Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:55:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 [1519] 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2437 blocks  (Read 5350837 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
Free_Money

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:26:45 PM

Try:

stratum+tcp://stratum.kano.is:3333

M

It Doesn't work yet.

Sad

You need the stratum+tcp:// part if you don't have it.

Yes of course but it doesn't work, at the moment i'm linked and working with slushpool
Sorry if this is a dumb question but do you have your worker field and password field filled out correctly?
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:37:45 PM

Can someone explain to me why the number of expected blocks does not match the hash rate? Currently with 45PHs, we expect less than one block a day but Kano's stat shows almost one block per day in November.
So with diff 100%, the luck is also 100%? If the diff is 200%, the luck then is 50%? Is it right?

Luck, over time, is always 100%, assuming everything else is working properly.

That means some times luck will be good, and sometimes it will be bad.

Right now, so far this month, it's been good.  Better than average.

The last few months have been bad.  Below average.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
xuy

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:42:52 PM

What I was asking is with current hash rate and diff, the expected blocks should be less than 1 block per day.
But the stat shows almost one block per day.

Can someone explain to me why the number of expected blocks does not match the hash rate? Currently with 45PHs, we expect less than one block a day but Kano's stat shows almost one block per day in November.
So with diff 100%, the luck is also 100%? If the diff is 200%, the luck then is 50%? Is it right?

M
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:53:16 PM

What I was asking is with current hash rate and diff, the expected blocks should be less than 1 block per day.

Expected == what you get on average
Actual == will vary.  over a long enough period of time, it will become "expected"

Right now the pool is doing better than average.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
beltsniffer

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:59:21 PM

Most likely it is that the first block found to start this month block originally started being worked on 10/28. So you would need to add those days in as well.
rifleman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 07:44:29 PM

I started mining 3 weeks ago as a hands-on experiment to better understand crypto-currency.  I use Kano as my pool and have been having fun and it has been going well.

But.....

I just went to spend my first bit coins and I was hit with a $40+ miner fee on a $50 purchase!

After research and reading I learned that is because of the nature of the inputs to my wallets.   Lots of little bitty mining rewards were used to create my one large $50 transaction.

So - is there any way to set how often you get paid by the pool?   I'd rather let Kano hold the coins for two weeks at a time because right now my miner fees FAR exceeds the capital gains I've experienced in the last two weeks by bitcoin rise in value.  Receiving the coins every two weeks would half the number of inputs to my wallet and half my fees.

Also - I need advice.   I'm stuck   I can't spend my coins without SERIOUS miner fees.   What should I do?

Hold onto your bitcoins until you have more of them.
beltsniffer

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 07:48:56 PM

I started mining 3 weeks ago as a hands-on experiment to better understand crypto-currency.  I use Kano as my pool and have been having fun and it has been going well.

But.....

I just went to spend my first bit coins and I was hit with a $40+ miner fee on a $50 purchase!

After research and reading I learned that is because of the nature of the inputs to my wallets.   Lots of little bitty mining rewards were used to create my one large $50 transaction.

So - is there any way to set how often you get paid by the pool?   I'd rather let Kano hold the coins for two weeks at a time because right now my miner fees FAR exceeds the capital gains I've experienced in the last two weeks by bitcoin rise in value.  Receiving the coins every two weeks would half the number of inputs to my wallet and half my fees.

Also - I need advice.   I'm stuck   I can't spend my coins without SERIOUS miner fees.   What should I do?
You need to consolidate your transactions. This is best done during a time when the network is not busy. Right now the network is clogged with transactions, so fees to transfer are very high. You can send them with a lower satoshi/byte ratio, but you will wait  for while to have your transaction confirmed. You can use a transaction accelerator like this one https://pool.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/ and they would include it in the next block they mine.
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:15:50 PM

I started mining 3 weeks ago as a hands-on experiment to better understand crypto-currency.  I use Kano as my pool and have been having fun and it has been going well.

But.....

After research and reading I learned that is because of the nature of the inputs to my wallets.   Lots of little bitty mining rewards were used to create my one large $50 transaction.

So - is there any way to set how often you get paid by the pool?   I'd rather let Kano hold the coins for two weeks at a time because right now my miner fees FAR exceeds the capital gains I've experienced in the last two weeks by bitcoin rise in value.  Receiving the coins every two weeks would half the number of inputs to my wallet and half my fees.

Also - I need advice.   I'm stuck   I can't spend my coins without SERIOUS miner fees.   What should I do?

You can send them with a virtually zero transaction fee to another address you own.  However it could take a very very long time for the transaction to be confirmed.  Or it could be confirmed right away.  (More than likely the former.)

You may also be able to find an online wallet that can receive the transactions that won't charge you huge network fees when you withdraw.  I did that accidentally with a NiceHash wallet, and they didn't complain about it.  

Of course you then have the online wallet withdrawal fee, and your coins aren't in your control.

Maybe now that the fork is nixed, Kano can work on the "only send payments when accumulated over X amount" code? Smiley  

M

NCDiesel

Activity: 54
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:23:20 PM

But.....

You can send them with a virtually zero transaction fee to another address you own.  However it could take a very very long time for the transaction to be confirmed.  Or it could be confirmed right away.  (More than likely the former.)

You may also be able to find an online wallet that can receive the transactions that won't charge you huge network fees when you withdraw.  I did that accidentally with a NiceHash wallet, and they didn't complain about it.  

Of course you then have the online wallet withdrawal fee, and your coins aren't in your control.

Maybe now that the fork is nixed, Kano can work on the "only send payments when accumulated over X amount" code? Smiley  

M

Thanks - I'll try the wallet to wallet thing.   Thats actually a cool idea.

By the way - in response to the "accumulate more coin" post above:  I thought of that, but I think in this particular case that won't help.   The fee is based on the size of the inputs, which is basically constant as I mine(everyone of my payments is roughly the same).  So in my circumstance a $500USD transaction will require 10 times the input as a $50USD transaction, and therefore have the same relative fee (ie $400USD) fee.

Or am I wrong about this?   Like I said, i am doing this to learn and I am a newbie so maybe I'm wrong???

Thanks again!

-------------------------------------
4 Avalon 841s
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:31:31 PM

You got it right, Diesel.  More inputs=more fee.

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4522
Merit: 1846

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:38:00 PM

M
Expected is the number of blocks that 100% luck would find, given the amount of hashes sent to the pool.

Hash rate changes.
Luck changes.
Diff changes.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Sosoft

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:26:23 PM

I never knew about people having problems with fees due to small pay outs. I mine to an address on my phone and every so often I move my coins to my savings wallet or the exchange to cash it out. I'm never in a hurry so I always set the transaction fee to .75USD no matter what the amount is. It has never taken more than two days to complete for me. Right now if I were to send one I would make the fee 0.0001023 for example with BTC 7.3k USD
firetreeactual
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:32:34 PM

I never knew about people having problems with fees due to small pay outs. I mine to an address on my phone and every so often I move my coins to my savings wallet or the exchange to cash it out. I'm never in a hurry so I always set the transaction fee to .75USD no matter what the amount is. It has never taken more than two days to complete for me. Right now if I were to send one I would make the fee 0.0001023 for example with BTC 7.3k USD
I'm rather with you, actually. I've had a Core-to-Core tx take four days, even with a less-than-minimal fee, but that's the exception usually. I mine to my Core, and only transfer when I want to put it in my "cold storage" non-networked cold storage wallet (actually kept in my safe). Once in a while I may transfer to someone else's Core (or other wallet...whatever they use) to basically sell some of my BTC for USD quickly and locally, but that's pretty rare. Of course, I buy online pretty regularly and use BTC to pay when I can.

Yeah, it can add up...but there are legit ways to keep it to a minimum safely.

To infinity and beyond...on two 741s and one of only 3...nope, make that 4...full nodes in Hawaii...on <30A. (I have other gear on the Hoth ice planet)
Dr0n3

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:50:46 PM

Well since no b2x to worry about anymore, I pointed my hashing power to Kano's pool. Should have a total of 4 S9s running before end of the year, it's not much in the grand scheme, but hopefully every little bit helps!

Question, what will this pool do if BCH becomes much more profitable to mine than BTC? Is merged mining or auto-switching between the most profitable an option or is this is a BTC only pool? Curious to know Kano's opinion and stance on this matter.
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4522
Merit: 1846

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:14:05 PM

Well since no b2x to worry about anymore, I pointed my hashing power to Kano's pool. Should have a total of 4 S9s running before end of the year, it's not much in the grand scheme, but hopefully every little bit helps!

Question, what will this pool do if BCH becomes much more profitable to mine than BTC? Is merged mining or auto-switching between the most profitable an option or is this is a BTC only pool? Curious to know Kano's opinion and stance on this matter.
Firstly Smiley
B2X isn't guaranteed to not exist.
Just like BCH no longer had a reason to exist once the BIP91 scam was accepted by all the pools, alas, BCH does exist today anyway Tongue

However, I was gonna spend today setting up 2 more servers, one for each of BCH and B2X, for 2 new pools, but fortunately the timing occurred for that 'random' post about B2X, so that I'll not bother doing that today Tongue

Again, as I've said, we'll see what (else) happens as we close in on the expected fork block.
This is also why I wait as long as possible to make such decisions, since who knows what (else) is gonna happen as we approach the fork Smiley

However, I'm not "expecting" to need to setup a B2X fork option, due to that 'random' post about B2X, so it will "probably" just be mining as usual after the fork block comes and goes.

We'll see what happens ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
smutboy420

Activity: 341
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:15:10 PM

Forgive me if I sound dumb, BUT what the heck is a minor fee?Huh  Whatever it is I would of hit the cancel button and just gone without what ever it was I was going to buy if there was an 80% fee tacked on to $50.  Unless it was something my life depended on and lol even then im not so sure I could go threw with it.  lol tho then again, i'm such a tightwad I'd rather walk over a mile to my bank to take money out of the atm with no fee rather than get ripped off paying $4 to get it from the atm across the street from my house. Unless there happened to be 2 feet of snow or something making it not worth the extra effort to save $4

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:20:45 PM

Forgive me if I sound dumb, BUT what the heck is a minor fee?Huh  Whatever it is I would of hit the cancel button and just gone without what ever it was I was going to buy if there was an 80% fee tacked on to $50.  Unless it was something my life depended on and lol even then im not so sure I could go threw with it.  lol tho then again, i'm such a tightwad I'd rather walk over a mile to my bank to take money out of the atm with no fee rather than get ripped off paying $4 to get it from the atm across the street from my house. Unless there happened to be 2 feet of snow or something making it not worth the extra effort to save $4 

A "miner fee" is a transaction fee.

The vision of Bitcoin, long term, is that miners mine blocks because of the transaction fees.  At some point there won't be any more "coins" in a block ... just transaction fees.  It's a long way out, but it's out there.  Without fees, at that point miners won't have an incentive to mine.  No mining, no blocks, no transactions, *poof*, bitcoin is dead.

Initially there were 50 coins in a block.  Then it halved to 25.  We're in the second halving now at 12.5.  Some day it'll be 6.25, and so on.

M

smutboy420

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 02:08:07 AM

The vision of Bitcoin, long term, is that miners mine blocks because of the transaction fees.  At some point there won't be any more "coins" in a block ... just transaction fees.  It's a long way out, but it's out there.  Without fees, at that point miners won't have an incentive to mine.  No mining, no blocks, no transactions, *poof*, bitcoin is dead.

Initially there were 50 coins in a block.  Then it halved to 25.  We're in the second halving now at 12.5.  Some day it'll be 6.25, and so on.

M

ohhhhh ok just a brain fart.. For some reason, I was thinking it was some big high fee some place was chargeing to be able to spend mined btc.  Instead of the standard tx fees that make for them nice juicy blocks that make mineing worth it.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
smutboy420

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 02:14:29 AM

You might be right on that..... 

i just seen this tidbit that
 Mike Belshe CEO, BitGo, Inc is claiming they are going to go ahead and try to do it themselves and even sounds like they are even saying right in the first line that they are intending to do it to cause the btc diff level to drop.    Which sounds like they would only do it long enough to drop difficulty leval then slam back in to btc to mine it.  Seems sort of shady and dirty if there plan is to jump in and out with tons of hashrate. 

https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-segwit2x/2017-November/000689.html 

padrinogtr

Activity: 228

Mine ON!!!

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 02:54:18 AM

You might be right on that..... 

i just seen this tidbit that
 Mike Belshe CEO, BitGo, Inc is claiming they are going to go ahead and try to do it themselves and even sounds like they are even saying right in the first line that they are intending to do it to cause the btc diff level to drop.    Which sounds like they would only do it long enough to drop difficulty leval then slam back in to btc to mine it.  Seems sort of shady and dirty if there plan is to jump in and out with tons of hashrate. 

https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-segwit2x/2017-November/000689.html 

Makes perfect sense

230TH Mining For Kano!!!
Pages: « 1 ... 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 [1519] 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: