Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:55:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [GDGC] GadgetCoin | IoT | M2M |Smart Contracts on Hardware  (Read 88479 times)
mtomcdev (OP)

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 11:27:31 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2015, 09:14:58 AM by mtomcdev

Devs,

I really like what you try to achieve and I bought several VICRs. I already gain a lot from this project by learning a lot about IoT and seeing your white paper, development board, blockchain and the rest what you have I know you will deliver. So I am not pressing anything nor complaining, but I think we need to discuss what next?

I understood that your plan was to build a strong community, but be honest to ourselves it is not going to happen here. A few of us like your coin, but the BCT community couldn't care less about this coin despite you clearly have real world use cases (adult web-cam, game broadcasting, security CCTV, etc). It's quite clear you are not going to build a community here. That means you are not going to get help on the marketing front from the non-existent community. Your plan was that the growing community will help advertising the platform - that's not going to happen. So how you are going to continue? What's the plan?

Again, since this is one of the handful coins in the crowded strong altcoin market which has a real purpose, I am sure all VICR owners will be patient, I certainly will be, because we understand to implement and make profitable a serious application takes time. On the other hand if something doesn't work like your community building and marketing plan then better to discuss the next step.

Your streemo live video streaming platform will be a winner, the IoT blockchain will be used by real world businesses. Everything looks really cool except the marketing and expansion plan, so lets discuss it.

Also, is it worth to continue the VICR? The little interest probably does more harm to the project than help in progressing.

Thank you for your support, all developers are really appreciate it.

Naturally, we are very disappointed that the crypto community is disinterested in our idea and only a handful users support us in Bitcointalk. Our idea is to connect as you said real world use cases to a crypto currency and it is a bit disheartening  that the crypto community is not interested in this aim, but the lack of support motivates us to review what and how to improve in the process. Regardless of the unpopularity of our idea, as we promised we go ahead in implementing what is on the roadmap. We will partner up with adult service providers, gamers, health care and security businesses and IoT system integrators - these very different use cases will be using the common GadgetNet blockchain, P2P streaming technology and IoT micropayment framework. Having a very small community supporting us the work will take longer, but we will get there.

Terms of marketing, I agree a new plan is required in that area. I suggest to wait about 2 weeks and then we can re-evaluate how to proceed. We have been receiving very encouraging enquiries from industry professionals, and while the disinterest in Bitcointalk is disappointing, based on the interest from real world businesses we are very optimistic about the future of our IoT blockchain application. Not least, because we signed a partnership agreement with a UK based technology company today to develop and promote our technology. The details will be released next week.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mtomcdev (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 11:49:24 PM

We have a QQ group again the ID is 148838719.

Thank you for the wonderful support of our Chinese community members in their local environment at QQ.

zsp

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 01:46:23 PM

How long the VIRC will be available? I want to get some next week, will it be still available?
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 02:42:03 PM

I suggest to stop the VICR contracts. Not because I got some and I don't want more coins to be forged :-)))) and I understand the dev boys are desperate to build a supporting user base and community via the VICR, but the Twitter, Facebook, etc. campaign does more harm than good.

We can achieve the goals of the project without the confusing VICR contracts. If and when the project need investment to expand, and  if the development work out according to plans then there won't be an issue to get 50K-100K from angel investors and the bigger money from VCs.
meandme

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 02:59:50 PM

I suggest to stop the VICR contracts. Not because I got some and I don't want more coins to be forged :-)))) and I understand the dev boys are desperate to build a supporting user base and community via the VICR, but the Twitter, Facebook, etc. campaign does more harm than good.

We can achieve the goals of the project without the confusing VICR contracts. If and when the project need investment to expand, and  if the development work out according to plans then there won't be an issue to get 50K-100K from angel investors and the bigger money from VCs.

@mtomcdev   if want to stop the VICR sells,please  notify us some days in advance,  Let it us have last Chance to buy the contract.
mtomcdev (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 05:44:22 PM

@mtomcdev   if want to stop the VICR sells,please  notify us some days in advance,  Let it us have last Chance to buy the contract.

We will post a notice here three days before stopping the contract.
Shame_Game

Activity: 185
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 06:56:06 PM

Please stop listing to FUD! Do not stop contracts. Do not take advice from people asking you to stick your head in the sand. This is awesome project that is only lacking one thing to get funding and a very awesome future. People knowing about it. These forums are a tiny little drop in the bucket in the real world. You should be doing a lot more on social media. Not less. Spread the word more and this will sell itself.
mtomcdev (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 09:28:36 PM

The Twitter presence is very useful and the marketing team is doing a wonderful job on that front. It generates interests from outside of crypto. We have been receiving inquires from industry experts with questions and suggestions which help us to improve the platform.

Of course we should discuss whether the VICR content of the campaign is the correct one, but itself the Twitter presence is very important and it seems helps in spreading the word about GadgetCoin.

Please follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/GadgetCoin

altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 09:58:38 PM

Please stop listing to FUD! Do not stop contracts. Do not take advice from people asking you to stick your head in the sand. This is awesome project that is only lacking one thing to get funding and a very awesome future. People knowing about it. These forums are a tiny little drop in the bucket in the real world. You should be doing a lot more on social media. Not less. Spread the word more and this will sell itself.

What I have been saying here and everywhere that there are 1,000 altcoins and this is one of the handful coins that actually could make its way to the masses. How is that a FUD?

Whoever will come up with the P2P live video streaming first it will change the whole TV industry, the application which can do the P2P live streaming will be a multi billion dollar business.

http://bit.ly/1HQxZUa

http://bit.ly/1KSaZEX

These guys are working on this subject and I support them everywhere I can.

I don't suggest we don't need social media presence, quite the opposite, I am the very few who actually retweets the messages of GadgetCoin. What I am saying is that the VICR message is not necessarily the most effective way to build a loyal supporter base.
zsp

Activity: 181

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 11:59:14 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2015, 05:38:45 PM by zsp

Can we have staking on the account balance if the VICR contract is paused in case when the contract owner expects a higher price and doesn't want to sell the coins for USD 1? It would be cool to stake at 5-10% interest rate.
mtomcdev (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 08:16:21 PM

Can we have staking on the account balance if the VICR contract is paused in case when the contract owner expects a higher price and doesn't want to sell the coins for USD 1? It would be cool to stake at 5-10% interest rate.

The development team has been discussing the staking, but in the context of GadgetNet the staking (POS) is more complicated than for other currencies. Personally, I believe the staking will cause a severe volatility to the price of GadgetCoin.
The broadcasters must buy GDC in order to cash out and if there is limited supply then the price of GDC could jump very high. Let say there is 1,000 GDC demand from broadcasters to pay the network fee but only 100 GDC is available because the rest of coins are staking and paused in the contracts. The limited supply means the price will jump to US$ 10 immediately. Since the price is irrelevant for the broadcasters - as they will pay the 5% of a FIAT amount to cover the network fee and it is indifferent to them on what price they can buy the coin -, the coin owners will be probably very happy with a high price and when the price jump to US$ 10.00 I assume the coin owners would like to sell the coins for that high price to realize a 3,000% ROI on the VICR price. However, once the staked coins entered to this internal market the price will crash to US$ 1.00 again. I am not sure if the coin owners would be happy with such volatility.

meandme

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 11:10:18 PM

The development team has been discussing the staking, but in the context of GadgetNet the staking (POS) is more complicated than for other currencies. Personally, I believe the staking will cause a severe volatility to the price of GadgetCoin.
The broadcasters must buy GDC in order to cash out and if there is limited supply then the price of GDC could jump very high. Let say there is 1,000 GDC demand from broadcasters to pay the network fee but only 100 GDC is available because the rest of coins are staking and paused in the contracts. The limited supply means the price will jump to US$ 10 immediately. Since the price is irrelevant for the broadcasters - as they will pay the 5% of a FIAT amount to cover the network fee and it is indifferent to them on what price they can buy the coin -, the coin owners will be probably very happy with a high price and when the price jump to US$ 10.00 I assume the coin owners would like to sell the coins for that high price to realize a 3,000% ROI on the VICR price. However, once the staked coins entered to this internal market the price will crash to US$ 1.00 again. I am not sure if the coin owners would be happy with such volatility.

limited supply is ok
mtomcdev (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 01:36:47 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2015, 10:02:41 AM by mtomcdev

limited supply is ok

That's the plan, keep the supply low by forging very limited number of coins as well as burning them once the network fee paid using the coins.

meandme

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 09:20:32 AM

limited supply is ok

That's the plan, keep the supply low by forging very limited number of coins as well as burning the them once the network fee paid using the coins.

how to run a p2p node to get ores? not a stream server node
mtomcdev (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 10:22:20 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2015, 10:36:14 AM by mtomcdev

limited supply is ok

That's the plan, keep the supply low by forging very limited number of coins as well as burning the them once the network fee paid using the coins.

how to run a p2p node to get ores? not a stream server node

The idea is exactly same as with the stream server node, except the P2P node will be more user friendly and require no compiling nor extensive configuration, maintenance (though it will be open source and users can compile it from source if they want).
Also, it will earn less than a stream server node. The main idea with the P2P client is not much to earn GDC, but enable scalable live streaming and get the live video content to viewers on a significantly cheaper price. For example, users pay US$ 5.00 per month to a gamer at twitch.tv and P2P live streaming allows us to deliver the content cheaper at streemo.net or if the charge will be US$ 5.00 then the broadcasters will have lot more profit.

albert_mt

Activity: 225

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 12:46:07 PM

I received my bitcoins from my mining and wanted to throw one more at a VICR contract. the VICR it is not available. is it stopped? will it be available?

mtomcdev (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 01:09:29 PM

I received my bitcoins from my mining and wanted to throw one more at a VICR contract. the VICR it is not available. is it stopped? will it be available?

Thank your for your support, the VICR is currently not available and we will inform the community here regarding to how we continue with the VICR contracts.
mtomcdev (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 07:38:00 PM

Development Update

We have a press release about the latest developments surrounding GadgetNet and GadgetCoin.

Open-source Internet of Things micropayment processing hits the market

Today ZoVolt Ltd and GadgetNet LLC announced a partnership to bring open source Internet micropayment processing to the mainstream market. The two companies will work together to develop a secure IoT solution based on block-chain technology that will enable consumers to unlock the full potential of their Internet of Things gadgets. By securing and streamlining the way the devices interact with the user a whole new realm of possibilities are opened up for system integrators and manufacturers looking to breach the divide between machine and consumer.

ZoVolt Ltd will bring years of hardware and software development experience to the partnership, having been developing a wireless ECG sensor for the telemedicine sector since 2013. GadgetNet LLC will bring its open source community development to the partnership and manage the project.
Tibor Pardi, CTO of ZoVolt stated that “There is clear synergy between the two companies and we are delighted to be bringing our expertise to the table to try and make this partnership successful”
The first practical application of the partnership will be the streemo peer-to-peer live video streaming service at http://www.streemo.net, which will be going live shortly.

About Zovolt Ltd – Zovolt Ltd is a technology company located in Herefordshire, UK – specializing in secure Internet of Things solutions and  embedded devices development. The company has successfully gone through their first round of seed funding and are now actively developing a secure IoT software framework and a wireless ECG sensor to deliver sensitive patient data to doctors remotely.

About GadgetNet LLC – GadgetNet LLC is a Delaware based company specializing in block-chain technology, open source peer to peer and digital currency software development. GadgetNet is currently actively involved in managing and setting up the streemo.net peer to peer video steaming service.

http://www.newswiretoday.com/news/153924/

mtomcdev (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 07:53:20 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2015, 09:45:25 PM by mtomcdev

In this partnership we will be responsible for the
- Open source releases and maintaining the open source code base
- Updating the community with the latest news about GadgetNet
- Managing the project
- Developing and maintaining GadgetCoin  

ZoVolt Ltd will be
- manufacturing GadgetNet specific hardware such as the development board
- donating development resources to complete the P2P live video streaming application and the IoT micropayments framework
- donating hardware and hosting our services until we have revenue and can manage that by ourselves
- taking the technology to IoT system integrators by providing support and consultancy services

The GadgetCoin team would like to say a huge thank you for ZoVolt Ltd for their support and working with us to make the GadgetNet technology a success!

mtomcdev (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 07:54:05 PM

Development Update

We have a press release about the latest developments surrounding GadgetNet and GadgetCoin.

Open-source Internet of Things micropayment processing hits the market

Today ZoVolt Ltd and GadgetNet LLC announced a partnership to bring open source Internet micropayment processing to the mainstream market. The two companies will work together to develop a secure IoT solution based on block-chain technology that will enable consumers to unlock the full potential of their Internet of Things gadgets. By securing and streamlining the way the devices interact with the user a whole new realm of possibilities are opened up for system integrators and manufacturers looking to breach the divide between machine and consumer.

ZoVolt Ltd will bring years of hardware and software development experience to the partnership, having been developing a wireless ECG sensor for the telemedicine sector since 2013. GadgetNet LLC will bring its open source community development to the partnership and manage the project.
Tibor Pardi, CTO of ZoVolt stated that “There is clear synergy between the two companies and we are delighted to be bringing our expertise to the table to try and make this partnership successful”
The first practical application of the partnership will be the streemo peer-to-peer live video streaming service at http://www.streemo.net, which will be going live shortly.

About Zovolt Ltd – Zovolt Ltd is a technology company located in Herefordshire, UK – specializing in secure Internet of Things solutions and  embedded devices development. The company has successfully gone through their first round of seed funding and are now actively developing a secure IoT software framework and a wireless ECG sensor to deliver sensitive patient data to doctors remotely.

About GadgetNet LLC – GadgetNet LLC is a Delaware based company specializing in block-chain technology, open source peer to peer and digital currency software development. GadgetNet is currently actively involved in managing and setting up the streemo.net peer to peer video steaming service.

http://www.newswiretoday.com/news/153924/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: