Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:55:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 [2229] 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2435 blocks  (Read 5350122 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 12:54:43 PM

Hallelujah! We finally cracked another!

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NomadGroup

Activity: 508
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 06:32:40 PM

I’m glad you finally got it guys!  It was getting close to a half year mark.  I wish you would have got it before the halving, oh well at least it’s finally cracked!  Congrats!  Wink
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 10:34:53 PM

Bam!  The elusive Block has been found.  Thank you, sir, may I have another?  Cool

And what's this I read about a kano-solo pool??  Cool!  You da Man!

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 02:04:05 AM
Merited by NotFuzzyWarm (1)

Bam!  The elusive Block has been found.  Thank you, sir, may I have another?  Cool

It will just be an account setting that can be set on a band new, unused account.
You wont be able to swap things back and forward - ever.
All the mining will be the same - same miner settings - same HIGH quality and PROPERLY managed servers.
No lost MULTIPLE blocks due to NEGLIGENCE like the Derp pools.
Same fee as the rest of the pool 0.9%
It will simply be, if you find a block and the account is flagged as solo, it's a solo reward.
KDB is of course full of up coming changes about this to separate everything - hash rate, rewards, finder type etc.

I've listed all the details in discord a few months back, and will post them here when it's ready - prolly in a few weeks.

Now back to working on this payout+dust today for all the current miners ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 02:04:45 PM

It will just be an account setting that can be set on a band new, unused account.
All the mining will be the same - same miner settings - same HIGH quality and PROPERLY managed servers.
It will simply be, if you find a block and the account is flagged as solo, it's a solo reward.
KDB is of course full of up coming changes about this to separate everything - hash rate, rewards, finder type etc.

I've listed all the details in discord a few months back, and will post them here when it's ready - prolly in a few weeks.

For accountability sake. How will other miners know who is mining for solo and who isn’t.  How do we know that solo miners only get rewarded for solo blocks and community miners get paid for work completed.  I know you have trust.  But this is a trustless environment.  Your making it so that I have to trust you don’t do something nefarious if one pool has had a dryer spell over the other.  It’s obvious the incentive is there to cheat since slower blocks result in less and less miners.   I guess what I’m asking is how will users personally verify prior to blocks being found who is on what pool?   This system that is supposed to be trustless sure is relying a ton on trusting others won’t do what’s best for them.  Idk. Sorry to be that pain. Just want some things to be done right. If we are to right the ship that is the financial system one must think of all the angles one can be defrauding another!

BR

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 02:39:04 PM

As I said, an account can only ever be one, and to become solo it must be flagged (within 2 hours of creation) before any mining and a few other requirements.
There will be no way to swap. If you want a different type of account, you have to create a new one.

Anyone who finds a block should already know they've found it, and the pool will of course already now immediately (the microsecond that the block is found) who found it and if it was solo or pooled - it will report it as such immediately as it already does but with the added distinction of being pooled or solo.
The already present user list will also be clear who is pooled and who is solo - two separate lists.
Expecting that I could pretend that a pooled miner didn't find the block when they were pooled mining, seems a rather odd thing to suggest.
The reverse, of taking a solo block away from the ONE person who found it, well that's not really gonna work too well either since they should know also.
Thus I don't see the problem.

Also, no two accounts can use the same payout address, that is there in the old public git code I wrote and will never be removed, since it causes balance calculation problems if any 2 accounts are allowed to use the same address, thus if an account is already receiving rewards to a non-solo address, they can't suddenly get solo rewards to that address - so it would be obvious in that case.

As for trust, well miners already put their trust in any pool they use, even ones where the operators don't give a shit and lose many blocks due to negligence and lack of interest, coz they're too busy working for Sol Press and don't care and they've already made thousands of BTC Tongue

Fudging blocks back and forth is simply a pool operator risk of being caught, like any other that you can think pools might want to do, yet everyone mines on pools anyway, even the ones that have already ripped of their miners large amounts ... like slush.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 2201

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2020, 02:43:13 PM

I think he might be asking if, as miners, can we tell? like when we look on the list of miners (stats page) can we see who is solo vs pool - that way when a block is found and is on the blocks page - it is easily confirmed that the miner is solo or pool.

I have one question - which you probably most likely answered and I either forgot or missed it - the pool hash rate, will that reflect only "pool" miners or will it include all accounts? or will there be two sets of stats - one for the pool miners and one for the solo miners?

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 02:44:38 PM

I think he might be asking if, as miners, can we tell? like when we look on the list of miners (stats page) can we see who is solo vs pool - that way when a block is found and is on the blocks page - it is easily confirmed that the miner is solo or pool.

I have one question - which you probably most likely answered and I either forgot or missed it - the pool hash rate, will that reflect only "pool" miners or will it include all accounts? or will there be two sets of stats - one for the pool miners and one for the solo miners?
Discussion when it's finished and ready, I'm really only replying since someone seems to think I'm trying to rip people off Tongue

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 2201

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2020, 02:51:00 PM

Discussion when it's finished and ready, I'm really only replying since someone seems to think I'm trying to rip people off Tongue

lol i dont think he thinks you are, more like looking for a way to show that you are not. like proof - rather than taking your word. he may not have history with you to yet trust you. I think those that do have history though do trust you - especially with no empty blocks and no blocks lost.

I have lost blocks on other pools but never here.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 12:18:01 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2020, 05:12:47 AM by kano

I've had a few PM questions about this, so I'll post it here (again) and reply with this link if anyone else asks:

Firstly, this is a PPLNS pool.
It means that every time we find a block, the reward is distributed to all shares in the last N

However, as discussed extensively back in January in Discord and a little in here also, from January, I changed the N to be 3 days.

In the past the pool N was 5Nd which was 5 times the network difficulty.
Alas, with a (now) small pool, no one would get their expected reward for something close to a year when they join.
Which no one in their right mind would do that.

As I stated many times, this change affects negatively (very quickly) those who stop mining or leave the pool.
Solution: don't do that Smiley

P.S. this of course also means that the badly named and misunderstood 'ramp up' is also only 3 days.
Get back in and you'll be back to expecting full reward per block in only 3 days.

VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 06:30:52 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2020, 08:29:47 PM by VRobb

Hey Diesel,
Yes, all of us long-term kanopool miners lost months of shares when the N (number of shares) changed from 5Nd (5 times current network diff) to just 3 days some time back.  Kano explained why, and with your miners off you lost all your shares after 3 days once that change happened.
Bummer, but it is the way if a smaller pool is to survive.

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2020, 12:57:48 AM

Are you lifting the firmware restrictions to solo miners?

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 02:39:01 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2020, 05:36:52 AM by kano

Are you lifting the firmware restrictions to solo miners?
Well, if you mean illegal firmware violating the cgminer license, put out by hackers on this forum who charge ridiculous fees ...
why would I be happy about supporting people using that?
Of course not.

As for rentals, or that 'other' legal firmware,
that's part of the reason why it's not ready yet ... though that part is complete, but requires the rest of the solo code to be complete of course.

The new system completely automatically disconnects and bans miners when they connect, and can also ban their IP permanently.
Some of the banning in the past was automatic and some required me to trigger it manually when I checked things.
The new one is fully automatic, but it doesn't replace the old one, just adds another method to do it.

It also has an option in those rules to allow solo users for some of the rules.
If you want to risk using some rental source, it will allow you to do that for some rental sources on solo.

It also means I am able to more easily detect issues related to where different types of mining are coming from and what they are using.
i.e. KDB now includes reports of it immediately upon request.

CPU/GPU will always be banned since they are a waste of any pool's resources, and you'd require millions of them to match a single miner ...
Edit: even a tiny NewPac USB miner is over 1000 times faster than a CPU and over 100 times faster than a GPU

Edit2: the next update also includes the correction of the pool block difficulties, since the pool has now got so small.
Using the TotalDiff/NetworkDiff is incorrect.
While in the past, we were a much larger pool, and this made negligible difference and on only a very few blocks that crossed difficulty boundaries, over the past year this has been clearly incorrect and noticeable (like all the other small pools has for years ...)
With the update, blocks in the last year will be updated also, and the new code (in testing) already handles this correctly.
It is actually a major issue in calculating the value correctly also even using the largest language double value available in C, due to lack of precision.
Using a running total also gives rise to incorrect values, however, as has always been the case here, KDB shows an estimate first when the block is found, but re-calculates it with an update. The new estimate is calculated correctly but contains the small running precision issue, that gets larger as the number of shares increases, however the re-calculation resolves that by grouping results within shifts, within difficulty ranges, before doing the calculation.

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
May 26, 2020, 01:25:34 PM
Merited by clgrissom3 (2)

Hey Diesel,
Yes, all of us long-term kanopool miners lost months of shares when the N (number of shares) changed from 5Nd (5 times current network diff) to just 3 days some time back.  Kano explained why, and with your miners off you lost all your shares after 3 days once that change happened.
Bummer, but it is the way if a smaller pool is to survive.

Well that sux.   Guess I should have consulted here before disconnecting; but then again it would not have changed my decision - the 220V circuit  powering the miners had to go for another piece of equipment and offices were being added and the fan noise would have been unacceptable.   So I didn't really have a choice.  I could have spun up another location but my miners were already only marginally profitable under "normal" luck so start-up expenses would have tilted everything back to unprofitable and it would not have been worth it.

Guess I am just out 800-900$

Not really.

Assuming 5ND was kept instead of changed to 3 days in Jan:

Say you had 54TH mining end of Feb, and turned them off March 1st, ramp down time was around 146 days in Jan, it would have been more in March, but for arguments sake lets keep it the same.

Block was found on 2th May, which is 81 days after you turned off your miners. So by then you would have ramped down by at least 55% or roughly 24TH.

Pool N avg was 7.45PH when the block was found and the block was worth 8.31423879 BTC

So your pool reward percentage would have been 0.024/7.45*100 which equals 0.322147651%

That's 8.31423879 x 0.322147651% or 0.026784125 BTC

BTC price was aprox $9750 so the most you could have lost was pretty much $261

If you would have kept mining the entire time after the switch to 3 days you would have made 0.05356825 or around $522 when the block was found in May

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2020, 03:18:07 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2020, 08:53:16 AM by kano

I've moved my reply here since it belongs here (as does Phil's ...)

I know kano has had a very small next to nothing tx fee block.

I don't recall if it was under 30 seconds for sure.  I think the clock times were 9 or 17 seconds.  He was close to a fee less block.

The smallest blocks we've found were obviously those very shortly after another network block when the mempool was close to empty, but not empty.
There's always between 0 and 30 seconds of network time for more transactions to appear, so that's why it's VERY rare for work to be empty.

So would you rather hit 5 blanks a month.  Or all the blanks have a small amount of tx fees but you don't get the 5 you lose one to a guy that went shortcut method.
This logic is incorrect.
A pool will find, on average, 1 block every 100% diff of work they do.
It doesn't matter if they are empty blocks, full blocks, or half full.
Bitcoin is not a race to be first to find a block, it is a random event.
You aren't losing a block to someone else.
Every hash you do has the same chance of finding a block.

When you find any block, the 'race' is to make sure your block gets out to the bitcoin network as fast as possible, so others will start working on top of your block, and not find another block based on the previous block, to replace your block and have an orphan race.

I would like to point out that lifetimes stats for luck on kano.is

are 101.17%   for 2429 blocks

My point is once BTC became valuable or more valuable

Kano.is has had really bad luck.
You are ignoring the CDF[Erl] and not applying any statistical results to your "really bad luck"
It isn't really bad luck, it's quite well within expected probabilities.

kano.is shows CDF[Erl] which states quite clearly how expected the results are:
Code:
Description	            Time  Mean Diff%  MeanTx%  CDF[Erl]    Luck%   PAPPS%
Last 5 Blocks            40.1wks     135.99%  107.59%    0.8079   73.53%   78.41%
Last 10 Blocks           49.4wks     129.76%  105.51%    0.8326   77.06%   80.58%
Last 25 Blocks           62.9wks     106.75%  105.22%    0.6542   93.67%   97.68%
Last 50 Blocks           79.6wks     118.79%  103.28%    0.9032   84.18%   86.16%
Last 100 Blocks          91.2wks     107.33%  102.20%    0.7731   93.17%   94.36%
Last 250 Blocks         131.0wks     104.61%  104.48%    0.7699   95.60%   98.98%
Last 500 Blocks         153.8wks     108.21%  108.85%    0.9643   92.41%   99.68%
Last 1000 Blocks        191.8wks     104.15%  109.14%    0.9040   96.02%  103.85%
All - Last 2429 Blocks  295.8wks      98.85%  104.67%    0.2866  101.17%  104.94%

Also note that the PAPPS% reward for the last 500 blocks (the worst CDF[Erl] value) is 99.68% PPS

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 07:59:15 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2020, 12:21:24 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

BLOCK by Canaan!
Woot!

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 08:41:39 PM

BLOCK by Canaan!
Woot!

Sweet!

Can't wait to see my name on that list Smiley

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 10:28:26 PM

Hi everyone. Looking to switch over to here when bitminter shuts at the end of the month. Im only a hobby miner with some gekkos (1.8Th) so wont be winning any prizes or blocks for my contribution lol.

I did mine here a couple of years ago when I had some bigger gear but im in the UK and electricity prices suck so had to scale down. What I wanted to know is whether my old account would still be stored in the system or would I need to create another one?  Can’t for the life of me remember my password but can provide email addresses. Thanks.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 11:15:34 PM

What I wanted to know is whether my old account would still be stored in the system or would I need to create another one?  Can’t for the life of me remember my password but can provide email addresses. Thanks.

Just reset your password on the web site.  You can also create another account if you like.  It's up to you.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
June 26, 2020, 04:39:25 PM

What I wanted to know is whether my old account would still be stored in the system or would I need to create another one?  Can’t for the life of me remember my password but can provide email addresses. Thanks.

Just reset your password on the web site.  You can also create another account if you like.  It's up to you.

Because I have tried so many times to guess my old login, it says I need to "try again later". That was yesterday and still reads the same today  Huh

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
Pages: « 1 ... 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 [2229] 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: