Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:12:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2435 blocks  (Read 5350137 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
CapnBDL

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

MOBU

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 12:47:32 AM

Would it be possible display the last 100 blocks on the Blocks page? right now onl the last 42 are displayed. Maybe there is a reason 42 are displayed.

Thanks,
Because 6x7

And 10x10 is 100. Not sure I get the 6x7 reference

Isn't 42 a reference to Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy?
42 is the answer.
What's the question Smiley
Well... since the Earth's computations were completely screwed up when the Golgafrinchans arrived, the question became "What do you get when you multiply six by nine?"... but you don't find this out until the end of the Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

Of course, when Deep Thought first told the answer to the pan-dimensional beings after 7.5 million years of calculations, the receivers of the answer decided to form their own question.  They went through a few options like, "How many Vogons does it take to change a lightbulb?" and "What's yellow and dangerous?"  Ultimately they ended up going with "How many roads must a man walk down?"

Upon diving into the bush(es), I have concluded that '69' is the only supreme answer to "Lifes' Biggest Question"; "Google...where the heck am I?"

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CapnBDL

MOBU

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 12:54:59 AM

Damn it...thought I had this issue fixed. My S3+ just did another restart. Now, I am really confused. Will look @ it later-  Need a break!!   Huh

▄██▄
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4480
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 01:24:55 AM

Any reason why the invalid share count went up by 10x?
Hmmm ... good spot. My guess is a rejected block (I'll check and see if it was one of my rigs ...)

EDIT: Nope ... best share on of all my rigs is 828,477,642 and biggest cum rejected share 279,149
It's one user who sends "hi" shares after setting a very large diff on his worker.
He's been playing with his worker diff settings for a while ...
Maybe he's trying to game the diff by changing it ... it wont work ... but I'll ban his account if he keeps doing it.
... and I've updated the web site header 'Invalids:' to show share % and diff %
So it's easy for anyone to see that the invalids are being messed with Smiley
It resets every block change ... so ... hopefully ... soon

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 01:31:23 AM

Damn it...thought I had this issue fixed. My S3+ just did another restart. Now, I am really confused. Will look @ it later-  Need a break!!   Huh
Well the term 'restart' would be the first thing to check.
i.e. cgminer restart or S3+ power restart.

Also, may be of interest to run a script that polls the API every minute.
I do that at home for every miner and log all of summary+version+config+devs+pools+stats (forever) so I can see what a miner was doing just before anything happened.
Of course in my case when I'm changing code it helps to see a history of certain stats also and I know I'll have that history without having to do anything extra while coding/testing.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 01:37:38 AM

Hope it's not me. I'm sending 100TH rentals to try to help get over this damn block. Same settings as always though.

Go Big or Go Home.
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 01:41:32 AM

Hope it's not me. I'm sending 100TH rentals to try to help get over this damn block. Same settings as always though.
You'd know if it was you ... coz you would have been messing around changing your diff settings more than 150 times ...

xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 05:50:44 AM

Oh c'mon, this is getting ridiculous! I thought I'd give a small pool a chance but 3 days without a block is getting ridiculous. And it doesn't help that as the luck continues to get worse that more hashrate is running away. Grrrr.
BlInK311

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 12:58:03 PM

Oh c'mon, this is getting ridiculous! I thought I'd give a small pool a chance but 3 days without a block is getting ridiculous. And it doesn't help that as the luck continues to get worse that more hashrate is running away. Grrrr.

If you just joined, yes, you would think this is ridiculous.  If you were here all last week getting 200+% luck, you would still be ahead of the game.  I trust kano and ck with my miners and support the smaller pools.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 01:24:53 PM

If you just joined, yes, you would think this is ridiculous.  If you were here all last week getting 200+% luck, you would still be ahead of the game.  I trust kano and ck with my miners and support the smaller pools.

I absolutely trust this pool too! And I really want to support small pools like Kano.is and Bitminter. But the obvious downside of long stretches without solving a block can be very disappointing.
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 01:31:19 PM

I absolutely trust this pool too! And I really want to support small pools like Kano.is and Bitminter. But the obvious downside of long stretches without solving a block can be very disappointing.

Well after that AMAZING 14 block run, this shouldn't be unexpected.  Gotta pay the piper sometime Smiley

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Dmc123dmc

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Time is the one thing you can't run from

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 03:15:44 PM

But a bigger reward when the next block comes!

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
WBF1

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 03:30:22 PM

Changes in hashrate don't change the luck, only the expected amount of time to solve a block.

Worth a read: http://organofcorti.blogspot.com/2015/07/faq-bitcoin-mining-and-luck-statistic.html

Specifically...

1. Gambler's fallacy
For miners who have been around for more than a year or two seen good and bad luck (unless they mine at a "Pay per share" pool, in which case they are not subject to luck at all) and know that it will even out in the long term. However, every new miner striking a run of bad luck will flail around, looking to escape to another pool that is not having bad luck. This sort of response to random events can be thought of as a type of gambler's fallacy.

2. Bad luck lasts longer
Another reason that makes us mis-judge mining luck is that when we mine, we mostly experience bad luck. In fact if you go to the trouble of working it out, your hours of mining will be about one-quarter good luck and three quarters bad luck. Why? Bad luck takes longer, good luck rounds take much less time.

3. Assessing luck over time instead of blocks
Another mistake made by novice miners is to assume that the extremes of luck will be the same for all pool over any time frame. This is wrong for two related reasons:
The more blocks are solved the closer luck approaches 100%
Because the timeframe for luck to to approach 100% varies depending on number of blocks solved, comparing various pools' luck over the same time period is invalid. Instead we need to compare luck over similar number of blocks.
CapnBDL

MOBU

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 03:31:14 PM

Well the term 'restart' would be the first thing to check.
i.e. cgminer restart or S3+ power restart.

Also, may be of interest to run a script that polls the API every minute.
I do that at home for every miner and log all of summary+version+config+devs+pools+stats (forever) so I can see what a miner was doing just before anything happened.
Of course in my case when I'm changing code it helps to see a history of certain stats also and I know I'll have that history without having to do anything extra while coding/testing.

kano,

Running a script would be great but, like my description says, "I don't know code". No clue how to write a script to keep track of what my miners are doing. Will you plz PM me with some help?  Also, another question for you; my 'worker.6' consists of 5 (five) RedFury 2.1Gh USB sticks, which have been pencil modded to give me ~12.5GH total. Small (I know), but I like to run my miners separate so I can see what is going on /w them, well after seeing an earlier post by MikeStang concerning 'DUST', I'd like to know if I should run those '5 sticks' in conjunction with one of the r-Box110s I have going or does it really matter /w such a low hashrate? Or, should I take them out of the pool and put them to work on something else?

Thanks very much!

▄██▄
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
ZACHM

Activity: 777
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 03:37:09 PM

kano,

Running a script would be great but, like my description says, "I don't know code". No clue how to write a script to keep track of what my miners are doing. Will you plz PM me with some help?  Also, another question for you; my 'worker.6' consists of 5 (five) RedFury 2.1Gh USB sticks, which have been pencil modded to give me ~12.5GH total. Small (I know), but I like to run my miners separate so I can see what is going on /w them, well after seeing an earlier post by MikeStang concerning 'DUST', I'd like to know if I should run those '5 sticks' in conjunction with one of the r-Box110s I have going or does it really matter /w such a low hashrate? Or, should I take them out of the pool and put them to work on something else?

Thanks very much!

You could use ckpoolmonitor.zachmonroe.com

It runs a script every 5 minutes and records your hashrate with an easy to view graph.
You can see your workers separately on the graph (as long as you have less than 25 workers).
CapnBDL

MOBU

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 04:14:14 PM

kano,

Thanks very much!

It runs a script every 5 minutes and records your hashrate with an easy to view graph.
You can see your workers separately on the graph (as long as you have less than 25 workers).

I've started your app, but do I have to keep it open for it to give me a full graph? Also, missing the S3+, is there something I need to add for it to be listed on the graph? Not sure how it works.

Thanks

edit: Ahh..forget it...it just started to show up. Must have needed some time to D/L.  Thx

▄██▄
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
ZACHM

Activity: 777
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 04:20:36 PM

kano,

Thanks very much!

I've started your app, but do I have to keep it open for it to give me a full graph? Also, missing the S3+, is there something I need to add for it to be listed on the graph? Not sure how it works.

Thanks

No need to keep it open. It will continue to run.
SergES

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 05:32:38 PM

ZACHM
Is it possible to make in mail notification who is found block?
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 06:19:04 PM

You just picked the wrong 3 days to follow along, that's all.

Last week blocks were falling from the sky like magic!
CapnBDL

MOBU

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 06:19:30 PM

kano,

Thanks very much!

Thanks

No need to keep it open. It will continue to run.

Tried out your app...nice, but it doesn't show me the info I need to trouble-shoot why this S3 is restarting. Not sure if it's cgminer or an actual reboot (whether it's power or something else). But thanks...I'll use it.

Sooo...it's back to my questions to kano...can you help?

▄██▄
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
CapnBDL

MOBU

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 06:47:11 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2015, 06:58:44 PM by CapnBDL

OH dang!! I think I have to reinstall the kano/ck update for the s3s. Besides the rebooting problem...I am also experiencing a problem with not being able to shut-off the temp control, & crazy negative numbers showing up in the web app (ie. -1day4hrs2min runtime when it just started, -89GH for hashrate) It's just gone 'cray-cray' on me. Not quite sure, but it's been corrupted somehow. What the heck did I do???

▄██▄
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: