Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:27:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Texas Hold'em and Omaha/Omaha8 Poker Room - NL, Limit, Potlimit games  (Read 88112 times)
hippich (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 08:53:18 PM

2weiX, this is not walmart-type business, where customer can just come and start bashing everyone including owner, and leave unaffected. Treat this place as private club. If you have problems - contact me and we will resolve 'em (we already did before). this pokermon/superman/whatever_nicks_he_registered is simply troll, who can't even put his money where his mouth is. and instead of apology of his ontilt behavior, he just removes his posts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pokermon919

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 08:59:48 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2011, 09:14:18 PM by pokermon919

uh no I ain't no troll I'm just a concerned player that saw something that is odd. Again I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Good day sir.

Edit: I removed the posts because I didn't want ppl to view your site as a illegitimate site. If you like I can post everything back.
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 01:51:57 PM

2weiX, this is not walmart-type business, where customer can just come and start bashing everyone including owner, and leave unaffected. Treat this place as private club. If you have problems - contact me and we will resolve 'em (we already did before). this pokermon/superman/whatever_nicks_he_registered is simply troll, who can't even put his money where his mouth is. and instead of apology of his ontilt behavior, he just removes his posts.

well, if you have hopes for bitcoin as i do, your business might become the pokerwalmart of bitcoin. wouldnt that be something? as of now, it's a teenie bittie tiny club. i hope it grows - and so will your responsibilities! start planning ahead! :-D

in the discussion i witnessed he offered to let it go and remove his posts. he followed thru. aside from whatever beef you got, that's cool in my book.

bitcoin is a nerdthing - nerds are known to have difficult personalities, to even not be "people persons" sometimes. as far as i can tell, he just lit up the table last night (night HERE, afternoon US). 100+ avg pots! look at the rake, and then tell me that doesnt get you smiling. i know the people at that table were!

anyhow - see you at the tables.

hippich (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 02:35:41 PM

well, if you have hopes for bitcoin as i do, your business might become the pokerwalmart of bitcoin. wouldnt that be something? as of now, it's a teenie bittie tiny club. i hope it grows - and so will your responsibilities! start planning ahead! :-D

I wish it become second PS, but even if it will get there - i will take a while. Right now I have very limited number of users and will not allow bashing lucky one just 'cos he went all in several times and won. This is small party and I would like to keep it friendly.

And just like I said before, any accusation of somebody of cheating - is accusation of my project being cheat-able. And since this is very small project - I care about what people says. Once it will be PS (fingers crossed =)) I and other players will not even notice guys like pokermon =) So problem will disappear by itself.

in the discussion i witnessed he offered to let it go and remove his posts. he followed thru. aside from whatever beef you got, that's cool in my book.

Most of the time I stay to what I said. I would like keep this in history so other people could expect certain things.

anyhow - see you at the tables.

I am really bad at poker =) For my history playing just on betco.in I lost about 300+ coins... That's too much for me. May be eventually at 0.01/0.02 tables... =)))

Trayber

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 02:50:39 PM

LOL at becoming the next Pokerstars. You are kidding right? Soon legislation will pass to legalize online poker in the US and then it will only be a matter of time before licenses are issued for poker rooms to open up. Then your site will be a complete ghost town. It almost already is except for a few die hards that want to play poker. I had fun on the site back when there was a lot of action a few weeks back but now its mostly filled up with nit regs who wait for kings or aces. The problems with lag, timing out, not seeing your cards was just too overwhelming to continue playing. Its also not fun when you get it all in preflop vs someone and you don't even get to see the board run out. It just tells you lost or won without any drama. You don't even get to see the cards to see how you lost until you muck the hand. Simply awful and not exciting. Also there seems to be  situations of people opening up multiple accounts and its just to anonymous for my liking. Many of your regs have multiple screen names or simply change them once they have played to long on one account so people cant quickly identify their playing style. It seems very hard to control security and creates situations for rampant cheating to exist. You seem like a good guy Hippich but this is not going to be the next pokerstars. Your only main appeal is to US players as foreigners don't need to play on a crappy software site like bitcoin poker they have many options to choose from the big name poker sites and most US players have no clue what bitcoins even are.
hippich (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 02:59:23 PM

trayber, my target is not being pokerstar. it would be nice, but believe me, i do software development for living, and i understand what it involves to get near PS level.

I just enjoy the ride building what i like. and this is primary reason why i reacted like this to pokermon accusations - this is very personal project.

Now, calm down and if you know any good developers (or may be you are the one one?!) who can hep with theses issues (not for free, but their changes will be available as a part of the whole open source project), give me a lead to them.

2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 05:18:51 PM

Flipping OMAHA 8 on INSTIS 4

0,02 BTC STACKS!

Litt

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 06:15:03 AM

I was not only threatened by the admin that he will lock my funds without any proof of wrong doing, the admin thinks the money is his once it's in the site for gameplay. I was accused of logging on multiple accounts and playing on the same table which I have never done. I only changed the account names and moved the funds. When I asked about being limited to only one account name, I did not even get a response. There is no way he can prove that I was playing in a same hand on two different accounts ever. If you can, I ask the admin to provide this proof.

The REAL issue was that I was using up the entire timer allowed each time I was given a turn because I use the style to throw people off that are impatient. Now admin obvious doesn't like this because hand/hour goes down and rake goes down. Apparently some people complained about my issue with taking my time, which I am allowed by design, and admin had the nerve to come in and accuse me of something I didn't do, then proceeded to make THREATS TO HOLD MY BTC LIKE IT WAS HIS TO KEEP! This is utter nonsense. What a pitiful joke... CAN YOU TRUST THIS SITE WITH YOUR MONEY?

Not only that This site is full of cheats and tag teaming idiots. Not to mention a huge A Hole for an admin who is infinitely immature and selfish with complete disregard to fairness and completely ignoring his own rules and design of software.

He thinks that he can have some kind of power over you because he is holding your funds. What a joke. DO NOT USE THIS SITE UNLESS YOU ARE OK WITH GETTING YOUR FUND LOCKED IF ADMIN FEELS LIKE IT. I'M DEFINITELY ACCUSING THE ADMIN OF ABUSING HIS OWNERSHIP OF THE SITE.

I would direct everyone to go to a much better built site. BTConTILT.com. This place is utter joke run by some angry guy who doesn't know how to run a real business.
hippich (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 06:23:26 AM

as i said before - this is private club. i want people to be nice to each other. if one player drives crazy 9 other players at the table - i will kick him out.

now, i never said you were using many account in the SAME time. I said you had more then one account. This is separate topic if this should be allowed or no, but I tend to agree it should be allowed as long as this is the only "problem" player cause to other players. In the end - nobody even will notice that.

Now, you were able to withdraw your funds. But if I would notice you using same account at the same time at the same table - believe me, your account would be locked before anyone complain. And yes - i will do what I feel right to do since I am _admin_ of the site.

Litt

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 06:40:25 AM

as i said before - this is private club. i want people to be nice to each other. if one player drives crazy 9 other players at the table - i will kick him out.

now, i never said you were using many account in the SAME time. I said you had more then one account. This is separate topic if this should be allowed or no, but I tend to agree it should be allowed as long as this is the only "problem" player cause to other players. In the end - nobody even will notice that.

Now, you were able to withdraw your funds. But if I would notice you using same account at the same time at the same table - believe me, your account would be locked before anyone complain. And yes - i will do what I feel right to do since I am _admin_ of the site.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. You think you are trying to make it sound like you don't allow cheating, but you know exactly what you did and what you said to me. What utter nonsense this is... You trying to come here and trying to make it sounds like something other than your own greed and power tripping.

You think you can keep people's money if you feel like it because you are the admin which is wrong on so many levels for a poker site. And because you think this is OK, you feel that you can make THREATS to players saying you will close account without refund if they do anything that messes with your profit within your private poker club. WHAT MORON WOULD PLAY THERE?

Play at btcontilt.com where the admin doesn't make threats to keep your money because you are playing the way you want.
anisoptera

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 06:41:24 AM

You think you can keep people's money if you feel like it because you are the admin which is wrong on so many levels for a poker site. And because you think this is OK, you feel that you can make THREATS to players saying you will close account without refund if they do anything that messes with your profit within your private poker club. WHAT MORON WOULD PLAY THERE?

I dunno. A lot of people play at PokerStars and they have similar policies. Are they morons?

hippich (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 06:47:44 AM

players saying you will close account without refund if they do anything that messes with your profit within your private poker club.

correction: messes with players playing here.

2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 06:57:49 AM

I dunno. A lot of people play at PokerStars and they have similar policies. Are they morons?

People played at Full Tilt, amirite? And no, they weren't. And yes, Full Tilt embezzled funds. The worlds #2 poker site! UB poker had a player who could see everyone else's holecards! I cannot blame anyone who plays on a "home-coded" site to at least be very attentive and maybe overcautious.

BTT:
If someone uses all their time bank every hand, let them. Move to a faster table. That's what I do, call people over there and play quicker. Worked fine last night! I personally hate it and I think it's rude to use this tactic, but hey, I'll waste my breath on other things.

Now even if it's a private club, the owner needs to be held to the highest standards and assure the safety and comfort of all players. This involves "proving" that nothing's wrong - chat histories, hand histories (for analysis for statistical anomalies) etc etc.

aren't we all libertarians at heart? isn't transparency what we strive to achieve?
Litt

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 08:09:06 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2011, 08:59:13 AM by Litt

DOUBLE POST
anisoptera

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 08:33:40 AM

As we all know, capital letters mean that people will definitely listen to what you have to say.

Litt

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 08:56:16 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2011, 10:37:14 AM by Litt

All I did was use up my timer and bet out small amounts when it was my turn. I did not do anything wrong or directly break any rules that were stated anywhere on the website.

Now tell me exactly how me taking my time betting using the timer on the site "abusing players"? Don't you mean "abusing your profits"? Am I not supposed to trying "abuse" other players and pressure them so I can win? What is this some poker fairytale?

If I'm playing to win, it's my job to make the position of the other players as uncomfortable as possible. You want me to play so that people like me on the site? Are you joking?
IT'S BAD ENOUGH THERE ARE CHEATING TAG TEAMS THERE ALL THE TIME PLAYING.

What rule do any other sites have regarding using their timer to the full extent and betting out in small amounts? If I have broken any rule, I would not be complaining. I apparently got on the admin's nerves for slowing down the rate and hands/hour along with a few players that couldn't handle the play-style of mine and cried about it to the admin on IRC. IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE TO ME OR ANYONE ELSE THAT GREED WAS THE REASON FOR YOUR TANTRUM.

I NEVER logged on and played on multiple accounts, yet it is the FIRST THING ADMINS ACCUSES ME OF WRONG DOING PROCEEDED BY A THREAT TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNTS WITH FUNDS IN THEM. Admins then comes in and basically says here on the thread that I"m lucky I got the money out before I posted this while making some lame excuse about how if I actually did multi-logged then he would have ALREADY held the money. YES WE KNOW YOU WISH YOU HAD THE CHANCE TO KEEP MY MONEY. YOU JUST WANT AN EXCUSE TO DO IT. NO DIFFERENT THAN POLICE LOOKING FOR AN EXCUSE TO LOCK YOU UP OR SHOOT YOU FOR RESISTING ARREST. HOW PATHETIC YOU ARE. ABUSING THE LITTLE TINNNNNNNY BIT OF POWER YOU HAVE AS AN ADMIN OF A POKER WEB SITE THAT FILLS UP MAYBE TWO FULL TABLES ON A GOOD DAY. YOU ARE THE REASON WHY BITCOIN WAS CREATED AND THE CENTRAL BANKS BEHAVE THE WAY THEY DO. PATHETIC PARASITE.

if you are someone who knows how to critically think for yourself and not some drone, you would obviously see where I'm coming from. And I know people here will agree with me on this. I'm 100% not on the wrong here. Not even a little bit. Otherwise I would not be taking such extreme side. Consider this a valuable lesson in karma that you spoke so highly of in your previous posts.

The admin has proven time and time again on this very thread how childish and limited he is in his capacity is to think beyond justifying his obvious shortcomings in common sense.

I WOULD STAY FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE FROM THIS PLACE IF YOU LIKE KEEPING YOUR MONEY.
2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 09:17:08 AM

All I did was use up my timer and bet out small amounts when it was my turn. I did not do anything wrong or directly break any rules that were stated anywhere on the website.

Now tell me exactly how me taking my time betting using the timer on the site "abusing players"? Don't you mean "abusing your profits"? Am I not supposed to trying "abuse" other players and pressure them so I can win? What is this some poker fairytale?

If I'm playing to win, it's my job to make the position of the other players as uncomfortable as possible. You want me to play so that people like me on the site? Are you joking?

What rule do any other sites have regarding using their timer to the full extent and betting out in small amounts? If I have broken any rule, I would not be complaining. I apparently got on the admin's nerves for slowing down the rate and hands/hour along with a few players that couldn't handle the play-style of mine and cried about it to the admin on IRC. IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE TO ME OR ANYONE ELSE THAT GREED WAS THE REASON FOR YOUR TANTRUM.

The timer is there so people can think if thought is needed or that people on bad connections dont get diso'd and have some time to reconnect before their hand is folded.

It is NOT REPEAT NOT the purpose of the clock to enable players to piss other players off and/or stall the game for strategic reasons. You are in fact, and I say this with all due neutrality "abusing" this function. While well within the scope of "legal" tactics, it's widely agreed upon that it sucks donkeyballs. Noone can do shit to stop you from doing it, but noone will want to play with you.

I did ask the admin to make the clock faster, he simply told me to go to another, quicker table and thats what I did. With the rake being as little as it is and with only two or so table open at any time I sincerely doubt that you're really interfering with the "profits" of the site, unless you were playing at a full table of 500/1000 No Limit ^^
Litt

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 09:48:44 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2011, 10:35:17 AM by Litt

The timer is there so people can think if thought is needed or that people on bad connections dont get diso'd and have some time to reconnect before their hand is folded.

It is NOT REPEAT NOT the purpose of the clock to enable players to piss other players off and/or stall the game for strategic reasons. You are in fact, and I say this with all due neutrality "abusing" this function. While well within the scope of "legal" tactics, it's widely agreed upon that it sucks donkeyballs. Noone can do shit to stop you from doing it, but noone will want to play with you.

I did ask the admin to make the clock faster, he simply told me to go to another, quicker table and thats what I did. With the rake being as little as it is and with only two or so table open at any time I sincerely doubt that you're really interfering with the "profits" of the site, unless you were playing at a full table of 500/1000 No Limit ^^

Not trying to pick an argument as I see where your view is coming from, but where does it say that I cannot use the time that I am allowed? It's is exactly as you put it, "legal". If I need to take time on each bet, then I will use it every time. Just because "you" or anyone else think that it sucks "donkeyballs" still doesn't make it wrong. I am free to play as I please within the rules of the website and it's software. That is the end of the story. I did not cheat or do anything that was not allowed from the very beginning. Just because few people went crying to mommy doesn't mean it can all be turned upside down. In fact, the admin himself addressed much of the same issue about delays in the past by telling people to deal with it by going to shorter timer rooms, but why is it different this time including threats?

Oh I'm sure it was about money and nothing else. I know it because he told me first thing as he came in the room telling a LIE saying it was because I was "MULTI LOGGING" he was in there giving me the warning. I repeat, I NEVER multi logged and played a single hand on two accounts together EVER. This was CLEARLY NOT THE REAL REASON AND WE BOTH KNOW IT. He's now talking out of his ass saying he didn't say EXACTLY this. So if it is NOT this reason, then what is? MONEY OBVIOUSLY. In fact, when I asked directly back to the admin to explain how I was multi logging he left because he knew that I never did such thing. He was only there to use that as a leverage to make this threat sound more fitting and plausible. So it's like labeling me first a "terrorist"/"cheater" for something i did not do, then proceeded to threaten me of "forced military action"/"holding my btc" against me. Awesome. I mean I would love to subject myself voluntarily to situations like this... if I were a mindless idiot.

When there is only one table running and I'm slow in betting turning players away, I'm lowering the profit down purposely in the admins eyes. The admin has no regards for my freedom to play as I choose. Whatever profit rake was making does get effected more or less directly proportionally to time and hands/hour. This is not debatable. It is a fact. Amount being large or small is irrelevant here simply because at the time of this incident there was only one single table up and running. Any percentage of slowing down directly will effect the amount of rake produced. It is the only other thing that is more or less directly proportional outside of hand/hour. To say that this had no effect on this actions is being shortsighted imho.

I, too, want to know if there actually was another reason. They will probably claim that it was to "protect" it's player base. Just like how U.S Homeland security is there to "protect" it's citizens. Yeah... right. It's NOT their job to protect other players chips from me. Their job is to facilitate the game and fair play. That is it.If they just came out and said I was ruining their business and they won't allow my act from the get go, at least that would have been an honest move. I wouldn't have argued with that at all actually because it's easy to understand his situation for a startup website. I would have stopped if he explained the issue to me the right way because I personally liked the site despite it's shortcomings being a pioneer somewhat.

2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 09:55:14 AM

Not trying to pick an argument as I see where your view is coming from, but where does it say that I cannot use the time that I am allowed? It's is exactly as you put it, "legal". If I need to take time on each bet, then I will use it every time. Just because "you" or anyone else think that it sucks "donkeyballs" still doesn't make it wrong. I am free to play as I please within the rules of the website and it's software. That is the end of the story. I did not cheat or do anything that was not allowed from the very beginning. Just because few people went crying to mommy doesn't mean it can all be turned upside down. In fact, the admin himself addressed much of the same issue about delays in the past by telling people to deal with it by going to shorter timer rooms, but why is it different this time including threats?

No need to argue, this discussion is as old as onlinepoker itself.  i myself am using "timing tells" now and then, but again, it's my personal opinion that using the clock the way you are doing is a prime example of lawyering asshattery and for that reason i play with the 30s tables if i can.

whatever is between you and the admin, i cannot judge. since shit is hitting the fan almost every day now, i suggest SOMEONE bring some chatlogs.
Litt

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 10:08:46 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2011, 10:41:03 AM by Litt

One thing we can agree on is that shit is hitting the fan every day nowadays and it's not hard to see why from where I'm standing. You call it "lawyering asshattery", I call logical thinking.

Based on that, I was not in the wrong from any angle. You can't just change a right from wrong no matter how much "asshattery" there is. Neither I nor the admin can change the facts. Just because you think it's "lawyering asshattery" or "annoyingly slow" doesn't mean you can just bend the existing system way you want to abuse it. And certainly not by creating lies to justify making an undeserved threat. That is the true "asshattery" you are talking about. Not what I'm trying to do.

The fact is you are only allowed to act such way because the SYSTEM ALLOWS IT ALREADY. If it wasn't allowed, I couldn't have done it.

Fact is that the recent debacles speak for themselves.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: