Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:03:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 155 »
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 491695 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
altsheets
Legendary

Activity: 902
Merit: 1001

Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 05:25:56 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2015, 07:46:23 PM by altsheets

HZ3.9.2

Great news!

You should not modify the file nhz-default.properties, instead create a nhz.properties file with only the
properties you need to change, and set them there. The values in nhz.properties override those in nhz-default.properties.
The same applies for logging-default.properties. Create a logging.properties file and make your changes there.
Good point mentioning that again.

I know that some of the 'how to install your HZ node' manuals out there
do give the wrong approach, and suggest to edit 'nhz-default.properties';
which now causes more work for those nodes which want a simple upgrade,
than doing it the proper way, by creating a 'nhz.properties'.

I suggest to also put an informative header into the nhz-default.properties
(alike the explanations in the header of in /conf/logging-default.properties).

About updating to newer code ...

A while ago, someone Mawo posted this easy scheme to install and upgrade:

Code:
# upgrade to latest version:
git pull
./compile.sh
screen -rd hzlive
CTRL-C
screen -S hzlive -L ./run.sh

which I am using on my node. Now after 'git pull; ./compile.sh' I get these messages:

Code:
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
nhz.jar generated successfully

Could anyone explain the meaning to me?  Thx.

The node seems to run fine:
Code:
Initializing Nhz server version NHZ V3.9.2
2015-07-16 16:16:04 INFO: Database update may take a while if needed, current db version 70...
2015-07-16 16:19:26 INFO: nhz.forceValidate = "false"
2015-07-16 16:19:27 INFO: Scanning blockchain...
2015-07-16 16:19:37 INFO: processed block 0
2015-07-16 16:23:21 INFO: processed block 395000
2015-07-16 16:23:22 INFO: ...done
2015-07-16 16:23:22 INFO: Initialization took 448 seconds
2015-07-16 16:23:22 INFO: Nhz server NHZ V3.9.2 started successfully.
But it still takes ages to finish booting up. Which future version will skip the blockchain scanning?

I suggest to put an informative sentence at the end "keep this NRS open while you forge or access the wallet", see truxtons newbie troubles.

About MaWo's hz-nxtgui "HZng":

Code:
cd /opt
git clone https://bitbucket.org/MattWo/hz-nxtgui
cd hz-nxtgui
./compile.sh
cp ../hz-source/conf/nhz.properties conf/

echo "# database from HZdefault node:" >>  conf/nhz.properties                                                            
echo "nhz.dbUrl=jdbc:h2:../hz-source/nhz_db/nhz;DB_CLOSE_ON_EXIT=FALSE" >>  conf/nhz.properties    

screen -rd hzlive
CTRL-C
screen -S hznxtgui -L ./run.sh

Explanations: All happens in /opt. Cloning the sourcecode, compiling it (same warning as above, BTW). Copies all my settings (hallmark, etc) from the default HZ, then adds two lines to make HZng also use the same nhz_db as the default HZ (saves time & harddisk). Kill default HZ, then start HZng in its own screen. Voila - using the existing nhz_db ... HZng is online!

Kudos MaWo, very nice work. Finally, the MESSAGES have their own tab!

I suggest you include two such scripts, one for Linux/Mac, one for Windows, to (semi-)automatically make those above changes to recycle the nhz_db from HZdefault?

nhz-default.properties:

Code:
DB_CLOSE_ON_EXIT=FALSE
What is the meaning of this?
And why is FALSE the default?

The node checker https://explorer.horizonplatform.io/?page=nodecheck
shows my updated node as "offline"
- do I simply have to wait a while, or is it a TODO for you?

I was also always wondering:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what's the exact difference between hz-v3.9.2.zip & hz-v3.9.2-node.zip ? ...
the -node wallet is preconfigured for running a public node yourself
in detail:
- forging is disabled, the forging indicator is removed
- port 7776 is available on all interfaces, allowing connections from outside your local network

Thx for the explanations.

I suggest to put these sentences onto https://horizonplatform.io/get-started/wallets
and actually encourage people to run public nodes, as a fallback, during downtimes of the "web wallet".

Perhaps in future it could be named as such: hz-*-publicnode.zip Just a suggestion anyway.
Good idea.

This release is in preparation for our 4.0 release, which will follow this release in 10 days.  HZ 5.0 will follow in about a month as we are in the process of testing it and adding a few things.

Yippieh, yiehah, yeah!

Keep up the good work!

Consider to GIVEBACK. Thx

AltFolio = Altcoin Portfolio solution || AAsset = crowdfunding, dividends paying = profit sharing Assets on NXT || Newbium great new platform || AssetGraphs = novel GUI to assets & shareholders (won nxthacks2015!) || ABEE = Block Explorer Extension for ETH clones, live on SOIL || Advice = Consulting || assetparser.py and shareholders.py - tools for NXT/HZ asset buyers & issuers || bamm.py || PeerCrawler || PGP || Texts || Github e.g. ChainCountDown, ethjsre |||| /give/ GiveBackLicense /give/ |||| Looking for an affordable crypto advertisement service with adspaces on crypto-attractive websites, contact me, thx.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MaWo

Activity: 575
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 09:27:36 PM

I suggest to also put an informative header into the nhz-default.properties
(alike the explanations in the header of in /conf/logging-default.properties).

Is already included in hz-v4.0 Smiley

About updating to newer code ...

A while ago, someone Mawo posted this easy scheme to install and upgrade:

Code:
# upgrade to latest version:
git pull
./compile.sh
screen -rd hzlive
CTRL-C
screen -S hzlive -L ./run.sh

which I am using on my node. Now after 'git pull; ./compile.sh' I get these messages:

Code:
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
nhz.jar generated successfully

Could anyone explain the meaning to me?  Thx.

The library json-simple-1.1.1.jar uses not typed raw types.
The compiler can not check at compile time for type safety.
The note is the corresponding warning.

But it still takes ages to finish booting up. Which future version will skip the blockchain scanning?

hz-v4.x

I suggest to put an informative sentence at the end "keep this NRS open while you forge or access the wallet", see truxtons newbie troubles.

I've added a hint for windows users, thanks.

I suggest you include two such scripts, one for Linux/Mac, one for Windows, to (semi-)automatically make those above changes to recycle the nhz_db from HZdefault?

That is beyond my scope.

Code:
DB_CLOSE_ON_EXIT=FALSE
What is the meaning of this?
And why is FALSE the default?

That's to avoid a "Database is already closed" issue with the embedded h2 database.
altsheets
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 01:09:00 AM

Thanks!

AltFolio = Altcoin Portfolio solution || AAsset = crowdfunding, dividends paying = profit sharing Assets on NXT || Newbium great new platform || AssetGraphs = novel GUI to assets & shareholders (won nxthacks2015!) || ABEE = Block Explorer Extension for ETH clones, live on SOIL || Advice = Consulting || assetparser.py and shareholders.py - tools for NXT/HZ asset buyers & issuers || bamm.py || PeerCrawler || PGP || Texts || Github e.g. ChainCountDown, ethjsre |||| /give/ GiveBackLicense /give/ |||| Looking for an affordable crypto advertisement service with adspaces on crypto-attractive websites, contact me, thx.
mavigro

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 03:36:39 AM

Upgraded to V3.9.2 on Win7 and hallmarked node promptly detected. Nice!

All looks good however wallet contacts are gone.  Anyway to restore wallet contacts without re-typing them in?
UrsaMajorisBeta

Activity: 528
Merit: 500

We are the ones we've been waiting for

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 05:53:39 AM

All looks good however wallet contacts are gone.  Anyway to restore wallet contacts without re-typing them in?

A standalone client capable of one-click updates might do the magic. I don't know if its on the works though.

▄▄▄▄▄  ████████████▄                 
                            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████         ███▄               
     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▄███████████████████████         ████        ████       ███████▄             
   ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████          ██████████  ▄▄█▄ ▄▄████▄▄       ▀████     █████████▄           
 ▄███             ██████▄          █████████ █████████████         ▀██     ██████████           
███     ▄▄▄▄▄     ████████   ██     ███████ █████ ████████     ██          █████▀████           
███     █████▄▄▄▄▄███████            ████████████ ████████     ████        ███████▀██           
███     ███       ██████              █████▄█████ █████         ████       ███████▀             
███     ▀████     █████     ▀██▀      ▀▀████ ████     █         █████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████              
████              ███▀       ██         ██      ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀         ▀█████          
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██               ▀███▀             ▀████        
██          █████        ██                 ██                 ██       ███▄    ██████▄       
██           ███        ▄██▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ████     █████     ██▄        ▀▀▀▀██████████▄   
██▄▄          █        ███████     █████████████     ▀▀▀▀      ████▄           ▀██████████  
 ███                   ███████         █████████             ▄███▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄      ██████████
 ███    █        █     ███████     ▄▄▄▄█████████     ██     ▀████       ▀▀      ██████████
 ███    ██      ██     ███████     ██████   ████     ██▄      ▀██▄▄            ███████▀███ 
██▀▀    ▀▀█    ███       ██▀▀▀              ██         ██       ▀███▄        ▄██████████▀█
██        ██████         ██                 ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████████       
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FIRST P2P BETTING PLATFORM
Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Telegram   |   Reddit

TRY NEW BETA
FIFA WORLD CUP
    [
See our website:
]
sokol

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 07:44:33 AM

Developers. I use test version HZ v4.0 in Firefox. After changing the language to Russian is not possible to go into the purse second time, no longer displays the authorization form. Only helps complete cleaning browser history, but after the change of the language is the same again. Please correct before release HZ v4.0
pharesim

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 02:49:13 PM

There is an issue with the login form not showing sometimes, but it's not connected to switching the language for me. Couldn't reliably reproduce it yet.
acha

Activity: 51
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 04:42:24 AM

Developers. I use test version HZ v4.0 in Firefox. After changing the language to Russian is not possible to go into the purse second time, no longer displays the authorization form. Only helps complete cleaning browser history, but after the change of the language is the same again. Please correct before release HZ v4.0

Fuck 4.0. See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=823785.msg11888906#msg11888906
mavigro

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 02:08:40 PM

A standalone client capable of one-click updates might do the magic. I don't know if its on the works though.

Googling-around I learned the wallet contacts are buried in the bowels of the browser profile (I didn't realize when my contacts went missing I had used a different Chrome profile to setup the contacts)
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/30443/in-nxt-which-files-store-the-contact-addressbook-data

Although I do like the one-click idea for updating the wallet, sort of like I've been doing with NXT by having the new zip overwrite everything (and now understand the importance of keeping custom configs out of the default config files).
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=823785.msg11893293#msg11893293
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 01:58:27 AM
Last edit: July 19, 2015, 11:42:35 PM by bit1

I just saw HZ on voting list on Cryptsy.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 10:32:11 AM

Would be nice to get on cryptsy! I think HZ is doing extremely well with development, price will soon reflect this I guess Smiley
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 10:37:47 AM

Would be nice to get on cryptsy! I think HZ is doing extremely well with development, price will soon reflect this I guess Smiley

Definately needs to go to Cryptsy, a big solid exchange. Horizon has been in the votelist for ages but no one seems to use it.
It will take donations and/or a big giveaway to get the numbers up. It's possible on bitcoingarden forum.
http://bitcoingarden.tk/forum/index.php?board=2.0
pharesim

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 10:45:50 AM

Cryptsy hasn't added new coins since a while. We're in contact with them already.
altsheets
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 11:06:26 AM

restart webserver? https://horizonplatform.io/ is somehow ill.

The page https://horizonplatform.io/how-to-become-a-trusted-asset/ does not stop showing https://horizonplatform.io/contact/assets/frontend/img/loader.gif

wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 11:21:41 AM

Vote for hz to get on cryptsy!
duncan_idaho

Activity: 355

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 12:20:29 PM

Hello what is deadline to update nodes to version 3.9.2 ? Which block or date (time) ?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
pharesim

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 12:41:36 PM

Known issue, waiting for James to fix it
JPred

Activity: 392

my magic is growing strong[er]

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 10:26:49 PM

A powerful (old yet) new concept is taking root. Check it out at https://explorer.horizonplatform.io/?page=asset&id=1918076501414611727

FREEDOM
Emerger

Activity: 199
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 03:19:32 AM

Hi. I was wondering if we could see some of the HZ assets listed on coinmarketcap.com? I think that would be a great step.
I notice that coinmarketcap uses https://trade.secureae.com for it's data on NXT assets, is there an equivalent data source for HZ?

Thanks for all the great efforts with HZ lately Smiley

duncan_idaho

Activity: 355

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:07:28 AM

there is some problem with downloading blocks from scratch in 3.9.2. Nhz server started successfully but stuck in block downloading. Please fix it.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 155 »
  Print  

Jump to: