Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:34:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [GDGC] GadgetCoin | IoT | M2M |Smart Contracts on Hardware  (Read 88479 times)
mtomcdev (OP)

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 11:42:56 AM

It's very clear, I recall a common scenario regarding smart contract, how will Gadgetcoin deal with reverse transaction/transaction dispute?

By a simple refund process. If the Internet of Things device unable to perform the contract then a refund will compensate the contractee.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Corleone1918

Activity: 248

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:21:56 PM

I have created a Chinese QQ group: 425068399  to spread this coin information.

I don't like chinese, they just like dump.
mtomcdev (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:40:30 PM

Thank you for spreading the word about GadgetCoin, that's really great. China is a very important market for any IoT related applications. We are getting closer to the start and the building of a vibrant community should be one our priorities from now on.
mtomcdev (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 03:44:41 AM

Thank you for spreading the word about GadgetCoin, that's really great. China is a very important market for any IoT related applications. We are getting closer to the start and the building of a vibrant community should be one our priorities from now on.

Actually I want to be general agency in China to sell IoT devices it this project succeeds, let's wait and see, many things depend on your  developer team.

We have a clear business plan and the team is in place to execute the plan. This coin will be a success because the software will work, we understand the market and we are realistic about our objectives. The primary target is to operate 10,000,000 million IoT devices on the Gadget protocol by 2020. This amounts to 0.05% of the IoT devices in the world and certainly doable. IBM and large operators will control the majority of the market, but small projects like GadgetCoin will have their place in the market to power a small fraction of the device pool. 0.05% is a very small portion of the whole IoT market, but even a small market share like this will result in a fantastic return for GadgetCoin holders.

It's a great idea to have the community members actively involved with the sale of the technology. We will PM you soon with more details about starting the cooperation and setting up the operation in your region.

altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 04:38:41 AM

Actually I want to be general agency in China to sell IoT devices it this project succeeds, let's wait and see, many things depend on your  developer team.

We have a clear business plan and the team is in place to execute the plan. This coin will be a success because the software will work, we understand the market and we are realistic about our objectives. The primary target is to operate 10,000,000 million IoT devices on the Gadget protocol by 2020. This amounts to 0.05% of the IoT devices in the world and certainly doable. IBM and large operators will control the majority of the market, but small projects like GadgetCoin will have their place in the market to power a small fraction of the device pool. 0.05% is a very small portion of the whole IoT market, but even a small market share like this will result in a fantastic return for GadgetCoin holders.

It's a great idea to have the community members actively involved with the sale of the technology. We will PM you soon with more details about starting the cooperation and setting up the operation in your region.

Eager to the delivery of this project, if it works well and better than current solution on IoT, it will have a big market and I have resource to sell IoT devices in China.

Any solution is better than the current ones as there is no current solution that offer a simply to use generic IoT platform - that's why IBM is keen to enter this market. Projects like TileCoin and GadgetCoin (and Bitbay once David clean up the mess there) could get their slice from the premature Internet of Things market easily.

I told the GadgetCoin team as well already that I will be happy to sell in the UK & Ireland. I could be wrong, but I totally get the smart contracts on hardware concept. I mentioned the idea to a friend at Jaguar Land Rover, he is a very old school device/firmware developer but he immediately got the idea and he started to describe how smart contracts could help in fleet management (from manufacturer viewpoint) and servicing (real time monitoring) the vehicles. I fully understand what the sceptics of the idea says, that why should I open my garage door with a blockchain application, but device management is more complex than opening a garage door and once real peoples from the industry are interested, plus once IBM is on the deal then we better to pay attention to the Internet of Things area.

b-trading

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 05:53:05 AM

can i buy iphone with this coin Huh
albert_mt

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 11:46:47 AM

I am selling gadgetcoin in Luxembourg! Luxembourg is not exactly the size of China  Cheesy  but a few investors and clients already very interested in IoT and gadgetcoin.
albert_mt

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 11:57:51 AM

IoT coins are not for buying iPhone  Smiley generally FIAT and digital currencies are accepted as payment for goods and services, but IoT coins act like a token to support IoT operations. All IoT coins like bitbay, tilecoin and gadgetcoin have this philosophy.
altcoinUK

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 12:13:55 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2014, 02:27:07 PM by altcoinUK

IoT coins are not for buying iPhone  Smiley generally FIAT and digital currencies are accepted as payment for goods and services, but IoT coins act like a token to support IoT operations. All IoT coins like bitbay, tilecoin and gadgetcoin have this philosophy.

The problem is no one want to use any digital currencies to buy iPhone, because using FIAT is more practical and convenient. This article highlights the main issue with digital currencies, namely that even the increasing number of Bitcoin merchants failed to increase the usage of the coin. The number of Bitcoin merchant has been increasing, however Bitcoin usage has been remained the same:

http://www.coindesk.com/analysis-around-70-bitcoins-dormant-least-six-months/

The issue is even with Bitcoin, that only a very limited number of users use digital currencies. Even high market cap coins like NXT or Doge are used rarely outside of their community.

IoT coins could at least introduce a very practical use case by operating devices with a blockchain based software, and that would be a great step to make digital currencies actually useful.

tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098

Angel investor.

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 02:00:33 AM

Is there any good news of this project?

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
mtomcdev (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 02:05:34 PM

There is a very good news on the marketing & business area of the project. We agreed a sponsorship deal with an Olympic champion of the 2012 London games to promote GadgetCoin. We will support a hard working and extremely successful athlete, he is a European based sportsman, but very popular in our primary market East-Asia, and we hope his existing relations with large corporate entities like car manufacturers will open many doors for GadgetCoin. I am unable to give away more details at this stage, but I can reveal that our offer has been accepted by the athlete's management team and we are really pleased about this partnership. An announcement will come soon.

We have been working on the software to implement two new features which came directly from the first pilot clients as well as we are fixing a few security bugs. We thought it is better to implement the features which came directly from the actual users before the launch of the application. The new features will enhance the usability and robustness of the software.

We have been talking to angel investors who believe this idea could really work and they are willing to work with us to make this project a success. We haven't accepted the offer yet because this project must be open source without an ICO and as fair coin distribution as it is possible, so all parties need to agree on these principles.

We will keep you all updated.
albert_mt

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 03:37:59 PM

thanks for the update!

please keep this coin away from p&D and try to run it honestly!
zsp

Activity: 181

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 03:45:37 PM

There is a very good news on the marketing & business area of the project. We agreed a sponsorship deal with an Olympic champion of the 2012 London games to promote GadgetCoin. We will support a hard working and extremely successful athlete, he is a European based sportsman, but very popular in our primary market East-Asia, and we hope his existing relations with large corporate entities like car manufacturers will open many doors for GadgetCoin. I am unable to give away more details at this stage, but I can reveal that our offer has been accepted by the athlete's management team and we are really pleased about this partnership. An announcement will come soon.

We have been working on the software to implement two new features which came directly from the first pilot clients as well as we are fixing a few security bugs. We thought it is better to implement the features which came directly from the actual users before the launch of the application. The new features will enhance the usability and robustness of the software.

We have been talking to angel investors who believe this idea could really work and they are willing to work with us to make this project a success. We haven't accepted the offer yet because this project must be open source without an ICO and as fair coin distribution as it is possible, so all parties need to agree on these principles.

We will keep you all updated.

Great news! Let us know how can we help to speed up the launch!
Netzer

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 01:17:26 AM

I have been reading this thread from the very beginning. I really like the idea of a technology coin. The idea of coin distribution via brokers is really good. I am from East-Europe and in my opinion here the broker system combined with MLM structure could be a winner. We could bring lots of new users into digital money with a broker structure. How can I be a broker and what will be the commission? I would like to signup to be your East-European broker.
mtomcdev (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 11:11:09 AM

@Netzer

Thank you for your interest, it is very much appreciated!

As we stated earlier we do not endorse MLM type trading activities, but since this is a decentralized system we are not in the position to dictate how and where the software is used and that means you can use it in East-Europe without any restrictions. The GDC Smart contract will be a powerful and flexible system and you will be able to create MLM type broker smart contracts and define the commission. The commission value is up to you, it is an agreement between the broker and the contractee.

@Update

This is just a quick update to let you know all who are interested in GadgetCoin that we had been working during the holiday season on the solution to add new features and fix issues that were revealed by the test.

The process is slower than we would like to be, but this is an entirely new system and we must make sure that the connected hardware is governed by a robust and secure software.

Thanks for your continuing interest in GadgetCoin!
altcoinUK

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 11:57:46 AM

Thanks for the update.

While you are way ahead of TileCoin, Bitbay and other similar projects as you at least published the hardware schematics, it seems to me from the schematics that you know what you are talking about and we can see that you put lots of work into this project (hardware schematics, videos, white paper, etc.), I think the main issue with this coin is that you failed at building a community. You need to build a community if you want to succeed. I know it is easier to say than get it done, but for a coin having an active community is a key ingredient to success.
mtomcdev (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 12:52:00 PM

Thanks for the update.

While you are way ahead of TileCoin, Bitbay and other similar projects as you at least published the hardware schematics, it seems to me from the schematics that you know what you are talking about and we can see that you put lots of work into this project (hardware schematics, videos, white paper, etc.), I think the main issue with this coin is that you failed at building a community. You need to build a community if you want to succeed. I know it is easier to say than get it done, but for a coin having an active community is a key ingredient to success.

Thank you for pointing this out. We'll try to improve the communication and community building aspects of GadgetCoin.
albert_mt

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 08:05:10 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2015, 08:48:41 PM by albert_mt

i am and my clients are waiting for the launch! it's good to see the interest from East-Europe too  Wink
Netzer

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 10:32:33 AM

I have a spare computer, can I join to the test network and start forging coins?
mtomcdev (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 01:03:33 AM

I have a spare computer, can I join to the test network and start forging coins?

That's great, you are very helpful and thank you for your support. We have been developing and testing on a centralized environment in the last few weeks to test the new features and fine tune the system for our pilot security company partner. Once the test process move back to the decentralized test network we will take up your offer and use your server. In the meantime I will create a "Netzer" wallet to start processing test transactions and hit the network with your broker smart contracts on the centralized environment first. This test wallet will be enabled to forge coins and the forged test coins will be redeemable on the live network.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: