Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:12:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [TUTORIAL] Solo Mining Litecoins Guide--Windows!  (Read 306103 times)
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 04:45:42 AM

Using reper to solo will i get a kh/s improvement ? saying that only one way to find out lol. How do you configure this is it the same as cgminer?

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 03:20:05 AM

What happened to the mining hardware comparison list? it was removed

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 03:17:20 AM

Using reper to solo will i get a kh/s improvement ? saying that only one way to find out lol. How do you configure this is it the same as cgminer?
I've noticed no change going from cgminer to reaper, except for the fact that reaper crashes every few hours. stick with cgminer, IMO.
btc-e.com
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2013, 06:04:02 PM

https://btc-e.com/exchange/nvc_btc

Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com

BTC-E.com // Биpжa пo aвтoмaтичecкoй тopгoвлe Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com
sorped

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 02:39:58 PM

Hello,

Just trying to get my head around all this mining stuff, hence playing around with things...

nVidia GTX 550 Ti (I know, not exactly the best kit, but will do messing about! Smiley )

Using reaper to solo-mine, is it normal there are no work-in or submits going on? I just get the bottom line with hash rate, share/stale, GPU errors etc.

When trying to use cgminer, something appears to be worng as it chugs away at 45 Mhs/s, so not much happening?
BitSteam

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 12:56:50 AM

is it worth it to do this with a 4850?
RobbieMor

Activity: 35

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 07:35:26 PM

Step 3.) Once the blockchain has finished downloading (or even while it is downloading), click "start" or the "start button". Type in "%appdata%" to get to your Application Data Roaming directory. Open the folder called "Litecoin". You shouldn't see any file called litecoin or litecoin.conf. You will need to make this and set it up properly to allow external miners to connect. You can either use this download of litecoin.conf which is properly formatted: litecoinfaucet.com/images/litecoin.conf and edit the username/password/allowIP fields as you wish. If you want to create the file yourself or don't trust my download for whatever reason, put this into a file in notepad:

Step 4.) Now that you have made litecoin.conf, you are going to need to close litecoin-qt and relaunch in a different way using the Command Prompt. Closing litecoin-qt's window isn't enough, you will need to go into task manager and kill the task/end the task "litecoin-qt.exe" or "litecoin-qt". Then, open up a command prompt by clicking on the start button and typing in "cmd" and clicking on the thing that looks like a black box with white text on it for an icon. Something will pop up that should look like white text on a black background with a blinking cursor with some file path, assuming you haven't made any modifications to it. You will want to tab over to your open Roaming window (or get back... remember "%appdata%"). In your command prompt, type "cd " (yes, with the space). Don't press enter yet.

I can't save the litecoin.conf to the AppData\Roaming\Litecoin folder nor can I access that folder from Windows 7.
I can get to the folder with the CMD prompt box however so I do have one.
akipfer

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 09:14:38 PM

82 blocks in 84hrs, pretty close to expectancy.

700mh is 2x 5850s

hey, i'm new in ltc, iw as mining with btc, but my poor HD6850 with 215 mh/s only made $1.70 dolar/day
that sucks....
so as i can tell, ltc can make about .45 - .50c/hour with my gpu, is that true? if is, WOW im crazy to start mining/selling that Cheesy

how is the demand of ltc? cause btc is sell, it kinda difficult now, no one wan't sell us u know :S

so is true, i can earn half dollar/hour with my gpu? based on

this https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/wiki/Mining-hardware-comparison (for kh/s comparision, i get the lowest kh/s from there, maybe my  card can do more that the lowest, the lowest is 216kh/s so with that and this
http://www.litecoinpool.org/calc?hashrate=225&difficulty=78.30955148

is this true?

BTC 1LDZwmLNULuEKPANry5DTbH5seLKwph8ua         | [WebSite off] coopersite.com.br | Aceitaremos Moedas como pgto | Procurando franqueados!
LTC  LYMQwZbBHK2kdD7SJnxCnn8NcwbiFAmgnV        | [Twitter] https://twitter.com/allankipfer
[M.B.] Rules - [M.B.]-[Mercado Bitcoin] Esta da hora!   | [Facebook] http://www.facebook.com/allan.kipfer.tbo
akipfer

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 01:36:55 AM

When I first started using litecoin (had known about it for some months before but never had much of an interest in it due to my absorption with bitcoin), I ran into a couple of issues that I'd like to, now that I know a bit more what I'm doing, help those who are where I was at a few weeks ago in some of these issues. This forum thread is dedicated to a tutorial on how to setup Solo Mining.

What is mining? Simply explained, your hash rate is like how many lottery tickets you get per second. If you get 500kh/s, you are getting 500,000 hashes or lottery tickets per second. Imagine that the central lottery central adjusts the chance of each lottery ticket of being the winning one based on how many are purchased, so that every 2.5 minutes approximately someone gets a winning ticket. These tickets are free in actual currency, but require your computer to compute mathematical algorithms in order to get these "tickets". This is the idea of mining. If you get the winning ticket, you "win" the block, or get the generation payout (currently 50 Litecoins) for it. As of writing, the network is averaging around 30,000kh/s, or 30,000,000 of these tickets a second. This network rate changes based on how many other people are mining. Solo mining is when you do this mining process or lottery ticket generation yourself, and keep all of the reward. For those with high hash rates, this may be ideal. For those with lower hashrates or those who like completely guaranteed payouts, pool mining is available, where people pool their mining resources, and when a block is found, it is paid out to everyone proportional to how much of the total pool speed %(percentage) that individual contributed. Since more people find more blocks more often, this allows you to get steadier payout. The point of this thread, though, is not pool mining, so we'll move on now before I go off on a tangent on the different payment schemes Smiley

Solo mining, while a bit hard at first to figure out (finally got it working after adapting old instructions for solo BTC mining...) I was able to get litecoin-qt.exe to run in server mode, allowing connections from miner software. Here's how:

Step 1.) Download necessary programs and put them all in the same folder that you can easily access (like a "Mining" folder on a Desktop or a Documents folder). Unzip these.
Here is the first program you need: https://github.com/downloads/litecoin-project/litecoin/litecoin-0.6.3c-win32.zip. Now for mining, the software required depends on what you intend to mine on--CPU, GPU, or both. If you have a dedicated GPU, especially an ATI one, you will get more hashes with the GPU, but that doesn't mean you can't run a CPU one as well. If you want a CPU miner, download this: http://www.mediafire.com/?0g2wi33437dawbs. If you want a GPU miner, download this: http://zerosignalgame.com/reaperv13beta4_32.zip. Unzip these all in the same folder area, it should look something like this:

Step 2.) Open up the folder litecoin-windows-client-0.5.0.9 (or whatever folder has your windows client .exe file called litecoin-qt.exe). Double click on this, and wait for the blockchain to download (you should see a progress bar at the bottom of the window with a percentile reading).

Step 3.) Once the blockchain has finished downloading (or even while it is downloading), click "start" or the "start button". Type in "%appdata%" to get to your Application Data Roaming directory. Open the folder called "Litecoin". You shouldn't see any file called litecoin or litecoin.conf. You will need to make this and set it up properly to allow external miners to connect. You can either use this download of litecoin.conf which is properly formatted: litecoinfaucet.com/images/litecoin.conf and edit the username/password/allowIP fields as you wish. If you want to create the file yourself or don't trust my download for whatever reason, put this into a file in notepad:

Code:
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=9332
daemon=1
server=1
gen=0

block_nTime=1317972665
block_nNonce=2084524493

Notepad should look like this:

Make sure you save as "litecoin.conf" with the type "all file types." litecoin.conf.txt won't work!

Step 4.) Now that you have made litecoin.conf, you are going to need to close litecoin-qt and relaunch in a different way using the Command Prompt. Closing litecoin-qt's window isn't enough, you will need to go into task manager and kill the task/end the task "litecoin-qt.exe" or "litecoin-qt". Then, open up a command prompt by clicking on the start button and typing in "cmd" and clicking on the thing that looks like a black box with white text on it for an icon. Something will pop up that should look like white text on a black background with a blinking cursor with some file path, assuming you haven't made any modifications to it. You will want to tab over to your open Roaming window (or get back... remember "%appdata%"). In your command prompt, type "cd " (yes, with the space). Don't press enter yet.

Step 5.) Now, you will go into your Roaming folder and drag all the contents of the litecoin client folder (the one with litecoin-qt in it) over to your Litecoin folder in Roaming. Alternately, if you want to leave it somewhere else, you can cd to there from the command prompt instead, as litecoin-qt doesn't look in it's own folder for litecoin.conf, but instead looks at the AppData>Roaming>Litecoin folder for all of that. If you drag the litecoin-qt client somewhere else, make sure to bring all of litecoin-qt's other files that accompany it. Now drag the Litecoin folder onto the Command Prompt, so it should look something like "C:\Users\Vorksholk> cd C:\Users\Vorksholk\AppData\Roaming\Litecoin" (or some other folder location if that's where you left litecoin-qt and that's where you are trying to cd to). If it looks similar to this, press enter. If it doesn't throw you any errors, you are doing great Smiley. CD is change directory, in case you were curious. Now, you will want to type in "litecoin-qt.exe -server" which passes litecoin-qt.exe the -server flag when executing. If you get an error about not finding some file litecoin.conf, then just download my example and put that into your litecoin folder, you may have not saved your version right...

Step 6.) Wait a minute or so for the litecoin-qt window to come up. If it gives you an error, leave a post here detailing the error and I'll try to help you. Now go over to your Mining folder, and open either scryptminer-gui folder of the reaper folder. Assuming you are mining on the same computer as where you just did the previous steps, you will want to configure your miner using the following settings:
hostname: localhost or 127.0.0.1
username: (whatever you set your username to in litecoin.conf) If you downloaded my example and didn't edit it, this field's value is simply "username".
password:(whatever you set your password to in litecoin.conf). If you downloaded my example and didn't edit it, this field's value is simply "password".
Port:(whatever you set your port to in litecoin.conf). If you downloaded my example and didn't edit it, this field's value is simply "9332". If you are using reaper, you will want to open reaper.conf and delete the lines that say "mine solidcoin" and "mine bitcoin" from the file, then save. Then you will want to open up the litecoin.conf file in the reaper folder and set the given fields to what's offered right above.

Step 7.) Double click reaper.exe or start scryptminer-gui, and watch the kh's go up. If it says error connecting, double check your config and whatnot, then post the error and your config files and I'll try to help Smiley. You will not get shares in solo mining, really. Shares are to be expected when poolmining and are sometimes an indication of whether your mining is working or not, but in this case your miner will only show a share when it finds a block, so don't expect any shares to be accepted by the miner.

Let is run and see if you get lucky and get a block! Let me know if you have any problems or questions, if you want I can update this guide once finals are over with some detailed images of some of the reaper config, the command prompt business, or even the scrypt-miner gui if anyone wants.

Good luck hashing! (If there are grammar mistakes, sorry, it's late...)

Edit: Updated to include latest release of Litecoin. As well, many more advanced miners may want to look into cgminer for Scrypt. Smiley
HI, so i just setup here, but...
it says I'm mining bitcoins!
WTF, is suposed to be litecoins right?

also, i don't wanny use CPU for ltc mining, how do i stop it? when i run reaper.exe
he compiles for GPU and CPU, i already tried to delete the .bin of the cpu, but he makes another one Cheesy

also, only getting 35-36MH/s TOPS
is that right?

here is the lite q config

///////////////////////////

rpcuser=hd6850
rpcpassword=256423
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=9332
daemon=1
server=1
gen=0

block_nTime=1317972665
block_nNonce=2084524493
////////////////////////

and here is my solidcoin.cfg(i think i shoul change this right?

////////////////////////////
line 1
host localhost
port 12300
user hd6850
pass 256423

protocol solidcoin

worksize 128
aggression 14
threads_per_gpu 1
cpu_mining_threads 1
platform 0
cpu_algorithm vector3
gpu_sharemask 0x80FFFF
long_polling yes
sharethreads 1
line 17

i just post the line so is easyer to understand....no big deal Cheesy

something wrong?

BTC 1LDZwmLNULuEKPANry5DTbH5seLKwph8ua         | [WebSite off] coopersite.com.br | Aceitaremos Moedas como pgto | Procurando franqueados!
LTC  LYMQwZbBHK2kdD7SJnxCnn8NcwbiFAmgnV        | [Twitter] https://twitter.com/allankipfer
[M.B.] Rules - [M.B.]-[Mercado Bitcoin] Esta da hora!   | [Facebook] http://www.facebook.com/allan.kipfer.tbo
svennand

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:19:56 AM

Hmm, ur trying to mine litecoin using solidcoin protocol?

Anyone have an idea as to where the cutoff is wether to solomine or pool mine?

My rig is pushing around 3500Khash/s, at the start i got a block (difficulty 94) and i was exstatic.
Now ive been mining for another 3 days and havent found anything!

Also used the failover to see that i get accepted and (0,5% rejected) and no hw errors...

Does it seem that anything is wrong (btw it says new block detected because litecoinpool is down. when its up again i get LP)
akipfer

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 03:31:13 PM

My rig is pushing around 3500Khash/s, at the start i got a block (difficulty 94) and i was exstatic.

Also used the failover to see that i get accepted and (0,5% rejected) and no hw errors...

Does it seem that anything is wrong (btw it says new block detected because litecoinpool is down. when its up again i get LP)

by lp u mean, long pool?
if so, is lp better then others? why?
also how to setup lp on cgminer?

my hd6850 make about 180-220 kh/s
is that profitable?

john blaze

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 05:50:23 PM

Hello, I've been trying to figure out how to mine bitcoin. But after some reaserch I decided that I would try to mine lite instead. I was wondering can I use my bitcoin wallet to store litecoins. Also I have been spending to better part of the last 2 weeks trying to figure out the system and all the software nessessary, but still haven't figured it out. Here is a list of all of the apps that I've downloaded.
 1. Bitcoin-wallet
 2. Bitstamp
 3. Bitinstant
 4. Mt.Gox
 5. Ozcoin mining
 6. 7-Zip
 7. minerGui

As well as a couple other apps that I wasn't able to get to open up.  Could you please give me some insight on what I'm doing wrong. I'm getting so frustraighted, please help  Smiley
svennand

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:43:52 PM

by lp u mean, long pool?
if so, is lp better then others? why?
also how to setup lp on cgminer?

my hd6850 make about 180-220 kh/s
is that profitable?

You'll get around 6,5dollars pr day given todays value/difficulty.
Then you have to figure out how much power it uses, wear/tear on card.

If the numbers seems good then yes, its profitable.

As to lp(long pool) it is to my understanding that your updating cgminer with current blocknumber, this is done faster with getting them from an pool than your local client. so yes its better.
Please correct me somebody if im completely wrong about my understanding of LP=P
svennand

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:33:02 PM

Hello, I've been trying to figure out how to mine bitcoin. But after some reaserch I decided that I would try to mine lite instead. I was wondering can I use my bitcoin wallet to store litecoins. Also I have been spending to better part of the last 2 weeks trying to figure out the system and all the software nessessary, but still haven't figured it out. Here is a list of all of the apps that I've downloaded.
 1. Bitcoin-wallet
 2. Bitstamp
 3. Bitinstant
 4. Mt.Gox
 5. Ozcoin mining
 6. 7-Zip
 7. minerGui

As well as a couple other apps that I wasn't able to get to open up.  Could you please give me some insight on what I'm doing wrong. I'm getting so frustraighted, please help  Smiley

Hmm that was a long list.

When i bitcoin mined i used bitstamp as wallet (they usually have high trade value and easy to use), and bitminter for the mining (EASY! java app click and play allmost).
However i switched over to litecoin now since it seems to be a currency on the rise=)

short litecoin mining tutorial that i use in windows:

1. Download/install AMD catalyst drivers (i use 13.3 or 13.1, depending on what rig i look at).
2. Download/install AMD APP Development drivers (2.8 version is latest and the one i use)
3. Download Cgminer (easy very stable miner client, havent tried Reaper but many are experiencing unstability with it). Just put the program folder where ever you like (i have it in my documents folder).
4. The choice should i solo mine or pool mine?Huh if you pool mine skip to step: 10
5. go to litecoin.org and download the client. let the client run until it is completely synced with the network (this can take some time!)
6. You now have an litecoin "wallet", if you look inside program files 86\Litecoin\ there will be an file called wallet.dat (this is YOUR wallet) if you lose this file you lose all the money=)
7. i recommend encrypting the wallet with a password that you will remember and that is not easy to crack. example 23fSEFSE is a much worse password than: look at my little pony! since the last one has more digits and requires more computation to crack...2^xx
8. now you have to configure the the litecoin qt app to understand that you want to use local servers for computation (reference thread post 1.) just put those values in a file called litecoin.conf in the c:\user\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Litecoin (i also put my litecoin qt app in there at this point.). When you want to start the litecoin qt app. go to start menu/command and write cmd and enter. browse to your litecoin app folder and type: litecoin-qt.exe - server (tip. i just created a shortcut for the app and went into option and added the -server there) then put the shortcut on the desktop.
9. Running cgminer with solo mining=)

easiest way. create a text file (example.bat) in the cgminer folder (ps. remember to name it bat, and also check to show file extensions so you dont get example.bat.txt!)
in this file you write (dissregard () ):

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100 (this allocates all the memory from the gpu to the program, fixed some problems with those that try to high memory size settings)
cgminer --scrypt --shaders 2048 --intensity 13 --auto-gpu --auto-fan -o http://192.168.0.2:9332 -u xxx  --failover-only -o http://litecoinpool.org:9332 -u svennand.fuzzypc -p xxx (ps these needs to be changed! since this is my config on one of my rigs)

little explanation:
--scrypt (tells the cgminer that it is litecoin your going to mine, 100% nececery!)
--shaders (tells how many shaders the gpu has, if you have different graphicscard, u can put for example --shaders 1600,2048,1120 (which is the right config for: 5870,7970,5830)) look here for values https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92887.msg1050499#msg1050499
--intensity (tells how aggressive cgminer should use the card, i found that anything over 13 will just create way to much hash errors/hw errors, on all my rigs, on 7850 cards im not able to go over 12 before hitting high failed prosentage)
--auto-gpu (i use this since i just want the cgminer to set the engine/memory clock to the default card values, in my experience u get higher hash rate with overclocking the cards, BUT you get alot more heat/hash failed and so on, so in the end i desided that i didnt gain anything).
--auto-fan (jess it controlls the fan speed, i use this)
-o http://192.168.0.2:9332 (this contains the adress to the computer that has the litecoin-qt app running!, when your in cgminer hit P to check that it is connecting allright to your other computer, you should also get new block on network message!)
-u and -p is the password that i have in my litecoin.conf file. remember to add each of the external computers ip to the allowed ip range in this config file!
--failover-only (this sets the remote pool that i want to connect for block updates from. in my example i use litecoinpool.org. how effective this is i do not know...). The positive thing about having a failover-only is that if your computer hosting the litecoin-qt app crashes or something all the computers will automaticly change network to the failover one! that way you will still earn litecoins! only by pool mining instead=)

additional command:
--gpu-engine xxx (sets the core speed)
--gpu-memclock xxx (sets the speed of memory)
--worksize xxx (64,128,256 changing this might add some more hashrate, but not much, i left it out)
--thread-concurrency 8196 (7970, this is not necessery if you have specified shaders, also if you leave it blank cgminer will automaticly set this, check cgminer folder and look for .bin file to see the size of tc)

if you have done the extra tweaks in the additional commands i suggest you quit the litecoin qt app so that the cgminer clients reconnects to the pool instead, that way you will very soon figure out if setting those values wrong will not gain you anything.
even if the hashrate is high you¨ll just and up with hw error/stale shares and so on... when i tweaked my setting i got about 50-100 extra hash/s pr cards but a quick look in litecoinpool.org showed errors allmost up to 30-50% so i actually lost on tweaking things.

create either a wallet in bitcoin-qt or have a tradingaccount at for example btc-e.com
Check above for explanation...
cgminer --scrypt --shaders 2048 --intensity 13 --auto-gpu --auto-fan -o http://litecoinpool.org:9332 -u xxx -p xxx (this example is with litecoinpool which is pps, alternative sites is notroll.in(pps) ltc.kattana.com(PPLNS) and so on)

PPS: pay pr share, you get paid disreggarding if the pool finds a block or not (this is risky for the pool, ergo the percentage they take is higher, litecoinpool takes 4% of each block found)
PPLNS: pay pr share when block is found (no percentage goes to the pool, BUT you will not earn unless there is blocks found...)

----------------------------------
To sum things up the only thing you need:
catalyst driver
amd app dev driver
cgminer app
litecoin app (if you want an own wallet/do solo mining)

I for one has real problem desiding if im gonna solo mine or not, i got so tired of not hitting anything. went back to litecoinpool.org and two hours later i hit a block.... damnit! now im solomining again and havent hit shit=P

If you find this "short tutorial" helpfull please feel free to donate some ltc to: LdvKFFDj2WzuJcVMrMmojB1hmFKp4xSiyv, or btc to: 1CuuVGoqGQ4hTu6tkR8FQpHPepnNcFPUn2
=)
zxyzxy

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:41:36 PM

rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

sorry for being so derpy, but what should i put here, what username and pw? ip, my home address?
svennand

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:51:40 PM

rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

sorry for being so derpy, but what should i put here, what username and pw? ip, my home address?

rpcuser and rpcpassword is just the usernam/password you have to put into cgminer to be able to connect to the litecoin qt app. just make something up=)
rpcallowip here you can put either 127.0.0.1 or localhost (both points back to the computer your running litecoin qt app/config file from)

if you have several computers you need to add an extra rpcallowip for each of them containing their ip adress.

For example my config looks like this:
dissregards the () content

rpcuser=fuzzy
rpcpassword=xxxxx
rpcallowip=192.168.0.2 (same as 127.0.0.1 since its the ip of my main computer)
rpcallowip=192.168.0.9 (computer2)
rpcallowip=192.168.0.14 (computer3)
rpcallowip=192.168.0.21 (computer 4)
rpcport=9332 (which port to connect to, be sure that this port is open for the computers to connect to the main computer)
daemon=1
server=1
gen=0

block_nTime=1317972665
block_nNonce=2084524493
zxyzxy

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:39:25 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2013, 10:55:53 PM by zxyzxy

Step 6.)  Wait a minute or so for the litecoin-qt window to come up. If it gives you an error, leave a post here detailing the error and I'll try to help you.
after i start up bitcoin-qt (using cmd and -server), it loads to my "wallet screen" and a small error window pops up saying "an error occurred setting up RPC port 9332 for listening: open: : An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used" and my only option is to hit ok, after that the client closes, i dont know what to do, i have managed to do all the steps as were written, no error until this point. i created roaming dir in appdata and put the litecoin folder there, i have created the config file properly, also i am using win xp on the machine where i am doing this.

how can i be sure that the port 9332 is open? could this be the issue? i am configuring just one computer, the same i want to mine on, i will not connect other computers/rigs to it

and svennand, thank you for your quick reply!
svennand

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 07:17:34 AM

Step 6.)  Wait a minute or so for the litecoin-qt window to come up. If it gives you an error, leave a post here detailing the error and I'll try to help you.
after i start up bitcoin-qt (using cmd and -server), it loads to my "wallet screen" and a small error window pops up saying "an error occurred setting up RPC port 9332 for listening: open: : An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used" and my only option is to hit ok, after that the client closes, i dont know what to do, i have managed to do all the steps as were written, no error until this point. i created roaming dir in appdata and put the litecoin folder there, i have created the config file properly, also i am using win xp on the machine where i am doing this.

how can i be sure that the port 9332 is open? could this be the issue? i am configuring just one computer, the same i want to mine on, i will not connect other computers/rigs to it

and svennand, thank you for your quick reply!

Try disabling windows firewall and se if that helps.
Alternative u can use the web port (port 80). but this port is slow=)
However there shouldnt be a port problem since youre inside the computer, and 9332 is such a high number so its not "reserved" for anything.

There are different apps for checking ports.
gILisH

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 08:26:53 AM

In the past two days I am unable to download http://zerosignalgame.com/reaperv13beta4_32.zip
is there another link to it ? or can someone send it to me ?
thanks
svennand

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 08:55:04 AM

In the past two days I am unable to download http://zerosignalgame.com/reaperv13beta4_32.zip
is there another link to it ? or can someone send it to me ?
thanks

just downloaded it now without any problems...

reuploaded it:
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/408144/reaperv13beta4-64-zip.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: