Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:47:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 165491 times)
Kuriso

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 09:38:16 PM

Just a heads up

http://itsalmo.st/#timetokillxmr

This is a rough estimate of a pending attack.  It is not an exact countdown to the exact second he pulls the trigger.
If he 'pulls the trigger' at all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 09:47:37 PM

It is possible that he has an accomplice that is the brains behind the operation and BCX has the means.

well it was weird how he announced it.  that's how i know he isn't bluffing

he said "i'm not gonna attack twice" then he changed his mind.   Grin

wanna know what dat means?  he knows he can do it - he looked deeper and figured out then decided to Kiss

i still say it's timewarp or 51 ... not decrypting (lol) ring sigs and stealing wallets (rofl)

I think that the devs very well understand the threat, the problem, the risk... and the solution.
But do they have the time...?

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
robinwilliams

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 09:55:31 PM

It is possible that he has an accomplice that is the brains behind the operation and BCX has the means.

wanna know what dat means?  he knows he can do it - he looked deeper and figured out then decided to Kiss

i still say it's timewarp or 51 ... not decrypting (lol) ring sigs and stealing wallets (rofl)

I think that the devs very well understand the threat, the problem, the risk... and the solution.

what do they need time for?  don't they just need hashpower?
arnuschky

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:05:01 PM

Damn, coming late to the party.  Tongue
Missed the beginning - where did BCX actually make this mythic thread?

BTW, the "confirmation" of TFM seems rather questionable.
robinwilliams

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:06:24 PM

his first threat was on poloniex trollbox i hear and he posted here to confirm his identity.

then this - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789978.msg8909768#msg8909768
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 10:14:14 PM

you must have missed: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789978.msg8924866#msg8924866

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
robinwilliams

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:15:11 PM

you must have missed: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789978.msg8924866#msg8924866

uhhhh ya but bcx has not backed off.  he's killing monero
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:27:41 PM

Conformation of what?  BCX says he can steal wallets.  The post you linked says TFM has found something which and I quote "In effect this is a potential compromise to "untracability" in cryptonote".

How does this confirm that wallets can be stolen?

Also this comes way after the tread was started with it's misleading title.
TinEye

Activity: 639

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:28:34 PM

If he can, he is all hot air.

This is all being done just to manipulate price. The attack will fail and then they will all claim how great Monero is and pump it up.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
robinwilliams

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:32:13 PM

If he can, he is all hot air.

This is all being done just to manipulate price. The attack will fail and then they will all claim how great Monero is and pump it up.

who's they?  bcx and rptellia are on the same page? 

maybe this is rpetillais way of fighting jl777's pump of boolberry with the supernet

rofl!  probably so!  Risto paid off BCX!!!
argentinx

Activity: 109

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:32:55 PM

I hope that BCX does nothing
because the first thing you will do after
the attack
is to report to the FBI
the situation
because remember that the coin on its wallett
are money
so it's a robbery
then they will require ip from bitcointalk
and poloniex
also examine his whole account of bitcointalk to find
all this hoping that BCX not find it before any investor in Monero
who has lost a lot of money
and that does not kill him with a gun
This can also happen
think about it

ps
sorry but I'm not English
I'm using google translator
TinEye

Activity: 639

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:36:51 PM

I hope that BCX does nothing
because the first thing you will do after
the attack
is to report to the FBI
the situation
because remember that the coin on its wallett
are money
so it's a robbery
then they will require ip from bitcointalk
and poloniex
also examine his whole account of bitcointalk to find
all this hoping that BCX not find it before any investor in Monero
who has lost a lot of money
and that does not kill him with a gun
This can also happen
think about it

ps
sorry but I'm not English
I'm using google translator

Yes, he is so dumb as to be using his own personal IP without anything in between whatsoever Roll Eyes

Where do these turn up from?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 10:45:48 PM

wanna know what dat means?  he knows he can do it - he looked deeper and figured out then decided to Kiss

what do they need time for?  don't they just need hashpower?

Hashpower is very very helpful, but I understand they also have something more in mind.
Something new.  
Something that may end this sort of TW threat for all nascent coins, forever, if they follow XMR's lead on it.
I don't want to say much about it yet as it is still in review, and discussion on feasibility.
Occasionally necessity is the mother of invention after all... when he father is dedicated brilliance.

If this comes to fruition, I may end up thanking BCX for this game, once all is said and done.
It has led me to look at things in a different way, and maybe there is a solution to a problem that has plagued crypto since 2011.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:12:52 PM

wanna know what dat means?  he knows he can do it - he looked deeper and figured out then decided to Kiss

what do they need time for?  don't they just need hashpower?

Hashpower is very very helpful, but I understand they also have something more in mind.
Something new.  
Something that may end this sort of TW threat for all nascent coins, forever, if they follow XMR's lead on it.
I don't want to say much about it yet as it is still in review, and discussion on feasibility.
Occasionally necessity is the mother of invention after all... when he father is dedicated brilliance.

If this comes to fruition, I may end up thanking BCX for this game, once all is said and done.
It has led me to look at things in a different way, and maybe there is a solution to a problem that has plagued crypto since 2011.

Can you elaborate a bit more?

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
argentinx

Activity: 109

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:14:28 PM

TinEye
the fbi is not stupid
mine was just an example
I tell you what I think
you can do
but keep in mind that BCX is registered on the forum for three years
do not think that has always protected his ip
also analyzing all its post 900
even a person who is not the fbi
but if you really want to find him
you can tell by what he wrote what he did
in the past three years and in which site is registered
etc. etc.
There are ways to find him
5w00p

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:44:06 PM

argentinx,
don't worry about these fools who think everything that happens in crypto is beyond the reach of authorities.
anything and everything that happens online is traceable to someone somewhere, given that the authorities want to expend the resources required to trace it.
and you are 100% correct about his identity being traceable, since he has been so active on these forums and elsewhere for years.

which is yet another reason why i think he is full of it about this whole fiasco.

as far as XMR goes, even its supposed untraceability is being questioned, due to the linkability of transactions.
i am hopeful that these issues will be worked out, but i am not naive enough to believe that i can remain guy fawkes with my money just yet, nor do i do anything online or elsewhere that violates laws.
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:47:23 PM

I hope that BCX does nothing because the first thing you will do after the attack
is to report to the FBI the situation because remember that the coin on its wallett
are money so it's a robbery

You mean, something like this:

Dear FBI:

We are a community who is developing Monero, a cryptocoin that will (a) make it impossible for someone to steal someone else's  money, and (b) make it impossible for you or anyone else to identify the source or destination af any payment, even if it is not connected to criminal or terrorist activity.

The coin is not yet fully developed and tested, but some of us are already using it as currency and investment, even though it is not registered or regulated in any way by the US government.

Recently, an anonymous user known by the aliases "BitcoinExpress" or "BCX" claimed to have found a flaw in our design.  Someone, who could be him or not, perhaps exploiting that flaw or not, apparently caused somehow some of the coins to be moved from some addresses that we claim to be ours to some addresses that we cannot identify.  He or them also exposed the identities of some monero users. 

We ask you to track down the person(s) responsible and prosecute him or them fro theft and other applicable cybercrimes.  We count on your help to ensure that we can continue the development and use of Monero without fear that he or them may find another flaw in the future.

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
vuduchyld

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:51:56 PM

Ha! I'm hodling through it all and even I thought that was pretty damn good!
Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:04:38 AM

The ultimate 'stress' test ..

Since un-exploitable anonymity is the goal for XMR and
the other contenders/pretenders in this space;
I'm actually glad that BCX is undertaking this adventure ..
Frankly all 'anon' coins should at some point in their development
be required to offer a 'bounty' to those willing and able to test their claims of anonymity ..   

Triff ..

cryptoknightt

Activity: 1189
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:08:00 AM

I think it is impressive how monero is holding up.

I know some people wish no one would believe BCX, but people in crypto get easily spooked

So overall, if it doesn't go down too much more, I think as a whole the community did as good as you could ask

BCX HAS killed numerous coins, and AM saying it is real is a rather scary thing, but most are holding so far, congrats
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: