Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:28:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 »
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 491689 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 02:59:27 PM

About 100k so far.  Undecided

So what's about dividends? When they are planned to be paid?

In % ratio of 100k HZ against the amount in  HZXchange asset value is not high enough to issue any payout. This might be the cause of delay on issueing ...

[ I am saying above statement without real calculation of current value of asset in market, so never take it as reference]

There are 1M assets. That'd mean 1HZ per 10 assets, minus a transaction fee of one for everyone.
I'll at least wait until the payDividends API call comes with 5.0 to save on those fees.

As I see there are 82 shareholders at the moment (excluding asset issuer, having 500K of assets issued), that is 82 HZ for fees. Also, if I'm not mistaken, NXT core dividend feature automatically excludes asset issuer from dividends payment. Another thing, with NRS version 1.5.x, dividends are invisible for receiver (except special plugin), only 1.6.0e has account ledger feature, where you can check received dividends using core module.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
asator

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 07:27:58 PM

When a node deserves a bounty payout, how does the the payout script know which account to send it to? I setup a node, it's seen by the node checker, but I'm wondering if I missed something.
MaWo

Activity: 575
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 03:52:37 PM

When a node deserves a bounty payout, how does the the payout script know which account to send it to? I setup a node, it's seen by the node checker, but I'm wondering if I missed something.

The hallmark is account specific.

https://horizonplatform.io/how-to-setup-a-horizon-node/
asator

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 04:20:37 PM

The hallmark is account specific.

https://horizonplatform.io/how-to-setup-a-horizon-node/

My understanding was that I can run a regular node (without setting the hallmark) and still get the bounty payout, but a smaller amount than a hallmark node. Is this wrong?

I have been running a node with no hallmark set for >24h. The node checker shows: Upime Until Next Payout: -1080 mins, so it looks like I should get paid, but I'm wondering how the script will know what account I want to be paid to...
duncan_idaho

Activity: 355
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 06:16:55 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2015, 05:18:07 AM by duncan_idaho

You have to setup a hallmark  to recieve payment.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
asator

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 04:07:26 PM

You have to setup a hallmark  to recieve payment.

This seems to be correct. After the first 24h, I did not have a hallmark setup and did not receive payment. I setup the hallmark on the second day, and after 48h received a double payout.

The ip address of my node will change from time to time (once every 2-4 weeks). How will this effect my node? Will I stop receiving payments when my ip address changes (until I update the hallmark)? What is the idea behind the hallmark? Is it used solely for the node bounty payout or does it have a deeper meaning?
pharesim

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 11:34:11 PM

You have to setup a hallmark  to recieve payment.

This seems to be correct. After the first 24h, I did not have a hallmark setup and did not receive payment. I setup the hallmark on the second day, and after 48h received a double payout.

The ip address of my node will change from time to time (once every 2-4 weeks). How will this effect my node? Will I stop receiving payments when my ip address changes (until I update the hallmark)? What is the idea behind the hallmark? Is it used solely for the node bounty payout or does it have a deeper meaning?

Simply put, a hallmark is a digital signature that "certifies" that a node, running on a specific IP address, belongs to an account. A hallmark helps the network put trust into specific nodes, relying on them more than other nodes for accurate information on blocks and transactions. Anyone can decode a node's hallmark to verify its authenticity and ownership. If you run multiple nodes, a hallmark also allows you to set a relative "weight" for each node, so that the network can allocate more traffic to nodes that have more resources. source

The node bounty script pays out to the account encoded in the hallmark. When your IP address changes, your node will stop working.
GoldenEye

Activity: 601
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:55:06 AM

The node bounty script pays out to the account encoded in the hallmark. When your IP address changes, your node will stop working.

After an IP address change the node must be newly detected by the network. This can take several hours.
From this point, the online time is counted.
You must change the hallmark according to the new IP to get node bounties.
asator

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 03:50:54 PM

After an IP address change the node must be newly detected by the network. This can take several hours.

Thanks to everyone for the explanation. Would be great to have this in the form of an FAQ for future users.
GoldenEye

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:15:52 PM

Thanks to everyone for the explanation. Would be great to have this in the form of an FAQ for future users.

That will no longer be worth. The distribution is almost over.  Wink
martismartis
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:42:45 PM

That will no longer be worth. The distribution is almost over.  Wink

What expectations are about how many nodes will be alive after distribution ends?
martismartis
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:48:06 PM

What is about today 10/06 bounty payment? I didn't receive any, just interest.
Code:
NODE IP ADDRESS: 78.63.207.76 (ONLINE)
Last Checked: 2015-10-06 19:13:19 | Last Payout: 2015-10-06 00:20:08
Total Uptime: 153618 mins | Upime Until Next Payout: -978 mins
Show hallmark
GoldenEye

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:52:30 PM

What expectations are about how many nodes will be alive after distribution ends?

I remember times with more than 3000 nodes, today there were 805. It is no longer worthwhile.
I think when the vps contracts expire, there will be hardly any node.
martismartis
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 08:00:06 PM

I remember times with more than 3000 nodes, today there were 805. It is no longer worthwhile.
I think when the vps contracts expire, there will be hardly any node.

And big dump in the last distribution days Smiley
GoldenEye

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 08:01:13 PM

What is about today 10/06 bounty payment? I didn't receive any, just interest.
Code:
NODE IP ADDRESS: 78.63.207.76 (ONLINE)
Last Checked: 2015-10-06 19:13:19 | Last Payout: 2015-10-06 00:20:08
Total Uptime: 153618 mins | Upime Until Next Payout: -978 mins
Show hallmark

Confirmed, no bounty for your node today.

Besides, totally 805 other nodes got paid Huh
martismartis
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 08:50:02 PM

Some thoughts before the sleep Smiley

I don't see future for HZ, after distribution will end. There will be left few nodes which is not enough for keeping network secure and working perfectly.
HZ is the young brother of NXT, always few steps behind the new NXT features. HZ do not have its unique features comparing with NXT, personally I think, with all respect to HZ devs, they are wasting their time trying to adopt old NXT source code for HZ. Maybe there are some projects under the hood, but these project could be done perfectly with NXT code.

What I want to say:

1. Why not to swap all existing HZ with NXT or swap with the new currency unit, using NXT monetary system, if we want to keep HZ as separate project (example is Nautiluscoin)? After this, there is no need to operate and secure separate network, all can work on already operating and secure NXT network.
2. If we could move to NXT, NXT community would be stronger with addition of HZ community, devs could cooperate with NXT devs, making NXT stronger, upcoming projects, if any, could be easy done with NXT, attracting both NXT and HZ communities to them.

Curious, what devs and community think about it?

I think we all can agree, when distribution will end, there will be less interest in HZ and a lot HZ will probably be dumped. And what will be then? What the unique roadmap fo HZ? With swap we could stop big dump after distribution, if there are some upcoming projects, which can be done with NXT easily.

Could we discuss this, while HZ is in some silent mode and distribution reaching the end?

EDIT: some typoes edited Smiley
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 03:57:14 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2015, 04:39:27 AM by bit1

I don't see future for HZ, after distribution will end. There will be left few nodes which is not enough for keeping network secure and working perfectly.
HZ is the young brother of NXT, always few steps behind the new NXT features. HZ do not have its unique features comparing with NXT, personally I think, with all respect to HZ devs, they are wasting their time trying to adopt old NXT source code for HZ. Maybe there are some projects under the hood, but these project could be done perfectly with NXT code.

What I want to say:

1. Why not to swap all existing HZ with NXT or swap with the new currency unit, using NXT monetary system, if we want to keep HZ as separate project (example is Nautiluscoin)? After this, there is no need to operate and secure separate network, all can work on already operating and secure NXT network.
2. If we could move to NXT, NXT community would be stronger with addition of HZ community, devs could cooperate with NXT devs, making NXT stronger, upcoming projects, if any, could be easy done with NXT, attracting both NXT and HZ communities to them.

I think we all can agree, when distribution will end, there will be less interest in HZ and a lot HZ will probably be dumped. And what will be then? What the unique roadmap fo HZ? With swap we could stop big dump after distribution, if there are some upcoming projects, which can be done with NXT easily.

Could we discuss this, while HZ is in some silent mode and distribution reaching the end?

Please let me  put a simple example, All cars   have tires, Glass, Engine, They serve to  the same without elaborating at some point they derived of a few that gave rise, So on Crypto  too  it's possible that Hoizon can have a future equal or  even better that Nxt. Maybe not tomorrow, Neither a day after tomorrow,
but maybe in the future so Hz have to go step by step. The idea is not have thousands of different models, But enough to meet the needs of peoples.
Your  number 2 point is very interesting but could be with the nodes too, For example Hz can cooperate with NXT with some nodes and Nxt can do the same and so both clients can are running forging on the same node doing both networks more safe and bigger. This strategy can be applied not only with Nxt but with others coins. Besides stay on TOP 100 should be an important focus.
martismartis
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 05:16:38 AM

What I want to say:

Please let me  put a simple example, All cars   have tires, Glass, Engine, They serve to  the same without elaborating at some point they derived of a few that gave rise, So on Crypto  too  it's possible that Hoizon can have a future equal or  even better that Nxt. Maybe not tomorrow, Neither a day after tomorrow,
but maybe in the future so Hz have to go step by step. The idea is not have thousands of different models, But enough to meet the needs of peoples.
Your  number 2 point is very interesting but could be with the nodes too, For example Hz can cooperate with NXT with some nodes and Nxt can do the same and so both clients can are running forging on the same node doing both networks more safe and bigger. This strategy can be applied not only with Nxt but with others coins. Besides stay on TOP 100 should be an important focus.

For me, nodes problem is not very important, comparing with future roadmap of HZ. I feel HZ will slowly die, because meantime we have some community because of nodes bounties. Do you think there will be bigger or the same community after distribution ends?
So, my thoughts are, that without closer collaboration with NXT community, there is no future for HZ, despite we have some good devs and maybe some people with projects in mind.
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 05:36:14 AM

What I want to say:

Please let me  put a simple example, All cars   have tires, Glass, Engine, They serve to  the same without elaborating at some point they derived of a few that gave rise, So on Crypto  too  it's possible that Hoizon can have a future equal or  even better that Nxt. Maybe not tomorrow, Neither a day after tomorrow,
Your  number 2 point is very interesting but could be with the nodes too, For example Hz can cooperate with NXT with some nodes and Nxt can do the same and so both clients can are running forging on the same node doing both networks more safe and bigger. This strategy can be applied not only with Nxt but with others coins. Besides stay on TOP 100 should be an important focus.

For me, nodes problem is not very important, comparing with future roadmap of HZ. I feel HZ will slowly die, because meantime we have some community because of nodes bounties. Do you think there will be bigger or the same community after distribution ends?
So, my thoughts are, that without closer collaboration with NXT community, there is no future for HZ, despite we have some good devs and maybe some people with projects in mind.

I think that will be the  same community after distribution ends but the number of nodes will decrease because with low prices run nodes Hz 24/7 is difficult, But I could say the same nobody knows really, Remember that new wallet 5.0 is coming after that the distribution end, So if any dump eventually anybody  will  buy its.
martismartis
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 06:00:25 AM

What I want to say:

Please let me  put a simple example, All cars   have tires, Glass, Engine, They serve to  the same without elaborating at some point they derived of a few that gave rise, So on Crypto  too  it's possible that Hoizon can have a future equal or  even better that Nxt. Maybe not tomorrow, Neither a day after tomorrow,
Your  number 2 point is very interesting but could be with the nodes too, For example Hz can cooperate with NXT with some nodes and Nxt can do the same and so both clients can are running forging on the same node doing both networks more safe and bigger. This strategy can be applied not only with Nxt but with others coins. Besides stay on TOP 100 should be an important focus.

I think that will be the  same community after distribution ends but the number of nodes will decrease because with low prices run nodes Hz 24/7 is difficult, But I could say the same nobody knows really, Remember that New wallet 5.0 is coming after that the distribution end, So if any dump eventually anybody  will  buy its.

Let me say straight, there will be less, more less community after distribution ends. What unique HZ has comparing with NXT? New wallet 5.0 is old NXT wallet 1.5.x (correct me if I'm wrong). Even if HZ devs will create killer app, who will marketing it? It can be easy inculded in NXT with bigger community and more devs.

Do we know how big HZ community is? Aproximately.

Devs are familiar with NXT code. If there some big projects under the hood, why not to get help from bigger NXT community, marketing and devs for project to succeed and to reach bigger masses?

Your comparison of cars, is not correct for crypto decentralized environment. BMW and Suzuki both have engines, wheels and glasses. But who is the winner?

It would be nice to hear from devs, what future of HZ they see. Is there any roadmap or feature or project comming?

P.S. I don't try to FUD in here, I just want that the real Crypto 2.0 (NXT) become stronger, attracting talented HZ devs and community members to work together for the bigger goal.

P.P.S. BTW, when distribution will end approx.?

P.P.S. I'm not native english speaking, so my thoughts could be seen as a little mess Smiley Sorry.
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 »
  Print  

Jump to: