Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:14:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 128899 times)
syscooling

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 01:38:09 AM

Hi all,
My C1's pump broke, no worky...
is there any place in the US where to buy a replacement? i know syscooling carries it, but it seems to be sent from China...
anyone found a replacement that can be used? thanks
While you searching for replacements in USA,you could contact us to ask for RMA,please send emails to watercooling@ysun.net with pictures or short video.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 03:31:25 AM

Most high end power supplies have a power switch already and you don't need to use that huge long power line. This one is for the Corsair and Seasonic models. It doesn't have the pins in it, but all you need to do is pull a couple wires out of an old power supply or pretty much anywhere and stick them in I think slots 4 and 5.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/21185/ele-1200/FrozenCPU_ConnectRight_14-Pin_Female_PSU_Power_Connector_-_Corsair_Seasonic_-_Black.html?id=cKjRoZ8z&mv_pc=217

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 03:52:14 AM

With the upcoming diff spike and and the currant BTC price, prices for miners are becoming less attractive. Things are going to get interesting. I was about to pickup another C1 because of the quietness over the new S5s, but with the current conditions buying these miners is starting to become hard to rationalize. I hope BITMAIN continues to make water cooled models when & if things turn around.

With BTC now under $300 there is no sense to buy anything. I would suspect people are shutting more hardware off then buying new stuff.

I'll be selling my 2 Spondoolie SP10's very soon, since I can only co-locate them and I get charged $150/month for that. An SP10 makes about $150/month so I'm just wasting energy right now. It would be perfect for the guy who can run it from his home or doesn't have to pay electricity.

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 04:07:06 AM

I believe 2 of my pumps are starting to fail. They are making a kind of a rubbing sound and I don't think they are pushing the coolant through as much as they should, hence the higher temps. If I have to buy cooling parts all the time for this miner, I'll never break even. It is very unfortunate that the miners seem to be doing just fine, but all the cooling packages are failing or having troubles. It is quite frustrating! I'd love to buy all EK pumps, but spending $100 on each pump just doesn't make sense since the whole miner cost a little over $300.

Photon939

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 04:59:48 AM

It's rather amazing how poor quality those pumps are, I've been keeping my C1 cool with one of these little guys http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-DC-CPU-Cooling-CAR-Brushless-Water-Oil-Pump-Waterproof-Submersible-AP-/121458053302?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c4776d0b6

$6, no problems at all.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 06:58:24 AM

I believe 2 of my pumps are starting to fail. They are making a kind of a rubbing sound and I don't think they are pushing the coolant through as much as they should, hence the higher temps. If I have to buy cooling parts all the time for this miner, I'll never break even. It is very unfortunate that the miners seem to be doing just fine, but all the cooling packages are failing or having troubles. It is quite frustrating! I'd love to buy all EK pumps, but spending $100 on each pump just doesn't make sense since the whole miner cost a little over $300.

There is a video someone posted earlier from syscooling.  You might try it and see if cleaning around the motor helps.  If you have one of the early pumps that was dry tested, it's possible it's plastic rubbing.   

I would try it on one to see if it helps.  I don't want you to do both and go through trouble on both if you get no results from it.
LvcianX

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 01:59:08 PM

Hello all, I've been following this thread since page 40 and I need your help.

I bought an Antminer C1 a couple of weeks ago and after changing it to a new location and internet I'm still trying to access it through 192.168.1.99. I had already set it to DHCP at my previous location and it worked fine; it mined for about 20hours.
Here at the new location at first I could see that my router had assigned 192.168.1.101 to the Antminer so I was able to access it through that direction but it wouldn't mine; so I changed it to Static (without writing ANYTHING, no numbers at all on the spaces below "Static") and clicked "Save and Apply" in order to change it again to DHCP afterwards hoping that it would reset the connection of DHCP and star mining.

After that I've been unable to find it using 192.168.1.99 nor 192.168.1.101 (previously assigned) and I have even tried 192.168.1.199 but nothing works. I downloaded a program to scan every device on the net and see its direction but the Antminer does not appear listed. I've also tried to connect to the miner directly with an ethernet cable to my PC but it can't find anything at 192.168.1.99. (even changing the 192.168.1.1 thing on control panel and the properties blabla) I've tried to reset it using the button on top of the ethernet connection but it seems NOT to work, I've tried many times with 3s, 5s, 10s, even 90seconds and nothing, it does not even produce a sound or change of light.

What can I do to connect to my miner?? I would greatly appreciate any help you could provide me, thank you very much in advance.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 02:14:38 PM

Regarding the reset button, what worked on an S3 was to shut it down 60 seconds, fire up while mashing the reset REPEATEDLY and quickly for about 30 seconds then a long hold down then release.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 02:52:48 PM

One EK pump would do 2x C1s easily, potentially more if you want. I still feel the cheapest method is RMA via syscooling as you can purchase additional spare fans for next to nothing compared to local pumps. You could probably get 5 spare pumps for half the price of an EK.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 02:58:40 PM

I bought an Antminer C1 a couple of weeks ago and after changing it to a new location and internet I'm still trying to access it through 192.168.1.99. I had already set it to DHCP at my previous location and it worked fine; it mined for about 20hours.
Here at the new location at first I could see that my router had assigned 192.168.1.101 to the Antminer so I was able to access it through that direction but it wouldn't mine; so I changed it to Static (without writing ANYTHING, no numbers at all on the spaces below "Static") and clicked "Save and Apply" in order to change it again to DHCP afterwards hoping that it would reset the connection of DHCP and star mining.

After that I've been unable to find it using 192.168.1.99 nor 192.168.1.101 (previously assigned) and I have even tried 192.168.1.199 but nothing works. I downloaded a program to scan every device on the net and see its direction but the Antminer does not appear listed. I've also tried to connect to the miner directly with an ethernet cable to my PC but it can't find anything at 192.168.1.99. (even changing the 192.168.1.1 thing on control panel and the properties blabla) I've tried to reset it using the button on top of the ethernet connection but it seems NOT to work, I've tried many times with 3s, 5s, 10s, even 90seconds and nothing, it does not even produce a sound or change of light.

What can I do to connect to my miner?? I would greatly appreciate any help you could provide me, thank you very much in advance.

Currently you won't find the C1 anywhere as its not got a static IP entered. First step is trying the reset button until you see ethernet flashing (and then it will go back to 192.168.1.99). If that doesn't work, open the case and the SD card. Download SD card imager and use it to flash the backup SD card image I put up in post #2.

Once you're back and able to connect, please post screenshots of the configuration and status pages and we'll get you sorted out. DHCP is much preferred as it eliminates a whole set of potential problems.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 03:00:36 PM

Odd.  Today my wattage rose from 845 yesterday, includes pump, to 880 watts.  Also this evening my hashrate was down around 950.  Radiator is in the window drawing in 25.4°F air.  I tried the GUI reboot for the first time.  The unit wattage dropped to 220 watts (generally 145 watts when starting cold) then picked up to ~500 watts.  The GUI said I was only getting about 500GH/s and no temperature was registering.  After a minute of this I shut it down (sent halt from ssh) then killed power, let sit for 60 seconds and reapplied power.  Started at 145 watts then up to 820 watts and after 8 minutes getting 968GH/s(avg) and rising.  Temperatures are still reading 0 on all 4 chains.  Disconnecting a fan....

I don't think the cause of the power creep has ever been confirmed, but it may be to do with misbehaving chips (which also cause the hashrate drop). Hard shutdowns are much preferred to fix chip problems, as as you experienced a soft reset just tends to drop the entire board out.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:02:07 PM

Did you change netmask, gateway, and dns to proper entries? (You can use ipconfig on PC to get what to put in them)

To get it back if you cannot get to it now you can use SD image in 2nd post.  It is very easy to fix this by doing that.  
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 04:16:09 PM

Odd.  Today my wattage rose from 845 yesterday, includes pump, to 880 watts.  Also this evening my hashrate was down around 950.  Radiator is in the window drawing in 25.4°F air.  I tried the GUI reboot for the first time.  The unit wattage dropped to 220 watts (generally 145 watts when starting cold) then picked up to ~500 watts.  The GUI said I was only getting about 500GH/s and no temperature was registering.  After a minute of this I shut it down (sent halt from ssh) then killed power, let sit for 60 seconds and reapplied power.  Started at 145 watts then up to 820 watts and after 8 minutes getting 968GH/s(avg) and rising.  Temperatures are still reading 0 on all 4 chains.  Disconnecting a fan....

I don't think the cause of the power creep has ever been confirmed, but it may be to do with misbehaving chips (which also cause the hashrate drop). Hard shutdowns are much preferred to fix chip problems, as as you experienced a soft reset just tends to drop the entire board out.

I wonder if anyone has tried cooking an Antminer board.  I'm not sure if it was on this C1 thread or the S3 thread but someone posted a photo of an IC blown off the board along side a missing capacitor.  (Had been on the S3 thread but photos removed by poster.)  Where the IC was gone you can see the underside ground plane having a grid of thru holes to the ground plane of the other side of the PCB.  A common cause of IC failure is when that ground plane under the IC isn't soldered sufficiently and a small gap exists.  Cooking a PCB in an oven reflows the solder and often repairs that ground plane soldering.  On the other hand some ASICs just perform less well than others, e.g. not having a full complement of functioning engines which wouldn't be helped at all by cooking the PCB.  BFL was notorious for vetting the ASICs and routing products containing poorly performing ASICs to customers who didn't pay a surcharge.  If you didn't pay the surcharge you'd likely get a miner that ran almost 10% under specs.  Cooking wouldn't help those.
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 04:22:33 PM

It's rather amazing how poor quality those pumps are, I've been keeping my C1 cool with one of these little guys http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-DC-CPU-Cooling-CAR-Brushless-Water-Oil-Pump-Waterproof-Submersible-AP-/121458053302?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c4776d0b6

$6, no problems at all.

Those are water fountain / fish tank pumps which do work, but have half the pushing power and height as the C1 rated pump. They also have no reservoir, unless you have that pump sitting inside a small bucket of coolant or something?

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 04:30:45 PM

$6, no problems at all.

Those are water fountain / fish tank pumps which do work, but have half the pushing power and height as the C1 rated pump. They also have no reservoir, unless you have that pump sitting inside a small bucket of coolant or something?

From the specs that one is rated around 1/2 of volume pushed.   I would guess it's partially based on ambient temperature.  If OP has very cold ambient it will cool the coolant when in the tube, not just in the radiator.

Personally I would not go this route but I know a few through this thread have.  You would use anything that holds water and is big enough to put it in as a reservoir.  Reservoir's are not really anything special.
LvcianX

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:18:04 PM

Currently you won't find the C1 anywhere as its not got a static IP entered. First step is trying the reset button until you see ethernet flashing (and then it will go back to 192.168.1.99). If that doesn't work, open the case and the SD card. Download SD card imager and use it to flash the backup SD card image I put up in post #2.

Once you're back and able to connect, please post screenshots of the configuration and status pages and we'll get you sorted out. DHCP is much preferred as it eliminates a whole set of potential problems.

I'm able to connect to the miner again but it's not hashing. Here are the screenshots:

http://s4.postimg.org/7efg8on4t/Config_Adv_C1_Antminer.jpg

http://s4.postimg.org/kjuyesh0d/Config_Gen_C1_Antminer.jpg

http://s4.postimg.org/9yfogj02l/Net_Set_C1_Antminer.jpg

http://s9.postimg.org/yxowbbtvz/Status_C1_Antminer.jpg
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 09:53:13 PM

I'm able to connect to the miner again but it's not hashing. Here are the screenshots:

What PSU are you using?

SDRebel

Activity: 569
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:51:24 PM

Hi all,
My C1's pump broke, no worky...
is there any place in the US where to buy a replacement? i know syscooling carries it, but it seems to be sent from China...
anyone found a replacement that can be used? thanks
While you searching for replacements in USA,you could contact us to ask for RMA,please send emails to watercooling@ysun.net with pictures or short video.
thanks, will do that.
dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 01:43:49 AM

Who run the C1 with hot ambient temperatur. If the temperature is hotter than 30C in the room. I want to know if the miner is still stable?
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 01:58:46 AM

Who run the C1 with hot ambient temperatur. If the temperature is hotter than 30C in the room. I want to know if the miner is still stable?

I've run up to 40C, seems fine if you had 3 more slow rpm fans to the rear of the radiator.

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: