Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:45:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 165493 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 07:45:52 PM

What the heck?  One of my VPS just threw this:

Code:
[2014-09-21 19:40:51] Stratum detected new block
[2014-09-21 19:41:08] Pool set diff to 96483.6
[2014-09-21 19:41:08] Stratum detected new block
XMR going down like the TitanicXMR going down like the TitanicXMR going down like the Titanic^[[2014-09-21 19:43:08] Stratum connection timed out
[2014-09-21 19:43:08] Stratum connection interrupted

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 07:47:58 PM

Code:
XMR going down like the TitanicXMR going down like the TitanicXMR going down like the Titanic^[[2014-09-21 19:43:08] Stratum connection timed out

Looks like the pool may be compromised, or if not then being run by someone with an odd sense of humor.

Suggest switching pools.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 07:50:19 PM

It is not my preference to attack any coin. Tearing things down is not what I do. I build things. If ever I defeat any coin, I want it to be through competition, not by attacking another coin when I could have instead offered a fix.

I urge the monero developers to stop jumping to conclusions until smooth and I have fully vetted my ideas on the anonymity attack. Assuming smooth and jl777/zoidberg still want to continue?

I am obviously a person driven by deep emotional commitment to the things I work on. Thus I should not participate in a public forum, nor deal with multiple personalities. Or I need to understand this is just a bunch of "boys will be boys" stuff and let it slide off my back.

I need to be better at ignoring what people say. It is not a habit that comes easy to me.

I prefer to build trusted relationships. I am zodiac Cancer.

My suggestion would be to just continue through PM/chat/etc. This forum is toxic.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 07:50:52 PM

Code:

Maybe it's personal.  (If only the Titanic had an icebreaker)

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 07:57:54 PM

If you want to offer assistance, it is welcome. If you don't want to help, don't. Either way we could do with a little less drama.

I rather fancy the idea of publishing the sender of (most) every ring signature on the block chain instead at a future date of my choosing.

I warned you don't fuck with me.

I will make sure BBR has the mitigation ready assuming they are still cooperative with me and they don't give my mitigation to XMR.

You are not dealing with BCX any more. You are dealing with me. Capice.

smooth, you get nothing but drama from TFM.  He's even worse than Phinnaeus.

I'd like to think the tough guy act was tongue in cheek, but fear we're dealing with a genuine crackpot.

Thankfully there are zero consequences to fucking with him.

I mocked AM's cornball conspiracy theories and numerological nuttery (Pi times 1000?  Really?) until he exploded in a supernova of pique.

Too bad he couldn't honor his Goodbye Cruel Forum promise to go away, even after dragging thermos into his pitiful snit.   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 07:59:04 PM

I, as an (atm ex-)Investor of Monero for the life of me can't understand how one can refuse to open an official forum.
and certainly not enough of a draw to attract new users. In case you haven't noticed, basically no one at all outside this community has ever even heard of Monero.

At least one you finally admitted why you will not migrate to your own forums and have multiple threads for discussing spamming about Monero.

This is what annoys everyone else including me, and it is why the trolls have come out against you. I was largely silent about Monero until you guys annoyed me past the point of biting my tongue. I am past the point of extreme annoyance and have joined in with the other trolls that were trolling long before I showed up.
black_jesus

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 08:00:02 PM

I don’t think there’s an exploit, at least not a “coin-killing” one.  But what if there is.  

BCX does not have to release his exploit to anyone.  He should not use it to needlessly harm others (like his planned 'attack'), and he should not sell it to someone who he knows would use it to needlessly harm others.  But he is under no obligation to give it away.  He can sell it to someone else (perhaps to fix their own flaw, but not to cause harm), publish it in the open, or he can sell it to the XMR devs.  Members of the community can fund this.  

The way BCX has gone about this whole fiasco so far, however, means that few people trust him.  I sure as hell don’t.  That is why BCX should show his exploit to a respected, trusted third party (or more than one), under the condition that they will keep it confidential.  Those third parties can review the exploit, and inform the XMR devs of its legitimacy and severity.  They may even recommend a reasonable price to pay in exchange for BCX detailing the exploit to the devs so that it can be fixed.  

The devs rightfully do not believe BCX because he refuses to disclose anything about his exploit to them.  BCX may not have to share it with them for free, but what he is doing now makes no sense.  No one benefits.

Of course, he could just be making the whole thing up, exaggerating, or who knows what.  

But if it’s real, do the right thing, and make a few bucks while you’re at it.  Maintain your reputation.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 08:02:34 PM

I, as an (atm ex-)Investor of Monero for the life of me can't understand how one can refuse to open an official forum.
and certainly not enough of a draw to attract new users. In case you haven't noticed, basically no one at all outside this community has ever even heard of Monero.

At least one you finally admitted why you will not migrate to your own servers and have multiple threads for discussing spamming about Monero.

"Admitted?"

As if there is something wrong with participating in a popular cryptocurrency forum in order discuss...wow a cryptocurrency!

Also, if you don't like multiple threads, lobby the administrators of the forum to create a one-topic-per-coin rule. The legitimate Monero threads are not spam, they discuss substantively different topics, such as speculation, mining, etc. Expecting people interested in trading Monero derivatives and people optimizing a GPU rig to share the same thread is rather absurd.

The troll threads are spam, of course. You have only your troll comrades to blame for those.

This is what annoys everyone else including me, and it is why the trolls have come out against you. I was largely silent about Monero until you guys annoyed me past the point of biting my tongue.

I call bullshit (yes I stole that from gmaxwell)
ajaxgeorge

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 08:05:21 PM

Code:

Maybe it's personal.  (If only the Titanic had an icebreaker)

which pool?
CryptoPiero

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 08:07:27 PM

No one benefits.

BCX is the type that lives on ego boosts, and this one will be a massive one for him ! Why the heck would he bet 500 BTC ??
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 08:07:34 PM

At least one you finally admitted why you will not migrate to your own servers and have multiple threads for discussing spamming about Monero.

"Admitted?"

As if there is something wrong with participating in a popular cryptocurrency forum in order discuss...wow a cryptocurrency!

Also, if you don't like multiple threads, lobby the administrators of the forum to create a one-topic-per-coin rule. The legitimate Monero threads are not spam, they discuss substantively different topics, such as speculation, mining, etc. Expecting people interested in trading Monero derivatives and people optimizing a GPU rig to share the same thread is rather absurd.

The troll threads are spam, of course. You have only your troll comrades to blame for those.

This is what annoys everyone else including me, and it is why the trolls have come out against you. I was largely silent about Monero until you guys annoyed me past the point of biting my tongue.

I call bullshit (yes I stole that from gmaxwell)

It is a slimy marketing tactic.. Most other coins do not stoop to this level, at least not officially, but the developers and largest supporters are fully supportive of this slimy marketing tactic. Coins with a fraction of the community, life span, and market cap of Monero have their own forums... It is no excuse.

At least you finally admitted not having your own forums is a form of advertising.... I feel better now since you guys have denied that since I brought it up like I was some kind of idiotic lunatic.
black_jesus

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 08:11:02 PM

No one benefits.

BCX is the type that lives on ego boosts, and this one will be a massive one for him ! Why the heck would he bet 500 BTC ??

Regardless, I'd like to think he wants to do the right thing.  I made what I thought is a reasonable compromise.  I'm open to suggestions.
Unbelive

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 08:13:10 PM

I am not sure should i buy Moneros now when are cheap or wait till Tuesday?

digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 08:16:46 PM

No one can really tell you how to be rich. Money is scarce
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 08:17:47 PM

I was hoping our community would be stronger so I would have said buy now, however...

...it seems I am completely wrong! Our community is so scared and there are many dumpers, I am certain the price with further erode leading up till the time of BCX.

Wait until BCX is about to 'attack', I'm sure these will be the cheapest Moneros you'll ever get (unless Monero is actually destroyed)
Ultros

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 08:18:12 PM

It is not my preference to attack any coin. Tearing things down is not what I do. I build things. If ever I defeat any coin, I want it to be through competition, not by attacking another coin when I could have instead offered a fix.

I urge the monero developers to stop jumping to conclusions until smooth and I have fully vetted my ideas on the anonymity attack. Assuming smooth and jl777/zoidberg still want to continue?

I am obviously a person driven by deep emotional commitment to the things I work on. Thus I should not participate in a public forum, nor deal with multiple personalities. Or I need to understand this is just a bunch of "boys will be boys" stuff and let it slide off my back.

I need to be better at ignoring what people say. It is not a habit that comes easy to me.

I prefer to build trusted relationships. I am zodiac Cancer.

My suggestion would be to just continue through PM/chat/etc. This forum is toxic.

Voice of reason. I'm eased to see you guys sorted this out.

You are both honest and competent people but you can't possibly avoid being infected by the aggressiveness which is being thrown by tankers on this place, especially if you're stressed, tired, and in a rush. The audience always make things excessive and emotionally tense. That's a perfect combo to become overly paranoid and defensive.

I'd suggest that, in such a special occasion, you do just like Risto and release some sort of official announcement once in a while instead of debunking every single troll-post that pop every 10 seconds. That will be easier to read and way more easy for you to manage psychologically. You spent months debunking every possible argument and accusations already. Now trolls are just endlessly repeating themselves.
Unbelive

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 08:28:48 PM

No one can really tell you how to be rich. Money is scarce

True possessing money is huge responsibility.

TheFascistMind

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 08:29:49 PM

I mocked AM's cornball conspiracy theories and numerological nuttery (Pi times 1000?  Really?) until he exploded in a supernova of pique.

Please define a metric by which we can measure if I was correct or not.

Which of Armstrong's predictions will not come true?

Just pick one (or two or three if you prefer) and I will tell you if I agree. Then I will hold your feet to the fire when it comes true.

Too bad he couldn't honor his Goodbye Cruel Forum promise to go away, even after dragging thermos into his pitiful snit.   Cheesy

What are your contributions to crypto-currency?

I suggest we compare accomplishments 6 months from now. Mine will dwarf yours by two orders of magnitude at least.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 08:40:03 PM

Too bad he couldn't honor his Goodbye Cruel Forum promise to go away, even after dragging thermos into his pitiful snit.   Cheesy

You're talking to an A grade B grade troll.

Mine will dwarf yours by two orders of magnitude at least.

I'm sure you don't have the power of clairvoyant, so this statement is impossible, changing "will" to "will most likely" makes the statement possible.

Your accomplishments may very well be that much greater than any accomplishment iCEBREAKER achieves, however you could also get hit by a car or stabbed inside your own home by a burglar before realising your grand plan.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 08:42:41 PM

I mocked AM's cornball conspiracy theories and numerological nuttery (Pi times 1000?  Really?) until he exploded in a supernova of pique.

Please define a metric by which we can measure if I was correct or not.

Which of Armstrong's predictions will not come true?

Just pick one (or two or three if you prefer) and I will tell you if I agree. Then I will hold your feet to the fire when it comes true.

I suggest we compare accomplishments 6 months from now. Mine will dwarf yours by two orders of magnitude at least.

I look forward to the launch of your Bitcoin killer.  Even though doomed to fail, it will be good for some laughs and drama.

Here are three incorrect Martin Armstrong predictions:

"Nothing will go wrong when I bilk these Japanese investors."
"I won't get caught defrauding them either."
"Representing myself in court will be a good idea."

Why am I not surprised you also believe in astrology? 

Now go check your horoscope, and call Miss Cleo at the Psychic Hotline.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: