Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:38:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Texas Hold'em and Omaha/Omaha8 Poker Room - NL, Limit, Potlimit games  (Read 88118 times)
hippich (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 03:15:29 PM

No idea why anyone would play non-heads up at any stakes other than micros. Collusion is way too easy. Even showing all cards at showdown is not enough. You need skilled people reviewing full hand histories, tracking user IDs, IP addresses, etc. This stuff isn't easy and is why large poker sites have huge Security departments.

But hey, it's a start, keep at it.

I believe at this point we will not have this particular problem due to small size. But if someone suspect non honest game - please report. If it become often enough I will develop tools/policies to review such cases and prevent harm from it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anisoptera

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 04:16:30 PM

I can tell you that at non-micros (NL25+) currently the players at that level all know each other (seth!!!!!) and so we would immediately notice a new player at those limits; any more than one in a day would be a complete abnormality, and definitely arouse suspicion among the current "community". Even having a non-HU game at those stakes is a rarity right now.

(I would actually say this is true for all limits on the site right now, but at micros there are more often newcomers Smiley )

When the site gets bigger we will have to revisit this problem. Hopefully that coincides with the rewrite of the code.

luv2drnkbr

Activity: 793
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 07, 2011, 03:43:11 AM

Cry  Seth won't play me any more

/not-so-thinly-veiled-brag

anisoptera

View Profile
May 07, 2011, 05:36:31 AM

Cry  Seth won't play me any more

/not-so-thinly-veiled-brag

ahaha, are you serious? wow.

eof

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 09:29:16 PM

what is the URL?  i would like to play..  betco.in never has any traffic.
anisoptera

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 09:39:59 PM

what is the URL?  i would like to play..  betco.in never has any traffic.

This thread is for betco.in - https://betco.in . It is the "biggest" BTC poker site currently. There aren't any others. The reason we have no traffic is that no one seems to want to play. I think it is an issue with getting games started - people look at the table list, see 0 players, and leave.

If you want to play and there isn't traffic, sit at a table and do something else until you hear the chime of someone else sitting down. The site has a Twitter account and will tweet when people are sitting and how many. If no one ever sits, games never get started. If someone starts a game, other people join pretty often. The more people in a game, the more attractive it is.

Also, if you sit, I'll probably sit with you and donate BTC to you because it turns out I am terrible. Tongue

Don't go AFK though, it's just as bad to sit at a table with 2 people that aren't even there. If you are actually leaving your computer, stand up Smiley

We are actively working on development of the site; Omaha is coming, and we've been working on other client issues as well. The more people play, the more we'll be able to develop the site.

hippich (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 09:48:04 PM

URL is https://betco.in - there is no alot of players and usually they get in to room during evenings.

HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2011, 09:52:54 PM

Can you add some fun-tables with "virtual" bitcoins? Smiley
So people will be able to test your website without using real bitcoins.

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
hippich (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 10:03:22 PM

Technically this is doable, but it's too much hassle. I have more bigger problems and do not want introduce something which will potentially bring even more problems. So, no. No free tables.

Third Way

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 12:29:36 AM

I'm going to play but there is none around. And this is me willing to bet my last BTC2.50 because I lost quite a bit in blackjack haha. I wish I hadn't gotten scammed when I first started, but such cases I guess. I will be in the small bets room

blease resbond -> 1BYJKxpntNn6TZbM5M5CWkEb8vr8vDcBrr
hippich (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 12:39:17 AM

I'm going to play but there is none around. And this is me willing to bet my last BTC2.50 because I lost quite a bit in blackjack haha. I wish I hadn't gotten scammed when I first started, but such cases I guess. I will be in the small bets room

Thank you Third Way for letting us know!

BTW, this is the best way to get into game - sit at table and post announce (here or in separate topic). Bitcoin forum have a lot of visits and your post will be noticed for sure!

eof

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 12:56:52 AM

sitting right now..
Third Way

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 01:09:35 AM

Well, that;s it for me, EOF had lucks side, and I am now broke. Good Game and good luck to all. Be careful out there, gambling is more addicting than drugs if you don't notice.

eof

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 01:25:16 AM

Well, that;s it for me, EOF had lucks side, and I am now broke. Good Game and good luck to all. Be careful out there, gambling is more addicting than drugs if you don't notice.

sorry thirdway; hope it wasn't your last .4btc !

Admin should note that thirdway said he was folded before seeing cards one hand.
Third Way

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 01:47:52 AM

sorry thirdway; hope it wasn't your last .4btc !

Admin should note that thirdway said he was folded before seeing cards one hand.

It's alright, it was my last 2.50, and I was only playing for fun, not profit. I don't take this personally. Make nothing of it.

eof

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 10:36:57 PM

sitting at the .01/.02 and .02/.04 tables

COME PLAY
eof

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 11:26:53 PM

game going right now..
hippich (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 02:49:39 PM

Today thisweekin.com should do live interview with Gavin and I believe they should touch poker topic as well. I hope it will bring some users too =)

Show should start today at 1pm PST if I am correct - http://twitter.com/TWistartups/status/67800608727498752

accord01

View Profile
May 14, 2011, 04:03:19 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2011, 04:19:02 PM by accord01

Some critical problems with the table structure and software that needs to be addressed:

Table spreads-

The availability of just 1 table .02/.04 limit table and a 2/4 table makes no sense, as.

Having so many hu tables is not really need considering there isn't too much traffic to begin with, it does help to bring in more rake though.  However, limit games bring in more rake then NL, that is a known fact.

The following is a good example as a good spread:

.01/.02 NL ---> 2 regular table, 1 hu table
.02/.04 nl  ---> 2 regular, 1 hu
.05/.10 nl  ---> 2 regular, 1 hu
.10/.25 nl  ---> 1 regular, 1 hu
.25/.50 nl  1 regular 1 hu
.5/1 nl  1 regular 1 hu
1/2 nl x 1

and perhaps a nl 5/10, but there wouldn't be action, atleast not the immediate future.

For limit games, the following should be spread:

2c/4c
10c/20c
25c/50c
.50/1
1/2
and 2/4

i dont think pot limit games are needed, nor the nl 10/20 etc etc.

Structure:

3 Bet cap in limit, needs to be raised to ATLEAST 4 bet cap.

The muck/fold problem.  Normal protocol is the player that has been called or checked to must show first.  Having the person out of position show first no matter what, and the person in position mucking changes a lot.  

Button placement
:

Fold button is way too small in comparison to raise button, it is too close to the raise button.

folding when you have the option to check, this causes a lot of misclicks and problems

delay in clicking, i have clicked a blank screen only to call an allin once the button showed up.

Rake:

Having a 100bb cap is a good ruling.  Another good guideline is to have a 10bb min.  The pot has to be atleast 10bb -100bb to be raked 1%.

For example: i am playing some one in 2c/4c hu limit.  After about a few hours, an entire buyin (1btc) has been raked, because there are so many flops seen in hu, yet the pot is so small.  So basically we lose 1% of our bets every hand, that can get pretty hefty.  And for such a small site, most of the action is HU anyway.

software bugs:

delays in the auto fold auto call check boxes. I once clicked auto call 5cents when my opponent raised it to 5cents, only to call a 20c raise, because someone reraised him, even though i had clicked "call 5c"

Freezing after calling a bet out of position, this gets tough after having to press f5 every other hand.

The sit out problem.  When i try to sit out, it does not allow me to sit out the next hand.  It seem to take 10-30 seconds to work and that could cost someone a lot of money.

The auto post blind problem, self explanatory, "I was just here to sit and chat, but i posted my blind and now i have QQ facing a raise"

I think i covered some of the critical issues that needs to be addressed NOW.  This would definitely help this site to grow, once these things are fixed, i think this site will see a lot more traffic.  There's definitely a lot of good things about this site and great potential, and these things will be greatly appreciated by the customers!

anisoptera

View Profile
May 14, 2011, 06:11:27 PM

Some critical problems with the table structure and software that needs to be addressed:

Table spreads-
This looks like a good spread and we'll probably use it. Thanks! Especially having multiple tables at the same stakes so you can multitable.

You're right that the nosebleeds probably don't need to exist.

We also probably need to enhance the table listing interface to make it easier to find the ones you're interested in. If we had that then we should be able to have two HU tables per stake and have them invisible to people that don't care.

Structure:

3 Bet cap in limit, needs to be raised to ATLEAST 4 bet cap.

The muck/fold problem.  Normal protocol is the player that has been called or checked to must show first.  Having the person out of position show first no matter what, and the person in position mucking changes a lot. 

Eww, didn't know it had a 3bet cap. Ugly. Will fix asap.

We're working on the mucking thing. For now the intended fix is just that everyone shows everything at showdown. We might revisit this after the rewrite.

Button placement
:

Fold button is way too small in comparison to raise button, it is too close to the raise button.

folding when you have the option to check, this causes a lot of misclicks and problems

delay in clicking, i have clicked a blank screen only to call an allin once the button showed up.
The fold button is small because you can click it when you can also check. But maybe it should be next to the check/call button Smiley

Stars lets you open fold, I don't see any reason to disallow this.

The delay is an issue. I suggest using a WebKit-based browser - Chrome or Safari - these have the best JS engines for the site and it's much smoother in these browsers.

Rake:

Having a 100bb cap is a good ruling.  Another good guideline is to have a 10bb min.  The pot has to be atleast 10bb -100bb to be raked 1%.

For example: i am playing some one in 2c/4c hu limit.  After about a few hours, an entire buyin (1btc) has been raked, because there are so many flops seen in hu, yet the pot is so small.  So basically we lose 1% of our bets every hand, that can get pretty hefty.  And for such a small site, most of the action is HU anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion, but we are not going to institute a minimum raked pot size.

No other site does this. I looked up Stars' rake and they don't have a minimum raked pot size - effectively, they do (20c) but only because you can't take less than a penny out of a pot. Our rake is a fifth of theirs at micros. 1btc is also not an entire buyin at any stakes we spread (yet) - there's no such thing as a buyin at limit; 1BTC at 20/40 mBTC is 25BB, hardly high rake for playing a "few hours".

That said, we also don't plan on increasing the rake either. 1% with fractional rake is working really well. We are going to drop the absolute rake cap to 1BTC, because at this point 2BTC is astronomical.

software bugs:

delays in the auto fold auto call check boxes. I once clicked auto call 5cents when my opponent raised it to 5cents, only to call a 20c raise, because someone reraised him, even though i had clicked "call 5c"

Freezing after calling a bet out of position, this gets tough after having to press f5 every other hand.

The sit out problem.  When i try to sit out, it does not allow me to sit out the next hand.  It seem to take 10-30 seconds to work and that could cost someone a lot of money.

The auto post blind problem, self explanatory, "I was just here to sit and chat, but i posted my blind and now i have QQ facing a raise"

We might just end up removing the call X box. I never used it on Stars because of the exact reason you stated. It probably doesn't work right anyway.

We know about the call bet OOP bug, it's really aggravating and we're working on that one Smiley

I've never had a problem with sitting out. I click Sit Out and then the next hand that is dealt I'm out? Don't wait until the end of the hand to sit out; if you know you're going to leave after the current hand, sit out at the beginning.

Don't sit in if you don't want to play. Uncheck the "Sit in" box on the buyin window or don't buy in at all. I can think of worse things than accidentally sitting in and getting QQ Wink

I think i covered some of the critical issues that needs to be addressed NOW.  This would definitely help this site to grow, once these things are fixed, i think this site will see a lot more traffic.  There's definitely a lot of good things about this site and great potential, and these things will be greatly appreciated by the customers!

Definitely. Thanks for the comprehensive suggestions!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: