Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:38:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 165493 times)
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:21:37 PM

I hope that BitcoinEXpress and others leave Poloniex out of this battle. They're a great exchange run by trustworthy people who provide value to the alt currency space.

If there is an exploit to be launched, I humbly ask that you not make Poloniex the victim.

Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hotmetal

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:42:14 PM

I hope that BitcoinEXpress and others leave Poloniex out of this battle. They're a great exchange run by trustworthy people who provide value to the alt currency space.

If there is an exploit to be launched, I humbly ask that you not make Poloniex the victim.

Surely you do not except one room to stay in tact if the whole building is burning?
As the saying goes: Run, run away little girl.
TheFascistMind

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:03:41 PM

I have a theory to explain BCX's behavior.

BCX could possibly have a communication channel with those who did that sophisticated attack on Monero recently. No one knows who had the resources and insight to do that sophisticated attack. Someone or group has been very busy with educating themselves on the flaws in the CN code base.

Afaics BCX has specifically avoided mentioning BBR. And this appears to be very intentional. I am not discussing motives just noting observances.

I can't estimate the probability that he has an exploit or which components (Time Warp, amplification, crack keys) of the exploit he has proven to himself. Here is an alternative theory for you. He had to purchase the exploit from someone and had not yet paid. And he was trying to negotiate for a better price by creating competition for the exploit. This would explain all of his bizarre behavior in spades.

He wouldn't purchase from me because I don't have the complete attack (certainly not the time warp). But I can make the attack impotent if I can mitigate the anonymity amplification. God handed me something. Amazing. He waited for me to reveal aspects of the attack which forces the value of the exploit down, thus also forcing his supplier to demand the 72 hour window.

What he may be trying to do is prevent the supplier of the exploit from using it. He may have tried to stall the supplier and giving devs a chance to fix. The supplier may have the exploit but not the GPU farm. Thus BCX has this control over the situation, but has to balance it.

You see folks, I do play 4D chess.
TheFascistMind

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:06:34 PM

While at dinner, I had a significant epiphany on how to amplify the Sybil attack. I am relaying to the developers.
ceger

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:08:33 PM

or maybe he had no exploit and once you came forward with whatever you discovered/announced he hoped on your work to add validity to his baseless FUD?
vuduchyld

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:10:46 PM

"Can't we all just get along?" --Rodney King, as the streets of L.A. burn
isitturkey

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:14:52 PM

At dinner I suddenly had an epipheny

While at dinner, I had a significant epiphany

OK wtf do you eat for dinner?
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:17:26 PM

While at dinner, I had a significant epiphany on how to amplify the Sybil attack. I am relaying to the developers.

I usually get my (albeit modest) epiphanies either in the toilet or the sauna.
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:18:13 PM

Then there is a possibility of attack?
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:22:33 PM

3+MH increase to the hashrate in ~8 hours.. xmr supporters bringing the hash, great work guys  Cool adding another 6x 750ti's to the network
vuduchyld

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:24:12 PM

Sorry you are dealing with trolls and haters today. Thank you for continuing to work on the potential issue.  As I have said, you have the right to be compensated for you efforts, whether through bounty rewards, buying XMR at the market discount or whatever. Emotions are aflame for many right now. Hope it works out well for you (and of course for me as an XMR holder!)
vuduchyld

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:26:09 PM

3+MH increase to the hashrate in ~8 hours.. xmr supporters bringing the hash, great work guys  Cool adding another 6x 750ti's to the network

I a new, but I will be working through the process later today. Good instructions from oda.krell on speculation thread.

Hopefully there are scores more like me.

Let's roll!
TheFascistMind

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:26:41 PM

Decentralized exchanges can't be suspended. Also you prevent your own investors from bailing out. By saying that now, you are telling them to stampede out of the coin now.

Which decentralised exchanges exactly? Please let's stick to what exists and not what is hypothetical.

I suppose you monitor every tx on the blockchain and sure all trades go through centralized exchanges.  Roll Eyes

You had better retract that pronto.

This sort of alarmist, reactionary thinking has never fixed anything. As it stands, we have no evidence of this attack existing or being possible, other than a potentially spurious claim. We are not going to do anything until that status quo changes.

And you may not get any evidence. I am contemplating forsaking the 5 BTC and sending all my help to BBR only under the agreement they not release it to XMR under after the attack begins. I need to consult with BBR first and also waiting to see if your group can reign you in or not.

And you then unwind all the legitimate trades done after that hurting those who sold early in the attack.

You just can't seem to grasp it is a major event and not something to be so smug about.

Transactions !== trades. During the block 202612 attack most exchanges suspended trading and deposits, which I expect they would do in this situation as well if an attack even exists.

I am glad you believe in centralized crypto-currency.

I guess you missed the entire point that PoW is decentralized consensus and autonomous trading.

I fail to see how you think I'm being smug.

No shit Sherlock. That is the entire point.

I think it's clear that you and I are going to disagree here, given that you've already resorted to insulting me. As I do not want to get embroiled in mud-slinging I'm going to end this conversation permanently and step out and go walk on the beach with my wife. It's a Sunday afternoon, after all, and my life does not revolve around forum debates.

Well ain't that nice. While I am slaving away and barely got any sleep in order to try to save YOUR INVESTORS, you are wiggling your toes in the sandbox.

There are nice beaches here too and many beautiful people to go hang out with. I am sacrificing that. But never mind.
TheFascistMind

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:29:59 PM

Sorry you are dealing with trolls and haters today. Thank you for continuing to work on the potential issue.  As I have said, you have the right to be compensated for you efforts, whether through bounty rewards, buying XMR at the market discount or whatever. Emotions are aflame for many right now. Hope it works out well for you (and of course for me as an XMR holder!)

Well I on the way home from dinner I was thinking to put my 5 BTC into XMR then give them the mitigation fix I discovered. But fluffypony is not a troll, he is a core developer for XMR.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:30:50 PM

Decentralized exchanges can't be suspended. Also you prevent your own investors from bailing out. By saying that now, you are telling them to stampede out of the coin now.

Which decentralised exchanges exactly? Please let's stick to what exists and not what is hypothetical.

I suppose you monitor every tx on the blockchain and sure all trades go through centralized exchanges.  Roll Eyes

You had better retract that pronto.

This sort of alarmist, reactionary thinking has never fixed anything. As it stands, we have no evidence of this attack existing or being possible, other than a potentially spurious claim. We are not going to do anything until that status quo changes.

And you may not get any evidence. I am contemplating forsaking the 5 BTC and sending all my help to BBR only under the agreement they not release it to XMR under after the attack begins. I need to consult with BBR first and also waiting to see if your group can reign you in or not.

And you then unwind all the legitimate trades done after that hurting those who sold early in the attack.

You just can't seem to grasp it is a major event and not something to be so smug about.

Transactions !== trades. During the block 202612 attack most exchanges suspended trading and deposits, which I expect they would do in this situation as well if an attack even exists.

I am glad you believe in centralized crypto-currency.

I guess you missed the entire point that PoW is decentralized consensus and autonomous trading.

I fail to see how you think I'm being smug.

No shit Sherlock. That is the entire point.

I think it's clear that you and I are going to disagree here, given that you've already resorted to insulting me. As I do not want to get embroiled in mud-slinging I'm going to end this conversation permanently and step out and go walk on the beach with my wife. It's a Sunday afternoon, after all, and my life does not revolve around forum debates.

Well ain't that nice. While I am slaving away and barely got any sleep in order to try to save YOUR INVESTORS, you are wiggling your toes in the sandbox.

There are nice beaches here too and many beautiful people to go hang out with. I am sacrificing that. But never mind.
Please don't let one developer change your view. Many of us here appreciate your work! Let's set personal "beef" aside and try to strengthen the CN coins.

EDIT: Maybe you could discuss the fix with one of the other core members (or rpietila), I think most of them appreciate what you're doing here.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:34:59 PM

Balut, dinner of champions. Smiley
PestoQuinty

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:37:50 PM

Is it turkey?
TheFascistMind

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:40:58 PM

Sorry Anonymint, whilst you may have been a capable coder you're out of line in this occasion and frankly well past your shelf-life.

Thanks for the motivation.

I grew tired of your  martin armstrong links quite some time ago.

Let's talk in 2016.

I don't wish to offend you but this has become increasingly tedious. Resorting to Ad hominem attacks reflects poorly on your already fragile reputation.

I did not do an ad hominem attack.

jl777 was trying to politely coax fluffy to take it seriously and give me a little bit of appreciation.

Look I don't care any more about the 5 BTC. I don't like to be disrespected when I am giving up my valuable time to help. Sorry.
TheFascistMind

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:43:10 PM

EDIT: Maybe you could discuss the fix with one of the other core members (or rpietila), I think most of them appreciate what you're doing here.

None of them take me seriously. I am tired of this shit.

BCX may or may not have an exploit but this was not what I wanted to do with my time. I have much more lucrative things to be working on. XMR people think they know everything. So let them.
AKWAnalytics

Activity: 52

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:47:00 PM

None of them take me seriously. I am tired of this shit.

BCX may or may not have an exploit but this was not what I wanted to do with my time. I have much more lucrative things to be working on. XMR people think they know everything. So let them.

"think they know everything" or "won't fall for these BS theatrics".

I have been a finance professional for many years, and this type of behavior is typically indicative of FRAUD.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: