone's getting really desperate to still fill in those bids cheap Wink good luck with that
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 05:08:54 PM

Anyone with 3 bucks could buy up the total mining supply of slr coins every day  Grin

Slr is very tight supply coin in terms of litecoin/bitcoins there is only 750 a day made

in litecoins case 1200 are minted an hour.
y_virtual

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 05:18:51 PM

Anyone with 3 bucks could buy up the total mining supply of slr coins every day  Grin

Slr is very tight supply coin in terms of litecoin/bitcoins there is only 750 a day made

Yeah, exactly!

I bet if those large low bids get genuinely(!) filled, the ask wall will evaporate Wink
But who knows... looks like it's addictive...  Sad
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:46:51 AM

You forget about the Claims that could come in every day. Millions of SLR can hit the market...
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 03:06:39 AM

You forget about the Claims that could come in every day. Millions of SLR can hit the market...

I hope the claims start pouring in. That's the goal of the project. Every claim increases users/value.
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 03:18:31 AM

I hope the claims start pouring in. That's the goal of the project. Every claim increases users/value.

In reality, if we can get those large farms to start making claims, the value will snowball. Eventually things will work out.

CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 07:51:05 PM

How does it increase value if Claiming it creates more coin? These claims can sell out to BitCoin and the volume never comes back in? These Claims may be large and also create future coin to be sold off. You have an open door for all claimants to leave, how does that create value by creating more volume selling? They have nothing to buy with their coin either, but even if they did, that buying would create a sell off since the product sold to the claimants must be paid for by selling SLR to BitCoin.
y_virtual

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 08:18:35 PM

FYI:
http://www.coindesk.com/juniper-research-bitcoin-transactions-double-2017/
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:30:55 PM

The reason why BitCoin keeps going down is that it can not support the purchases made that must leave in FIAT and based on demand people can place low buys and just churn out profits. Also people Mining Alt-Coins (like you) and selling them for BitCoin only to allow those coins to Plummet creating no worth. Think about how much BitCoin has dissolved into LiteCoin and DarkCoin etc. the big players only to get stuck at the bottom never to return. Miners have to pay their power bill right? So the BitCoin leaves as FIAT. Like I attempted to explain before. The same thing will happen with SLR but in a bigger way since there is 98 Billion claimable SLR and already twice as much SLR than BitCoin. The only people making money are the Exchanges and their fees always leave to FIAT. They won't be holding the bag at the end for sure!
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 05:34:44 AM

Hi all,

Thanks Corather and Mazzaneo for mentions. Wink

A short update on my project called the #solarcoinalphaproject. I promised that the first version would be out by late October so I thought I had better inform about the schedules. I am running behind schedule.
The goal of the project is more of a running proof of concept to show that an encrypted signal can be sent from a stand-alone PV system's API to any required receivers to accurately and securely prove the number of solarcoin's being generated by the system during daylight hours of operation.

0) Design completed. Electrical design and then some tests of the gateway and its communication to the software teams API. Completed. I had some initial road blocks here.
1) Components procured and delivered. So far it also includes a global pyranometer enabling the system to have a prediction mechanism inbuilt based on historical weather data for the location.
2) Weather proofing tested for battery box.
3) Power system DC Wiring half completed.
4) Meeting with software team completed. Understand tasks.

Remaining:
5) Communication box wiring
6) Dry test and link to API.
7) Stability and running for 1-2 weeks.
Cool Writing the white paper (in parallel) to explain the prediction technology, the link to the API and possible further work ( I hope others can pick up from where I stop) i.e. secure blockchain calls and receives because my area of expertise is solar yield prediction technology, solar PV systems and PV monitoring systems, not networking security.

Please note, the system is only a proof of concept intended to show what could be done theoretically. It would not interfere with anything.

Thank you,
-lfloorwalker

Hi All,

I'd like to introduce myself here as a "oldtimer" of the solar industry, as I've been into solar since the mid-late 2000's and installed mostly household rooftop applications (in the hundreds) and studied PV Farms to the bone. So my background would rather more be into the hardware rather than the software side of things, sorry for that. Congrats to those who braught solarcoin already so far, its now time for people like me to put some steam into the solarcoin and create some buzz. I'd like to join in and bring some advice to push the currency further into its development.

First of all, thanks to Mazzaneo, as I've been discussing much with him about solarcoin (I'm one of those 8 investors) and wouldn't be here without him. Having read the brilliant DeKo paper, it seems to me that this cryptocurrency, in sharp contrast with many others, actually makes a lot of sense (and good). So in a word, I believe a lot in this cryptocurrency and the work accomplished to date is impressive.

My concern is Value. Indeed, in order to pickup and move (fast) forward, the solarcoin currency needs to prove that it creates value. You can argue to the fact that whereas fiat ccy is backed by gold on (at best) a 5 to 1 par (ie there is only 1USD of real gold value per 5USD of papermoney circulating out there), solarcoin actually is closer to a real, proven and quantifiable 1 to 1 ratio (ie. 1MWh of tangible solar electricity = 1SLR), so in essence, solarcoin is more trustable than gold. But my concern is the tangible. Indeed, in order to take off, this currency needs more than developers and investors. My concern stems to the fact that, in order to bring attraction to the currency, buzz has to be created ; people have to be enticed to either invest (with a forward thinking) into solarcoin (although there is a limit to that, if it is not to create a bubble) and/or list their solar farm or solar rooftop application through the Solarcoin Generator Registration Program. So in order to take off, solarcoin now needs hardware : actual pv fields or solar rooftops. Only then will it be proven that value is created. 

PV owners should simply register then!

The thing is : it's too complicated.

Most of the folk I know from my generation will be very dubious about cryptocurrencies in general, so why would they actually upload information of their solar rooftop application (remember that they need a solarcoin wallet to do this!), let alone invest in the ccy itself...!

Alas, if we don't have any registered solar farm or household PV applications, then widespread adoption of the currency will not follow (there currently is "only" 50.000 coins out there which have been registered through the SolarCoin Generator Registration Program). So we need an answer to this dilemma.

To my mind, what you are doing, Ifloorwalker is just that! By reviewing this Datalogger concept, you are creating a tool to help register these solar applications and create value.

So what is a datalogger ? Lets get to the basics :

An array of solar panels is connected to a/several inverter(s). Light (photons) activate solar cells of the solar panel which, in short, produce electricity in the form of DC current. The inverter converts DC into AC current and then, passed a couple of transformers, you feed this electricity  into the grid. I'm sure by now everybody knows this.

The inverter may be equipped (at the request of client, financing party/Bank) with a transmitter/controller/datalogger in order to monitor the amount of solar energy produced (kWh) and fed into the grid. This datalogger is attached directly to the inverter via an RS-485 (or other) cable. Usually, each inverter producer markets its own datalogger. They can be cabled (ethernet), wireless (wifi) or even remote-controled (with a mobilephone chip – sim card that will transmit the information on a daily/hourly basis to a Control Unit (usually at the headquarters of an Installer or an inverter manufacturer who supplies some extendible guarantee on the equipment)).

I will kindly refer you here to some types of monitoring devices/datalogger used widespread in the market : SMA's (inverter manufacturer) inverters are plugged to a datalogger (the sunny webbox) which will display indoors (on a small screen called the "sunnybeam") or directly onto your computer screen (via the "sunny portal"). Checkout : http://www.sma.de/en/products/monitoring-control.html

The datalogger I personaly like to work with is that of solarlog because you may use it with any type of inverter, regardless of the brand. See http://www.solar-log.com/en/home.html

The information sent to client might also be in an excel file or coded to UTF-8 (I personally don't know what that looks like) or some other code and might display info such as : ID - Name of installation, Monthly Energy [kWh] produced in May, Monthly Energy [kWh/kWp] for May, Yearly Energy produced to date [kWh] 2014, Yearly Energy [kWh/kWp] 2014.

In essence, such production information exists and may be used. Indeed, a datalogger is quite cheap (400-500usd max!) and rather than developing a brand new datalogger I'd recommend checking these out first (see above) to see if we couldn't actually use these.

What would we use these dataloggers for ?

I believe that with the information retrieved from each datalogger, we could ask any PV houselhold owner to simply have this information sent to us (ie : "us", being the solarcoin foundation) and we in turn, would manage the solarcoins for the client.

All a PV owner would have to do is register his solar PV info into the registration program, and let his datalogger send us his production info so that we know exactly when his solar installation has achieved 1MWh, at which point we would credit his wallet. The solarcoin foundation would manage his solarcoins until the day when this PV owner actually wants to redeem his coins (by which time, I'm sure he will have figured out how to manage a cryptocurrency wallet).

Now, I'm sure, there's a bigload of coding in order to setup such an interface between the datalogger and the plateform/interent site in order to retrieve this information (especially that each datalogger might have its own coding!), but I believe whomever does come with such an interface will make it (very) easy for Mr. Anybody to register his solar application through the SolarCoin Generator Registration Program.

Looking forward to meeting you all and the development team,

sunnyboy

Hi sunnyboy,
Welcome to the Solarcoin forum here on bitcointalk. Based on our discussions together I am personally excited that we have a new member with a deep knowledge of the solar industry as well as the people behind it!
With your contacts and influence in the Solar industry as well as your belief in the Solarcoin project we can make great strides towards realizing our ultimate goals and make SLR a truly viable currency!

My advice is adopt DPOS technology. Use the technology to create value around a decentralized asset exchange backed by Solarcoins.
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 03:46:42 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2015, 04:01:49 AM by vipgelsi

A whale is moving some coins around today.
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 02:20:03 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2015, 02:07:32 PM by vipgelsi

Any updates on sending solarcoin banknotes to the island that uses only solarpower?
nickgogerty

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 02:53:13 PM

Any updates on sending solarcoin banknotes to the island that uses only solarpower?

The project is a lower priority relative to others right now, but still very much desired to move forward as a really interesting thing to do.  The island is tokelau. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokelau   the idea for the project is to contact the tokelau administrators and have them print physical solarcoin notes. These would be backed by a solarcoin grant from the genesis pool.  the notes could then be circulated on tokelau or sold online as "commemorative" collectibles.  https://stamps.nzpost.co.nz/shop/international-stamps/tokelau

Tokelau like many island nations makes money by selling "rare" stamps. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokelau#Economy  
Tokelau has the world's smallest economy according to the https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/tl.html with $1.4m GDP and 1,500 residents. It takes 2 weeks to reach by boat from New Zealand.

This could do a few interesting things:

1. act as a donation to Tokelau (an island nation at risk from climate change. It is basically a ring in the pacific from an old volcano with a peak elevation of 5 meters (17 feet) so at risk.
2. allow physical circulation of "officially" issued and backed physical solarcoin bank notes. Each banknote serial number could be linked to a cold address. It would be the first officially energy backed solar currency issued by a country reliant 100% on solar energy and issued by what would be effectively the world's smallest central bank.
3. generate PR for solarcoin and Tokelau which might increase awareness.

The project is now on hold due to my bandwidth and need to prioritize gets POSv, affiliate websites and other stuff (See latest facebook post). it will likely take time to convince the NZ authorities to take an interest in the Tokelau SolarCoin note project, but it just seems really interesting. If someone wishes to lead this now, please let contact me.  Could be a good side project for someone with biz dev skills or an economics student....nice line on the resume Smiley or for those adventurous a great field trip adventure of a lifetime. Would definitely be good line on the bio and great conversation starter in bars..."ah yes I remember my days in the South pacific launching a crypto currency to help save the world...."

so if there any part time adventurer solarcoin want to be central bankers out there who want to take up the project, don't ask for permission, just get on with it.

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 04:03:18 PM

I would be able to make solarcoin paper wallets with 1 coin in each one i could use holograms to seal the wallets.

And then ship them over there once everything was in order. Is that possible?

Of course i cant make them all but i would love to do my part.

Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: