Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:55:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: would you be interested in an next generation ASIC trade up program for your ModMiner Quad?
YES
NO

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: High Efficiency FPGA & ASIC Bitcoin Mining Devices https://BTCFPGA.com  (Read 218399 times)
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 01:49:39 AM

as a call center rep, i work from the privacy of my own home filing insurance claims for lost/stolen/damaged cell phones, i handle credit cards, complete with CVV numbers quite frequently.

so yea, people do all sorts with their credit cards over the phone.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
n4l3hp

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 09:07:36 AM

Tried ordering the Quad using Google Checkout but there was an error, transaction didn't went through.

Please email me - tom@btcfpga.com with your error

or you can call me at 315-514-0269 and I can process your credit/debit card over the phone and get the order confirmed right away

thank you

Well, after the failed transaction, I ended up ordering a BFL single. I wanted to try at least one anyway. And I already have 4 x6500 in transit.

I already spent some of the funds on large chipset coolers for the x6500s, ambient temp of my hobby room is about 38-41C during the day (I live in the Philippines) so I don't want the devices throttling while I'm away. Can't use AC 24/7, local electricity rate is about $0.24 so I leave the 1'x8' window open of one wall and use a couple of 1' exhaust fans on the opposite wall.

I ordered a backplane and 1 module for testing. This time the transaction went through. Yay! Grin I really like the modular design so might order more modules in the future if I'm satisfied (I hope the included HSF will be adequate).

The failed transaction yesterday was probably due to my bank's shitty online services. There are times when I check my balance online, the balance is quite different from what I know and sometimes all I see are last years transactions. The only good thing about this bank compared to other banks in our area is it doesn't charge any fees (except the currency conversion rates that Paypal use which is lower than the market rates) when I withdraw money from my Paypal account.
n4l3hp

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 09:19:14 AM

Hmmm... According to the order history of my account at BTCFPGA, I had no previous orders. Transactions list didn't show anything either.

The order was:

1 Backplane + 1 FPGA card (option) = $349.99

* I received the receipt of the purchase from google checkout. An amount of 16,864.64 pesos was debited from my bank account.
cablepair (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 01:48:39 PM

Hmmm... According to the order history of my account at BTCFPGA, I had no previous orders. Transactions list didn't show anything either.

The order was:

1 Backplane + 1 FPGA card (option) = $349.99

* I received the receipt of the purchase from google checkout. An amount of 16,864.64 pesos was debited from my bank account.

Yes I have received your order and it has been paid in Full and confirmed. The best way to check your order is via Google Checkout, Currently google checkout does not properly parse all of your account information back to the web site properly via the Call Back API and that is why you do not see anything there, this is not a problem with users who order with Bitcoin or Dwolla, however do not worry I have your order which is confirmed to be via Google Checkout and it is in queue to be shipped very soon.

If you order with Credit/Debit card you will need to check your order with Google Checkout or simply send an email to tom@btcfpga.com

Also just to note Google Checkout does extensive verification to prevent fraud so if you place a Big order expect them to call you or your bank (or both) to verify your order before it is confirmed. Providing the correct phone numbers and other information will also help expedite your order.

I know its a pain but unfortunately it is necessarily to have these types of checks when accepting a reversible payment method like Credit/Debit cards.

n4l3hp

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 02:49:23 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2012, 11:34:02 PM by n4l3hp

My only ways to pay are either Google Checkout or Paypal. Dwolla isn't available outside the US and I can't accumulate BTC fast enough.

I haven't used Google Checkout for big orders yet, I've only used it a few times. Most of my purchases online were done using Paypal. Good thing your product is modular so I don't have to worry about that. Smiley  In your experience, how large is the amount involved when they start verifying orders?

4 x6500 + 1 BFL Single + 1 Modminer card = 2.6GH/s

I hope I can double that by December after I sell my GPUs. My future FPGA purchases will probably be from you mainly because of the modular design, easier to expand the operations. What's the timeframe when your bigger backplane design will be available?

Edit: Must be too sleepy last night, wasn't thinking straight. I included my underclocked and undervolted GPUs in my calculation.  Smiley
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 03:17:10 PM

My only ways to pay are either Google Checkout or Paypal. Dwolla isn't available outside the US and I can't accumulate BTC fast enough.

I haven't used Google Checkout for big orders yet, I've only used it a few times. Most of my purchases online were done using Paypal. Good thing your product is modular so I don't have to worry about that. Smiley  In your experience, how large is the amount involved when they start verifying orders?

4 x6500 + 1 BFL Single + 1 Modminer card = 3.6GH/s

I hope I can double that by December after I sell my GPUs. My future FPGA purchases will probably be from you mainly because of the modular design, easier to expand the operations. What's the timeframe when your bigger backplane design will be available?

It looks like Google Checkout does the hardcore verification at $1000.00, however for customers who have a hard time with Google Checkout, I can accept Credit/Debit card payments manually over the phone via my merchant account with Intuit. (up to $5,000.00)

Although I hate paypal, I will accept it if necessary, (anyone interested in paying with paypal email tom@btcfpga.com)

As far as our 8 slot and 16 slot back planes this is something you will see in the coming months

thanks for your interest in the ModMiner Quad

cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2012, 02:21:25 PM

SHIPPING ANNOUNCEMENT 06/06/2012

We are planning a BIG shipment for Friday 06/08/2012

Please check your email Friday Afternoon for your USPS Priority Mail Tracking Number

Most US customers will begin receiving their units on Tuesday-Wednesday (and I encourage you to post pics and show them off!)

Thank you so much for your patience and being our customer you guys have all been awesome customers and it has been a pleasure to do business with all of you.

Things took a little bit longer than we expected because we decided to make some changes to our design including adding a small Fan (see below) to EACH Spartan-6 FPGA Chip for longer life and better cooling / performance, and we also made some changes to our original back plane to make room for the fans and also we made a big change in the interface chip, going from a FTDI/JTAG interface to a ARM chip, this is what is allowing us to be compatible with CGMINER - which many regard to be the best Mining software to date.

SOFTWARE ANNOUNCEMENT

I have hired one of the CGMINER Developers to make CGMINER compatible with the ModMiner Quad, he has been working on this for a few days now and is nearly to completion - the ModMiner Quad WILL be able to mine on CGMINER by the time the first customers receive their orders

NEW DESIGN INFO

A lot of people have been asking questions about the new back plane so I have included pics that should answer those questions.

NEW BACK PLANE

MOLEX POWER CONNECTOR

MINI USB CONNECTOR

COOLER FAN FOR EVERY SPARTAN-6 CHIP
filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 02:51:56 PM

I like the look of things, and I'm looking forward to recieving my board.

I certainly will be posting some images of the set up once recieved, also great news about cgminer working.

Phil

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2012, 05:10:24 PM

How long until that new bitstream to take the boards to over 1GH/s@50W be ready?

cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2012, 06:35:08 PM

How long until that new bitstream to take the boards to over 1GH/s@50W be ready?

That depends on E.T. and how soon he makes the bitstream available

dpifke

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 08:29:12 PM

For those of us whose order date is more than 4 weeks ago, how do we go about collecting our $100 since you didn't meet your guaranteed shipping time?  Do we need to email you or will you automatically send out refunds?

(FWIW, I totally understand that these things sometimes take longer than expected.  But since you made the guarantee...)

cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2012, 08:38:33 PM

For those of us whose order date is more than 4 weeks ago, how do we go about collecting our $100 since you didn't meet your guaranteed shipping time?  Do we need to email you or will you automatically send out refunds?

(FWIW, I totally understand that these things sometimes take longer than expected.  But since you made the guarantee...)

if you are in your fifth week since your order this makes you eligible for a 9% discount ( which is about $100 if you bought a mod miner quad)

Send an email to tom@btcfpga.com
dpifke

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 10:03:25 PM

if you are in your fifth week since your order this makes you eligible for a 9% discount ( which is about $100 if you bought a mod miner quad)

Send an email to tom@btcfpga.com

Will do; I appreciate you guys standing by your guarantee.  Can't wait to receive my ModMiner. Smiley

filharvey

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 08:50:58 PM

Please check your email Friday Afternoon for your USPS Priority Mail Tracking Number

Just me getting impatient. Are these still shipping today :-)

Phil

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2012, 09:28:53 PM

Just me getting impatient. Are these still shipping today :-)

Phil

Many people will receive a tracking number today , stay tuned I am working on this now Tongue
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2012, 11:37:05 PM

Many customers have received tracking numbers this evening

If you have not received a tracking number and believe you should have please wait until tomorrow as I will be sending out more tomorrow

I have spent a good amount of time filling out customs declarations paper work and need to quit for the evening

more shipments are going out in the morning so if you are not one of the people who received their tracking numbers please don't be discouraged I will be doing a batch of them in the morning

thanks
Tom
BTCFPGA.com

bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 11:58:35 PM

Many customers have received tracking numbers this evening

If you have not received a tracking number and believe you should have please wait until tomorrow as I will be sending out more tomorrow

I have spent a good amount of time filling out customs declarations paper work and need to quit for the evening

more shipments are going out in the morning so if you are not one of the people who received their tracking numbers please don't be discouraged I will be doing a batch of them in the morning

thanks
Tom
BTCFPGA.com

THIS is what good customer service looks like.

BFL listen and learn !

Thanks cablepair !
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 12:02:11 AM

thats nice of you to say Smiley

one of our goals and reasons why we think we are better than BFL is to provide excellent customer service as well as technical support

thank you
filharvey

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 02:29:53 AM

Waiting for tomorrow but yes continue with the updates and good customer service. If all goes well will be ordering more of u next week

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2012, 12:59:37 AM

More tracking shipments and tracking numbers today

if you did not receive one yet do not worry more to come on monday-tuesday

have a great weekend!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: