Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:28:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2437 blocks  (Read 5350829 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
sorry2xs
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Dark Passenger Bitcoin miner 2013,Bitcoin node

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:22:44 PM

so in the Bitcoin mining industry the hardware miner caries the largest financial burden versus the pool operator,with that said the miner can exist alone while the pool can't exist without the hardware owner.

The hardware miner also reaps the biggest reward, you have to weigh that into account and look at net cost, not gross.
well me speak for my situation right  now summer in south Florida my hashrate is @ about 9.5 TH/s my power company meter is reading 16.5 kw/h @ 012 cent a kw/h, 500 kw/h belongs to personal home use, my net earning a month does not allow me to lease a new BMW every 2 years HaHa, when factoring in the cost of mining hardware versus sever cost which i have priced on ebay with 4/6 core xeon cpus and 128 gib of ram with no hard drives for around 2500.00 US miners take the biggest risks and until kano.is pool was launched  the other pplns  pools kept our submitted shares when the miners disconnected form their pool whether it was by choice or ISP or Power failures all under the guise of preventing a Raulo's attack, and with i will not cry the expences of oeprating a pool........

Please tip the Node 1MPWKB23NsZsXHANnFwVAWT86mL24fqAjF; KO4UX
THAT NO GOOD DO GOODER BAT!!!
sorry2xs
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:50:17 PM

I have a question that really isn't specific to this pool, but I'll ask here anyway:

What do pool operators expect to do as the result of a halving next year? While I am not a pool operator, I expect most of the operational costs are largely fixed, and paid for in the appropriate currency for your operation. It would seem like your income will get cut in half (as measured in BTC, not percentage) along with your mining "clients".

Any thoughts on this, or does this need to go to a different thread?
what happens to network diff. when it splits also  I hope price of btc to double maybe

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 05:59:26 PM

I have a question that really isn't specific to this pool, but I'll ask here anyway:

What do pool operators expect to do as the result of a halving next year? While I am not a pool operator, I expect most of the operational costs are largely fixed, and paid for in the appropriate currency for your operation. It would seem like your income will get cut in half (as measured in BTC, not percentage) along with your mining "clients".

what happens to network diff. when it splits also  I hope price of btc to double maybe
The same thing that happened when block rewards went from 50 to 25.  Fewer coins generated per block.  We all hope the price of BTC rises to match, and maybe it will.  As for network difficulty, there's nothing magical about it.  The network will adjust according to how long it takes to find 2016 blocks as it always has.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
sorry2xs
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:11:16 PM

The same thing that happened when block rewards went from 50 to 25.  Fewer coins generated per block.  We all hope the price of BTC rises to match, and maybe it will.  As for network difficulty, there's nothing magical about it.  The network will adjust according to how long it takes to find 2016 blocks as it always has.
i was hoping it too would also halve

alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:53:42 PM

The network difficulty is driven by the rate at which blocks are found, not how many Bitcoins are "contained" within the block. The only way difficulty falls, is if the hash rate falls. Only if miners disappear from the network will difficulty fall.

Think of the halving has having your wage rate cut in half, not the number hours you work in the week.
sorry2xs
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 07:55:35 PM

The network difficulty is driven by the rate at which blocks are found, not how many Bitcoins are "contained" within the block. The only way difficulty falls, is if the hash rate falls. Only if miners disappear from the network will difficulty fall.

Think of the halving has having your wage rate cut in half, not the number hours you work in the week.
wow, an employer tried that tactic on me once...

kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4522
Merit: 1844

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 11:03:41 PM

Bitcoin does it to it's employees (miners) every 210,000 blocks (~4years)

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
sorry2xs
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 11:28:02 PM

Bitcoin does it to it's employees (miners) every 210,000 blocks (~4years)
well maybe demand would have increased and cause a increase in the price of Bicoin and give its employees a raise.

SergES

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 04:07:16 PM

It works...180 hours not block.
scotty2u2

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 04:15:12 PM

I'm dreaming that the forum is back up. I need to wake up!  Roll Eyes Grin Wink
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 04:22:43 PM

Cool the forum's back. Took a while. LOL.

On another note. OMFG, still no block!?!

Go Big or Go Home.
sorry2xs
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 04:43:47 PM

Would it be to creepy to say i missed it???

thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 04:46:51 PM

You and me both. Also since I'm putting up a lot of my Miners for sale and don't want to deal with Ebay BS.

Kano, please!!! restart the darn pool a few times to kick it in the ass..

Thank You.  Grin

Go Big or Go Home.
sorry2xs
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 05:16:00 PM

You and me both. Also since I'm putting up a lot of my Miners for sale and don't want to deal with Ebay BS.

Thank You.  Grin
can you pm me with the info

CapnBDL

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

MOBU

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2015, 08:01:54 PM

Thank You.  Grin

Your frustration is noted. As a quiet participant of this fine pool for the past eleven weeks, one must relay that on my last trip to Vegas I was sure that the number 28 was due because it hadn't hit in the past 480 spins of the roulette wheel. $450 bucks later I received the message from the universe that has been stated here many times which is that luck is luck and talismans are talismans. If it makes one feel better please exit your respective structure, point your right hand NNW, and recite the genesis block (1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa ) 109 times. If it works, then one is completely wrong and we all are grateful for your efforts.

For my part, after 180 hours, I rented 50TH for 29 hours. Talisman = yes,; Help with this block = maybe.

Kano, you run a good shop and I'm in it for the long haul.

Thanks,
DYG

Well done...well done! I think most of us are still here. Where the heck else have we got this much effort spent?

Thanks kano and ck!

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 09:27:39 PM

Yeah I did actually restart ckpool once while the forum was down - alas it didn't help.

Guess I should also post here, I released an AntS2 firmware and did another minor update on the AntS1 firmware.
https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/tree/master/AntS2
https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/tree/master/AntS1

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
DevonMiner

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 09:38:11 PM

Yeah I did actually restart ckpool once while the forum was down - alas it didn't help.

Sigh ... it used to do the trick at one time ...

Not sure which to use  Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips sealed Undecided Kiss Cry

Thanks anyway, I look forward to waking up tomorrow to see that this 'longest block' ... has ... 'popped'.

xZork

Activity: 1249
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 02:18:35 AM

Guess I should also post here, I released an AntS2 firmware and did another minor update on the AntS1 firmware.

Question.

I've always been a firm believer in "if it's not broke don't fix it". I currently have 2 S2 units that run fine, one on your pool and one somewhere else. What would be the benefit of flashing other then running the new version of cgminer? I am not sure what "up to commit 38d93800" means. Also does keeping my S2's as is create headache or any trouble?

Thanks for reading.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 01:37:41 PM

Question.

I've always been a firm believer in "if it's not broke don't fix it". I currently have 2 S2 units that run fine, one on your pool and one somewhere else. What would be the benefit of flashing other then running the new version of cgminer? I am not sure what "up to commit 38d93800" means. Also does keeping my S2's as is create headache or any trouble?

Thanks for reading.
The S2 firmware is just on the SD card so doing an update isn't risky.

If you are running a Bitmain version then most likely all the issues I've pointed out exist in it:
Dropping p2pool blocks, queueing up way too much work, sending duplicates to the pool, sending shares to the pool that shouldn't be sent, problems with the LCD display, old version of cgminer.
I've also updated the web to allow you to view and set api-allow rather than have it stuck on the highly insecure default setting of W:0/0

My Miner Status web page is a much updated version - I've removed all the unnecessary stuff and added colour highlighting Smiley

cgminer uses the stardard API not the hacked/changed one that's not backward compatible

There's a bunch of updates listed at that link.
The commit number is the last cgminer commit in my release since there are changes since 4.9.1 that I added including fixing an api-allow bug - up to commit 38d93800 i.e. up to: https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/commit/38d938000bf19eb397cdbf81a46b785215cbdfd9

sorry2xs
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 02:08:52 PM

Kano do you foresee any future fixes for the S5 and C1 time permitting of course. 

Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: