Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:35:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitForce SC - full custom ASIC  (Read 52470 times)
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 01:59:15 PM

Durex is selling HyperScrew condoms, but is facing increasing competition from Trojan and it's impacting the bottom line. Some of the lab geeks have been talking about some new condom technology combining the best of latex protection and a vibrator. Since it's a year away, Durex announces they'll be taking preorders for HyperScrew SC (Super Coitus), but if you buy a regular HyperScrew they'll accept your nasty useless used condom in on trade. They'll wash it out and repackage it for AIDS prevention in Africa while charging NGOs full price, keeping the preorder money for a year, killing Trojan's sales while not cannibalizing their own.

In a year's time, HyperScrew SC hits the market, and is a revolution. Guys with SC start railing all the chicks, and difficulty of getting laid explodes. Everyone curses Durex, but is forced to buy their products to avoid being forever alone. In the end everyone buys in and things go back to the status quo, expect everyone's a little poorer and Durex is filthy rich.
hahahahaha, epic.

K, I totally lol'd! But FPGAs aren't single use items, so the analogy still doesn't fit. Wink
Apparently, HyperScrew is reuseable lol.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 01:59:59 PM

Durex is selling HyperScrew condoms, but is facing increasing competition from Trojan and it's impacting the bottom line. Some of the lab geeks have been talking about some new condom technology combining the best of latex protection and a vibrator. Since it's a year away, Durex announces they'll be taking preorders for HyperScrew SC (Super Coitus), but if you buy a regular HyperScrew they'll accept your nasty useless used condom in on trade. They'll wash it out and repackage it for AIDS prevention in Africa while charging NGOs full price, keeping the preorder money for a year, killing Trojan's sales while not cannibalizing their own.

In a year's time, HyperScrew SC hits the market, and is a revolution. Guys with SC start railing all the chicks, and difficulty of getting laid explodes. Everyone curses Durex, but is forced to buy their products to avoid being forever alone. In the end everyone buys in and things go back to the status quo, expect everyone's a little poorer and Durex is filthy rich.

Well played Sir Wink

bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 02:02:41 PM

The only problem is, HyperScrew is only good for Vag....and even though Trojan's condom is a bit more expensive and doesn't guarantee the same amount of sex overall....you can still safely use it for Anal as well, if the Hetero market suddenly dries up and you find yourself having to re-purpose your stockpile, for Gay conquests....

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 02:03:59 PM

The only problem is, HyperScrew is only good for Vag....and even though Trojan's condom is a bit more expensive and doesn't guarantee the same amount of sex overall....you can still safely use it for Anal as well, if the Hetero market suddenly dries up and you find yourself having to re-purpose your stockpile, for Gay conquests....

So what you're saying is that SolidCoin is gay anal?
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 03:00:41 PM

I totally had a giggle at all of this......... Grin

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Definit

Activity: 357

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 03:25:56 PM

lmfaooo

sounds about right...
WhitePhantom

Activity: 348

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 03:33:06 PM

Too bad it's too long to be a sig.
Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 06:44:23 PM

This is the response I got when I asked if I could convert my mini-rig into single SC's...

We can convert your MiniRig order to BitForce Singles when  the order process is available. Here's how we can convert your unshipped MiniRig: 12 SC Singles @ $1299 = $15,588 plus $68 shipping = $15,656.  You would owe $146.

How does that sound?

You realize that the ASIC may not ship in October. No guarantees of when.

Jody

They certainly sound unsure of their October date.  I am not sure what I want to do.  After seeing gigavps I really want my mini-rig now.  But if I take delivery on it then I have to double down and buy an additional 12 SC on top of the 12 I'd be trading for it sounds like.

I'm just tired of waiting, I want product...but I also don't want to get left behind once ASIC hits...not sure if I want to double down...the future of difficulty in mining is a huge question mark.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 06:45:56 PM

This is the response I got when I asked if I could convert my mini-rig into single SC's...

We can convert your MiniRig order to BitForce Singles when  the order process is available. Here's how we can convert your unshipped MiniRig: 12 SC Singles @ $1299 = $15,588 plus $68 shipping = $15,656.  You would owe $146.

How does that sound?

Jody

They certainly sound unsure of their October date.  I am not sure what I want to do.  After seeing gigavps I really want my mini-rig now.  But if I take delivery on it then I have to double down and buy an additional 12 SC on top of the 12 I'd be trading for it sounds like.

I'm just tired of waiting, I want product...but I also don't want to get left behind once ASIC hits...not sure if I want to double down...the future of difficulty in mining is a huge question mark.
How long after Gigavps did you order an MR? Maybe it is due to ship soon.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 06:54:02 PM

How does that sound?

Jody

How long after Gigavps did you order an MR? Maybe it is due to ship soon.

Not when he did.  Last week of April is when I ordered but first week of May is when they got the money finalized.
DutchBrat

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 08:55:35 PM

How does that sound?

Jody

Dont go fo

How does that sound?

Jody

Dont go for 12 additional SC but for an ASIC rig, more bang for your buck !
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 05:19:00 AM

I was looking forward to getting 4 more Singles,but I'm holding out to get the ASIC,not sure which one yet.But I'm waiting no matter how long it takes.

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
solarpower

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 04:37:55 PM

Has BFL said what process they are using for their ASIC? I would guess 130nm or 90nm.

Well not to be really down on BFL or anything. I would have to say it doesnt exist yet so neither of them is the answer.

Lets just say they tend to be a "lets pull a all nighter figuring this stuff out"  a month after they were suppose to ship.

I figure all they got is a cardboard box with a chocolate mint in it right now.  So about the only spec they can give you is its sporting a Andes wafer thin core right now. 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andes_Chocolate_Mints

Ask again in November when they have at least something written on a chalk board.

Of course i am kidding .... or am I?

rupy

Activity: 725
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 05:43:26 PM

So if I get you right you have a product that is 40 times better (MH/$) than ztex. I thought ASIC only lowered electricity consumption compared to FPGAs.

You need to disclose power consumption and noise level.

When will you show pictures of the products?

BANKBOOK GWT Wallet & no-FIAT Billing API
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 03:42:14 AM

So if I get you right you have a product that is 40 times better (MH/$) than ztex. I thought ASIC only lowered electricity consumption compared to FPGAs.

You need to disclose power consumption and noise level.

When will you show pictures of the products?

After you have the ASIC production ready (hardware design, silicon masks, etc) CPU-sized chips can be produced for less than $10 a piece.  Of course, you have to mark it up to cover development costs and there are additional costs for the board you put it in, but I wouldn't be surprised if they could just pull out the FPGA core from their singles and drop in the ASIC for those who upgrade.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 04:04:44 AM

I can't wait to see what the actual specs of the chips are. I would say there's very little chance that BFL will be producing more than one chip, so whatever is in the Jalapeno is also likely in the Single and the Minirig. If those chips are all running full out that would mean there's 280+ of them in the MiniRig and a dozen of them in the MiniRig. Who knows though, each chip might be capable of 10GH/s and the one in the Jalapeno is downclocked to keep thermals in line.
rupy

Activity: 725

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 07:24:36 AM

The SC probably has 10 ASIC and if you do the 2W for USB calculation it gives you 40GH/s for 20W! If this is true, it's a complete game changer! I'm invested in 5 ztex, so I bought 1GH for the same money that they claim can buy 40GH at half the wattage! Totally unheard of in any circumstances!

My guess is that the whole BFL thing is an intricate scam where they build a real product to then lure a massive amount of prepayments on a product that doesn't exist. Because as a miner you CANNOT pass this opportunity, if this is true you are ruined.

Or BFL has the figures one digit wrong so 0.35, 4 and 100 GH/s...

BANKBOOK GWT Wallet & no-FIAT Billing API
Grouver (BtcBalance)

Activity: 530

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 07:27:59 AM

The SC probably has 10 ASIC and if you do the 2W for USB calculation it gives you 40GH/s for 20W! If this is true, it's a complete game changer! My guess is that the whole BFL thing is an intricate scam where they build a real product to then lure a massive amount of prepayments on a product that doesn't exist. Because as a miner you CANNOT pass this opportunity, if this is true you are ruined. I'm invested in 5 ztex, so I bought 1GH for the same money that they claim can buy 40GH! Totally unheard of in any circumstances!
The problem is clear, and the lack of any repsonse to questions asked via email or the forums makes it all very shady.

Maidak
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058

The OGz Club

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 09:48:44 AM

Not sure if this has been answered yet or not but when will you start accepting paypal for pre-orders I need to upgrade and the only way i personally feel comfortable is with paypal and through my credit card?

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 11:37:38 AM

Not sure if this has been answered yet or not but when will you start accepting paypal for pre-orders I need to upgrade and the only way i personally feel comfortable is with paypal and through my credit card?

Why do you want to scam the BFL merchants by chargeback Huh

Bad !

Use BTC and bank wire only so you can get screwed hard !
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: