Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:26:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466757 times)
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 05:19:55 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2015, 05:39:45 PM by vipgelsi

All it is going to take is a few people to step up and buy the cheap solarcoins and then more people will take notice and claims will start comming in. Higher prices will attract all types of good attention.

If bitcoins never got over 5 cents do you think anyone would really know about it today besides a few?

I plan to give out solarcoin paper wallets to all my family this Christmas imagine if you did that when bitcoins where under 5 cents.

Buy/hold/claim/stake repeat...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
solarcoiner

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:54:21 PM

I think it would be best to remove the image with the giant sun on the solarcoin website.

I'm talking about the first one out of 5 that pops up when you go to : http://solarcoin.org/en/front-page/
What are your thoughts about this, I don't really like it

Maybe keep it as a sun and just tone it down a bit to something more inviting kind of looks like it's about to rain hell-fire down on us at the moment.. Smiley

Yes that would be great, I have a feeling it looks a bit ''scammy''right now...

Very good observation and perception is critical. Love how you put it, almost like a weatherman, Its Scammy outside with today with a slight chance of Scorn Clouds. Smiley

Haha yeah Smiley but seriously though we need to change this image. Lets get this done as soon as possible!
solarcoiner

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:04:24 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2015, 12:27:26 AM by solarcoiner

All it is going to take is a few people to step up and buy the cheap solarcoins and then more people will take notice and claims will start comming in. Higher prices will attract all types of good attention.

If bitcoins never got over 5 cents do you think anyone would really know about it today besides a few?

I plan to give out solarcoin paper wallets to all my family this Christmas imagine if you did that when bitcoins where under 5 cents.

Agreed. It always starts with the speculators and traders.
The bitcoin example is great.
Especially because Solarcoin is in a very similar position as bitcoin back then where almost nobody knew about it.
You know what gives me the most hope? The fact that Solarcoin is pretty much only accepted on one exchange ( So there is potential to be added on more exchanges...), and i'm really relieved that it's not Cryptsy  Grin

But seriously this coin has so much potential and it has been climbing up the coinmarketcap list. Currently at rank 64. We have been around 50 already. I remember when Solarcoin was on the second or third page of coinmarketcap. between rank 150 and 250.
With most other altcoins dying right now I do see a scenario where SLR climbs so high up the marketcap list that people won't have a chance to ignore it any longer.
Seriously though look at all the crap that still has a higher market cap than Solarcoin. Actually I can't believe it! We should be right under Litecoin or at least 5-10 places under it not less.

I too will be giving away Solarcoins for christmas  Tongue
Can't think of a better present
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 12:40:01 AM

Especially because Solarcoin is in a very similar position as bitcoin back then where almost nobody knew about it.
You know what gives me the most hope? The fact that Solarcoin is pretty much only accepted on one exchange ( So there is potential to be added on more exchanges...), and i'm really relieved that it's not Cryptsy  Grin

But seriously this coin has so much potential and it has been climbing up the coinmarketcap list. Currently at rank 64. We have been around 50 already. I remember when Solarcoin was on the second or third page of coinmarketcap. between rank 150 and 250.
With most other altcoins dying right now I do see a scenario where SLR climbs so high up the marketcap list that people won't have a chance to ignore it any longer.
Seriously though look at all the crap that still has a higher market cap than Solarcoin. Actually I can't believe it! We should be right under Litecoin or at least 5-10 places under it not less.

I can think of only one better present - the PC stick you got:
http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Boxed-Compute-Windows-Pre-Loaded/dp/B014N4CZE2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1449180214&sr=8-2&keywords=pc+stick
fine-tuned with an installed SolarCoin wallet, loaded with some Solarcoins and ready to stake Smiley
solarcoiner

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 12:55:12 AM

I can think of only one better present - the PC stick you got:
http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Boxed-Compute-Windows-Pre-Loaded/dp/B014N4CZE2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1449180214&sr=8-2&keywords=pc+stick
fine-tuned with an installed SolarCoin wallet, loaded with some Solarcoins and ready to stake Smiley

Thats a good one haha  Cheesy
Maybe ill buy 4-5 and distribute them to my best friends
lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 01:08:51 AM

Im starting to get a little annoyed with the Solarcoin client.
For some reason it looks like I have forked and I am now 5 blocks ahead of the proper blockchain.
How does this happen?

When I try to reload blockchain it simply gets stuck and says download ended prematurely.

Can anyone help? I dont want to delete everything in %appdata% Solarcoin because it took me almost 24h to sync the entire chain in my intel pc stick

Edit: I restarted my Solarcoin client and it seems to work now, Everything is back to normal, Im going to go grab some food and then ill be back to check on my client.

I think it can be normal to sometimes to be 10+ blocks ahead but not forked. This can sometimes be due to RPC lag on the node or even just the fact the node where the block explorer pulls its data from is behind a bit due. There should me many checks happening in the background to prevent a fork but sometimes it can happen.

Saying that I could be total wrong...

Nice, thanks for getting involved Buds, just sent over 1000 so you can get staking.
Cheers,
-lfloorwalker

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi
Buds

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 01:32:28 AM

Im starting to get a little annoyed with the Solarcoin client.
For some reason it looks like I have forked and I am now 5 blocks ahead of the proper blockchain.
How does this happen?

When I try to reload blockchain it simply gets stuck and says download ended prematurely.

Can anyone help? I dont want to delete everything in %appdata% Solarcoin because it took me almost 24h to sync the entire chain in my intel pc stick

Edit: I restarted my Solarcoin client and it seems to work now, Everything is back to normal, Im going to go grab some food and then ill be back to check on my client.

I think it can be normal to sometimes to be 10+ blocks ahead but not forked. This can sometimes be due to RPC lag on the node or even just the fact the node where the block explorer pulls its data from is behind a bit due. There should me many checks happening in the background to prevent a fork but sometimes it can happen.

Saying that I could be total wrong...

Nice, thanks for getting involved Buds, just sent over 1000 so you can get staking.
Cheers,
-lfloorwalker

Thanks for the opportunity to get involved...the 1000 is greatly appreciated to add to the staking.

~Buds

CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 07:32:43 AM

My friend wants to put a Solar Array on his House Rooftop. What are the best panels out now and inverters. Should he consider Battery or just sell back to the Power company? We are in the Valley of the Sun! So it gets very hot in the summer I burn my hand opening my car door all the time, flippin oven here.

I want to send them to SolCrypto.com to affiliate the purchase but they may decide not to do it. Very old school and they don't care... Can I claim for them if they don't want to?

Ifloorwalker... I meant to ask, since it will be a while before the Graphene is implemented, is it worth it to wait? Especially in my hot climate and the added Percentage it grants over the lifespan.  

Thanks in advance for any direction!
lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 03:02:11 AM

My friend wants to put a Solar Array on his House Rooftop. What are the best panels out now and inverters. Should he consider Battery or just sell back to the Power company? We are in the Valley of the Sun! So it gets very hot in the summer I burn my hand opening my car door all the time, flippin oven here.

I want to send them to SolCrypto.com to affiliate the purchase but they may decide not to do it. Very old school and they don't care... Can I claim for them if they don't want to?

Ifloorwalker... I meant to ask, since it will be a while before the Graphene is implemented, is it worth it to wait? Especially in my hot climate and the added Percentage it grants over the lifespan.  

Hi CryptoNick,

basically there are three types of solar panels out on the market that are mature technologies. (i.e. they have been operational now over 20 years and GW installed capacity in most climate zones).  I wouldn't wait for Graphene. I've been in research, it takes 5-10 years and then another 5-10 years to get stuff to "mature" or a usable product, and think of all the Solarcoins you could get in that time!
The first is crystalline silicon (i.e. Yingli, Canadian Solar, Kyocera, Sharp etc etc), the second is quasi-crystalline silicon (ReneSola) and thirdly there is thin-film (First Solar, and Solar Frontier). Now these are the three major categories.
For the valley of the Sun, I am familiar with the climate in Arizona and it is a hot desert climate. There are very extreme temperature days especially in the summer months. A dry and wind abrasive climate as well.
This means that panels that have a track record in this Köppen defined climate zone (i.e. crystalline silicon and also CdTe as the First Solar HQ is in Phoenix and they are testing there many years.)

I would gravitate to buying panels with a lower temperature loss coefficient (e.g. ReneSola at -0.4%/DegK) or First Solar CDTe (-0.25%/DegK). And also a good warranty for sand storms (if you get any) and excessive abrasive activities that diminish the solar modules encapsulants. (this is tested independently by IEC61215 2nd Ed. and IEC61730-2) but better and more data is always good. UL standard is also mandatory for the US as well (i think it is UL1703). The difference per year could be somewhere between 3-4% or even more between the module types in your climate zone.

For inverters, if is a house, micro-inverters (one on the back of each module) are getting very affective.
Also for storage, Tesla Powerwall is very exciting (but there are also other alternatives), although you would need to get a bigger capacity than their simplest smallest unit. (I think it was 3kWh?)
We are currently at the verge of an amazing revolution. Solar to power your own house, own storage, your own financial assets (solarcoin). This is excellent and exciting.

Cheers,
-lfloorwalker

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 03:43:03 PM

Slack and security.   

Hello, earlier there was an open invitation to join the SolarCoin slack.  As things are progressing with technical discussions of affiliates granting mechanisms there are some concerns around security.  Suggestions are the following. We are happy to have security audits by community members if interested in helping out in the design phases/ please PM and I will put you in touch with security devs.

1. keep solarcoin slack focused on security for now. which would mean setting up an alternative slack for general solarcoin issues/ marketing etc.
2. Keep solarcoin slack open but have risks around security
3. Keep Solarcoin slack focused on security and just use the forums.

General consensus is to go with option #1. the idea being to setup a slack solarcoincommunity assuming people in the bitcoin forum want that. Would the community like to see a new slack for community issues or stick with the Bitcoin forum?

Nick

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 04:42:10 PM

I like option 3  

And would like main discusions non security related to stay here on bitcointalk.
Alao

Activity: 493

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 07:00:51 PM

I think the only thing holding up this coin is the pre-mine.  I know it only used for claims but I think if there was a way to burn the pre-mine automate and verify claims the price would go through the roof and there would be an arms race to produce as much solar energy as possible.  Just my take.

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
solarcoiner

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 10:38:56 PM

I think the only thing holding up this coin is the pre-mine.  I know it only used for claims but I think if there was a way to burn the pre-mine automate and verify claims the price would go through the roof and there would be an arms race to produce as much solar energy as possible.  Just my take.

Agreed! However there will always be trust involved. At least for now. Look at other coins like dash that got insta/premined. It's still worth so much I just don't understand.. Obviously the slr premine is pushing people away, but I believe those people havn't done the porper research! It took me a while to trust the Solarcoin foundation. But I'm confident they stand behind their vision! But money has and always will be about TRUST: in this case you just have to trust the Solarcoin foundation that the reserve addresses will not be abused.
But to be honest there is no incentive for them to do that, they would effectively destroy their own project because anyone could see what is going on by looking on the blockchain Wink Anyone who thinks Bitcoin and Solar energy have a bright future should definitely own some Solarcoin
mattwj44

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 01:23:51 AM

option 3 please!
mattwj44

Activity: 82

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 01:38:48 AM

You know what gives me the most hope? The fact that Solarcoin is pretty much only accepted on one exchange ( So there is potential to be added on more exchanges...), and i'm really relieved that it's not Cryptsy  Grin

I too will be giving away Solarcoins for christmas  Tongue

+1

I talked about doing this over a year ago, but the only problem is that it would require people to give up some of the mined coins into a generator pool so we could all publicly see them leave the market to be re distributed one day via claims, and people wont do that so here we are  Sad
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 01:54:01 AM

Slack and security.   

Hello, earlier there was an open invitation to join the SolarCoin slack.  As things are progressing with technical discussions of affiliates granting mechanisms there are some concerns around security.  Suggestions are the following. We are happy to have security audits by community members if interested in helping out in the design phases/ please PM and I will put you in touch with security devs.

1. keep solarcoin slack focused on security for now. which would mean setting up an alternative slack for general solarcoin issues/ marketing etc.
2. Keep solarcoin slack open but have risks around security
3. Keep Solarcoin slack focused on security and just use the forums.

General consensus is to go with option #1. the idea being to setup a slack solarcoincommunity assuming people in the bitcoin forum want that. Would the community like to see a new slack for community issues or stick with the Bitcoin forum?

Nick

The advantage of #slack over the forum format is that subtopics in the slack are nicely organized. So I would vote for a variance of option 1: keep solarcoin slack as is right now, and set up an alternative slack solarcoinsecurity focused on security.
N30

Activity: 309

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 05:55:58 AM

Any chance to have a SLR wallet in https://altcoinsteps.com/staySafe
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 04:23:18 PM

.015  Smiley
user_fred

Activity: 95

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 08:55:09 PM

Any chance to have a SLR wallet in https://altcoinsteps.com/staySafe
Disclaimer:
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.  Angry
At least , it is said.  I d suggest Stayaway would be a good alternative name.

@: 8cfscmSGjePDWwu6w5kbMbACwHhybLrawk
§1 = 1MWh
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 09:00:42 PM

Hi CryptoNick,

basically there are three types of solar panels out on the market that are mature technologies. (i.e. they have been operational now over 20 years and GW installed capacity in most climate zones).  I wouldn't wait for Graphene. I've been in research, it takes 5-10 years and then another 5-10 years to get stuff to "mature" or a usable product, and think of all the Solarcoins you could get in that time!
The first is crystalline silicon (i.e. Yingli, Canadian Solar, Kyocera, Sharp etc etc), the second is quasi-crystalline silicon (ReneSola) and thirdly there is thin-film (First Solar, and Solar Frontier). Now these are the three major categories.
For the valley of the Sun, I am familiar with the climate in Arizona and it is a hot desert climate. There are very extreme temperature days especially in the summer months. A dry and wind abrasive climate as well.
This means that panels that have a track record in this Köppen defined climate zone (i.e. crystalline silicon and also CdTe as the First Solar HQ is in Phoenix and they are testing there many years.)

I would gravitate to buying panels with a lower temperature loss coefficient (e.g. ReneSola at -0.4%/DegK) or First Solar CDTe (-0.25%/DegK). And also a good warranty for sand storms (if you get any) and excessive abrasive activities that diminish the solar modules encapsulants. (this is tested independently by IEC61215 2nd Ed. and IEC61730-2) but better and more data is always good. UL standard is also mandatory for the US as well (i think it is UL1703). The difference per year could be somewhere between 3-4% or even more between the module types in your climate zone.

For inverters, if is a house, micro-inverters (one on the back of each module) are getting very affective.
Also for storage, Tesla Powerwall is very exciting (but there are also other alternatives), although you would need to get a bigger capacity than their simplest smallest unit. (I think it was 3kWh?)
We are currently at the verge of an amazing revolution. Solar to power your own house, own storage, your own financial assets (solarcoin). This is excellent and exciting.

Cheers,
-lfloorwalker

This is Excellent information thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about the advantages and the ROI will hit at about 3 years so the Development time is long enough to offset there. That extra 3-4% is still worth it over 20 years and it only takes knowledge. So if you consider ROI is around 3 years and development of Graphene would boost around 15% difference, that means you get 2-5 years of savings before you need to consider Graphene. And who knows something else may come out in that time span that overtakes Graphene. I will tell him about Tesla too it would be great to get to experience it first hand.
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: