Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:30:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [GDGC] GadgetCoin | IoT | M2M |Smart Contracts on Hardware  (Read 88479 times)
Netzer

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 08:14:21 PM

sweet, thanks gadgetcoin team!!!
The value of my Gadgetcoin wallet just doubled or tripled   Cheesy   Roll Eyes   Shocked

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
albert_mt

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 09:42:45 PM

Great news dev! I am ready to sell my coins to the broadcasters for $ 1.
mtomcdev (OP)

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 10:40:42 PM

http://www.prurgent.com/2015-07-14/pressrelease389824.htm

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 10:51:45 PM

Development Update

We have a press release about the latest developments surrounding GadgetNet and GadgetCoin.

Open-source Internet of Things micropayment processing hits the market

Today ZoVolt Ltd and GadgetNet LLC announced a partnership to bring open source Internet micropayment processing to the mainstream market. The two companies will work together to develop a secure IoT solution based on block-chain technology that will enable consumers to unlock the full potential of their Internet of Things gadgets. By securing and streamlining the way the devices interact with the user a whole new realm of possibilities are opened up for system integrators and manufacturers looking to breach the divide between machine and consumer.

ZoVolt Ltd will bring years of hardware and software development experience to the partnership, having been developing a wireless ECG sensor for the telemedicine sector since 2013. GadgetNet LLC will bring its open source community development to the partnership and manage the project.
Tibor Pardi, CTO of ZoVolt stated that “There is clear synergy between the two companies and we are delighted to be bringing our expertise to the table to try and make this partnership successful”
The first practical application of the partnership will be the streemo peer-to-peer live video streaming service at http://www.streemo.net, which will be going live shortly.

About Zovolt Ltd – Zovolt Ltd is a technology company located in Herefordshire, UK – specializing in secure Internet of Things solutions and  embedded devices development. The company has successfully gone through their first round of seed funding and are now actively developing a secure IoT software framework and a wireless ECG sensor to deliver sensitive patient data to doctors remotely.

About GadgetNet LLC – GadgetNet LLC is a Delaware based company specializing in block-chain technology, open source peer to peer and digital currency software development. GadgetNet is currently actively involved in managing and setting up the streemo.net peer to peer video steaming service.

http://www.newswiretoday.com/news/153924/

Do I understand correctly that p2p audio/video though streemo will be used to monitor patients? Or is there any other uses in the immediate pipeline with ZoVolt? The "partnership" implies ZoVolt using streemo for a fee only or actually being partners in other enterprises, such as consulting and actual solutions implimentation?
mtomcdev (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 11:18:06 PM

Development Update

We have a press release about the latest developments surrounding GadgetNet and GadgetCoin.

Today ZoVolt Ltd and GadgetNet LLC announced a partnership to bring open source Internet micropayment processing to the mainstream market. The two companies will work together to develop a secure IoT solution based on block-chain technology that will enable consumers to unlock the full potential of their Internet of Things gadgets. By securing and streamlining the way the devices interact with the user a whole new realm of possibilities are opened up for system integrators and manufacturers looking to breach the divide between machine and consumer.

ZoVolt Ltd will bring years of hardware and software development experience to the partnership, having been developing a wireless ECG sensor for the telemedicine sector since 2013. GadgetNet LLC will bring its open source community development to the partnership and manage the project.
Tibor Pardi, CTO of ZoVolt stated that “There is clear synergy between the two companies and we are delighted to be bringing our expertise to the table to try and make this partnership successful”
The first practical application of the partnership will be the streemo peer-to-peer live video streaming service at http://www.streemo.net, which will be going live shortly.

About Zovolt Ltd – Zovolt Ltd is a technology company located in Herefordshire, UK – specializing in secure Internet of Things solutions and  embedded devices development. The company has successfully gone through their first round of seed funding and are now actively developing a secure IoT software framework and a wireless ECG sensor to deliver sensitive patient data to doctors remotely.

About GadgetNet LLC – GadgetNet LLC is a Delaware based company specializing in block-chain technology, open source peer to peer and digital currency software development. GadgetNet is currently actively involved in managing and setting up the streemo.net peer to peer video steaming service.

Do I understand correctly that p2p audio/video though streemo will be used to monitor patients? Or is there any other uses in the immediate pipeline with ZoVolt? The "partnership" implies ZoVolt using streemo for a fee only or actually being partners in other enterprises, such as consulting and actual solutions implimentation?

ZoVolt will integrate the following parts of the GadgetNet tech into their IoT solution:
- The PPK infrastructure and smart contracts to manage device authentication, access control and provisioning
- The blockchain based micropayments to charge their customers in FIAT
- The P2P streaming for their patient monitoring and retirement home monitoring to manage video camera devices

In the context of healthcare streemo mainly a convenient way to provision the device securely as well as simplify the access control of devices. The underlying infrastructure will be streemo, but the clients of commercial partners like ZoVolt will be getting the content via a custom interface.

ZoVolt will be our consulting partner in the UK and Europe. Their business is providing services to IoT system integrators and once the GadgetNet solution is industrial ready they will be start selling it to industrial companies.

mtomcdev (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 11:55:14 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2015, 12:26:22 AM by mtomcdev

From now Tibor Pardi the CTO of ZoVolt will be overseeing the software development of GadgetNet to make sure we are on the right track. Tibor is a very experienced software developer with decades of working history in the banking and payment industry, and we are grateful that his expertise will be available for GadgetNet/GadgetCoin.

Tibor is a long time Bitcoin supporter and you can meet him at the Hereford, UK based Bitcoin Meetup which he is organizing.

http://www.meetup.com/Hereford-Bitcoin-Meetup/members/160416692/

altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 12:04:09 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2015, 12:21:29 AM by altcoinUK

Well done devs, it's great to see that this coin - which is one of the very few with real world use cases (P2P live streaming and IoT micropayments) -  is developing nicely!
altcoinUK

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 12:17:04 AM

Easy tiger, not so fast! There are only 40,000 coins and the US$10.00 price is is more realistic than US$ 1 ! :-))))

If I remember correctly. the original plan last year was to target the US$ 5 per coin price. The devs said at the time the network fee will be charged for IoT providers at the price of US$ 5.

Now, please put the development and opportunities around this coin into perspective: there are 42 coins right now with market cap bigger than 1 million dollar. Which one is offering such gold mine like the jizzmo.net or the streemo.net could be in a year time when the broadcaster realize the true power of P2P live streaming and will be moving to the GadgetNet platforms?

Can be GadgetCoin hit the 1 million $ market cap? Of course it can, that should be the very minimum target given what coins having over 1 million market cap.

At US$ 1,000,000 market cap and the current 40,000 supply the price will be $ 25.

albert_mt

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 12:32:13 AM

Easy tiger, not so fast! There are only 40,000 coins and the US$10.00 price is is more realistic than US$ 1 ! :-))))

If I remember correctly. the original plan last year was to target the US$ 5 per coin price. The devs said at the time the network fee will be charged for IoT providers at the price of US$ 5.

Now, please put the development and opportunities around this coin into perspective: there are 42 coins right now with market cap bigger than 1 million dollar. Which one is offering such gold mine like the jizzmo.net or the streemo.net could be in a year time when the broadcaster realize the true power of P2P live streaming and will be moving to the GadgetNet platforms?

Can be GadgetCoin hit the 1 million $ market cap? Of course it can, that should be the very minimum target given what coins having over 1 million market cap.

At US$ 1,000,000 market cap and the current 40,000 supply the price will be $ 25.

1 million market cap should be the minimum. 25 $ price is 7500% ROI  Roll Eyes  i always say, only in crypto possible this return.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 01:06:12 AM

Optimism is good, positive.

Outrageous optimism, with -so far- nothing to base it on, is... well, counter productive.

Anyone has even bothered to consider a test of quality, scalability, latency... in p2p video/audio technology? If I am correctly informed the tech is, for now, at the level of internal testing...

The release shows that someone -who, importantly, happens to be a crypto enthusiast-, has a start up that could benefit from the reduced prices of p2p tech. ONLY that. He can offer -and probably is offering- the exact same p2p service already by the true, tested and commercially available usual suspects... so it is a potentially positive thing but, for now, like everything else in this project, it's only potential....

It would perhaps be reasonable to wait a good few months to even consider starting counting your dollars.
altcoinUK

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 02:00:59 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2015, 02:31:56 AM by altcoinUK

with -so far- nothing to base it on

The superb quality white paper, nicely done development board schematic, a fully functional blockchain and smart contracts written from scratch, collaboration with a real world company aren't nothing. These are a very good starting base to be a very successful coin.

Anyone has even bothered to consider a test of quality, scalability, latency... in p2p video/audio technology?

You are implying these experienced developers actually don't test the software and don't consider fundamental software design principles such as scalability. Their white paper clearly describes how scalability is one of main advantage of P2P technologies and they explain the implementation details of that.
The working blockchain and smart contracts indicate to me that there is an adequate QA process in the software development life cycle of GadgetNet.

like everything else in this project, it's only potential....

Apart from Bitcoin which is used at least for shopping at some places, all crypto currencies are only a potential, isn't it? Even Bitshare with its 15 million dollar market cap used only on experimental applications - it is only potential, isn't it? There are 42 coins over 1 million market cap, most of them are BTC/LTC clones with virtually no added value to the original code base, since those currencies aren't used anywhere yet they are only potentials, aren't they? Never mind that these guys at least try to work with real world use cases, but right now, the potential - which is the only asset of other coins as well - not good enough for you. 42 coins are good enough to reach the 1 million market cap with nothing else than potential - GadgetCoin in your opinion obviously can't.

I think this coin and the technology it implements has as much chances to be a 1 million market cap coin than any other coins currently in the over 1 million market cap category had at their start.
albert_mt

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 02:12:23 AM

The superb quality white paper, nicely done development board schematic, a fully functional blockchain and smart contracts written from scratch, collaboration with a real world company aren't nothing. These are a very good starting base to be a very successful coin.

Anyone has even bothered to consider a test of quality, scalability, latency... in p2p video/audio technology?

You are implying these experienced developers actually don't test the software and don't consider fundamental software design principles such as scalability. Their white paper clearly describes how scalability is one of main advantage of P2P technologies and they explain the implementation details of that.
The working blockchain and smart contracts indicate to me that there is an adequate QA process in their software development life cycle of GdgetNet.

Apart from Bitcoin which is used at least for shopping at some places, all crypto currency only a potential isn't it? Even Bitshare with its 15 million dollar market cap used only on experimental applications - it is only potential, isn't it? There are 42 coins over 1 million market cap, most of them are BTC/LTC clones with virtually no added value to the original code base, since those currencies aren't used anywhere yet they are only potentials, aren't they? Never mind that these guys at least try to work with real world use cases, but right now, the potential - which is the only asset of other coins as well - not good enough for you. 42 coins are good enough to reach the 1 million market cap with nothing else than potential - GadgetCoin in your opinion obviously can't.

I think this coin and the technology it implements has as much chances to be a 1 million market cap coin than any other coins currently in the over 1 million market cap category have.

DON'T FEED BARABBAS THE TROLL!!!!

i read barabbas' posts. he promoted the Paycoin scam. he thought it is a very nice project. he fought for Paycoin when everyone knew it is a scam. Gadgetcoin is not good enough for him.
he was very sympathetic with IconExpert's scam coin, he thought the base idea is very good. Gadgetcoin is not good enough for him.
All coins are good for barabbas, gadgetcoin is nothing. whitepaper? that's nothing. partnership with Zovolt? that's nothing.

DON'T FEED BARABBAS THE TROLL!!!!

Netzer

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 02:44:51 AM

lol I didn't understand a word from the whitepaper. I could see only the dollar signs.  Grin
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 03:51:12 AM

The working blockchain and smart contracts indicate to me that there is an adequate QA process in the software development life cycle of GadgetNet.

Apart from Bitcoin which is used at least for shopping at some places, all crypto currencies are only a potential, isn't it? Even Bitshare with its 15 million dollar market cap used only on experimental applications - it is only potential, isn't it? There are 42 coins over 1 million market cap, most of them are BTC/LTC clones with virtually no added value to the original code base, since those currencies aren't used anywhere yet they are only potentials, aren't they? Never mind that these guys at least try to work with real world use cases, but right now, the potential - which is the only asset of other coins as well - not good enough for you. 42 coins are good enough to reach the 1 million market cap with nothing else than potential - GadgetCoin in your opinion obviously can't.

I think this coin and the technology it implements has as much chances to be a 1 million market cap coin than any other coins currently in the over 1 million market cap category had at their start.

There's a problem this project has -among many others- and is that no one knows -or cares about- it. Depending on the circumstances of each one of those 42 projects that you mention, that is NOT the case. Nor has it been for months, if not years. There's a track record of trust, development and community, the basis of all those projects. So it isn't just potential that they have. They also have, again, a supportive community, a proven track record in development, have delivered in some of their promises, not just signal the direction in which they are going, and have developers that have been around for quite a while and have nothing to prove.

The same would apply, in similar measure, to THE NEXT 42 projects in that list, those that have either never reached or have gone below the 1 million dollars level, which proves it isn't an easy task to reach and perhaps even more difficult, to maintain by those promising enough to have reached that milestone valuation.

I am not implying that these developers, who no one knows, are not testing their software. I am STATING that, so far, that is the only thing they are (supposedly) doing regarding the specific p2p audio/video software. There's no public or even peer testing that I know of. Regarding scalability and latency, there's no specific information or test that can be performed... nor it is an easy thing to do. To test, much less to have it working seamlessly regardless of circumstances.

But, in any case, even if the tech is to be believed -which at this point is a HUGE stretch-, there's no BUSINESS MODEL, much less a workable one. And even when there is one, if it gets there, it seems that it will be a business model for a company that happens to use some tokens related to this crypto project, not, in any case, a conforming part of it. And that has not much to do necessarily with the wishes of the obviously inexperienced devs, but with laws and regulations of different countries with which they would have to comply.

So I don't say there's no potential here; I'm just stating what for anyone with even a basic common sense, would be prudent and evident: That even minimal implementation of  some of the potential advantages of this crypto project, are facing a very steep curve on the way to the $$ signs. Just that.

Now, of course, the people lacking that basic common sense, cannot care about such "small" details... how could they?
chocobo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 07:22:37 AM

Good news! So will the VICR contracts be open soon?
altcoinUK

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 10:29:29 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2015, 11:12:10 AM by altcoinUK

There's a problem this project has -among many others- and is that no one knows -or cares about- it.

That's a good point. If only the current handful of users will support this coin in a year time then this wont be 1 million $ market cap coin.

The developers' plan is - they stated it several times here - to build a community and support for the coin. I think once the technology is released and it is started to use by real world companies and individual broadcasters in case of jizzmo and streemo, then the community support will start building up, but we will see how the plan works out.

mtomcdev (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 12:01:55 PM

Good news! So will the VICR contracts be open soon?

Please let us know when you are ready to buy it by sending a message here or in a PM and as we promised, long time supporters like yourself and all our supporters in this thread will be able to buy it with the very same conditions as the early buyers.
We would like to close the VICR handling and move to the next phase, so it would be great if you could let us know as soon as it is possible.

NoFudOnlyFacts

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 02:02:33 PM

ROFL ...ROFL barabbas the supporter of the Paycoin and Iconexpert scams thinks this "BUSINESS MODEL" is not good enough

like viacoin and btcdrak is not good enough for barabbas

LULZ the Paycoin scam was good enough for barabbas, all money should go to the scams barabbas supports!!!!!!!  LULZ

btw, read what he says in the Mangocoinz thread ROFL ...ROFL he is on Mangocoinz ROFL

altcoinUK

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 03:41:51 PM

ROFL ...ROFL barabbas the supporter of the Paycoin and Iconexpert scams thinks this "BUSINESS MODEL" is not good enough

like viacoin and btcdrak is not good enough for barabbas

LULZ the Paycoin scam was good enough for barabbas, all money should go to the scams barabbas supports!!!!!!!  LULZ

btw, read what he says in the Mangocoinz thread ROFL ...ROFL he is on Mangocoinz ROFL

What barabbas does, being concerned about design and implementation details such as scalability and high availability is a good thing as well as scrutinize the business plan is useful for the developers and project.

I am sure barabbas is equally critical and apply such a high standard to the coins which he support such as to Paycoin or Mangocoinz.  

Based on what I can see in the superb white paper, the working HTML5 wallet and the information about the businesses sites such as jizzmo and streemo, personally I think this project is on the right track.

zsp

Activity: 181

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 04:53:15 PM

Development Update

Wow, great news! Please send me a PM when the VICR is available again, I have 5 Bitcoins for you  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: