Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:12:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 165493 times)
vuduchyld

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:55:10 AM

so y'all promonero guys are assuming that BCX's 500 BTC bet is false? and that Moneroman88 didn't actually goad BCX into wanting to find an exploit in Monero?

it seems like thats what happened to me. funny how all the other moderated monero threads are silent on this whole affair.

thats because you are Moneroman88

I hate to be potentially feeding a troll, but if there were 500 BTC in escrow, where's the evidence of this?

I don't think they got that far.  BCX offered it up.  I'm sure they could both come up with it and work out the escrow if the agreement was struck, but it wasn't.

Edit: just to be clear, I'm only guessing, here, not trying to speak for anybody actually involved.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grapefruitninja

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:01:41 AM

Just saw this.

Code:
___________.___   _____  _____________      __  _____ ____________________ 
\__    ___/|   | /     \ \_   _____/  \    /  \/  _  \\______   \______   \
  |    |   |   |/  \ /  \ |    __)_\   \/\/   /  /_\  \|       _/|     ___/
  |    |   |   /    Y    \|        \\        /    |    \    |   \|    |    
  |____|   |___\____|__  /_______  / \__/\  /\____|__  /____|_  /|____|    
                       \/        \/       \/         \/       \/          

Monero block 0bf50dbacb59f0f0a5225b69ec95a69caef9bc0dc20403bbd96ce92390eacca3

Height? <226772>
Timestamp (UTC)? 2014-09-21 00:13:41 (13 minutes ago)
Difficulty? 1,468,634,478

Monero block 4cf11cd2d980721e4738c0887352bc5a580e2f1824c644ac2401051f2e553431

Height? <226773>
Timestamp (UTC)? 2014-09-21 00:13:31 (14 minutes ago)
Difficulty? 1,468,261,327
Orphan? no

Looks like FUD. As far as I know timestamp exceed 1hr will never make it in, nor can it be less than median of last N blocks so we notice in advance?

Anyone can comment?
ahumanbeingx

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

"The only real valuable thing is intuition."

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:05:09 AM

Can someone recap what's going on here? We need to know if our Monero investment is solid still. Sad

Developing the future of crypto.
Kuriso

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:07:10 AM

Can someone recap what's going on here? We need to know if our Monero investment is solid still. Sad

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789978.msg8905825#msg8905825
TheFascistMind

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:14:36 AM

I probably did the wrong thing and should have only announced my discovery to the developers, so it could be vetted privately first. But my first reaction was how to short because if a coin killer I could earn a lot more. As I realized there is probably mitigation and also as I realized that to short I would be borrowing from the longs who are deep pocketed, that I couldn't win a shorting battle unless it was a fight to the finish and I have no desire to fight with my friend Risto nor the other developers I would like to work with in the future.

So the wisest action is to sell my insight to them if I am correct. Let them work on mitigation.

Wow, what a load of horse shit this is.

First you decide not to short because you realise you'll be profiting from a friends loss, you then decide a better course of action would be to extort the devs, while announcing to the public you have an exploit...and you know full well what that will lead to a dump...which in turn will also result in a friends loss...but hey, they can deal with that right?... you're the good guy in all this right?

So much for being an upstanding member of this community...dick.

I wanted nothing to do with it. Yesterday I received a PM from jl777 asking me how much BTC would motivate me to dig. I said 5 - 10 BTC. He then publicly offered a bounty, which BrilliantRocket upped to 10 BTC, so I felt obligated to investigate. When I awoke today, I looked at the math and didn't find the exploit I expected. So I quit.

At dinner I suddenly had an epipheny on the exploit. I initially thought I would short Monero, because it seemed it was doomed no matter what I did, because I also see another related attack against Monero because it doesn't have BBR's safety feature. I will detailing this in my next post.

But then while waiting for PMs of who would loan me XMR in sufficient size, I started to think of mitigations and then I realized if I short the whales will exhaust their BTC trying to defend and I would probably lose as mitigation would be found. Or if I won, my friend Risto could be destroyed. NFG! (no fucking good)

So then I had to decide if I do nothing, or help. I asked all by PM if we could agree on terms of the bounty.

Since I had already asked about borrowing XMR, I was being bombarded by PMs asking me if they should sell or not. I had no choice but to write a public message honestly.

Never did I intend to cause a price drop unless it would be unavoidable any way.

I agree I didn't operate calmly and methodically enough but cripes man that is too much happening in one day for an old man.

P.S. the younger CN devs have apparently gone to sleep, and my eyes are heavy now too. We've been trying to get the amplification algorithm characterized.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:18:38 AM

i got trolled too. i actually believed that bcx was offering 72 hours to attack.  now i see that it was just a trollbox fake account.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:20:25 AM

Guys its simple...

Cryptonotes are dead, Chandran Signatures are the new way to go.....

Forget all you know about cryptonotes and check out Stealthcoin.

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-XST

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681725.0
vuduchyld

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:21:03 AM

i got trolled too. i actually believed that bcx was offering 72 hours to attack.  now i see that it was just a trollbox fake account.

Say what?  He posted here, then logged back in and edited the post.

Are you saying the trollbox 72 hour threat was fake?
TheFascistMind

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:21:26 AM

i got trolled too. i actually believed that bcx was offering 72 hours to attack.  now i see that it was just a trollbox fake account.

Huh? He posted in this thread to confirm the poloniex account. Also he has sent me PMs.

He deleted his post from this thread. Strange guy  Undecided
Kuriso

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:25:30 AM

I probably did the wrong thing and should have only announced my discovery to the developers, so it could be vetted privately first. But my first reaction was how to short because if a coin killer I could earn a lot more. As I realized there is probably mitigation and also as I realized that to short I would be borrowing from the longs who are deep pocketed, that I couldn't win a shorting battle unless it was a fight to the finish and I have no desire to fight with my friend Risto nor the other developers I would like to work with in the future.

So the wisest action is to sell my insight to them if I am correct. Let them work on mitigation.

Wow, what a load of horse shit this is.

First you decide not to short because you realise you'll be profiting from a friends loss, you then decide a better course of action would be to extort the devs, while announcing to the public you have an exploit...and you know full well what that will lead to a dump...which in turn will also result in a friends loss...but hey, they can deal with that right?... you're the good guy in all this right?

So much for being an upstanding member of this community...dick.

I wanted nothing to do with it. Yesterday I received a PM from jl777 asking me how much BTC would motivate me to dig. I said 5 - 10 BTC. He then publicly offered a bounty, which BrilliantRocket upped to 10 BTC, so I felt obligated to investigate. When I awoke today, I looked at the math and didn't find the exploit I expected. So I quit.

At dinner I suddenly had an epipheny on the exploit. I initially thought I would short Monero, because it seemed it was doomed no matter what I did, because I also see another related attack against Monero because it doesn't have BBR's safety feature. I will detailing this in my next post.

But then while waiting for PMs of who would loan me XMR in sufficient size, I started to think of mitigations and then I realized if I short the whales will exhaust their BTC trying to defend and I would probably lose as mitigation would be found. Or if I won, my friend Risto could be destroyed. NFG! (no fucking good)

So then I had to decide if I do nothing, or help. I asked all by PM if we could agree on terms of the bounty.

Since I had already asked about borrowing XMR, I was being bombarded by PMs asking me if they should sell or not. I had no choice but to write a public message honestly.

Never did I intend to cause a price drop unless it would be unavoidable any way.

I agree I didn't operate calmly and methodically enough but cripes man that is too much happening in one day for an old man.

P.S. the younger CN devs have apparently gone to sleep, and my eyes are heavy now too. We've been trying to get the amplification algorithm characterized.

What are your thoughts and this 72 hour attack?  do you think it is a legit concern?  is it something different from what you are looking at?
vuduchyld

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:25:40 AM

i got trolled too. i actually believed that bcx was offering 72 hours to attack.  now i see that it was just a trollbox fake account.

Huh? He posted in this thread to confirm the poloniex account. Also he has sent me PMs.

I thought the post he deleted was the one saying he had no intention of attacking XMR
TheFascistMind

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:26:59 AM

I am sure everyone knows BBR has a feature which XMR doesn't have yet (and would require hard fork to add), where each coin is flagged with the minimum # of inputs it will mix with when it is transacted in the future. This enables BBR to avoid inadvertent unmasking of the anonymity.

Well when we consider an attacker do that on purpose, then XMR is much more suspectible to anonymity reduction (which we are still trying to decide if also reveals the private key).
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:27:16 AM

I was watching, he posted a link to the forum where he confirmed that it was him who showed up @ poloniex (but he has deleted that post now, after it was verified by the chat).

Also here is some more of the chat log...
rdnkjdi1: told u guys he was a litecoin whale
lookup: Nekomaou, ya.lol
blaaaaacksuit: ok someone is really taking advatage of this panic
vuduchyld: BCX...not for long! You're about to own 16K XMR!
lookup: my kid needs more diapers. sell time
blaaaaacksuit: vuduchyld, +1
BitcoinEXpress: blaaaaacksuit, do your history, I was there from day and block zero
lookup: or i could use newspaper???
rdnkjdi1: bitcoinexpress is ltc going to come back after you destroy xmr???
blaaaaacksuit: BitcoinEXpress, why are you STILL hodling is what im asking
BitcoinEXpress: vuduchyld, enlightme how?
Monkeychanger: rfcdejong, who needs soap operas. well i never have, but you get the point.
rfcdejong: almost no buy support down to 340-343 range
rfcdejong: Monkeychanger, Smiley
maqa71: wall getting bigger
grus: wtf is with bitmark!?!?!
BitcoinEXpress: blaaaaacksuit, I can afford to.
lookup: lol 69 wall
grus: its madness!!
kuriso: DAMN buy support was pulled from XMR
maqa71: grus, dyor
filip.jovanovic: lol no sellers left
vuduchyld: BitcoinEXpress, sorry, I somehow misinterpreted something else you wrote and thought that 365 buy wall was yours.
blaaaaacksuit: BitcoinEXpress, i can afford to throw 100 bucks in the street but im not doing it
Monkeychanger: BitcoinEXpress, you should battle it out with Moneroman88 in some sort of crypto pay-per-view
blaaaaacksuit: BitcoinEXpress, bringer of the lolz
maqa71: Monkeychanger, lol
vuduchyld: It's a sell wall anyway. I'm just an idiot. Put me on ignore.
rfcdejong: it's nearly a 70 bTC Sell wall now
lookup: i like pizza
rocco: vuduchyld, lol
blaaaaacksuit: rfcdejong, clean up time
BitcoinEXpress: Ok somebody verify this is me so when I make the following post, you know it is real.
BitcoinEXpress: proof https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789978.msg8905499#msg8905499
rfcdejong: sell early and buy back at 343
raska.marcel: STR up up up
zyduuu: hahah instant add of fibre to polo and cryptsy fasten Your seatbelts CheesyCheesy:D
kuriso: BitcoinEXpress, i thought you were fake lol
davidlatapie: 4353453, of course it sounds true. That's the point of FUD: it must look true
zyduuu: Smiley
vuduchyld: Yes, that is you, BitcoinEXpress
rfcdejong: blaaaaacksuit, ya someone is building the wall
Monkeychanger: BitcoinEXpress, I see it
rocco: BitcoinEXpress, so why come here? what you want to tell us ?
raska.marcel: Hold STR
BitcoinEXpress: Pay attention as I am going to only say this once.
lookup: wall will be gone soon when no one buys
lookup: or sells
BitcoinEXpress: The reason I didn't turn this over to the devs is that I wanted them to dig out it was a real threat.
Jimsonweed: lol dat xmr dump
lookup: drop it like its hott
BitcoinEXpress: So far, Anonymint and Smooth as well rpietella acknowledge the exploit.
BitcoinEXpress: I am not motivated by money, really I am not.
Monkeychanger: -wanted them to dig out it was a real threat.- wait what?
BitcoinEXpress: I love the game
rfcdejong: as i said: i don't care about anon, i like monero even when the whitepaper has to be shredered
blaaaaacksuit: BitcoinEXpress, so you posted it in public for everyone to see?
rocco: BitcoinEXpress, so how to continue now?
vuduchyld: BitcoinEXpress there is NO doubt that if you were motivated by money, you would have played it differently. I believe what you say.
Monkeychanger: couldnt they just dig out it was a real threat if you handed it over to them?
maqa71: BitcoinEXpress, perfectly handled, let THEM dig
BitcoinEXpress: Here s the game, the XMR devs and rpietilla now know it is real and working to fix it.
maqa71: risto is *bleep*ting his pants now lol
Ultros: Can they fix it?
rfcdejong: BitcoinEXpress, by removing anon isn't it ?
blaaaaacksuit: BitcoinEXpress, i thought it was unfixable
filip.jovanovic: BitcoinEXpress, i bet the game is, you gave them a deadline when u proceed with the attack?
BitcoinEXpress: In 72 hours I will launch out a full blown XMR coin killing attack. I suggest they have it fixed by then
maqa71: bwahahahaha
filip.jovanovic: BitcoinEXpress, yeah...
lookup: i should have invested in doge
TrollToll: LOL
Monkeychanger: -applauds-
blaaaaacksuit: this is like a really bad die hard movie
kuriso: i just took my loss
vuduchyld: I'm buying MORE. I'll make my bet that they fix it.
rocco: BitcoinEXpress, thanks for the warning, i am sure the fix will be out by then, very fair played
irmeli: lookup, you get many DOGE for your 0.998 XMR
Nekomaou: BitcoinEXpress, and you came in here to terrorize the trollbox because the forum wasnt enought c;
blaaaaacksuit: BitcoinEXpress, ok
lookup: irmeli, sweet
Ultros: And you said you didn't want to harm xmr in anyway, you're really trolling hard.
BitcoinEXpress: Anonymint was correct, it requires the deployment of a TW, which unfortunately for XMR, I have the capability.
blaaaaacksuit: BitcoinEXpress, ok Dr. Evil, well be waiting
Monkeychanger: this is great!
filip.jovanovic: BitcoinEXpress, whats a TW?
Monkeychanger: I mean great entertainment, not in the evil sense...
rfcdejong: dump your XMR and buy HYP
rocco: time warp
checkpoints13: wow... this is the third time i told my self.. surely BTM can go up any higher. But its up 40% every day i look at it!!!.... glad i bought some yesterday Wink
BitcoinEXpress: And lets turn the heat up as little more
Ultros: BitcoinEXpress, You said you had no intention to attack XMR and now you're telling us exactly the opposite. How can you expect us to believe anything you say?
rocco: BitcoinEXpress, you really love this lol
Jimsonweed: checkpoints13, no brakes to this gravy train
blackjesus: BitcoinEXpress, At least you're consistent
blaaaaacksuit: Ultros, and hes telling us all in the trollbox of all places...come on
jwgealt: also, at least you put a deadline on ending this bull*bleep* scherade
BitcoinEXpress: I propose that rpietilla and I each move 500 BTC into a trusted escrow, winner take all. If I successfully deploy the attack I win, if I do not, XMT gets 500 BT
BitcoinEXpress: 500 BTC
blackjesus: Are we sure this is the same BCX from BCT?
jwgealt: how low can he fud the price down in 72 hours, place your bets
rocco: blackjesus, yes
vuduchyld: blackjesus, it is him. Confirmed by a BCT post
maqa71: omg duuuuuuuump
rdnkjdi1: BitcoinEXpress, rofl
BitcoinEXpress: blackjesus, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789978.msg8905499#msg8905499
blackjesus: vuduchyld, rocco, k thanks
lookup: what if people that buy sell here dont even look at trollbox?
rdnkjdi1: wow .... this is epic
kuriso: Buy support is being pulled from xmr. down to 197
Nekomaou: BitcoinEXpress, WTH
irmeli: BitcoinEXpress, so private keys can't be revealed, and monero can be fixed so it stays anon?
maqa71: i stirred up the *bleep* a bit swy
vuduchyld: mawa71 it wasn't you
maqa71: vuduchyld, wanna bet lmao
Jimsonweed: lol and there it goes
Ultros: He just proved that he's completely full of *bleep*, he said he had no intention to attack XMR, no interest to harm it, and now that.
Jimsonweed: xmr went under .0034
vuduchyld: maqa71 maybe you know something I don't
joseph-54f8: Intentions can change
irmeli: BitcoinEXpress, BCT post did not say what nick will be used at poloniex
BitcoinEXpress: I have tested this on an XMR sandboxed herd, it works or I sure as hell would not drop 500 BTC in the mix.
joseph-54f8: that's why they are called intentions
rdnkjdi1: i think bcx changes his mind sometimes ....
blaaaaacksuit: Ultros, duh, hes announcing this on the trollbox for crying out loud
Monkeychanger: lookup, oh they do baby
BitcoinEXpress: irmeli, hold on
Monkeychanger: Ultros, I guess he had a change of heart
maqa71: vuduchyld, Smiley
rdnkjdi1: from monero-dev chanel / fluffy
blaaaaacksuit: all you people dumping right now are falling for some grade D trolling
rdnkjdi1: "there's nothing we're going to do in the next 72 hours that will make a single bit of difference "
vuduchyld: Look at the sentence structure. It's clearly BCX.
BitcoinEXpress: irmeli, look now https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789978.msg8905499#msg8905499
joseph-54f8: intention =/= committment
TrollToll: FUD train inc
Jimsonweed: xmr dumped like yesterday's garbage LMAO
kuriso: DAMN
NoCoins: XMR PANIC
Cryptodivisa: WTF IS HAPPENING
NoCoins: LOL
maqa71: BitcoinEXpress, Proof of Bitcointalk lol
maqa71: XMR is DEAD
blaaaaacksuit: definitely entertained
lookup: LOL
ElectronicFerocious: free falling
blaaaaacksuit: LAWL
snakes: epic trolling here
September: BitcoinEXpress, you are an incredible person. i think i love you.
lookup: buy here sell on bittrex
maqa71: just epic
Nekomaou: weeeeeeee
rfcdejong: 50 XMR profit !! Smiley
BitcoinEXpress: My 72 hour clock starts now, I am gong dark till such time either the devs post a fix before the deadline or I kill it
Oldnoob: XMR money goes ack to XBC
Monkeychanger: daaaaam
NoCoins: Dump XMR, buy BTM Tongue
September: gg no re XMR
blackjesus: bunch of stop losses kicked in
jtgangus: xmr is done...
Monkeychanger: September, its amazing isn't it?
BitcoinEXpress: If you are holding XMR post 72 hours and lose, you have been warned. Later guys BCX
September: Monkeychanger, it is!
maqa71: race to bottom, who will win
Monkeychanger: these are the kinds of things you usually only read about days after they happen
rfcdejong: at least i got more XMR out of this FUD
blackjesus: I'll be doubling my holdings in XMR at these prices
joseph-54f8: Devs have their work cut out for them. Innovation doesn't happen on a schedule
kuriso: lol
blackjesus: thanks
Monkeychanger: ho... 29 BTC buy wall to the rescue
Nekomaou: thanks for the cheap xmr
maqa71: popcorn time
September: rfcdejong, dude anonymint is impartial and he confirmed that *bleep*
jwgealt: what a *bleep*ing dooshrag
rdnkjdi1: BitcoinEXpress can you post warning to bitcointalk in a new thread please?
Monkeychanger: gone
ElectronicFerocious: can;t buy this in stores folks
Excalibur: XMR is a sh!tcoin
jwgealt: "impartial", it also hasn't been confirmed by anyone on dev team, and it there's been no demonstration
maqa71: vuduchyld, https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByAZ3ZBIMAE-vnC.png
manummasson8: Is str dead
September: i'm out of XMR for good...no way am i EVER gambling on a bytecoin *bleep*ty codebase !!!!
Excalibur: i hope all Monero holders lose hard Smiley
Monkeychanger: 29 BTC buywall snatched literally 3 seconds after posted
Nekomaou: September, you were always a fuder, bye C:
rfcdejong: i don't believe BitcoinEXpress
Jimsonweed: xmr whales trying to hold it up to avoid tremendous losses
maqa71: big avalance incomingggggggggg
September: Nekomaou, that's not true at all.
joseph-54f8: 500 BTC you can believe
ElectronicFerocious: kuriso, looks like you got out in time.. well done.. rebought?
Excalibur: Jimsonweed, time to get the popcorn Smiley
kuriso: ElectronicFerocious, nope. im out
ElectronicFerocious: kuriso, cool cool
kuriso: ElectronicFerocious, .35 loss so not bad.
kuriso: ElectronicFerocious, had to when i seen this coming
September: Nekomaou, but i know when to fold a *bleep*ty hand. i honestly wish you good luck and i hope the XMR devs can pull it off. i really do.
Excalibur: Jimsonweed, XMR whales will lose so much money Smiley
joseph-54f8: Its not just talk, with 500 BTC on the line
SweetJohnDee: Ouchy wah wah
user54: This doesnt bode too well for Monero
lookup: drop it like its hott
Roney: How about ANX?
joseph-54f8: Block chain doesn't lie
Nekomaou: September, thanks good luck for you too
Monkeychanger: user54, LOL
maqa71: its done, only fools buy back with this *bleep* going on
NoCoins: Relax, there's a 120 BTC wall at 200K on XMR!
maqa71: relax Huh serious Huh
Monkeychanger: thats 35+% from where it currently is
Excalibur: jl777 is a scammer
lookup: lol
Monkeychanger: 35% lower
kuriso: NoCoins, unless risto owns the majority of xmr, thats not enough to buy them all
Smildew: It's Fibre Fever time!
NoCoins: Hehehe, I know, I'm joking, XMR is going nuts
joseph-54f8: No weekend fun for dev team, that much is certain
Monkeychanger: NoCoins, oh, my bad! LOL in that case
NoCoins: Someone's having a field day lol
joseph-54f8: Well... coding is fun, so there is that
vandalay23: Replace XMR matkets with NHZ !!!
user54: Sounds more like to me bcx is trying to motivate the devs to fix this in less than three days
manummasson8: Replace XMR with QBK!
vuduchyld: Is this exploit a CN exploit? I don't see BBR moving much.
Excalibur: manummasson8, no
Excalibur: vuduchyld, because it's a sh!tcoin
user54: Honestly, if they cant fix this in three days, other people than bcx will also figure this out.
Nekomaou: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789978.msg8905722#msg8905722

aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:29:12 AM

I thought the post he deleted was the one saying he had no intention of attacking XMR

that post is still live.

any deleted posts are probably available on the shadow forum bitcointa.lk

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Kuriso

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:31:46 AM

The BCX in the trollbox was real.  Quoted and linked here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789978.msg8905772#msg8905772

Looks like he deleted it from the fourm. 

BCX links the reference here, "BitcoinEXpress: blackjesus, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789978.msg8905499#msg8905499"

maqa71: omg duuuuuuuump
rdnkjdi1: BitcoinEXpress, rofl
BitcoinEXpress: blackjesus, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789978.msg8905499#msg8905499
blackjesus: vuduchyld, rocco, k thanks
lookup: what if people that buy sell here dont even look at trollbox?
rdnkjdi1: wow .... this is epic
kuriso: Buy support is being pulled from xmr. down to 197
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:33:15 AM

totally fake.  you are slipping kuriso

TheFascistMind

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:33:49 AM

that post is still live.

any deleted posts are probably available on the shadow forum bitcointa.lk

No that site can't keep up any more.
vuduchyld

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:34:46 AM

Tell us MOAR!  If you're right, this is the best XMR buying opportunity in a long time
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:37:56 AM

Stop lying.

Coingrab

Activity: 308

Got to get them all!

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:38:16 AM

I had a sudden epiphany while at dinner which is BCX's exploit, well at least I can find the i == s and from that it may be possible to factor 'x' the private key.

I am trying to think of a fix. So far I can not think of any fix. I think BCX is correct, this is a coin killer.

I will also be contacting BCX to see if he wants to buy it from me since he wrote publicly that someone offered in 100 BTC for this.

BCX, do you have any interest in buying this from me instead of me selling to James, smooth, or BrilliantRocket?

I received the above PM from "The Fascist" aka "Anonymint". It seems as if he has also found an exploit.

I have no interest in buying any exploit or any interest in attacking Monero. I am neither for or against the coin.

I do however see a serious flaw inherent to all CN coins with Monero being the focal point.

With this exploit expanding into the wild, holding any sum of funds in XMR you cannot lose is foolish.

I can absolutely guarantee you as soon as this exploit is successfully deployed, every single exchange will halt trading
and there will a lot of people holding coins they cannot trade anywhere.

As Anonymint also indicated, this is indeed a coin killer.

~BCX~

Good god. Dumping it now.  Shocked

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: