Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:01:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 301 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466758 times)
javkot

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 10:27:59 PM

https://events.ethicalcorp.com/rbs-ny/conference-speakers.php

A lot of big names attending this conference. Hopefully solarcoin will gain more exposure!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sahdra

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 08:40:38 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2019, 11:35:00 PM by sahdra

Solar power is going to be a smooth transition, and may even constitute a chunk of our energy production in years to come. It can easily be adopted by residential and commercial applications. Nick's presence at the Responsible Business Summit is going to be an interesting event and great for exposure. This coin has great potential.
javkot

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 04:34:56 PM

https://medium.com/@nick.gogerty/solarcoin-monetary-policy-proposal-to-accelerate-the-renewable-energy-transition-f46b5d6e7f19
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 04:04:14 AM

https://medium.com/solarcoin/solarcoin-monetary-policy-proposal-to-accelerate-the-renewable-energy-transition-f46b5d6e7f19
Scalextrix

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 04:13:25 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2019, 04:32:03 PM by Scalextrix

Hi everyone, I have created some Tor hidden services for those that want to run anonymously, or for those in locations with blocking/firewalls.

addnode=yzyot5tgwcpiy5cw.onion
addnode=ajm3fnha2pr7bfhe3xyfo3ocq6jpzftnc6lx4snoavradwhhrilb23ad.onion

My services talk to clearnet too (Im not doing this for my own anonymity), this is a service to the growing community.  Im not certain these work yet, I didnt seem to find any other .onion nodes, so if someone would like to try and set this up, here are a few resources:

Install Tor (not the browser)  https://2019.www.torproject.org/docs/debian.html.en

Configure Tor (Method 2 works, NOT Method 1) https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Setting_up_a_Tor_hidden_service
just remember to change port 8333 (BTC) with port 18188 (SLR)

From my solarcoin.conf:

listen=1
proxy=127.0.0.1:9050
externalip=yzyot5tgwcpiy5cw.onion
discover=1

The onion=127.0.0.1:9050 and onlynet=onion options dont work in version 2.1.8.
Also you cant specify a v3 (the long one) .onion address as externalip=

SolarCoin Address: 8cESoZyjFvx2Deq6VjQLqPfAwu8UXjcBkK    Gridcoin Address: SAuPu8zarzQykWLGwxc6JRvW3imM8YU9wc
Pinkcoin Address: 2GTnp7oRn2i6KnuwfGaFh1Ps7RZFyDe6nH    MannaCurrency Address: GXDwi6W888jbQZ7a79GTaStxiQsYehisfi
didi1966

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 05:04:24 PM

Hi, technical question .....   
even I have staking=1 in my solarcoin.conf, getstakinginfo shows me that staking is still not enabled... has someone any idea what I'm doing wrong?
solarcoind getstakinginfo
{
    "Enabled" : false,
    "Staking" : false,
    "Stake" : 0.00000000,
    "Errors" : "",
    "Difficulty" : 0.31568375,
    "Search Interval" : 1,
    "Weight" : 3569,
    "Net Stake Weight" : 22634702,
    "Expected Time" : -1,
    "Current Block Size" : 1000,
    "Current Block Tx" : 0,
    "Pooled Tx" : 1
}
Scalextrix

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 05:48:43 PM

even I have staking=1 in my solarcoin.conf, getstakinginfo shows me that staking is still not enabled... has someone any idea what I'm doing wrong?
{
}
This can happen if you are out of sync, check if you have all the blocks against the block explorer https://chainz.cryptoid.info/slr/
You may also see that if your wallet is locked, make sure you are unlocked for staking

SolarCoin Address: 8cESoZyjFvx2Deq6VjQLqPfAwu8UXjcBkK    Gridcoin Address: SAuPu8zarzQykWLGwxc6JRvW3imM8YU9wc
Pinkcoin Address: 2GTnp7oRn2i6KnuwfGaFh1Ps7RZFyDe6nH    MannaCurrency Address: GXDwi6W888jbQZ7a79GTaStxiQsYehisfi
g1itch

Activity: 228
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 07:52:38 AM

{
}

If I remember correctly solarcoind does not stake if wallet isn't password protected. After setting the password to stake you should unlock the wallet:
Code:
solarcoind walletpassphrase <your_wallet_password> 86400 true

igorttomic
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2019, 07:35:40 AM

The Sun Exchange - Investing in Renewable Energy with Bitcoin and Partnering with SolarCoin: https://www.publish0x.com/revival-and-thoughts/the-sun-exchange-investing-renewable-energy-with-bitcoin-xkkwmx

Check out Publish0x BitcoinTalk ANN here. Publish0x is a crypto agnostic publishing platform on which both authors and readers earn crypto. Connect via Telegram - http://t.me/Publish0x
SolarcoinAddict

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 08:54:45 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2019, 10:57:08 AM by SolarcoinAddict

Hi all,

New to Solarcoin, introduced to the coin since SMA announced a simple way to register for SLR and I have to say I like every aspect of it!

I have Staking enabled and got the following message:

Date: xx/xx/2019 xx:xx
Source: Generated
Credit: 0.0xxxxxxx SLR
Net amount: +0.0xxxxxxx SLR
Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Generated coins must mature 500 blocks before they can be spent. When you generated this block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, its state will change to "not accepted" and it won't be spendable. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a block within a few seconds of yours.

Whereby 'x' represents a value.

A few questions:
1 - What exactly does this 'status: conflicted' mean?
2 - Is it normal that this happens?
3 - When does this conflict happens?
4 - Am I waiting for an interest or not?
5 - I added recently a list of new 'addnode=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' addresses to the SolarCoin.conf, originally the file only contain one entry. Has this error any relationship to the reported conflict error?

I hope someone can explain in detail? Thanks in advance!
Scalextrix

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 11:35:01 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2019, 11:50:11 AM by Scalextrix

Hi all,

New to Solarcoin, introduced to the coin since SMA announced a simple way to register for SLR and I have to say I like every aspect of it!

Generated coins must mature 500 blocks before they can be spent. When you generated this block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, its state will change to "not accepted" and it won't be spendable. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a block within a few seconds of yours.

A few questions:
5 - I added recently a list of new 'addnode=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' addresses to the SolarCoin.conf, originally the file only contain one entry. Has this error any relationship to the reported conflict error?

1 - So imagine there are hundreds of people all running wallets trying to make the next block in the blockchain, its a competitive process and the exact time when a new block will occur is unknown.  Lets say you and I make a block at almost exactly the same time, I send my block "A" to my network peers, you send your block "B" to your network peers.  Somehow we all as a network have to agree on which block A or B is the real block and which is the one we will all discard - if you talk to blockchain people this is the "consensus mechanism" they refer to; how to reach consesnsus between anonymous peers with no leader to make descisions?  The descision is made by whichever block gets the next block made on it first, if A gets block A+1 before B gets a new block, A is the victor and your B block is discarded; the idea here is that on average the more peers receive a block and work on it, the more consensus it has - if my block reached 100 people and your block reached only 50 people, mine is twice as likley to make a new block as yours.
2 - Yes its normal, as I said its a natural part of the consensus mechanism that allow blockchains to operate with no central control.
3 - As I said, it happens regularly, its just a part of the uncoordinated nature of block-chain.
4 - When your block B was discarded, its as if it never existed, so all the interest you were owed in that block, is still owed, plus the additional interest since then; you didnt lose anything.
5 - Addnodes just help you get connections to other peers so that has had no impact on this.  The speed of your up (outbound) internet connection and the total number of connections you have might have a slight impact.  If you only have 8 connections, set your node up for listening, it might help a tiny bit.

P.S. Welcome to SolarCoin!

SolarcoinAddict

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 12:16:33 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2019, 01:38:11 PM by SolarcoinAddict

Hi all,

A few questions:

1 - So imagine there are hundreds of people all running wallets trying to make the next block in the blockchain, its a competitive process and the exact time when a new block will occur is unknown.  Lets say you and I make a block at almost exactly the same time, I send my block "A" to my network peers, you send your block "B" to your network peers.  Somehow we all as a network have to agree on which block A or B is the real block and which is the one we will all discard - if you talk to blockchain people this is the "consensus mechanism" they refer to; how to reach consesnsus between anonymous peers with no leader to make descisions?  The descision is made by whichever block gets the next block made on it first, if A gets block A+1 before B gets a new block, A is the victor and your B block is discarded; the idea here is that on average the more peers receive a block and work on it, the more consensus it has - if my block reached 100 people and your block reached only 50 people, mine is twice as likley to make a new block as yours.
2 - Yes its normal, as I said its a natural part of the consensus mechanism that allow blockchains to operate with no central control.
3 - As I said, it happens regularly, its just a part of the uncoordinated nature of block-chain.
4 - When your block B was discarded, its as if it never existed, so all the interest you were owed in that block, is still owed, plus the additional interest since then; you didnt lose anything.
5 - Addnodes just help you get connections to other peers so that has had no impact on this.  The speed of your up (outbound) internet connection and the total number of connections you have might have a slight impact.  If you only have 8 connections, set your node up for listening, it might help a tiny bit.

First of all thanks so much for the explanations, it is much clearer now. I have a few additional questions:

a) With regards to your answer in point 4: In the History tab in SolarCoin (windows) wallet there in the entry with the entry with type 'interest'. Status is still stuck at Status : conflicted".
The interest (supposed to?) be earned is listed here in the History tab, but the value is not added to the Windows SolarCoin wallet main page's Spendable / Staked / Unconfirmed / Total balance / Transaction list. Does this mean that the interest value will be discarded / not added to my balance?
Looks to me (but this can be an incorrect assumption) that the earnings from this staking attempt will remain zero or does the earning get added to my balance when the status changes from 'conflict" to "not accepted"?

b) With regards to your answers in point 4: The Transaction ID listed in the earned interest does not get any info back when searched in the Blockchain? How can that be explained?

c) With regards point 5: Yes I do have only have 8 connections. How do I set up my node for listening? Could you please explain how to do this?

d) Will the status change of the failed staking attempt in the near future or will it remain as "Status: Conflicted" in the History tab?

Thanks in advance for the effort to take to answer my questions.
Scalextrix

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 01:36:40 PM

Hi all,

A few questions:

First of all thanks so much for the explanations, it is much clearer now. I have a few additional questions:

a) With regards to your answer in point 4: In the History tab in SolarCoin (windows) wallet there in the entry with the entry with type 'interest'. Status is still stuck at Status : conflicted".
The interest (supposed to?) be earned is listed here in the History tab, but the value is not added to the Windows SolarCoin wallet main page's Spendable / Staked / Unconfirmed / Total balance / Transaction list. Does this mean that the interest value will be discarded / not added to my balance?

b) With regards to your answers in point 4: The Transaction ID listed in the earned interest does not get any info back when searched in the Blockchain? How can that be explained? Looks to me that the earnings from this Staking attempt will remain zero?

c) With regards point 5: Yes I do have only have 8 connections. How do I set up my node for listening? Could you please explain how to do this?

d) Will the status change of the failed staking attempt in the future or will it remain as "Status: Conflicted" in the History tab?

a) So you did in fact make a real valid block, but later it was discarded, so it still shows in your wallet history, but its not in the "real" chain so it wont show as a part of your wallet total balance.

b) The transaction is not in the block-chain that we all agreed was the "real" one, the explorer only shows you the valid chain, it doesnt show you transactions/blocks that were rejected.  That is why you didnt lose any interest.

d) I dont properly remember now, but I think after a while it may vanish from your wallet history.  In any case, its not going to effect your wallet balance.

c) So let me preface by explaining what listening is.  When you start your wallet it sends connection requests to upto 8 peers (addnodes), those peers have to be setup to allow (listen to) inbound connections from other computers.  So with your 8 connections you are sending requests out, but you are not allowing any to come in, if no-one allows incoming, then the network would not exist.  Allowing outside connections onto your network from the internet, does of course carry some slight risk, in my view extremely low risk (I operate a listening node, I feel its safe), but you should make your own descision.

So due dilligence warnings aside, depending how your network is setup there are a couple of things you may need to do, the easy way and the harder way:
The easy way:
If your router supports UPnP and has it enabled, simply go to your SolarCoin Wallet > Settings > Options > Network tab and check the "Map Port using UPnP" box and Apply.  Probably worth restarting, you might not instantly get more than 8 connections, but if its working, within an hour you should start to see more than 8 connections.

The hard way:
If you dont use UPnP for security reasons, then you must go to your router and port forward TCP port 18188 from the internet to the machine that you run your SolarCoin wallet on.  I cant tell you exactly how to do that as every router is different, but you should be able to google port forwarding for your make/model.  I never encountered a firewall problem on Windows, but you may need to allow inbound connections from anywhere to local port 18188 on your actual PC firewall if that still isnt working.

Aside from just getting more connections, you can actually see if you have inbound connections by going to Help > Console > Console tab and type "getpeerinfo", it will give you a list of IP addresses and there is an "inbound" : true if you are getting inbound connections.

SolarcoinAddict

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 03:54:32 PM

Hi all,

A few questions:

b) With regards to your answers in point 4: The Transaction ID listed in the earned interest does not get any info back when searched in the Blockchain? How can that be explained? Looks to me that the earnings from this Staking attempt will remain zero?

d) Will the status change of the failed staking attempt in the future or will it remain as "Status: Conflicted" in the History tab?

a) So you did in fact make a real valid block, but later it was discarded, so it still shows in your wallet history, but its not in the "real" chain so it wont show as a part of your wallet total balance.

b) The transaction is not in the block-chain that we all agreed was the "real" one, the explorer only shows you the valid chain, it doesnt show you transactions/blocks that were rejected.  That is why you didnt lose any interest.

d) I dont properly remember now, but I think after a while it may vanish from your wallet history.  In any case, its not going to effect your wallet balance.

c) So let me preface by explaining what listening is.  When you start your wallet it sends connection requests to upto 8 peers (addnodes), those peers have to be setup to allow (listen to) inbound connections from other computers.  So with your 8 connections you are sending requests out, but you are not allowing any to come in, if no-one allows incoming, then the network would not exist.  Allowing outside connections onto your network from the internet, does of course carry some slight risk, in my view extremely low risk (I operate a listening node, I feel its safe), but you should make your own descision.

So due dilligence warnings aside, depending how your network is setup there are a couple of things you may need to do, the easy way and the harder way:
The easy way:
If your router supports UPnP and has it enabled, simply go to your SolarCoin Wallet > Settings > Options > Network tab and check the "Map Port using UPnP" box and Apply.  Probably worth restarting, you might not instantly get more than 8 connections, but if its working, within an hour you should start to see more than 8 connections.

The hard way:
If you dont use UPnP for security reasons, then you must go to your router and port forward TCP port 18188 from the internet to the machine that you run your SolarCoin wallet on.  I cant tell you exactly how to do that as every router is different, but you should be able to google port forwarding for your make/model.  I never encountered a firewall problem on Windows, but you may need to allow inbound connections from anywhere to local port 18188 on your actual PC firewall if that still isnt working.

Aside from just getting more connections, you can actually see if you have inbound connections by going to Help > Console > Console tab and type "getpeerinfo", it will give you a list of IP addresses and there is an "inbound" : true if you are getting inbound connections.

Again, thank you very much for the answers, appreciated. All is pretty clear except one topic:

aa) You mentioned: "That is why you didnt lose any interest." Now my question is related: I did not gain any interest either in my SLR balance. (The interest value is only mentioned in History tab but was not transferred to my balance).

Can I therefore say: "I did not gain anything either"? Or will this change when the status changes? Still a bit unclear to me?
SolarcoinAddict

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 05:09:43 PM

Another question I have about staking:

If a SLR wallet has multiple private/public keys entries, is the change of Staking higher than in example when the same SLR amount are linked to only a single key pair?
javkot

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 04:56:20 PM

The SolarCoin monetary policy has been updated to retroactive grants being 5 year rolling vs. Jan 1 2010.   If an install is over 5 years old, every day of not claiming means lost SolarCoin. 

https://medium.com/solarcoin

Claim your Solarcoin today or they could be lost forever.
SolarcoinAddict

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 07:02:32 PM

SIP 27: Future monetary tightening via program acceleration.

The community aspect of SolarCoin means forming consensus is helpful to determine monetary policy to prevent software forks and protocol abandonment. To that end, the SolarCoin foundation proposes and wants comments on SIP 27 (SolarCoin Improvement Proposal) accelerating the program and shrinking the non-circulating monetary base from §98 to §10 bn. This would reflect Solar Energy production until 2024 granted on a first come basis with smaller installations receiving priority over time retroactive to Jan 2010.
Estimated Solar energy produced and SolarCoin available for claim.

Traditional monetary policy works on changes applied to the circulating currency, credit and short term rate adjustments. This leads to changes in inflation expectations and credit demand. The SolarCoin Foundation believes that reducing the program term and available future SolarCoin while also putting place a first come first serve basis for smallholders may accelerate the uptake of the SolarCoin program by individuals and monitoring platforms and utilities.

The SolarCoin monetary policy has been updated to retroactive grants being 5 year rolling vs. Jan 1 2010.   If an install is over 5 years old, every day of not claiming means lost SolarCoin. 

https://medium.com/solarcoin

Claim your Solarcoin today or they could be lost forever.
SolarcoinAddict

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 06:41:31 PM

Anyone knows the answer?

If a SLR wallet has multiple private/public keys entries, is the change of Staking higher than in example when the same SLR amount are linked to only a single key pair?
SolarcoinAddict

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 07:05:25 PM

Hi all,

A few questions:

The easy way:

The hard way:

Again, thank you very much for the answers, appreciated. All is pretty clear except one topic:

aa) You mentioned: "That is why you didnt lose any interest." Now my question is related: I did not gain any interest either in my SLR balance. (The interest value is only mentioned in History tab but was not transferred to my balance).

Can I therefore say: "I did not gain anything either"? Or will this change when the status changes? Still a bit unclear to me?

Interest is still in status "Conflict"...
javkot

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 11:13:44 PM

Anyone knows the answer?

You'd probably get a faster and better response at the SLR slack channel: https://solarcoin-group.slack.com

My understanding is that each SLR wallet is connected with only one private key. But when you say "key" are you referring to wallet addresses?
Pages: « 1 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 301 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: