Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:24:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AMHash1: Cost-Effective Mining Contract  (Read 303992 times)
JasherEnoch

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 10:29:57 PM

First lost in Hashie and now in Amhash. If I ever invest cloud mining again, will certainly choose USA based firms with customer support and known address maybe Zenminers was a scam but I earned 4 times more from my investment.

Yes because USA mining companies like hashfast, cointerra or butterfly labs are any better...... to be honest i prefer the current situation with a crazy story line than the BFL 2 week saga

And here is a novel idea that I don't know why USA companies are NOT doing. Whatever happened to the idea of making hundreds of solar panels and using wind (windmill) power things to generate the necessary electricity demands to run a successful mining farm and NOT have to pay an electric company millions of dollars just to mine bitcoin. If they generated their own electricity then they could make money mining even though the difficulty continues to rise. Duh!!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 10:31:29 PM

At least USA government, protecting our rights. Right now we screwed and those guys will get away with it or at least I feel in that way

China will shoot them if they really are defrauding people, chinese people have monye in AM also.
USA has not done much to BFL operators or to make sure their victims recover their losses
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 10:39:52 PM

First lost in Hashie and now in Amhash. If I ever invest cloud mining again, will certainly choose USA based firms with customer support and known address maybe Zenminers was a scam but I earned 4 times more from my investment.

Yes because USA mining companies like hashfast, cointerra or butterfly labs are any better...... to be honest i prefer the current situation with a crazy story line than the BFL 2 week saga

And here is a novel idea that I don't know why USA companies are NOT doing. Whatever happened to the idea of making hundreds of solar panels and using wind (windmill) power things to generate the necessary electricity demands to run a successful mining farm and NOT have to pay an electric company millions of dollars just to mine bitcoin. If they generated their own electricity then they could make money mining even though the difficulty continues to rise. Duh!!!!
Because setting up a facility to run 10MW of mining gear is relatively difficult and pricey, but not outside the realm of a well funded venture. Building a PV facility that can handle the 240MWh of energy you'd require every day to run 10MW of gear would be a multi-year project with massive capital outlays. If you've got a couple hundred million bucks laying around though, you might want to look into it. Tongue
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 10:45:33 PM

Some dude called FriedCat has been announced as the escape goat.
If I wasn't cognizant of people's propensity to appropriate common verbiage into their misguided modern lexicon, I'd be wondering if maybe somebody tried to translate another name from Chinese.
You're looking for scapegoat.

I also do not understand why it is so hard to see much ROI and to see companies succeed in something that should (in my opinion) be so simple. I mean where are all the IT (computer geek) genius's at....they should be able to figure this whole bitcoin thing out much better than what we have seen lately.
Computer geeks do not engineers make.
Computer geeks and engineers do not business managers make.
Computer geeks and engineers and business managers do not a successful company make.

In this case, having knowledge of how Bitcoin works and being able to do all the software, protocol, etc. side of things - doesn't mean you know how electronics work and how to build a miner.
Knowing how electronics work and knowing how to build a miner doesn't mean you know how the thing you just put together is going to translate into an actual item for commerce.  As an example: you see this a lot with crowdfunded projects, especially ones that raise a lot more money than they had aimed for, but then realize they lose more of that money in having to buy up space for stock, paying people for packaging and shipping, etc. than they would have if they'd put a hard limit on things.
Knowing how to manage a business doesn't mean that you know how to make a successful company out of things, especially if 'market forces' weigh heavily on the success of the company.  In Rockminer's case, there's just not much demand for the mining equipment they made - and that demand is at the whim of many factors.

At least they tried.

And here is a novel idea that I don't know why USA companies are NOT doing. Whatever happened to the idea of making hundreds of solar panels and using wind (windmill) power things to generate the necessary electricity demands to run a successful mining farm and NOT have to pay an electric company millions of dollars just to mine bitcoin.
How many windmills / solar panels would you need for your operation?  Where do you build the required wind / solar farm?  What are the restrictions to building a wind / solar farm in the locale? How much is that (land+licenses+construction+maintenance) going to cost you?  What are their efficiency for the given locale? Will you ever see that money back?  If you didn't use them for mining and instead sold the electricity to local companies and/or to the utilities, would you actually be making more money than you would trying to mine with it?
The answers to those questions tend not to be favorable.  Most cost effective to set up shop somewhere that already has cheap energy - even if it's not free - or just negotiate a better price with the utility companies in the first place.

JasherEnoch

Activity: 41

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 10:45:43 PM

Because setting up a facility to run 10MW of mining gear is relatively difficult and pricey, but not outside the realm of a well funded venture. Building a PV facility that can handle the 240MWh of energy you'd require every day to run 10MW of gear would be a multi-year project with massive capital outlays. If you've got a couple hundred million bucks laying around though, you might want to look into it. Tongue

But for a multi-million dollar company and some good mega-million investors/backers....it could be done. I don't have it for sure; but there are plenty of big mega companies that do have that kind of capitol here in the United States.
MCHouston

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Where am I?

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 10:48:20 PM

USA location only becomes better when you need to know who to blame and take to court.  Bad people are in all countries and will screw people over regardless of where they are.

Hashfast, Cointerra, and BFL all ended up in court.  Things never magically disappeared.

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 10:49:10 PM

Tell that to AM fanbois who had their pants wet when AM announced that they will produce 60Ph/s worth of chips. They thought that deployment will be easy peasy.

zerocoder

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 10:49:54 PM

At least USA government, protecting our rights. Right now we screwed and those guys will get away with it or at least I feel in that way

China will shoot them if they really are defrauding people, chinese people have monye in AM also.
USA has not done much to BFL operators or to make sure their victims recover their losses

I don't know much about BFL operations but as far as I know customers sue BFL due to their loses and this case still in Kansas court. I am sure judge will make them pay to the victims until the last penny or at least they won't get away with that

And hashfast is a way different from those firms, those guys try to make something good their main aim was not stealing customer money but their assets also liqudify and probably will be transfered to victims (we are talking about chip designs, thousand of manufactured chips etc.)
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/11/its-all-over-bitcoin-miner-maker-hashfast-to-auction-remaining-assets/

By the way I am not pre ordering any shit at all, that was the first thing I learnt in advance Smiley but if I do so, should understand the risk right. In Amhash case, I trusted Puppet and screwed

P.S. A correction, Yes I pre ordered x mining machine from EHS but contact with those guys, hope they are being successful with their project. I know parallela chips have potential for mining

"Break the Big Banks" - http://BERN.cash - #‎NotMeUS #rEVOLution
BERN BRpJhL4VVsJPwVnHc26iqG3kxxKtF6UEFo
mr_e

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 10:56:37 PM

Amhash has paid the holiday dividends to investors on their website, why are they not paid on havelock?

Is this comfirmed www.amhash.com users have been paid BTC for the mssing dividends from 10th Feb till today, are amhash.com users also able to withdraw the BTC?

Does anybody know who Alex from Amhash is?
primeminer

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:01:20 PM

just to get the topic back to the track

AMHash, co-initiated by ASICMiner and RockMiner, is a cloud mining brand which is committed to offer the most economic, flexible, reliable and environmental mining experience by integrating mining rig production, sales and mining farm deployment through large scale and specialization.

Who is ASICMiner?

ASICMiner is the first bitcoin mining device company in the world selling mining devices in stock(own ASIC chips),founded in 2012. And ASICMiner deployed more than 30% hashrate in the whole world last year, it's still the most concerned and popular company in the community.More details can be found at the thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0

Reference links

ASICMiner main thread:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
ASICMiner Starts Hashing:http://bitcoinmagazine.com/3300/asicminer-starts-hashing/
ASICMiner to release USB ASIC bitcoin mining devices :http://mineforeman.com/2013/04/13/asicminer-to-release-a-usb/
What are ASIC Miners and Why Are They So Important?:http://coin.furuknap.net/what-are-asic-miners-and-why-are-they-so-important/
Visit of ASICMINER's Immersion Cooling Mining Facility:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=346134.0
从ASICMINER液冷矿场访问归来:http://bitell.sinaapp.com/show.php?tid=938

Who is RockMiner?
RockMiner is committed to the miner design, produce, sale and mining operation of bitcoin and other crypto currencies. In early stage, we will purchase the third generation chips of ASICMINER to design and produce miners. In the follow-up stage, we plan to enter related industrial chain of crypto currencies. Rock Xie, the co-founder of RockMiner, is one of the earliest Bitcoin investors, well-known novel writer, the board member of ASICMiner, and the General Agent of ASICMiner in Asia-Pacific. In November 2013, the team of RockMiner is founded with members who have rich experiences in software and hardware R&D, production and sale.
primeminer

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:02:56 PM

Is this comfirmed www.amhash.com users have been paid BTC for the mssing dividends from 10th Feb till today, are amhash.com users also able to withdraw the BTC?

Rock Xie, the co-founder of RockMiner, is one of the earliest Bitcoin investors, well-known novel writer, the board member of ASICMiner
flame1012

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:08:54 PM

Amhash has paid the holiday dividends to investors on their website, why are they not paid on havelock?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=962431.msg10637495#msg10637495

> ALL cloudmining companies are SCAM <
flame1012

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:11:53 PM

Neither Asicminer, nor Rockminer, Amhash and Havelock seems in control of anything.
Theay all kept vital information secret from us for months and still have not come with a serious,
convincing detailed explanation and what measures they will take as responsible entities.

They act like they are 3rd persons observing whats going on from the outside, as if they have nothing to with all this.

Only he knows what's really going on but he disappeared by coincidence.
These so called "companies" think they will escape their responsibility by telling such naive lie, but I doubt any of us fell for this.

Some person says Amhash left their office. This is also suspicious and we can't be sure whether it's fact or a joke.
Amhash stopped communicating since that day btw.

Havelock's announcement is nothing else than rephrasing what we already know.

Whatever they have expressed so far is only confusing and disappointing.
It's obvious that this stinks like rotten eggs.

> ALL cloudmining companies are SCAM <
AirWolf

Activity: 140

Havelock robbed me 170BTC

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:27:45 PM

Neither Asicminer, nor Rockminer, Amhash and Havelock seems in control of anything.
Theay all kept vital information secret from us for months and still have not come with a serious,
convincing detailed explanation and what measures they will take as responsible entities.

They act like they are 3rd persons observing whats going on from the outside, as if they have nothing to with all this.

Only he knows what's really going on but he disappeared by coincidence.
These so called "companies" think they will escape their responsibility by telling such naive lie, but I doubt any of us fell for this.

Some person says Amhash left their office. This is also suspicious and we can't be sure whether it's fact or a joke.
Amhash stopped communicating since that day btw.

Havelock's announcement is nothing else than rephrasing what we already know.

Whatever they have expressed so far is only confusing and disappointing.
It's obvious that this stinks like rotten eggs.

Exactly my point, finally some sense around...

HAVELOCK ROBBED ME MORE THAN 170BTC - BEWARE OF THIS THIEVES!
zerocoder

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:30:20 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2015, 12:15:48 AM by zerocoder

Is there anything we are able to do to help you? By the way, you are right. It was good idea to start a hunt, do you able to get any info related to that company?

"Break the Big Banks" - http://BERN.cash - #‎NotMeUS #rEVOLution
BERN BRpJhL4VVsJPwVnHc26iqG3kxxKtF6UEFo
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 12:33:27 AM

@airwolf
u state u try to solve the problem for ur whole pack
and u dont make a lobo run there

so how people can join this airwolf pack

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 12:35:43 AM

Just in case someone is interested: The corporate filings for Havelock can be found here in the "Freebies"-section:

http://btc-dd.com/openreports.html
AirWolf

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 12:42:47 AM

Is there anything we are able to do to help you? By the way, you are right. It was good idea to start a hunt, do you able to get any info related to that company?

Yes, check here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=976421.0

Pointing to Friedcat is useless, it is only a decoy, we must concentrate on Rock Xie and Havelock (for those who bought through them) they are also responsible, maybe in good faith, but responsible anyway.

What you can do is dig for data on them and their relatives and partners, expose it, contact the news sites, here are some contacts:

CoinDesk: news@coindesk.com
CCN: david.parker@cryptocoinsnews.com

Ask them to run the story and provide some sources, like this example message:

Are you aware of this new scam involving ASCIMINER and  ROCKMINER:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=833704.msg10646608#msg10646608
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=974058.msg10645504#msg10645504
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=976421.msg10661393#msg10661393
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=974893.msg10643266#msg10643266

Please look in to this.

Already i have made enough noise to make one news site to run the story: http://www.btcreporter.com/2015/03/04/mystery-in-bitcoinland-the-disappearance-of-friedcat/
I am in contact with CNN right now, plan to run a banner ad campaign the next week

Me and some few users are alone in this, those like Puppet, MrTeal, ElasticBand, Raskul and others are attaching the effort, being that those were who exposed the data on the PBmining owner that helped me recover our money at that time, but now they support AMHASH, and Puppet is to blame because he declared them legit in this famous thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=878387

So expect attacks from them

Other than that, welcome to The Hunt

AirWolf

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 12:44:09 AM

@airwolf
u state u try to solve the problem for ur whole pack
and u dont make a lobo run there

so how people can join this airwolf pack

HERE IS HOW:

Pointing to Friedcat is useless, it is only a decoy, we must concentrate on Rock Xie and Havelock (for those who bought through them) they are also responsible, maybe in good faith, but responsible anyway.

What you can do is dig for data on them and their relatives and partners, expose it, contact the news sites, here are some contacts:

CoinDesk: news@coindesk.com
CCN: david.parker@cryptocoinsnews.com

Ask them to run the story and provide some sources, like this example message:

Are you aware of this new scam involving ASCIMINER and  ROCKMINER:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=833704.msg10646608#msg10646608
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=974058.msg10645504#msg10645504
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=976421.msg10661393#msg10661393
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=974893.msg10643266#msg10643266

Please look in to this.

Already i have made enough noise to make one news site to run the story: http://www.btcreporter.com/2015/03/04/mystery-in-bitcoinland-the-disappearance-of-friedcat/
I am in contact with CNN right now, plan to run a banner ad campaign the next week

Me and some few users are alone in this, those like Puppet, MrTeal, ElasticBand, Raskul and others are attaching the effort, being that those were who exposed the data on the PBmining owner that helped me recover our money at that time, but now they support AMHASH, and Puppet is to blame because he declared them legit in this famous thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=878387

The idea is to make them realize that we can do a lot of damage to their running business so is a better idea to just pay our shares than face the pack howling

hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 01:30:27 AM

lol

drop the pipe

tem bullies

The idea is to make them realize that we can do a lot of damage to their running business so is a better idea to just pay our shares than face the pack howling

better call ghostbusters

get a life.
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: