Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:14:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 165493 times)
black_jesus

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:59:03 AM

Now its time to make sure this piece of shit get banned after OCT12

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=815678.new#new

Nobody is getting banned LOL

You remind of the poster LTEX from Auroracoin, posting the same things in complete denial a few months back.

Go back three years and you even sound like ViperJBM from 2011 in Solidcoin

Or maybe a couple of those TRC bastards from a couple of years ago,

Every coin has a Nekomata and it always ends the same way.

Them eating every bravado post they made in reference to me.

You'll be no different.

~BCX~

Why do you refuse to respond to the dev team showing all your demands have been met, and instead focus on non dev-team members comment towards or about you?

He'll never directly answer questions like this, because he has no real answer.  His vague post just earlier is a perfect example.  He mentioned a request that he made that was ignored.  He failed to identify what the request was, who it was directed to, and who ignored it.  And guess what, he won't do it.  

As I've said before, I have no idea whether he can or will launch any sort of attack (or whether there is one in progress).  But I can tell you that his threats, all of them, are vague.  And he either ignores serious questions, or addresses them in a non-responsive way.  My hunch is that this is deliberate ... it gives him an out.  Whatever happens, or doesn't happen, he can use utilize the fact that he hasn't really threatened anything, or requested anything, or said anything, as cover.  He'll point to X, Y, or Z prior statement of his, and claim that he was being consistent all along, and that everyone else was too stupid to understand.  

And he's right about one thing, he shouldn't be banned, and won't be banned for any of this.  No one has to listen to him.  No one.  

I've said this before as well, but if he does know of an exploit, I am quite certain that the devs would love to hear from him, and work with him to see if it can be resolved.  Assuming he knows something, and that is a huge assumption at this point, he's acted very irresponsibly so far.  And if he does something criminal, he will, with near-certainty, face consequences.

Finally, he's lost any moral high ground he may have had.  Arguably, his obsession with AUR, whether or not he was behind the TW attack, was justified based on the fact that AUR had all the hallmarks of a scam.  That justification is absent with XMR.  

We'll find out soon enough, but if I were a betting man, and I certainly am a speculator on XMR if that counts, I would be (and am) betting against BCX launching any sort of serious attack on XMR.

And since he likes to set up puzzles and make you read into what he says rather than ever give a direct answer, I'd look closely at his other recent post, where he admitted that there is some "bull shit," and referred to his own actions as something that may or may not happen.  Like everything else he says, this is open to a myriad of interpretations.  But if there is no attack, or there is a minor, non-coin killing attack, he'll need some kind of out in order to save face and reputation, and if you look at his posts carefully, it's all set up pretty nicely.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinEXpress (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:09:16 AM

He failed to identify what the request was, who it was directed to, and who ignored it.  And guess what, he won't do it.  

Maybe because I have the secret feature called "PM" and it wasn't directed to you?

Just a guess.

~BCX~
black_jesus

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:15:18 AM

He failed to identify what the request was, who it was directed to, and who ignored it.  And guess what, he won't do it.  

Maybe because I have the secret feature called "PM" and it wasn't directed to you?

Just a guess.

~BCX~

Your answer is non-responsive.  If you had made your request publicly, it would be trivial to find it.

But you referenced your purported PM publicly, and as I said, you failed to identify what the request was, who it was directed to, and who ignored it.

And you refuse to do so.  Why?
BitcoinDN.com

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:17:08 AM

Just a guess.

~BCX~

Are you talking about the PM we shared? In that case, I'll refer you to a statement made by fluffy to me:

"also, how can we publicly admit something exists when we don’t have any details :-P"

What do you want, really, BCX? Is it love, a women? Perhaps social acceptance? Something is missing for you to continuously act in such a way. I am happy to help you if it is companionship, but it seems you are a lone wolf. What can we do to make you happy?
robinwilliams

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:19:45 AM

Just a guess.

~BCX~

Are you talking about the PM we shared? In that case, I'll refer you to a statement made by fluffy to me:

"also, how can we publicly admit something exists when we don’t have any details :-P"

What do you want, really, BCX? Is it love, a women? Perhaps social acceptance? Something is missing for you to continuously act in such a way. I am happy to help you if it is companionship, but it seems you are a lone wolf. What can we do to make you happy?

A serious offer to buy a troll off with a woman?  Oh dear ..
TheFascistMind

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:27:39 AM

But please allow me to point out an egregious flaw in your logic. Satoshi was mining when no one else was, so he got 100,000s of coins using only a few PCs to mine with. That is equivalent to a premine.

I don't consider it equivalent because when he was doing it Bitcoin was worth exactly zero, and its immediate prospects for ever being worth anything were remote. It was huge gamble to even bother paying for the equivalent, setting it up (my recollection is that his setup was speculated to be more than a few PCs), keep it going, pay for electricity, etc.

That doesn't change the fact that he took a premine.

I understand your point is that BTC was not immediately exchangeable for value and there was no prior market indication that it would be in the future.

But any developer who doesn't believe in his project's value, wouldn't invest his life in his basement coding it in the first place.

The more salient issue is to fix Bitcoin's flaws requires more capital than Satoshi had, i.e. your project needs to be very refined early so you need to pay bounties to experts. A one man project isn't possible any more (Satoshi was one of two men on the project while he was premining). Thus the value of a premine is aligned with the increased requirements.

The danger of a premine is that it puts all the voting power for that capital in the hands of the founding developer (unless the private keys were given to a foundation). But I am of the very strong opinion that funding raised by consensus is groupthink! Most world changing open source projects were run by Benevolent Dictators. Perhaps Mozilla is a slight exception, but Chrome readily kicked its butt with innovation (Mozilla is catching up a bit lately).

All ye who want to wear J.E.W. titles and "design"wreck a coin by committee, please go far away from anything I do as you can. Don't walk away, please run or never come in proximity in the first place.

It is possible he "borrowed" resources from an academic lab or something, but still it took time to set it up. It literally took years before the coins could be monetized at all, even to buy pizzas.

Which gave him time to develop it as basically one man and premine it. Now we don't have that luxury. Launch a half-assed coin and it could DDoSed or otherwise attacked, etc..

Today, the situation is different. Pretty much any coin can expect to be listed on some exchanges relatively quickly (some right from the start) and have a clearly established and monetizable value, making easy for a pump-and-dumper to make a few big announcements and cash out, with no real intention to use the money to develop the coin. In fact businesses exist that do this on an industrial scale. Thus the entire model is horribly tainted by the market for lemons problem.

One solution to that is down play the announcement, even try to hide the announcement as best you can. But then people will accuse you of mining your own coin during that period.

Bottom line is if you are creating something of great value and that is very clear with your white papers and technical acumen, and you keep your mouth shut otherwise, then there are astute members of BTT who know what time it is. And they deserve the big prize because they won't let a measily 1% premine get in the way of making a fortune.

The other problem is that even with the above (or perhaps because of it), the amount you can cash out even with a premine is pretty small. Zoidberg said he is getting about 750 USD per month from his deferred premine, and that is after the price of BBR has been pumped. Before recent development it might have been 100 USD per month or something (not sure of the exact numbers).

He could have done a non-deferred premine instead. Assuming the liquidity to cash that out at current prices existed (which it doesn't), he could only raise about 27K USD that way. Hardly enough to fund a project. Even increasing his premine from 1% to 10% would only be 270K USD, with vastly greater liquidity issues, and still not really enough to soundly such fund a project.

Exactly. If your coin doesn't go big, then the premine isn't that big of scam any way. And if it does go big, then it wasn't scam.

One can argue that a premine motivates the developer to pump it up, then cash out and run away. But this can clearly be ascertained by studying the project. It is quite clear which developers are dead serious about changing the world and who won't sell most of their coins until they are worth $10,000+.

So as far as I can tell premines are a magnet for pump-and-dump scams and don't work very well for funding legitimate projects anyway. A better approach is needed.

Funding by consensus is utter shit in my opinion.

There is nothing wrong with a premine, it is only the intentions and qualities of the founding developer that make the difference.

Without a premine, only a rich developer can buy and mine his own coins. So only rich people should create coins?
robinwilliams

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:33:07 AM

So only rich people should create coins?

Those under financial duress should not make coins.  If they plan on making money early off the project the will likely have to compromise their integrity to make the coin a net positive income stream.

If they cannot create the net positive income stream the project dies as the primary developer looks elsewhere for his bread.
TheFascistMind

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:34:44 AM

So only rich people should create coins?

Those under financial duress should not make coins.  If they plan on making money early off the project the will likely have to compromise their integrity to make the coin a net positive income stream.

There is a difference between financial duress and not being rich.

Some people can live off of $500 a month (e.g. I rent two houses $85 and $120 per month each).

Even I have still have on the order of $50,000 in savings from my original 18,000oz of silver in 2007.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:35:11 AM

You remind of the poster LTEX from Auroracoin, posting the same things in complete denial a few months back.

You'll be no different.

~BCX~

Oh you mean like how you "attacked" litecoin in 2012?

and even you said it clearly you would attack LTC just to ...not attack LTC because you couldn't. lol

Don't make us laugh buddy.  Grin Grin Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

robinwilliams

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:37:15 AM

Ahhh the smoothie/bcx bromance.  You guys need to get a room and she'd this sexual tension
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:37:41 AM

There is nothing wrong with a premine, it is only the intentions and qualities of the founding developer that make the difference.

Without a premine, only a rich developer can buy and mine his own coins. So only rich people should create coins?

I'm not making a moral judgement just an observation of the pragmatics of it.

You simply can't extract enough money very quickly to cover the capital costs of a significant project. You can extract enough money to make a pump-and-dump worthwhile, especially if you streamline and industrialize the process to minimize costs, as some have done. Or at least you could six months ago. The market may be sorting that out, but not in a way that helps legitimate developers.

You can premine and hold with a low profile as you say, but that doesn't help support yourself during the development period. So if you aren't at least rich enough to support yourself, your team, and whatever other costs the project may incur, or you haven't raised capital from someone who is rich enough to sponsor it, you are pretty screwed.

But as you say, it is all relative. If you can live on 500 USD/month then Zoidberg's 750 USD/month is just fine (as long as other costs don't exceed 250 USD/month of course). That limits the potential participants though.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:41:32 AM

You'll be no different.

~BCX~

Why do you refuse to respond to the dev team showing all your demands have been met, and instead focus on non dev-team members comment towards or about you?

He'll never directly answer questions like this, because he has no real answer.  His vague post just earlier is a perfect example.  He mentioned a request that he made that was ignored.  He failed to identify what the request was, who it was directed to, and who ignored it.  And guess what, he won't do it.  

As I've said before, I have no idea whether he can or will launch any sort of attack (or whether there is one in progress).  But I can tell you that his threats, all of them, are vague.  And he either ignores serious questions, or addresses them in a non-responsive way.  My hunch is that this is deliberate ... it gives him an out.  Whatever happens, or doesn't happen, he can use utilize the fact that he hasn't really threatened anything, or requested anything, or said anything, as cover.  He'll point to X, Y, or Z prior statement of his, and claim that he was being consistent all along, and that everyone else was too stupid to understand.  

And he's right about one thing, he shouldn't be banned, and won't be banned for any of this.  No one has to listen to him.  No one.  

I've said this before as well, but if he does know of an exploit, I am quite certain that the devs would love to hear from him, and work with him to see if it can be resolved.  Assuming he knows something, and that is a huge assumption at this point, he's acted very irresponsibly so far.  And if he does something criminal, he will, with near-certainty, face consequences.

Finally, he's lost any moral high ground he may have had.  Arguably, his obsession with AUR, whether or not he was behind the TW attack, was justified based on the fact that AUR had all the hallmarks of a scam.  That justification is absent with XMR.  

We'll find out soon enough, but if I were a betting man, and I certainly am a speculator on XMR if that counts, I would be (and am) betting against BCX launching any sort of serious attack on XMR.

And since he likes to set up puzzles and make you read into what he says rather than ever give a direct answer, I'd look closely at his other recent post, where he admitted that there is some "bull shit," and referred to his own actions as something that may or may not happen.  Like everything else he says, this is open to a myriad of interpretations.  But if there is no attack, or there is a minor, non-coin killing attack, he'll need some kind of out in order to save face and reputation, and if you look at his posts carefully, it's all set up pretty nicely.

This ^.

As he did in 2012 when "attacking" Litecoin. He made it very clear he was going to be attacking Litecoin...just to back track to a PM he sent Coblee where he told Coblee he wouldn't really attack Litecoin...

Even Coblee said he couldn't really decipher if BCX would attack or not or if his PM was a lie or not.

BackpedalEXpress should be his username.  Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

BitcoinEXpress (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:44:14 AM

and even you said it clearly you would attack LTC just to ...not attack LTC because you couldn't. lol

I didn't attack Litecoin, never intended to.

It was a rouse to bring more hash into Litecoin which worked beautifully I might add.

Let's not forget Coblee the creator of Litecoin new in advance and played right along with his "check points".

Old news, really.

~BCX~
TheFascistMind

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:47:59 AM

I'm not making a moral judgement just an observation of the pragmatics of it.

You simply can't extract enough money very quickly to cover the capital costs of a significant project.

Disagree. You don't pay bounty coins to any developer who is valuing them at their exchange value (you could even have a feature to lock the coins for some months so they can't be spent), rather at their future value. Coins should be very unprofitable to mine (while driving the hashrate through the roof) and the liquidity on the exchanges should be insufficient to gain whale size (sorry risto). There is a designed way to prevent people from wanting to sell their coins at low prices. Thus the only way you get coins in size is via bounties. Also that should very quickly drive the price through the roof too so the coins will be highly valued based on the intense slope of the price chart and the insufficient volume on the exchanges to satisfy all the whales. Over time the volume on the exchanges will increase as the price also does.

When I wrote "holistic design", I really meant it.

You can extract enough money to make a pump-and-dump worthwhile, especially if you streamline and industrialize the process to minimize costs, as some have done. Or at least you could six months ago. The market may be sorting that out, but not in a way that helps legitimate developers.

It should be quite clear to astute observers which coins are on such a trajectory.

You can premine and hold with a low profile as you say, but that doesn't help support yourself during the development period. So if you aren't at least rich enough to support yourself, your team, and whatever other costs the project may incur, or you haven't raised capital from someone who is rich enough to sponsor it, you are pretty screwed.

But as you say, it is all relative. If you can live on 500 USD/month then Zoidberg's 750 USD/month is just fine (as long as other costs don't exceed 250 USD/month of course). That limits the potential participants though.

The developer isn't doing it for near-term income. Any developer with that mindset isn't going to accomplish anything. Which is why Zoid's post was so devastating to the BBR price. He showed lack of confidence in the future price of BBR and then talked about new investments which sounds like moving on to other things or not being firmly commitment. Of course the investments could mean new features for BBR but he didn't clarify.
black_jesus

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:49:35 AM

It was a rouse to bring more hash into Litecoin which worked beautifully I might add.

Let's not forget Coblee the creator of Litecoin new in advance and played right along with his "check points".

Old news, really.

~BCX~

If people can't see what's going on by now...
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:51:09 AM

The developer isn't doing it for near-term income.

That's perfectly fine, I have no disagreement whatsoever. However, you are saying that only (at least relatively) rich people can develop coins, or they have to work for rich people who cover their living expenses. Because most non-rich people have to support themselves somehow.

It should be quite clear to astute observers which coins are on such a [pump-and-dump] trajectory.

Maybe. One part of industrializing the process means getting better at selling it (if only because competitive pressure means the better scammers survive, but also learning and economies of scale). This happens in every speculative market -- over time scams get more professional and harder to identify.

This only matters if you are trying to sell your coins early to pay for project and/or living expenses. If you try to do that, you look like a scam, and the market won't reward you (unless you can time machine yourself back to late 2013). If you don't, the you are stuck with the rich people problem.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:51:33 AM

Old news, really.

~BCX~

Of course you will say that now. Even coblee has admitted publicly that he didn't know if you were serious or not. So hence his LTC checkpoints he put in place back then.

Try harder to justify your backpedaling. You almost forgot this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=96174.0

I encourage other to read it as this was BCX trying to get focus off of his failed "attack" on Litecoin.

It is all there for you to see. Shortly after that BCX deleted a bunch of topics including the original one linked and then went away from the forums for months.

I wonder why...lol

Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

TheFascistMind

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:53:39 AM

The developer isn't doing it for near-term income.

That's perfectly fine, I have no disagreement whatsoever. However, you are saying that only (at leasts relatively) rich people can develop coins, or they have to work for rich people who cover their living expenses. Because most non-rich people have to support themselves somehow.

I don't define the savings to pay rudimentary living expenses for a year as rich. I define that as not irresponsible. The problem in the world today is everyone lives in debt.

Also young guys shouldn't be burdening themselves with a wife and kids too early if they want to change the world. Make your mark on the world first.

If my only responsibilities were myself and I didn't have symptoms of neurological decline, I'd be hunky-dory. But I do have those other two financial risks that can blow up in my face at any time.
TheFascistMind

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:01:29 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2014, 05:48:35 AM by TheFascistMind

It should be quite clear to astute observers which coins are on such a [pump-and-dump] trajectory.

Maybe. One part of industrializing the process means getting better at selling it (if only because competitive pressure means the better scammers survive, but also learning and economies of scale). This happens in every speculative market -- over time scams get more professional and harder to identify.

Yeah Auroracoin which BCX identified as a clever scam (holding the 80% premine on behalf of the citizens of Iceland) and helped kill.

This only matters if you are trying to sell your coins early to pay for project and/or living expenses. If you try to do that, you look like a scam, and the market won't reward you (unless you can time machine yourself back to late 2013). If you don't, the you are stuck with the rich people problem.

Unless of course your target market is not BTT, so you don't give a fuck what they think. Let the astute ones join the ride if they want. And your target market aren't investors, so they don't even think of that.
TheFascistMind

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:06:01 AM

Just a guess.

~BCX~

I will take a wild guess. I had pondered in the past that BM had made some ultimatum in a PM.

He mentioned in one post that the distribution of mining power looked concentrated to him.

Apparently some people might have heavily mined XMR than others. Perhaps he is asking for better disclosure on who basically got a "premine". I realize this was raised by AnonyMint in the past and refuted. Just saying.
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: