Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:18:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 [1552] 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2437 blocks  (Read 5350881 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
rifleman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:23:22 PM

An empty bottle of Jack Daniels was sacrificed for the good of the order.
nazzer

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:37:22 PM

I currently have btc in a coin base account and would like to convert to bch to purchase more miners. How is the best way to convert to bch? I was planning to move the btc to bittrex and then exchange for bch. Is this a good way to make the conversion? After I convert at Bittrex can I pay bit main from there or should I transfer to a trezor and make payment to bit main from the trezor? Thank you,
I could be wrong, but my experience is transfer to bittrex, exchange for bch then pay directly from there.  If you transfer to trezor then you pay two transfer fees.

I personally use Jaxx as a hot wallet for BCH, exchange BCH using Shapeshift into the Jaxx BCH wallet - due to unpredictable network block times, this seems a safer way - and most of the time I get a favorable exchange rate through shapeshift.

Vega 56 | Vega 64 | RX580 | GTX1070 | 1050Ti | S9 | L3+
minergain.com

Activity: 285
Merit: 10

Free mining equipment tracking and reporting

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 12:16:57 AM

I personally use Jaxx as a hot wallet for BCH, exchange BCH using Shapeshift into the Jaxx BCH wallet - due to unpredictable network block times, this seems a safer way - and most of the time I get a favorable exchange rate through shapeshift.
I have read comments that the shapeshift / jaxx combo can be very expensive - sometimes up to 10%.  Here is a comment from another forum: They (shapeshift) only have a miner fee for the amount they send back. Please check this page on their website: https://info.shapeshift.io/about.  I know that the Jaxx automatic calculation with the default BTC mining fee can be pricey.  I am not sure if converting to BCH has a BTC mining fee or not - nor do I know if the mining fee setting impacts the shapeshift fees.  In any case, be alert if you go with this option.

www.minergain.com - Free miner equipment tracking and reporting
Mike is a tiny miner: 8 S9, 1 D3, 6 RX470
I mine at Kano Pool, for better BTC Profits!
powrslave

Activity: 123
Merit: 17

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 12:20:10 AM

It's the sound a cat makes in Japanese  Cheesy
(Instead of meow)

LOL.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEKUdugY6Yo
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 2604

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:40:35 AM

how is the water?

8 S9s just cleared HK inspection, on their way to join my current 2 machines. ordered another 10 from bitmain this afternoon.
20 S9s looking for a nice cozy pool to splash around soon.... Smiley
Jump in, the water is warm.
Ja! Dive in and join the few(er), the proud, the loony...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active Primary developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4536
Merit: 1847

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:00:41 AM

It's the sound a cat makes in Japanese  Cheesy
(Instead of meow)

LOL.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEKUdugY6Yo
Somewhat NSFW https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlwVBKs5T_E

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
nazzer

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:12:11 AM

I have read comments that the shapeshift / jaxx combo can be very expensive - sometimes up to 10%.  Here is a comment from another forum: They (shapeshift) only have a miner fee for the amount they send back. Please check this page on their website: https://info.shapeshift.io/about.  I know that the Jaxx automatic calculation with the default BTC mining fee can be pricey.  I am not sure if converting to BCH has a BTC mining fee or not - nor do I know if the mining fee setting impacts the shapeshift fees.  In any case, be alert if you go with this option.

You're right about the BCH to BTC conversion - miner fee is 0.00125 BTC (12 dollars at current rates!)

BTC to BCH seems to be fine - miner fee on BCH is only 0.002BCH and exchange rate is usually quite good.

Vega 56 | Vega 64 | RX580 | GTX1070 | 1050Ti | S9 | L3+
Toll-Booth-Jim

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 02:12:55 AM

I just want to know if anyone else feels the same way about this.  I love that the price of BTC is way high but this seriously fast increase in price somewhat worries me.  I don't want to say anything bad about BTC, I just feel like it's kinda out of control, that's the point though.  I don't know could it ever be possible that the price decreases to where it was say 6 months ago or less?  Where do you guys think it will level off and who decides the price, I think the traders do but I really have no idea.  Let me know what you guys think?  Happyyyyy Mining Kano people!
minergain.com

Activity: 285
Merit: 10

Free mining equipment tracking and reporting

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 03:19:03 AM

I just want to know if anyone else feels the same way about this.  I love that the price of BTC is way high but this seriously fast increase in price somewhat worries me.  I don't want to say anything bad about BTC, I just feel like it's kinda out of control, that's the point though.  I don't know could it ever be possible that the price decreases to where it was say 6 months ago or less?  Where do you guys think it will level off and who decides the price, I think the traders do but I really have no idea.  Let me know what you guys think?  Happyyyyy Mining Kano people!
I also wonder, but I treat mining and crypto investments much like stocks and gambling.  It is like stocks in that it is more risky than bonds and like gambling in that I only put money in that I will not destroy my future if it goes bust. Obviously there is much more up side than this, but there is a small chance that it will all fall apart. If your risk tolerance is lower than this, then it is best to convert enough earnings to pay your power each month. That makes your mining operation much less risky.  Anyway, this is risky business, but as we have all seen, there is a lot of upside potential too.  I hope this helps gives you some options.

www.minergain.com - Free miner equipment tracking and reporting
Mike is a tiny miner: 8 S9, 1 D3, 6 RX470
I mine at Kano Pool, for better BTC Profits!
smrgl

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:22:32 AM

Sooo, when are dust payments be sent out? I have an incredible amount of 0.0002+ total and would like to receive that in the near future.

Thanks
rifleman74

Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:50:45 AM

Sooo, when are dust payments be sent out? I have an incredible amount of 0.0002+ total and would like to receive that in the near future.

Thanks

You need that $2 that bad?
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:00:41 AM

The JP node has been losing network connection on and off over the last few hours.
The provider says there's a DDoS going at their servers.

The most annoying part about it is that I'm in Tokyo and still losing connection directly to it/can't connect to it.

As usual, you should have a backup to one of the other nodes - and from Japan that would probably be best to use stratum.kano.is as the backup.
They seem to think it is now resolved - and the last disconnect message I got was about 20mins ago so hopefully all OK again now at the JP node.
This is going on again today also Sad
They said they fixed it again today but then it started yet again.
As before for the few people that mine on the JP node, be sure you have that backup setup.
This was FINALLY sorted out at 02:28 UTC
JP node been OK since then.

On another note though, the nonce server got rebooted by that (different) provider (with no warning) and I mistook the alerts being more from the JP server.
Sorry about that.
The nonce server was down from 02:32 UTC til 03:24 UTC but back up and running all OK again.

Edit: and just as I posted this ... the JP node dropped it's connections again Sad
So it WAS working for 1.5 hrs but yet again the network at the JP node is playing up.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
smrgl

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:22:15 AM

Thanks

Well, at least I am interested in how dust payments are handled at all because with the exception of "Dust payments below 0.00010000 BTC are not sent out yet." I don't find any further help. Other pools mention at least that such coffee money will be sent after the account was inactive a certain amount of time.
So will they be paid out at all? when? under what condition?
Or was this exercise of using the KanoPool just for my entertainment and all the dust payments will be kept forever?
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:38:16 AM

Thanks

Well, at least I am interested in how dust payments are handled at all because with the exception of "Dust payments below 0.00010000 BTC are not sent out yet." I don't find any further help. Other pools mention at least that such coffee money will be sent after the account was inactive a certain amount of time.
So will they be paid out at all? when? under what condition?
Or was this exercise of using the KanoPool just for my entertainment and all the dust payments will be kept forever?
They'll be sent out when I complete the accounting/payout changes.

Toll-Booth-Jim

Activity: 71

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 04:51:53 AM

I also wonder, but I treat mining and crypto investments much like stocks and gambling.  It is like stocks in that it is more risky than bonds and like gambling in that I only put money in that I will not destroy my future if it goes bust. Obviously there is much more up side than this, but there is a small chance that it will all fall apart. If your risk tolerance is lower than this, then it is best to convert enough earnings to pay your power each month. That makes your mining operation much less risky.  Anyway, this is risky business, but as we have all seen, there is a lot of upside potential too.  I hope this helps gives you some options.

I just always want to increase my mining power but that costs mining and power.  I'm just trying to take peoples opinions for reference only because this is a first for bitcoin.  Sure there've been spikes and increases before but I think it's been like 8 grand in 6 months or less lol.  It just blows my mind.  I love it!!!
Waztim

Activity: 210
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:59:39 AM

Bitcoin was created to eat Fiat currency. The M2 money supply during the Obama Administration went parabolic. They created trillions of Fiat dollars and every industrialized country followed suit. They had to do it to keep the Ponzi scheme going (confidence game). They can only inflate traditional markets so much without hyperinflation taking hold and destroying confidence in the system. China is 4 times more in debt than the United States on a GDP basis. So, what do you do to keep the ponzi going? You design a Fiat Currency eating machine, something that will eventually, over time, eat all the bloated assets up and replace their valuations into a Global means of exchange. Ta Da!! Bitcoin and other crypto currencies.
Now, with that said, there are going to be temporary pullbacks and occasional bear markets in the Crypto's. The Golden Rule I follow is that I don't own anything in this space that is not mined. Bitcoin is and will be the Gold Standard for all others to follow. There will be consolidation, but eventually all Crypto will either be sucked up by Bitcoin or will be integrated to conduct Hotswaps with Bitcoin. 1 year prediction: July 2018 BTC 22K, end of FY18, BTC no less than 50K. Remember we have a halving coming up, which makes all BTC worth even more $$$.
Fundamentals are as follows: Limited Supply, less than 1% fiat currency participation, early innovation stage is still in progress, some early adoption into mainstream (think Japan) = Huge growth into the near term, huge growth long term.
Finally, if BTC garners 1% of the worlds Fiat wealth, BTC = 1 million dollars or more per coin. HODL
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:06:01 AM

I just always want to increase my mining power but that costs mining and power.  I'm just trying to take peoples opinions for reference only because this is a first for bitcoin.  Sure there've been spikes and increases before but I think it's been like 8 grand in 6 months or less lol.  It just blows my mind.  I love it!!!
My opinion is that, firstly, it's caused by trading, but more importantly by the fact that the trading is uncontrolled.

My expectation is that since there never will be control, the price should continue to go up until some other secure store of wealth exists - which I doubt will be the case for a long time.

The short term price goes up and down due to the trading, but the long term price should continue on the upward trend until some psychological limit is reached.
Of course one way to avoid that limit would be e.g. to change all BTC dealings to mBTC instead of BTC Cheesy

tonnynguyen

Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 07:17:08 AM

what coin A2000+ baikal gaint+ can mining ?? who can help me ?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:00:59 PM

Ok people, last day to get November in the green. 2 more will do it, so more chicken today!!  Cheesy
And mine on!  Cool

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
wavelengthsf

Merit: 118

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:17:59 PM

Ok people, last day to get November in the green. 2 more will do it, so more chicken today!!  Cheesy
And mine on!  Cool

I'm cheering on my S7s to work harder for the team, and live up to their potential.
Pages: « 1 ... 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 [1552] 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: