Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:17:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRW] CROWN (MN-PoS) | Platform | NFT framework | Governance | Masternodes  (Read 316607 times)
noveltist

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:19:04 PM

I have recently discovered that if I have CRW running on my sha port, it blocks UNO and MYR from generating blocks. As soon as I disabled CRW, they began creating blocks again...

That's bad news Sad Maybe that's the cause of no one mining Crown other than one/two pools.
Can the dev team confirm that merge mining Crown infact stops the mining of other merge mined coins?
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CrownSupport

Activity: 4
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Team CrownCentral would like to announce that the new CrownCentral API is now up and running! Check it out and monitor the rewards of your System- / Masternode. Charts, weekly earnings notifications and more! https://crowncentral.net/

Enjoy!

Crownfan

CrownSupport

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:11:39 PM

I have recently discovered that if I have CRW running on my sha port, it blocks UNO and MYR from generating blocks. As soon as I disabled CRW, they began creating blocks again...

That's bad news Sad Maybe that's the cause of no one mining Crown other than one/two pools.
Can the dev team confirm that merge mining Crown infact stops the mining of other merge mined coins?

Thank you for the information, we are looking into this.
CrownSupport

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:35:31 PM
Merited by jeliman (2)

After consulting with devs here is the answer to your questions:

getauxblock returns ChainID. In case of Crown it is  "chainid" : 20

Any other MM coins that have a conflicting chainID can not be merge mined together.

The problem seems to be specific to these two mentioned examples, probably because of same chainid - would be awesome if you could check if it is also "20" - and thus is not a general MM problem caused by Crown code / mining.

the code relevant to auxpow mining is to be found here https://github.com/Crowndev/crowncoin/blob/master/src/primitives/pureheader.h

Here is an (old) list of chainIDs https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=769073.0

Crownfan

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:28:30 AM

For the sake of accuracy, while there are only one or two large miners, there are 14 people currently mining CRW and solving blocks.
yeuskz999999

Activity: 96

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:12:20 AM

Note that a potential issue with that is IPv6.  From all thrones listed by my node currently, all with IPv6 address belong to the same /64.  It depends on the hosting company, but AFAIK, it would fit well to the design of IPv6 if a hosting company provided individual customers with such a range to use by default.  In other words, with IPv6 you can quite probably run multiple thrones on a single VPS, which somewhat defeats the purpose of having a diverse set of masternodes.
mirabeloriana

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:55:51 PM

anna ask, is there will be available mobile wallet soon?
michele1it

Activity: 343
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 05:46:46 PM

I have discovered this project for a few weeks, it is very interesting, very well done and deserves to be better known, but I think it will become more and more known and will go a long way in the times to come. Excellent idea the promotional video published on YouTube on April 12 with over 45 thousand views in less than a month, incredible!  Shocked

So what are you waiting for?

Here is the link for those who missed the video ...

https://youtu.be/Kffc1l1a73c

Build your kingdom!  Wink
EdwardCRWMorra

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:01:17 AM

anna ask, is there will be available mobile wallet soon?

https://crown.tech/wallet/

Check the mobile wallet section Wink
Zanaffar

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 07:39:52 PM

Could someone tell me what turned out of the campaign we had some months ago to be listed in a big exchange?
crowncoin_knight

Activity: 805
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 11:36:22 AM

Could someone tell me what turned out of the campaign we had some months ago to be listed in a big exchange?

The raised funds have been untouched except for paying 1BTC to get listed on cryptobridge. Top Exchanges are asking for unreal sums ranging from hundreds of thousands USD to millions USD in some specific cases. On the other hand, it is hard to asses if listing in smaller exchanges and paying tens of thousands USD for this makes sense, since some of them are faking volume and its very difficult to select a sensible solution. The team is currently in touch with several exchanges as discussions are going on constantly. Worst thing is to throw this money into a solution which will have no benefit so it has to be assessed carefully.

crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 11:40:27 AM

Crown Consensus Mechanism Change

Dear Crown Community,

The Crown Core Team is delighted to announce that after pertinent research and availability of adequate resources, the Crown Platform is ready to go one step further towards implementing a unique consensus mechanism that has been referred to as The Third Way.

The Crown project has always had an innovative vision, which is one of the main reasons it decided to implement merge mining with Bitcoin through the SHA256D algorithm. Arguments for merge-mining were mainly ecological benefits and network security. While miners do not need any additional infrastructure to mine Crown, this has secured the network with up to 10–12% of the total hash rate of Bitcoin, the first and largest peer to peer blockchain network in the world.

Times have changed and so has the situation we are in. Mining has become the principal centralization vector of cryptocurrencies, with an industry that only allows big corporations to have a significant hashing power and mine blocks.

As a merge-mined Coin, Crown has also been affected by this. Crown is currently mined by a few very powerful mining pools, which has led to a massive centralization of 36% of every block reward into a few hands. Network stability is similarly affected when one of these big miners drops out or has network connectivity issues.

The Crown project no longer wants to be dependent on a few large mining corporations and thus has been working hard to make a new solution viable. We are now looking to present and publish this solution for discussion and voting to the Crown community:

Implementation of The Third Way — a unique masternode/servicenode based Proof of Stake consensus system — into the Crown Project.

- Moving to a Masternode / Systemnode based PoS system is a step towards the unique consensus mechanism that Crown is developing.
- The suggested consensus mechanism eliminates Proof of Work and makes transactions instantly verified by a distributed network of Masternodes and Systemnodes.
- Masternodes and Systemnodes will be able to vote and participate in the network.
- Masternodes and Systemnodes carry out all of the relevant tasks for validation of transactions and propagation/security of the network.
- The implementation will be carried out hand in hand by an external and trusted team of developers with a proven track record of migrating projects to PoS, together with internal Crown developers.
- The Crown Developers will survey the changes and analyse every line of code, making sure the integrity of the blockchain is kept while acknowledging the process for further development.

A consensus change is something comparable to the modification of the constitution of a country. Crown is a community driven blockchain project and thus is committed to asking the members of this community if you are ready and agree to move in this direction.

For this reason, the Crown Core Team has submitted a proposal that the community can now vote on.

YES: mnbudget vote-many a26efe84713df144888f284a9f40a474925af8c86634d79be37fb1e4b2b0ec7d yes

jareddav2

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:33:14 PM

Is there somewhere we can find more information on this proposal?  Specifically:
1) What will the rewards be for Staking?
2) Will MN and SN rewards be changed or will they stay the same?
3) Will the "halving" schedule remain the same?  Does that schedule apply for staking as well now?
4) Will I be able to stake on the wallet (assuming there will be an upgrade if this passes)?  Is there a minimum amount of coin required to be held to participate in staking?

Dear Crown Community,

The Crown Core Team is delighted to announce that after pertinent research and availability of adequate resources, the Crown Platform is ready to go one step further towards implementing a unique consensus mechanism that has been referred to as The Third Way.

The Crown project has always had an innovative vision, which is one of the main reasons it decided to implement merge mining with Bitcoin through the SHA256D algorithm. Arguments for merge-mining were mainly ecological benefits and network security. While miners do not need any additional infrastructure to mine Crown, this has secured the network with up to 10–12% of the total hash rate of Bitcoin, the first and largest peer to peer blockchain network in the world.

Times have changed and so has the situation we are in. Mining has become the principal centralization vector of cryptocurrencies, with an industry that only allows big corporations to have a significant hashing power and mine blocks.

As a merge-mined Coin, Crown has also been affected by this. Crown is currently mined by a few very powerful mining pools, which has led to a massive centralization of 36% of every block reward into a few hands. Network stability is similarly affected when one of these big miners drops out or has network connectivity issues.

The Crown project no longer wants to be dependent on a few large mining corporations and thus has been working hard to make a new solution viable. We are now looking to present and publish this solution for discussion and voting to the Crown community:

Implementation of The Third Way — a unique masternode/servicenode based Proof of Stake consensus system — into the Crown Project.

- Moving to a Masternode / Systemnode based PoS system is a step towards the unique consensus mechanism that Crown is developing.
- The suggested consensus mechanism eliminates Proof of Work and makes transactions instantly verified by a distributed network of Masternodes and Systemnodes.
- Masternodes and Systemnodes will be able to vote and participate in the network.
- Masternodes and Systemnodes carry out all of the relevant tasks for validation of transactions and propagation/security of the network.
- The implementation will be carried out hand in hand by an external and trusted team of developers with a proven track record of migrating projects to PoS, together with internal Crown developers.
- The Crown Developers will survey the changes and analyse every line of code, making sure the integrity of the blockchain is kept while acknowledging the process for further development.

A consensus change is something comparable to the modification of the constitution of a country. Crown is a community driven blockchain project and thus is committed to asking the members of this community if you are ready and agree to move in this direction.

For this reason, the Crown Core Team has submitted a proposal that the community can now vote on.

YES: mnbudget vote-many a26efe84713df144888f284a9f40a474925af8c86634d79be37fb1e4b2b0ec7d yes
crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 01:51:09 PM

The proposal is to start a discussion. Right now it seems that wallet staking will not be included in the PoS, there are many reasons for that from the dev perspective. The PoW rewards should go evenly to MN and SN. Regarding your other questions, I recommend you join our main chat at mm.crownlab.eu and talk to our devs, we expect an very open discussion with the community since it will take 4 to 5 months to implement this, and we want to be sure all major concerns from the community are included in the PoS solution our devs have in their head, should the proposal pass through our governance.

Is there somewhere we can find more information on this proposal?  Specifically:
1) What will the rewards be for Staking?
2) Will MN and SN rewards be changed or will they stay the same?
3) Will the "halving" schedule remain the same?  Does that schedule apply for staking as well now?
4) Will I be able to stake on the wallet (assuming there will be an upgrade if this passes)?  Is there a minimum amount of coin required to be held to participate in staking?

Dear Crown Community,

michele1it

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:09:50 PM

Dear Crown Community,

Very well! Excellent initiative! Let's build our kingdom together and be the kingdom of all and not just some!  Smiley
crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 07:01:08 AM

This is a great point  Smiley

[/quote]
Very well! Excellent initiative! Let's build our kingdom together and be the kingdom of all and not just some!  Smiley
[/quote]

Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 12:01:30 PM

I voted yes, but I do think you should mention the NO vote command as well:

Code:
mnbudget vote-many a26efe84713df144888f284a9f40a474925af8c86634d79be37fb1e4b2b0ec7d no

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
michele1it

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:56:50 PM

The right to vote for who exactly is?  Huh And when they close the polling stations of the Kingdom?   Cheesy
Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:30:18 PM

The right to vote for who exactly is?  Huh And when they close the polling stations of the Kingdom?   Cheesy

Only for people with Masternodes that have a 10k Crown deposit.

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 06:14:48 AM

The voting goes through our proposal system https://crown.tech/governance/ maybe you can find more relevant info how the Superblocks work there

Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: