Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:32:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AMHash1: Cost-Effective Mining Contract  (Read 304039 times)
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 12:57:13 PM

TheRama, when you buy those cloud mining contracts or units or whatever else it´s called, you are in effect lending the operators money to upgrade their equipment or expand their current one or other things they need money for.

When you buy cloud mining contracts off a manufacturer, you're not lending them money, you are essentially buying miners and having them run them for you at a lower cost.

That´s your perception Mabsark and that´s fine. I have a different view which suits my objectives.

That's not just my perception, that's the reality of the situation.

i just hope we start to see some Dividends from the AM shares SOON. i can´t see hwo we will see Dividends form this farm? only form the first "5000000" sales. but after that? what then?

Selling hashrate is another way to sell devices and chips , so shareholders can get profit from this farm absolutely.

AM have ASICs and miners to sell. You can buy Prisma 2's and have them shipped, buy a PSU and pay your own maintenance costs, or you can buy hashing power from those devices that are being maintained by AMHash (which is cheaper for most people).

Either way, you end up with X amount of hashing power and Y costs, and the only real difference is that you control your own miners.
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 01:22:12 PM

That´s all well and good. I´m just describing my perception of these things. Which in turn affect my demand for yield and my participation in the price discovery of the AMHASH units there at Havelock. I simply view those units as debt instruments, well maybe a bond-share hybrid. It doesn´t really matter as my yield demand is concerned. It pays a dividend, other places it´s called a payout. AMHASH is tradeable most other places these instruments are not. Otherwise it looks pretty much the same to me.

galdur

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 01:58:34 PM

Anyway, a few words on current AMHASH trading. No units presently but waiting. What bothers me is this bloody constant overhang of BTC potentially crashing any minute. Too much uncertainty. But I think the market is pretty much fairly priced. If the bid were at the ask I´d probably buy a little.

MichaelBliss

Activity: 526

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:54:37 PM

TheRama, when you buy those cloud mining contracts or units or whatever else it´s called, you are in effect lending the operators money to upgrade their equipment or expand their current one or other things they need money for.

When you buy cloud mining contracts off a manufacturer, you're not lending them money, you are essentially buying miners and having them run them for you at a lower cost.

That´s your perception Mabsark and that´s fine. I have a different view which suits my objectives.

No, that's a fact.  Changing views won't change the underlying reality. (i.e. things don't become real because you think of them).
galdur

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 04:06:33 PM

No, that's a fact.  Changing views won't change the underlying reality. (i.e. things don't become real because you think of them).

Like I said a few times already (clearly necessary to repeat because of dubious reading comprehension of some) it´s my view. I don´t care if it´s a fact or not this view simply works for me and my decisions in this marketplace.

xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 8263

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 05:16:40 PM

No, that's a fact.  Changing views won't change the underlying reality. (i.e. things don't become real because you think of them).

Like I said a few times already (clearly necessary to repeat because of dubious reading comprehension of some) it´s my view. I don´t care if it´s a fact or not this view simply works for me and my decisions in this marketplace.

When you convey potentially flawed information to others as factual you should expect protests.  I think you do expect that and that you can be a bit of a troll at times.

MichaelBliss

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 05:18:04 PM

I was talking about Mabsark's comment - calling it  "a fact", not your view.  

Dude you can think of AMHash as a type of peanut butter if you wish, but you shouldn't be surprised when people correct you for calling it that.  The moment you start discussing with others, it's necessary to deal with facts and reality.  Of course people will want to correct your inaccurate description; it's a public forum.  We can only deal with objective reality, this is a bitcoin forum not a poetry slam.  Smiley
galdur

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 05:20:50 PM

When you convey potentially flawed information to others as factual you should expect protests.  I think you do expect that and that you can be a bit of a troll at times.

Where am I supposed to have stated that my opinion regarding this matter is factual ?

galdur

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 05:24:09 PM

I was talking about Mabsark's comment - calling it  "a fact", not your view.  

Dude you can think of AMHash as a type of peanut butter if you wish, but you shouldn't be surprised when people correct you for calling it that.  The moment you start discussing with others, it's necessary to deal with facts and reality.  Of course people will want to correct your inaccurate description; it's a public forum.  We can only deal with objective reality, this is a bitcoin forum not a poetry slam.  Smiley

Look, I don´t care if people think a debt instrument/share that trades on an exchange and pays a dividend is a slice of bread and think that´s a fact.  Grin

xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 8263

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 05:37:21 PM

Where am I supposed to have stated that my opinion regarding this matter is factual ?

Right here -

So, it´s really just a question of ...

galdur

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 05:39:29 PM

...you are in effect lending the operators money...

Most people here have the intellectual capacity to interpret this correctly.

MichaelBliss

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 05:56:29 PM

Except, you are not in effect lending them money.

If you were, you would expect all of your money back, plus interest.  That's not what's happening, is it?

You are in effect paying for hashing power. 
galdur

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 06:10:40 PM

If you were, you would expect all of your money back, plus interest.  That's not what's happening, is it?

You must have heard of ROI. People are talking about it all the time all over these threads. Check it out.

galdur

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 06:11:43 PM

Are these people thick or something ?  Grin

Not gonna waste more time on them I´m afraid.

MichaelBliss

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 06:18:45 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2015, 06:32:04 PM by MichaelBliss

If you were, you would expect all of your money back, plus interest.  That's not what's happening, is it?

You must have heard of ROI. People are talking about it all the time all over these threads. Check it out.

Look, I'd have no desire to correct you if you didn't start all of this by arrogantly explaining to someone as if what you were saying was fact.  It's fine that you view it in your quirky way, but since you're "informing" people here with your views, it needs to be pointed out how what you are saying is not quite the case.
You made a poor analogy, not the end of the world but it needed to be straightened out... let it go.   Roll Eyes
galdur

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 06:20:07 PM

I guess those yokels are up to their ears in AMHASH units.

Of course if you take my view of yield demand from a debt instrument you may very well be less inclined to buy. Which is probably the reason why they´re so upset.  Grin

galdur

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 06:26:06 PM

I have no units now and obviously want to get them as cheaply and with as high a yield as possible. People who hold large positions of AMHASH will probably not be very happy to hear this. The bid is rather thin as usual. Any dump to speak of, it´s soon down to .0005.

DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 09:25:59 PM

And again, should the price go up again in a week or so, some people will have profited form shorting AMHASH, just like Bitcoin itself... it's a remarkable pattern, really! Very much like the micro-bubble that just popped from its top of $300...

I love amhash  Cheesy

edit: i love trading bots  Cheesy

i love amhash to but good lord scares me so many times here recently lol i wish it was a bit more stable but i know it is not them rather the price of bitcoin. This is why i wish maintanace fees would be charged in USD or any other fiat currency. That way price of bitcoin can be a bit more stable as we wont have large farms selling like $250,000 " example " of bitcoins at cheap rates for the light bill or wages

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1968

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 12:29:59 AM

Cloud mining are all scams. Stop giving your BTC to scammers, HODL it. Seriously. Otherwise you end up begging for it back... Sad

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 04:02:28 AM

We have been around since 2012 and we don't have any plans to go anywhere.  We have answered the "shelf company" claims countless times over the past year, but some "shelf people" still like to bring it up again and again.  Havelock is located and operates from Panama. Havelock is a small part of our overall investments portfolio and as a Bitcoin business and just like any Bitcoin related business has had losses during 2014. We still did very well during 2012 and 2013. We look forward to 2015 regardless of the price of btc/usd.

As on member here always says:

"Happy Investing"

i been happy with havelock and the amhash i have bought for the most part. The only parts i have not been happy with ofcourse was out of havelock or anyone elses control. I am ofcourse referring to the drop in bitcoin price making payments smaller  Cry

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: