Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2017, 10:48:30 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 113 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BRK] Breakout Coin | Sale June 13 2016 | Multicurrencies | Smart Contracts  (Read 231269 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kodtycoon

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:19:59 PM

"This will mark the first time a real distributed consensus has been reached via Proof-of-Stake, thanks to Bergstake"

Can you prove why nxt does not reach consensus via pos in a purely distributed manner? Because the statement above is with out a doubt a false claim and therefore you are misleading investors. Please do your research before making such claims. It doesn't lhook good what so ever.

I hope this answers your question

http://fundraiser.breakoutgaming.com/the-coin/

Header "Proof-of-Bergstake / Proof-of-Work Hybrid to Solve Known Problems"

If you are still not satisfied, I will let Jay know...

actually it proves that the person who wrote it does not know how nxt works and he is working under the assumption that all proof of stake algorithms, if he knows there is more than one version, are the same, which does not instill confidence in his capabilities.

i suggest the dev read the part of the nxt white paper that explains forging and how blocks are generated.

it can be found here: https://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/Whitepaper:Nxt#Block_Creation_.28Forging.29.5Bsub:Block-Creation-.28Forging.29.5D

i also suggest that the false claims be removed from the OP immediately.

your dev should do his due diligence prior to making such bold claims about his coin. the total lack of research and lack of understanding of the crypto and more specifically the PoS space is not very impressive.

ps. im not trying to spread fud, but this type of thing should leave investors concerned. there are two out comes to this situation.. ether the dev is intentionally posting false claims to boost hype or he has not done any prior research in the area and in turn does not understand the PoS technology fully. not good.

"Pioneering a revolutionary novel consensus mechanism called proof of importance."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brother3

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:06:06 PM

Here's an article about breakout coin hope you guys enjoy it http://coin-network.com/breakout-gaming-and-breakout-coin-time-for-the-revolution/

Thanks very much!  Cheesy

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..BREAKOUT STAKE ..
  M U L T I C U R R E N C Y   S M A R T   C O N T R A C T S   +   S I D E C H A I N S
  A N N     |     W E B S I T E     |     T W I T T E R     |     G I T H U B    ★  C O I N S A L E   J U L Y  10  –  J U L Y  24  ★ 
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
jaybny

Activity: 391

Fantasybits - Proof-of-Skill

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 08:11:55 PM

"This will mark the first time a real distributed consensus has been reached via Proof-of-Stake, thanks to Bergstake"

Can you prove why nxt does not reach consensus via pos in a purely distributed manner? Because the statement above is with out a doubt a false claim and therefore you are misleading investors. Please do your research before making such claims. It doesn't lhook good what so ever.

I hope this answers your question

http://fundraiser.breakoutgaming.com/the-coin/

Header "Proof-of-Bergstake / Proof-of-Work Hybrid to Solve Known Problems"

If you are still not satisfied, I will let Jay know...

actually it proves that the person who wrote it does not know how nxt works and he is working under the assumption that all proof of stake algorithms, if he knows there is more than one version, are the same, which does not instill confidence in his capabilities.

i suggest the dev read the part of the nxt white paper that explains forging and how blocks are generated.

it can be found here: https://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/Whitepaper:Nxt#Block_Creation_.28Forging.29.5Bsub:Block-Creation-.28Forging.29.5D

i also suggest that the false claims be removed from the OP immediately.

your dev should do his due diligence prior to making such bold claims about his coin. the total lack of research and lack of understanding of the crypto and more specifically the PoS space is not very impressive.

ps. im not trying to spread fud, but this type of thing should leave investors concerned. there are two out comes to this situation.. ether the dev is intentionally posting false claims to boost hype or he has not done any prior research in the area and in turn does not understand the PoS technology fully. not good.

-- It is true that Nxt doesn't have the major problems of typical PoS coins, because it doesn't use coinage. Also Nxt is 100% pre-mined so there is no large block reward just some transaction fees, sometimes.  

-- I have read the Nxt white paper, a while ago, and have a simple question. When two accounts simultaneously sign the block at the same time, how is consensus reached?

-- I really don't want to get into a Nxt specific debate. For one, we use some on the same ideas from Nxt regarding block signer algorithm.

-- there are hundreds and hundreds on pages of debate as to whether Nxt is truly decentralized in its use of checkpoints.
https://nxtforum.org/general/how-does-nxt-fix-the-nothing-at-stake-problem/msg27570/#msg27570

-- There are good arguments on both side. But the Nxt "forging" algorithm has been updated multiple times to fix various problems.  

-- when Nxt first came out, its algo was flawed and it relied on checkpoints. can we agree on this?

If Nxt has fixed all these problems thats great, but this is not really the place to discuss if Nxt reached PoS consensus. What should be discussed is Bergstake, and its viability.

Fyi: Before coming up with Bergstake, I meticulously researched all the PoS white-papers, have deep understanding of PoS and its issues. Ive been watching and reading Nxt from the very early days, but not so much recently. It is entirely possible that Nxt and Bergstake both solved the problems. To me, Bergstake is much simpler and cleaner.

edit:
seems like the Nxt debate is still raging on:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=787100.0

edit:

and theres this:
https://download.wpsoftware.net/bitcoin/pos.pdf

BreakoutGaming

Activity: 246

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:27:40 PM

Here's an article about breakout coin hope you guys enjoy it http://coin-network.com/breakout-gaming-and-breakout-coin-time-for-the-revolution/

DailyModo,

Thank you for the tremendous article!!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████BREAKOUT STAKEWEBSITEMULTICURRENCY SMART CONTRACTS + SIDECHAINS ANN ★  COINSALE July 10 – July 24  ████
brother3

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:12:00 PM

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..BREAKOUT STAKE ..
  M U L T I C U R R E N C Y   S M A R T   C O N T R A C T S   +   S I D E C H A I N S
  A N N     |     W E B S I T E     |     T W I T T E R     |     G I T H U B    ★  C O I N S A L E   J U L Y  10  –  J U L Y  24  ★ 
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
kodtycoon

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:33:37 PM

-- It is true that Nxt doesn't have the major problems of typical PoS coins, because it doesn't use coinage. Also Nxt is 100% pre-mined so there is no large block reward just some transaction fees, sometimes.  

pre-mined is the wrong term as there is no mining in pos systems which you would obviously know. the fact you know the above mentioned should have been enough for you to refrain from making the claim i brought up.
-- I have read the Nxt white paper, a while ago, and have a simple question. When two accounts simultaneously sign the block at the same time, how is consensus reached?

it is impossible for two accounts to sign the same block when it is being forged.
-- I really don't want to get into a Nxt specific debate. For one, we use some on the same ideas from Nxt regarding block signer algorithm.

-- there are hundreds and hundreds on pages of debate as to whether Nxt is truly decentralized in its use of checkpoints.
https://nxtforum.org/general/how-does-nxt-fix-the-nothing-at-stake-problem/msg27570/#msg27570

nxt does not use centralised checkpoints, it uses rolling checkpoints that disallow any change to the block chain after 720 blocks or i think around 12 hours. once TF is implimented it will 10 blocks or ten mins. the nxt implementation of check points is a decentralised solution. the only people arguing that nxt is not decentralised are people who do not understand its implementation..

-- There are good arguments on both side. But the Nxt "forging" algorithm has been updated multiple times to fix various problems.  

-- when Nxt first came out, its algo was flawed and it relied on checkpoints. can we agree on this?
yes when it first came out, it did use a flawed algo but that was fixed a very very long time ago. the fact that it used to be flawed and now has been fixed should not be used as an argument to justify false claims.

If Nxt has fixed all these problems thats great, but this is not really the place to discuss if Nxt reached PoS consensus. What should be discussed is Bergstake, and its viability.
i agree, but im not educated enough on other implementations of PoS to put forward an argument about any other pos coin. thats why i used nxt for my argument against your claim that BRO is the only PoS coin that can reach distributed consensus.

Fyi: Before coming up with Bergstake, I meticulously researched all the PoS white-papers, have deep understanding of PoS and its issues. Ive been watching and reading Nxt from the very early days, but not so much recently. It is entirely possible that Nxt and Bergstake both solved the problems. To me, Bergstake is much simpler and cleaner.
you could very well be correct that bergstake is a more elegant/simple solution but that still does not justify the claim that BRO is the only coin that can reach consensus in an entirely distributed manner. also if you researched, and understood, all the PoS white papers you should know that the claim made is a false claim.

edit:
seems like the Nxt debate is still raging on:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=787100.0

iv followed that thread for a while and every single argument that nxt is centralised or flawed in any way has ether been proven false or is impossible to prove ie. nothing to do with the underlying technology/code. the claims that only a handful of people hold own the majority of the top accounts, which were the only arguments they were left with, are obviously impossible to prove but that is not a flaw of the technology but rather its distribution.

im not trying to turn this into a nxt thing, honestly.. the issue i have is that you have made a very bold claim that i know to be false, nxt just happens to be the coin that i know most about and happens to be the coin that does in fact reach consensus in a totally decetralised way.

"If Nxt has fixed all these problems thats great"

you should know the answer to this if you have done as much research as you claim and if you had done the prior due diligence you would know that the claim you have made is false.

i politely request that you remove the false claim made or provide proof as to why it is true.

apologies for derailing your thread.

ps. im not doubting your abilities as a coder or leader of a community, i would just like to address the fore mentioned issue because such a claim shines a bad light on every PoS system previous to yours, some of which other than nxt, may very well achieve consensus in a distributed manner..

"Pioneering a revolutionary novel consensus mechanism called proof of importance."
almond

Activity: 383

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:47:23 PM

hello,

will the breakout website accept bitcoin or other altcoins as gaming currency ?

Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one
BreakoutGaming

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:54:22 PM

hello,

will the breakout website accept bitcoin or other altcoins as gaming currency ?

We will definitely be accepting Bitcoin.  We have an in-house exchange that will act as a gateway for alt currencies and their community to play on our platforms with an all-in-one solution.

████BREAKOUT STAKEWEBSITEMULTICURRENCY SMART CONTRACTS + SIDECHAINS ANN ★  COINSALE July 10 – July 24  ████
DailyModo

Activity: 812

www.gamebet.gg

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:35:27 PM

DailyModo,

Thank you for the tremendous article!!

You are welcome!

Betting on esports with crypto's and steam items has never been easier.
CONTACT
dailymodo@gamebet.gg @GamebetGg
brother3

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:11:39 AM

looks interesting. watching  Cool

Thanks for your interest!

..BREAKOUT STAKE ..
JakeThePanda

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:18:52 AM

This coin is going to be sick.  I got my btc ready to shove.  Ship it! Holla! Cheesy
brother3

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:46:54 AM

This coin is going to be sick.  I got my btc ready to shove.  Ship it! Holla! Cheesy

Jake, I just love the fact that you are on the thread  Grin

..BREAKOUT STAKE ..
brother3

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:32:34 AM

..BREAKOUT STAKE ..
BreakoutGaming

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 03:05:38 AM

Hello, just wanted to point out something to people that are having a hard time understanding why BRO will be a huge hit.

Everyone at the BitAngels and inSide Bitcoin Conference were complaining that the problem with these alternative coins is that they have no marketing behind them and no liquidity.  There is no sustainable model that can support prices of these coins.

Enter Breakout Gaming.  Professional multi-million dollar marketing entering into a $40Bn market.  Gaming is the number one use of all crypto coins, up to 70% by some estimates. 

Breakout Gaming plans to have 750,000 registered users over the next two years.  Players that register on our gaming site to play that buy-in with "fiat"  currency to buy BRO chips must be backed by a similar reserve in BRO coins.  That means Breakout Gaming MUST buy BRO coins on a daily basis to meet those reserve requirements.  That could be millions a day, depending on the volume.  Now go to coinmarketcap.com and look at the daily trading volume of the top ten coins.  Pitiful.

If Breakout Gaming captures even a sliver of the traditional gaming market as we plan.  Good things will happen.

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 03:37:40 AM

Hello, just wanted to point out something to people that are having a hard time understanding why BRO will be a huge hit.

Everyone at the BitAngels and inSide Bitcoin Conference were complaining that the problem with these alternative coins is that they have no marketing behind them and no liquidity.  There is no sustainable model that can support prices of these coins.

Enter Breakout Gaming.  Professional multi-million dollar marketing entering into a $40Bn market.  Gaming is the number one use of all crypto coins, up to 70% by some estimates. 

Breakout Gaming plans to have 750,000 registered users over the next two years.  Players that register on our gaming site to play that buy-in with "fiat"  currency to buy BRO chips must be backed by a similar reserve in BRO coins.  That means Breakout Gaming MUST buy BRO coins on a daily basis to meet those reserve requirements.  That could be millions a day, depending on the volume.  Now go to coinmarketcap.com and look at the daily trading volume of the top ten coins.  Pitiful.

If Breakout Gaming captures even a sliver of the traditional gaming market as we plan.  Good things will happen.

BRO is, indeed, the first digital coin that will be used from day one. Not even Bitcoin can claim that. I am quite sure your ICO is going to be a success of historical proportions. Deservedly so...

But I see some rather serious, troubling problems that hadn't been addressed: Besides being a crypto currency of no technical innovation (none is needed, mind you), what BRO is, above anything else, is a Vegas Virtual Supercasino. And, as such, is requires a bunch of things, chief among them, a huge payroll. Maintenance, security, supervision, R&D... Let's assume that you collect $5 million dollars in the ICO. You are a big "team" already. So even though it is a huge amount, it isn't so big when you spread it about. And then what? What would be the incentives for people to remain "working" on the project? The big money would have been made, crypto-style (that means instantly), why not move on to the next "thing" instead of hanging on, for no additional payment?
Who will mind the store?

Additionally: Yes people will continue coming in and needing BRO to buy-in. How are those pots, tournaments, etc. going to operate? As a business? If so, this will be no different than Caesar's Palace issuing a specific number of coins and keeping 67% of them while selling to the public the rest. Investment opportunity? For Caesar's, not for investors... in other words, what is the business model, what, beyond the bro-bergstake, does the investors get?
nhrf3

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:59:57 AM

BRO is, indeed, the first digital coin that will be used from day one. Not even Bitcoin can claim that. I am quite sure your ICO is going to be a success of historical proportions. Deservedly so...

But I see some rather serious, troubling problems that hadn't been addressed: Besides being a crypto currency of no technical innovation (none is needed, mind you), what BRO is, above anything else, is a Vegas Virtual Supercasino. And, as such, is requires a bunch of things, chief among them, a huge payroll. Maintenance, security, supervision, R&D... Let's assume that you collect $5 million dollars in the ICO. You are a big "team" already. So even though it is a huge amount, it isn't so big when you spread it about. And then what? What would be the incentives for people to remain "working" on the project? The big money would have been made, crypto-style (that means instantly), why not move on to the next "thing" instead of hanging on, for no additional payment?
Who will mind the store?

Additionally: Yes people will continue coming in and needing BRO to buy-in. How are those pots, tournaments, etc. going to operate? As a business? If so, this will be no different than Caesar's Palace issuing a specific number of coins and keeping 67% of them while selling to the public the rest. Investment opportunity? For Caesar's, not for investors... in other words, what is the business model, what, beyond the bro-bergstake, does the investors get?

Great breakdown and questions- hopefully something beyond a secret project like The Three Stooges and James are offering.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:16:24 AM

Great breakdown and questions- hopefully something beyond a secret project like The Three Stooges and James are offering.

Thank you but that is not relevant here. Besides, IF (HUGE IF) James delivers as he has up until now, even the Stooges will look (kind of) good.
mydearvoice

Activity: 249

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:26:16 AM

So expensive price, I can not accept Huh
Randy M Kim

Activity: 108

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:28:09 AM

BRO is, indeed, the first digital coin that will be used from day one. Not even Bitcoinn can claim that. I am quite sure your ICO is going to be a success of historical proportions. Deservedly so...

Who will mind the store?

I am definitely not as qualified as others involved in our project to answer your concerns but they appear to be sleeping so I will try. 
Most importantly you must understand we are BREAKOUT GAMING.  BRO is being created to promote Breakout Gaming.  When BRO coin is successful it sets the framework for a successful Breakout Gaming.  That is our intention.  All current employees will retain employment as to further develop Breakout Gaming.  Online gaming is a $40,000,000,000 annual business.  If as expected we capture a portion of this tremendous market all employees will have a lucrative job for years to come.  Why would they leave ?  Why would we quit on the project and leave behind a chance of sharing in a $40B annual market for five million dollars and destroy our initial dream ? Would you ?  Of the 67% of the remaining premined coins the lions share will be given away in promotions not kept by the devs.  That's how we plan to develope our 750,000 registered users. We are not going to stop with the virtual super casino only.  We plan to offer other uses for BRO coin outside of casino games.  Backgammon would be one example.  Who knows.  Maybe sometime in the future a father who would never consider casino gaming or poker will be playing chess for BRO's with his son who is across the country away from home for college.  When this happens do you think your initial investment in the ICO will be profitable?
Once again.  I am not the best Breakout representative to answer your inquiry but I hope my explanation makes some sense to you. 
Thank you for your interest in Breakout Gaming

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:55:46 AM

BRO is, indeed, the first digital coin that will be used from day one. Not even Bitcoinn can claim that. I am quite sure your ICO is going to be a success of historical proportions. Deservedly so...

Who will mind the store?

I am definitely not as qualified as others involved in our project to answer your concerns but they appear to be sleeping so I will try. 
Most importantly you must understand we are BREAKOUT GAMING.  BRO is being created to promote Breakout Gaming.  When BRO coin is successful it sets the framework for a successful Breakout Gaming.  That is our intention.  All current employees will retain employment as to further develop Breakout Gaming.  Online gaming is a $40,000,000,000 annual business.  If as expected we capture a portion of this tremendous market all employees will have a lucrative job for years to come.  Why would they leave ?  Why would we quit on the project and leave behind a chance of sharing in a $40B annual market for five million dollars and destroy our initial dream ? Would you ?  Of the 67% of the remaining premined coins the lions share will be given away in promotions not kept by the devs.  That's how we plan to develope our 750,000 registered users. We are not going to stop with the virtual super casino only.  We plan to offer other uses for BRO coin outside of casino games.  Backgammon would be one example.  Who knows.  Maybe sometime in the future a father who would never consider casino gaming or poker will be playing chess for BRO's with his son who is across the country away from home for college.  When this happens do you think your initial investment in the ICO will be profitable?
Once again.  I am not the best Breakout representative to answer your inquiry but I hope my explanation makes some sense to you. 
Thank you for your interest in Breakout Gaming

Thank you for your answer, incomplete and not very knowledgeable as it is. It DOES confirm though that this ICO is, in fact, a crowd funding of a Virtual Super Casino and a business behind it on the side... which is fine and dandy except.... what's in it for me?. You seem to miss the point in my very specific questions. The Virtual Super Casino, in order to operate, subsist and progress, needs INCOME. Income way beyond -and sustained- the ICO crowdfunding. Where does it come from? Once again: Yes the BRO and the Bergstake will -potentially- be valuable, perhaps more valuable than their ICO price -but maybe not- because, in the end, the Casino will operate just like any other real-life casino and everyone knows that ONLY the Casino makes money. Not the customers and -in this case in particular- certainly not the investors. How could they. I don't care if you capture 1% of the 40$ billion industry of half of it or the entire enchilada... the question remains: What's in it for me?

And the way I see it, the answer to that question is NADA. Or next to nothing, best case scenario.

You, on the other hand, will do spectacularly, I'm quite sure of it. Congrats in advance
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 113 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.