Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:25:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 128918 times)
Xyver

Activity: 281
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 06:45:04 AM

Hello, I'm actually trying to UNDERclock the C1, but the SSH isn't working... I'm trying to follow the same steps that I would to under/overclock a S3, but its not working.

I can get in, end up at root@AntC1:~#, but when I try to vim /etc/config/asic-freq/ it says vim not found, and if I try to use vi it opens a blank document.

Any ideas?

Why aren't you just going into the GUI menu and selecting the Advanced tab?

Oh my god this is amazing.  Thank you!
rpandassociates

Activity: 174

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:27:45 AM

Hey dogie I got a question for you Smiley
My hashrate is always all over the place on the pool side  it goes from 700-1000+ up and down all day like a roller coaster in the last 35 mins it has wen from 980 down to 746 back up to 1020 it does this all day long up and down up and down

Could my router be causing this?
I am using this router http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/FS726S750_Manual.pdf the FS750 model
it appears to be a 10/100mbs full duplex router with a gigabit feed module (AG711T module) Copper Gigabit Module Insert - 1000BASE-T  http://support.netgear.com/product/AG711T  that hooks to my brighthouse networks modem that i have 10(MBS)down 3(MBS) up speed package

I get a bit of confusion with these speed ratings
all my antminers together push 3.5 TH/s hashrate how does do convert into internet speed bandwidth requirements?

is a 10/100mbs router switch good enough for hashing?

all my antminer S3's run prettty stable but this C1 is all over the place
Or is it something to do with the connection to the pool. The pools at fault? I just can not believe this roller coaster on the hashrate graph on the pools dashboard. So much variance.

I am mining at https://mining.bitcoinaffiliatenetwork.com/index.php?page=gettingstarted I have tried ports 3333 and 3335 and get the same roller coaster hashrates on their graphing

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 07:42:19 AM

Could my router be causing this?

No, router problems would look different.

I get a bit of confusion with these speed ratings. all my antminers together push 3.5 TH/s hashrate how does do convert into internet speed bandwidth requirements?

Network bandwidth per miner with an appropriate difficulty set is ~1 Kb/s, so you could run approximately 1,500 miners on your connection before bandwidth was limiting. Even then, you could just increase miner difficulty.

is a 10/100mbs router switch good enough for hashing?

So... yes.

all my antminer S3's run prettty stable but this C1 is all over the place. Or is it something to do with the connection to the pool. The pools at fault? I just can not believe this roller coaster on the hashrate graph on the pools dashboard. So much variance.

1) Can you post a picture of the graph please?
2) What are the long term averages, as that is what matters. Miner hash rate varies with random variance, so zooming in too much is incorrect.
3) What miner difficulty do you have set? Running each miner as its own worker or combined on one miner?
4) Can you post a picture of the C1's status page please?

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 07:42:57 AM

Hello, I'm actually trying to UNDERclock the C1, but the SSH isn't working... I'm trying to follow the same steps that I would to under/overclock a S3, but its not working.

I can get in, end up at root@AntC1:~#, but when I try to vim /etc/config/asic-freq/ it says vim not found, and if I try to use vi it opens a blank document.

Any ideas?

Why aren't you just going into the GUI menu and selecting the Advanced tab?

Oh my god this is amazing.  Thank you!

I assumed you were doing something more adventurous so I didn't mention it Tongue

rpandassociates

Activity: 174

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:43:06 PM

Yup sure can
Heres a 8 hour graph it refreshes everytime i log in so this only spans 30 or so minutes
But as you can see its all over the place and does not match whats in my C1 miner panel
I have tried their geo location servers and manually selecting the nearest server by city name
Have tried all ports 3333 3334 and 3335 which seems to be the most stable of the 3 (3335) is for antminers and dragon miners with a minimum difficulty 2048
I love the pool they seem to be the most steady payout I earn more there than at ghash or antpool
I make the most at slushs but his recent long series of no luck I just cant mine there for 2-3 blocks ad day so i classified him as high risk high reward Smiley

now when i do a fresh conect to the pool the graph skyrockets to like 1060GHs but slowly winds back down to the rollercoaster

and just a fresh one Smiley you can see it briefly goes over 1000GHs only to ride back down
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 12:17:27 PM

Yup sure can

Slap them on BTCGuild for a speed run. Who knows what is going on at that pool.

opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2015, 05:21:45 PM

Bubbleman is back!

I bought 6 total C1's and I have just one that constantly gives me problems. I haven't cleared the bubble situation completely yet, because soon as I move my radiator around all the air pockets that accumulated over time spits out into the pump, creating more bubbles. The highest temperature I've seen on it was 41C, so I won't worry about it much. And it is hashing over 1000Gh/s but have to keep the voltages at 755 on all of them to get that speed, which uses more electricity. I have to check out my electric bill soon to see what I'm paying, I could be wasting money here not even realizing yet.

And yet, another question. On ALL my C1's I have all the tubes are still clear. You can see right through them. No residue or anything on the inside, EXCEPT that one damn C1 I'm always having trouble with. While I was troubleshooting my bubble issue I noticed the hose going from the miner to the radiator was a weird color. So I emptied out some of the coolant and replaced that host with a fresh new one. Now the new hose is starting to form this algae or whatever it is inside the hose. This is just a matter of days to a week here. Should not happen. I have used nothing else in the loop except the coolant recommended by Dogie in the first post. All my other C1's are running this same coolant and all 5 of them still have clear hoses. All except this one C1. It's like a cursed C1. What could be causing this green crap to stick on the inside of the hose? Any sugggestions? All the other hoses in the loop are fine. Just the one hose. It seems every weekend I have a weird baffling issue with this C1. I guess it doesn't like me. Here is a picture so you know what I'm talking about.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 07:23:50 AM

Bubbleman is back!

I bought 6 total C1's and I have just one that constantly gives me problems. I haven't cleared the bubble situation completely yet, because soon as I move my radiator around all the air pockets that accumulated over time spits out into the pump, creating more bubbles. The highest temperature I've seen on it was 41C, so I won't worry about it much. And it is hashing over 1000Gh/s but have to keep the voltages at 755 on all of them to get that speed, which uses more electricity. I have to check out my electric bill soon to see what I'm paying, I could be wasting money here not even realizing yet.

And yet, another question. On ALL my C1's I have all the tubes are still clear. You can see right through them. No residue or anything on the inside, EXCEPT that one damn C1 I'm always having trouble with. While I was troubleshooting my bubble issue I noticed the hose going from the miner to the radiator was a weird color. So I emptied out some of the coolant and replaced that host with a fresh new one. Now the new hose is starting to form this algae or whatever it is inside the hose. This is just a matter of days to a week here. Should not happen. I have used nothing else in the loop except the coolant recommended by Dogie in the first post. All my other C1's are running this same coolant and all 5 of them still have clear hoses. All except this one C1. It's like a cursed C1. What could be causing this green crap to stick on the inside of the hose? Any sugggestions? All the other hoses in the loop are fine. Just the one hose. It seems every weekend I have a weird baffling issue with this C1. I guess it doesn't like me. Here is a picture so you know what I'm talking about.

Hmm. The presence of algae suggests you've got open air access somewhere. Has your fluid level been dropping over time?

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 02:10:57 PM

Bubbleman is back!

Hmm. The presence of algae suggests you've got open air access somewhere. Has your fluid level been dropping over time?

Fluid level has been fine since I filled it only 3/4 of the way. Soon as those air pockets start to fill up in the radiator. I notice the reservoir rise up a little. The question is, why is it happening to only one tube in the loop? All the other ones are fine. This one C1 is making me nuts. I haven't had to touch to the other ones since I got them. This one running in my kitchen for a little heat I've had to spend quite some time on it.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 05:30:48 PM

Bubbleman is back!

Fluid level has been fine since I filled it only 3/4 of the way. Soon as those air pockets start to fill up in the radiator. I notice the reservoir rise up a little. The question is, why is it happening to only one tube in the loop? All the other ones are fine. This one C1 is making me nuts. I haven't had to touch to the other ones since I got them. This one running in my kitchen for a little heat I've had to spend quite some time on it.

Weird things will happen local to a leak. It could be a leak which isn't really submerged so you're not losing fluid.

mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 12:54:30 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2015, 02:37:27 AM by mavericklm

you diluted too much the fluid or it does not have enough alcohol or glycol in it
look for some biocide or antimicrobial or anti algae
i use vodka Grin
Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 02:28:38 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2015, 09:35:03 PM by Beachguy

Call me crazy......but I saw where some guys were cleaning their CPU loop with mouthwash of all things, maybe good in an emergency......and I'd replace that line. Hell maybe all of them. Look carefully  at where the hoses slip on the barbs and clamps.
It ( a crack) just may be too small to see though. That loops not tight.

edit for clarity

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
navigatrix

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 04:41:43 AM

Call me crazy......but I saw where some guys were cleaning their CPU loop with mouthwash of all things, maybe good in an emergency......and I'd replace that line. Hell maybe all of them. Look carefully  at where the hoses slip on the barbs and clamps.
It just may be too small though. That loops not tight.

A little iodine goes a long way keeping algae and stuff from growing in your cooling system. I've just been using de-ionized water with a few drops of iodine. Have had zero problems with my C1 and stock cooling system.

By the way I have the radiator in an open window and I reversed the fans (put them on the other side of the rad pushing outside air through the rad). The board temps dropped 10 deg. I kid you not!  (60 deg F outside. Room was getting hot due to the S5's running there.)
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 02:03:28 PM

you diluted too much the fluid or it does not have enough alcohol or glycol in it
i use vodka Grin

Its not a concentrate that one, its premixed.

Dezurah

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 10:38:09 PM

Are there any recommended fan replacements from the default ones?? The C1 is a little nosier than they said it would be.
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 10:51:36 PM

i use vodka Grin

Nothing was diluted. The coolant came pre-mixed with a biocide already in it. No mixing.

And the best thing I heard is distilled water and then using those silver shards. I heard someone ran a system for 5 years without replacing the coolant. I think that's what I'm going to try.

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 10:52:40 PM

Are there any recommended fan replacements from the default ones?? The C1 is a little nosier than they said it would be.

Huh? Noisy? They aren't noisy at all.

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 11:00:26 PM

I want to get my one problematic C1 fixed. If I tighten the fill hole on top of the pump it will start leaking and build so much pressure and possibly blow the loop. If I keep the fill hole open, no leaks. What is the easiest way to troubleshoot and find out if this system has a leak or a small hole somewhere sucking in air? Air HAS to be getting into the system somehow. I'm willing to run, if possible, the entire miner out of the black box, but there seriously is a problem. For warranty purposes the only thing I could do is tighten the fill hole and then when it starts to build enough pressure and make noise I'll record a small video showing me opening the fill hole.

Is there anyplace the coolant can leak out while inside the aluminum block, or just in the front where they connect with that little rubber hose?

Dezurah

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 11:02:23 PM

Mine is running at 1,920RPM in a cool room.

They're noisy enough that it wouldn't even be comfortable to have in a living room.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 11:21:22 PM

I want to get my one problematic C1 fixed. If I tighten the fill hole on top of the pump it will start leaking and build so much pressure and possibly blow the loop. If I keep the fill hole open, no leaks. What is the easiest way to troubleshoot and find out if this system has a leak or a small hole somewhere sucking in air? Air HAS to be getting into the system somehow. I'm willing to run, if possible, the entire miner out of the black box, but there seriously is a problem. For warranty purposes the only thing I could do is tighten the fill hole and then when it starts to build enough pressure and make noise I'll record a small video showing me opening the fill hole.

Is there anyplace the coolant can leak out while inside the aluminum block, or just in the front where they connect with that little rubber hose?

I could be wrong on this so Dogie please confirm.   But I believe the block should not have a spot to leak out.   The two holes should be it on where it allows coolant out.
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: