Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:15:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 128919 times)
DiCE1904
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 05:28:16 AM

Got mine all hooked up tonight, unfortunately 200GH/s away from a full T

Also, this is showing on the page:

Anything I can do about that?

Thanks

The first asic status is not right.  Try turning on/off.  Do the asics show back up?  At lower freq do they still disappear.

Restarted it a few times, same issue.

I just tried lowering the freq down to 218.75. still only get "oo"

And what about ASIC 2 temperature? That looks wrong. Time to setup an RMA

Yea thats still the same:

Alright, I guess ill email em. Damn...what a bummer

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 05:34:52 AM

Just a bad temp probe, not indicative of anything else.

Took off the case and moved power cables in and out. Unplugged and replugged. Changed frequency around a few times.

And now that board one is showing, ASIC # 16 but all "-------- --------"

What PSU are you running? What happens when you power only that board and the board with the fans + pumps? I doubt this is anything we can fix outside an RMA, but worth checking to minimize downtime.

DiCE1904
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 05:37:51 AM

Just a bad temp probe, not indicative of anything else.

Took off the case and moved power cables in and out. Unplugged and replugged. Changed frequency around a few times.

And now that board one is showing, ASIC # 16 but all "-------- --------"

What PSU are you running? What happens when you power only that board and the board with the fans + pumps? I doubt this is anything we can fix outside an RMA, but worth checking to minimize downtime.

Running the corsair 1000w that you had in your guide. Ill give it a try in the morning, about to head to bed. Thanks for the help. Email was just sent in.

s2miner

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 12:32:20 PM

Here is another question that very remotely might be related to firmware or may be is a non-issue.
I will be very specific. Mining on f2pool, I noticed that my old S2' s GHS is closer to what shows up on workers page of account.
But for C1 (runs on 225MHz), the miner shows 900+ GH/S(5s) and f2pool shows less say 689 (20 min avg). It goes little up and down but stays way less than the one on miner. I watched on miner consistently and that number stays close to 900 on miner. This is a one time test and I didnot repeat and could be just a temp weird situation but did get my curiosity.

Anyone can please explain this or has anyone else noticed this ever.
Am afraid to upgrade S2 firmware to new version with cgminer 4.6  for that reason bcz C1 has 4.6 (latest firmware).

DiCE1904
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 01:36:14 PM

@dogie

If your looking at the front of the miner with the fan facing you, which board from left to right is the first one?

I got an email back:
Please reconnect the cable to make sure of good connection to try or please switch the cable with a good hash board to test

However the cables only seem long enough to reach their assigned port

tbolt

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:51:29 PM

@dogie

If your looking at the front of the miner with the fan facing you, which board from left to right is the first one?

I got an email back:
Please reconnect the cable to make sure of good connection to try or please switch the cable with a good hash board to test

The Chain # 1 board is the one closest to the Ethernet Port connection.

Their suggestion is to use a cable that "will reach" just as a test to try it.
For example you could take the cable from the #4 board and plug it in to the
#1 board just long enough to try it and eliminate the cable as the cause of
your issue.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 04:41:27 PM

Here is another question that very remotely might be related to firmware or may be is a non-issue.
I will be very specific. Mining on f2pool, I noticed that my old S2' s GHS is closer to what shows up on workers page of account.
But for C1 (runs on 225MHz), the miner shows 900+ GH/S(5s) and f2pool shows less say 689 (20 min avg). It goes little up and down but stays way less than the one on miner. I watched on miner consistently and that number stays close to 900 on miner. This is a one time test and I didnot repeat and could be just a temp weird situation but did get my curiosity.

Am afraid to upgrade S2 firmware to new version with cgminer 4.6  for that reason bcz C1 has 4.6 (latest firmware).

Forget whatever the miner says, whatever the pool says you are getting is what hashing speed you are getting. If you are only receiving 689 that's in all intent and purposes that's like half the mining speed. These are "guaranteed" for 1000GH/s. If the hardware can't make that guarantee, does Bitmain compensate in anyway like the other companies do?

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
DiCE1904
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 04:43:55 PM

@dogie

I got an email back:

your issue.

Alright, so I tried taking all the cables out. Hooked up the 2nd one to the first and the 3rd to the second.
Fired it up and all I got was the pump spinning, no lights and no action on the browser.

I then just kept those 2 ribbon cables in place but put power to the other two boards, without ribbons. I got the start up with the 100% fan, but no lights and no action on the browser.
Ended up putting it all back together and sitting at "-------- --------" board 1 w/ 740GH/s overall.

tbolt

Activity: 74

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:56:15 PM

@dogie

I got an email back:

your issue.

Alright, so I tried taking all the cables out. Hooked up the 2nd one to the first and the 3rd to the second.
Fired it up and all I got was the pump spinning, no lights and no action on the browser.

I then just kept those 2 ribbon cables in place but put power to the other two boards, without ribbons. I got the start up with the 100% fan, but no lights and no action on the browser.
Ended up putting it all back together and sitting at "-------- --------" board 1 w/ 740GH/s overall.

As another heads up - Bitmain have recently upgraded their support capabilities, locations etc.. I'd had the pleasure to use their support services recently and I couldnt be happier, they were brilliant

More details on their new support contacts (if anyone else needs them) :
Bitmain Technologies
Warranty Department
3700 Quebec Street Suite 100239
Denver, Colorado 80207
USA

Telephone number: 1-844-248-6246

or for the European Region

Bitmain Technologies
department 119,
143 kingston road,
London, SW19 1LJ,
United Kingdom

Telephone Number: +44-020-30024099

For US customers Please include our telephone number 1-844-248-6246 on the shipping label.

and for the European Region

Please include our telephone number +44-020-30024099 on the shipping label.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 06:16:00 PM

@dogie

I got an email back:

your issue.

As another heads up - Bitmain have recently upgraded their support capabilities, locations etc.. I'd had the pleasure to use their support services recently and I couldnt be happier, they were brilliant

More details on their new support contacts (if anyone else needs them) :
Bitmain Technologies
Warranty Department
3700 Quebec Street Suite 100239
Denver, Colorado 80207
USA

Telephone number: 1-844-248-6246

or for the European Region

Bitmain Technologies
department 119,
143 kingston road,
London, SW19 1LJ,
United Kingdom

Telephone Number: +44-020-30024099

For US customers Please include our telephone number 1-844-248-6246 on the shipping label.

and for the European Region

Please include our telephone number +44-020-30024099 on the shipping label.

I would agree I have always felt good with emails and calls.  They do seem to care, and are very helpful.   Bitmain has great customer service..
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 07:45:27 PM

Forget whatever the miner says, whatever the pool says you are getting is what hashing speed you are getting. If you are only receiving 689 that's in all intent and purposes that's like half the mining speed. These are "guaranteed" for 1000GH/s. If the hardware can't make that guarantee, does Bitmain compensate in anyway like the other companies do?

He's mining on p2p, not an actual pool.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 07:46:20 PM

@dogie

I got an email back:

your issue.

RMA time.

dsheaffer

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:35:03 AM

The very same resistors were cooked on my board as well...
s2miner

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:39:08 AM

btw, I am mining on pps pool not p2p.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 01:35:58 AM

btw, I am mining on pps pool not p2p.

Try a more mainstream pool and post a picture of your dashboard.

kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 03:00:18 AM

looks interesting

dsf190

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 03:10:16 AM

Anyone know the status of batch 2?  I ordered 2 C1's and I've yet to get a tracking number, or any info really from bitmain.  Seeing the issues with the miners so far, I'm not really sure I want one.  Do the batch 2 miners come with the syscooling v1 or v2 kits?
SlimePuppy

Activity: 657
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 05:14:32 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2014, 06:17:15 AM by SlimePuppy

Anyone know the status of batch 2?  I ordered 2 C1's and I've yet to get a tracking number, or any info really from bitmain.  Seeing the issues with the miners so far, I'm not really sure I want one.  Do the batch 2 miners come with the syscooling v1 or v2 kits?
The description for Batch 2 says they come with cooling kits.  Batch 3 does NOT include cooling kits.

Based on the thousands of orders scattered around this forum, it's likely that you'll get a delivery notice about the same time you get tracking info from Bitmain as they specialize in shipping quickly rather than sending tracking numbers quickly. Wink

This is the intro of a new miner and so far there have been precious few problems - and all but one that I've seen have been from Syscooling, not from Bitmain - it appears that the folks at Syscooling have fixed their initial problems.
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 01:40:01 PM

Bitmain, I ordered a week ago C1 from batch 2 and did not receive my shipping number yet. I ordered many times, but this is the first time that I am waiting for more than a week for my hardware.

Have you like other vendors started to delay shipping, or are you self mining or what?

kkNft

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 03:06:55 PM

Used someone this the thing?
http://shop.syscooling.com/goods.php?id=46
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: