Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:50:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [GDGC] GadgetCoin | IoT | M2M |Smart Contracts on Hardware  (Read 88479 times)
Edward_Cryptonit

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 08:40:34 PM

Thanks for this important feature. Btw. did anybody manage to make it work? Have already installed it, but not able to enter wallet anymore. After entering username/pass the system does not ask the 2FA code and simply sends to index page.

Regards.

I am using Chrome and 2FA works fine for me. The 2FA window is popping up. I can't login if an incorrect code is entered, and the login is successful if the code is valid.

Thanks for a follow up. Managed to make it work,

Regards.

Cryptonit.net - reliable cryptocurrency exchange.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
delulo

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 03:47:12 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2015, 03:58:33 PM by delulo

Lots to read here Smiley

First of all, thank you for what seems like a serious project with a long term perspective! IoT is a big one! I just read this report yesterday: http://www.finextra.com/finextra-downloads/newsdocs/The%20Fintech%202%200%20Paper.PDF

A few questions:
1. Do you plan to make your names public (sometimes in the future (when a company has been built))?
2. How are the plans to monetize the project? Through a consultancy model? Through forging and owning GDC?
3. What gives value to the gadgetcoins? Only that they are burned when the gadget blockchain is used?
4. What is the supply curve for forging GDC? Is it linear?
5. Since the big guys (IBM etc.) are working on this too. What would you say is your competitive advantage? What use cases are you targeting that suit your competitive advantage and that IBM etc. are maybe not targeting?

Lots of questions I know. You don't have to answer all of them, especially if you are not comfortable answering them! Smiley But I am very interested in what you do!

Thanks for your questions and great to see you in this thread!

Thanks for pointing out the Fintech document. We sent just recently a brochure to Santander to offer our consultancy service in distributed ledgers, device micropayments and assist the banks to implement blockchain based ledgers. This leads to the answer of your question 2. The plan is to monetize
a) by providing consultancy services for financial institutions and mainly to IoT system integrators who wish to build services on the GadgetNet blockchain. The adult and gamers themes are important for the project, but in long term we would like to be a generic IoT blockchain to enable the implementation of all type of professional and industrial services on the GadgetNet blockchain. Then, we will be there to assist bussinesses with our consultancy service.
b) From advertisements. Amazon's 1 billion dollar investment in twitch.tv indicates that there is money in live video streaming advertisements. We can do a few things better than twitch.tv does and we believe we can generate advertisement revenue on the platform, in both with the adult service jizzmo.net and the gamers service streemo.net.

As for other questions
1) Once the live streaming and FIAT processing start at the end of July, a legal and properly formed business must involve with the project, and then the participants will be known, though some of the developers wish to keep contributing anonymously.

3) I think what gives value to GDC are that the coins will be burned upon purchasing them from the coin holders as well as the real use case triggered ongoing demand will presumably establish a trust, and the public trust probably will increase the price

4) I am not sure if I understand correctly the economics of this, but I believe it is not linear, with increasing number of broadcasters it will be an increasing forging process

5) It is always a slippery slope for noname, start-up software developers to explain how we will take on IBM, Oracle and Microsoft - regardless of this we can't wait for the opportunity of the demonstrating of our over ambitious plan, so the answer is, of course we will be able to compete with IBM  Smiley On the serious note, we believe IBM has overlooked two very important aspects of the system design, and it seems IoT system integrators agree with us on this.

a) the system must be able to comply with laws and regulations such as money laundering regulations, and must be accessible to law enforcement if and when it is required. Without this no IoT system integrator nor real world business will touch the IoT blockchain. Of course one can run GadgetNet without enabling those modules and serve the darknet, but we designed the system that the default configuration is to comply with regulations and law enforcement. IBM's ADEPT system simply doesn't do that. Of course one can build services on the IBM system to satisfy regulatory requirements but GadgetNet does this by default (that's why we have centralized trusted nodes by default)

b) The bigger issue with IBM's sytem is, they overlooked the requirement for privacy. IoT system integrators won't touch the system when financial data is traceable in the block chain and an observer can figure out e.g. a CCTV camera activities and performed how much transactions and when. Gadgetnet address this issue by introducing the private/public blockchain concept. We explained this in our white paper and in our blog at http://bit.ly/1FXIihV.

We shared our view on regulatory and privacy requirements with Paul Brody, chief scientist of IBM and I think they are thinking about how to progress (though Brody is already gone to EY).

I am sorry for the long winded reply, but these are important questions.

Thanks a lot for your answers! I find the project very refreshing and I am pleased to see that you not only develop technology but are focused on actual use cases.

Isn't there a contradiction between the following two sentences:
Broadcasters pay the network fee in GadgetCoin, and therefore first they must buy GadgetCoin to pay the network fee. This is handled automatically behind the scenes by the system. Since GadgetCoins can be obtained only by forging the coins, without forging the network simply does not work. (
from http://blog.gadgetcoin.org/2015/06/gadgetnetwork-forging-economy-explained/).

Is it correct that there is no limited supply / predictable supply curve for Gadgetcoin? In other words: Will the return always be limited to the 300% gain from buying ore via a VICR contract to selling them latter on the market where demand is created by models (or other users of the network) that have to pay a 5% network fee in Gadgetcoins? Or is the supply limited and and the price per Gadgetcoin to pay the 5% fee varies?

http://blog.gadgetcoin.org/2015/06/gadgetnets-publicprivate-blockchain-concept/ I didn't fully get this. I understand and agree with your analysis on privacy requirements with IoT applications but I didn't understand how your realize privacy but still use a blockchain? You didn't explain how the public and the private blockchains you mention are used within the system (bigger picture).

Let me try to summarize what you have developed / offer:

Since you have a p2p protocol for sharing video streams I would be curious what you think about this: https://github.com/bytemaster/bytemaster.github.io/blob/master/_posts/2015-01-10-Thoughts-on-MaidSafe-and-an-Alternative-Approach.md It's been a wile since I read it but as far as I remember it says that the only advantage of doing file sharing via a p2p network is being cencorship resistant but even that could be achieved with a centralized solution (see the article). I'd add security/privacy as an advantage here.

Related:
media server nodes can assist in propagating the data until several users connect, at which point the node will remove itself and let the users take over, thus achieving “true P2P”. The more viewers connect the more stable the quality of the stream becomes. The entire point of this is naturally to eliminate the high server costs normally associating with streaming HD video.
(source: http://blog.gadgetcoin.org/2015/06/gadgetnetwork-p2p-streaming-explained/)  and
Services like LiveJasmin or MyFreeCams take huge cuts off the streamers mainly due to the having to cover high server costs.
(source: http://blog.gadgetcoin.org/2015/06/gadgetnetwork-p2p-streaming-explained/)
-> Is it really that sever costs with a centralized server are higher than with a p2p streaming network and if so are the server costs really the main reason why networks like livejasmin take such high percentages?

Does someone watching a stream over the Gadget-network have higher upstream traffic than when watching the stream from a centralized server? Wouldnt that have to be taken into account into the overall cost / efficiency calculation?

Where can I see the code?

mtomcdev (OP)

Activity: 310

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 02:16:46 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2015, 02:37:58 AM by mtomcdev

Is it correct that there is no limited supply / predictable supply curve for Gadgetcoin? In other words: Will the return always be limited to the 300% gain from buying ore via a VICR contract to selling them latter on the market where demand is created by models (or other users of the network) that have to pay a 5% network fee in Gadgetcoins? Or is the supply limited and and the price per Gadgetcoin to pay the 5% fee varies?

The latest one. The VICR contracts are not available any more, the number of coins are limited to 97,000 and this number will be decreasing due to the buy back & burn process. It is entirely possible that if the platform will be doing well and will be popular, and in the meantime the forging will be low then the Gadgetcoin price could go very-very high. Let say if there will be only 10,000 coins and there are thousands of users who must pay network fee then the price of GDC must be adjusted to reflect the supply/demand ratio in the price. We are working on a pricing algorithm - this will be a public contract in the blockchain - which will take into account supply, demand as well as exchange prices to determine the price that the end-users (broadcasters) must pay for a Gadgetcoin.

http://blog.gadgetcoin.org/2015/06/gadgetnets-publicprivate-blockchain-concept/ I didn't fully get this. I understand and agree with your analysis on privacy requirements with IoT applications but I didn't understand how your realize privacy but still use a blockchain? You didn't explain how the public and the private blockchains you mention are used within the system (bigger picture).

You are quite right that this (too) has not been explained clearly, and we are working on a new version of the white paper to address this topic among others.
If you check the blockchain explorer that will probably explain how the system implements the public/private blockchain concept. The blockchain in GadgetNet is a financial and contract ledger. For example, all VICR contracts are in the blockchain, and when you look at your own VICR contracts then you can see all details as all data are exposed to the UI - we say, this is your private blockchain when all financial details are visible for yourself, the owner of the transaction. If you create an other user account and you log in using that account, then you will see the account details of your purchase are not in the public blockchain. You will see someone paid x amount for the VICR contract, but in order to protect the privacy of the payee, the account name is not revealed (nor the public key based signature which would allow data mining and figuring out who is the owner). On the other hand, the recipient of the VICR money is fully auditable, but the VICR is a special case because we wanted to make the process absolutely transparent. With the video broadcasting, perhaps understandably, the models' earnings won't be public, but the total earnings all models will be transparent in the public blockchain, so the users will be able to audit how much network fee must be collecting each day.
In a nutshell, the private/public blockchain is the presentation of data based on access control policies - others have no right to review how much e.g. adult content you have purchased. It is in the blockchain that a user bought some adult content from an other user, but the details of the transaction are only visible to the parties of the transaction.
Thanks for raising this point, experts are working on clarifications with regards to this topic for the white paper which will be hopefully cleaner than the above explanation.

Since you have a p2p protocol for sharing video streams I would be curious what you think about this: https://github.com/bytemaster/bytemaster.github.io/blob/master/_posts/2015-01-10-Thoughts-on-MaidSafe-and-an-Alternative-Approach.md It's been a wile since I read it but as far as I remember it says that the only advantage of doing file sharing via a p2p network is being cencorship resistant but even that could be achieved with a centralized solution (see the article). I'd add security/privacy as an advantage here.

That's absolutely right, the privacy and security is a USP. We are working on a nice application that uses I2P and P2P, this will be particularly useful for investigating journalists and a whistleblowers, or at the other side of the fence for military and security agents - there is no central server, noe Skype, no Viber and the video session is untraceable using I2P, P2P and encrypted streams. P2P, PPK infrastructure and I2P allows full anonymity, the data integrity is guaranteed as well as the data being secured.

However, the big one is not this, but the scalability. Bytemaster, Daniel Larimer is a genius but I assume live video streaming isn't his main area of expertises and probably he hasn't realized that the main problem with centralized live video streaming such as Ustream, twitch.tv and Wowza that centralized live stream can't scale very well. Even VOD streaming (Netflix) required a billion dollar investment to have the infrastructure to serve millions of users and that is not live but "only" VOD. Millions of servers would be required to broadcast the Olympic opening ceremony to several hundreds million viewers, and hundreds of thousands servers to live stream the Super Bowl if that would be Internet based broadcasting and such infrastructure just doesn't exists. P2P live video streaming solves the scalability issue. Some users in this thread quoted the inventor of bittorrent Bram Cohen (please see the links), and we agree with him that P2P live streaming can revolutionize the whole TV industry

http://bit.ly/1HQxZUa
http://bit.ly/1KSaZEX

Where can I see the code?

Soon at github. We will be rolling it out step by step. This is a system written from scratch and we want to make sure that a stable content is released.

Netzer

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 01:58:27 PM

Dev! I don't think you can beat the TV industry! We need realistic plans!
mtomcdev (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 02:16:27 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2015, 06:21:33 PM by mtomcdev

It's like the story of two guys running from a bear. If you are one of the guys you don't have to outrun the bear - you just have to outrun the other guy.

We are realistic and we understand in step one we don't have to beat the big bear, the TV industry. First, we aim to provide better live video streaming than Ustream, Wowza and twitch.tv services are. The open source, P2P, decentralized GadgetNet will be able to offer significantly cheaper and some magnitudes scalable live video streaming than the centralized providers.
mtomcdev (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 12:59:00 AM

Based on user comments and recommendations we have made some changes on the 2FA feature of the wallet.
Thanks for the comments and feedbacks, it helps a lot in designing a better software.

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 06:40:25 AM

It's like the story of two guys running from a bear. If you are one of the guys you don't have to outrun the bear - you just have to outrun the other guy.

We are realistic and we understand in step one we don't have to beat the big bear, the TV industry. First, we aim to provide better live video streaming than Ustream, Wowza and twitch.tv services are. The open source, P2P, decentralized GadgetNet will be able to offer significantly cheaper and some magnitudes scalable live video streaming than the centralized providers.

I'm getting more confused by the moment here...

All of a sudden, your tokens' price has been increased 5-fold because the "growing interest of industry providers allows you to be more aggressive", if I am quoting you correctly... and what kind of interest, specifically, are you talking about? Mr. Pardi's of ZoVolt? Because I am burdened to say that Mr. Pardi's "achievements" are severely lacking all along his previous enterprises (all closed down, no sale) and current one who only found one interested party in its crowdfunding offering, more likely than not, Mr Pardi himself being that individual. If  there are other, CONCRETE, interested parties, you have failed to communicate those, so I am growingly confused, naturally.

But it also piked my curiosity the unilateral decision of quintuple the cost of those tokens which, by an exercise of simple math, will result in an increment in the costs of the netcasting, so to speak, which will automatically go from an estimated 5 to 10% of current costs (and that's a ball-park estimation, not really based on any specific data on an apples-to-apples comparison, is it?), to 25 to 50%, thus making the proposition much less attractive to current users of competitive, true and tested services. I must have missed quite a bit in these convoluted white papers and explanations, I'm afraid...

Some research posted here, has the guy who created BitTorrent embarked, basically, on a quest for a product very similar to yours (the announced one, that is, the one that is, for now and the time being, just an unproven idea), with practically unlimited resources of the financial kind and many others (contacts, free publicity, obvious credibility), so far having failed to actually put that idea in practical motion... but you, with a few "believers" here and the "growing interest" of some "industry providers" feel brazen enough to not just increment 5-fold the cost to broadcasters, unilaterally and still without anything to show that you will ever be capable of transmit anything, but to contend that you will actually be doing so and take on the whole TV industry... in due time. Wow. Simply wow.

And then there's the LLC... no small matter, mind you. A Delaware (US) registered enterprise if I am correctly informed. And set by a guy of two, still quite anonymous to most "believers", of whom no one knows anything whatsoever and that are located in some parts of Europe, maybe Northern Europe. Even if we were to assume that the LLC would be crazily successful and in a few months would get major profits, even a buy out offer (by Apple, or IBM or even Facebook), what would be in it for the "forgers", "believers", ores owners, etc?

I am pretty sure I am missing a lot of this very confusing picture... almost as sure as I am that clarification won't be coming in any sensible manner any time soon. In any case, once again, much luck in your quest. I have a stronq feeling you are going to need much more than that to be able to pull this one out. But hey, what's common sense to do with talk of mooning, large penises and every conceivable manner of sex, including midget sex. Especially midget sex, right? (*)

For those who might be interested, these references have to do with a thread about Bobsurplus and his crew in the Alternate currencies forum and is post here for humor purposes only... well, almost.
mtomcdev (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 10:47:42 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2015, 12:54:36 PM by mtomcdev

All of a sudden, your tokens' price has been increased 5-fold because the "growing interest of industry providers allows you to be more aggressive", if I am quoting you correctly... and what kind of interest, specifically, are you talking about? Mr. Pardi's of ZoVolt? Because I am burdened to say that Mr. Pardi's "achievements" are severely lacking all along his previous enterprises (all closed down, no sale) and current one who only found one interested party in its crowdfunding offering, more likely than not, Mr Pardi himself being that individual. If  there are other, CONCRETE, interested parties, you have failed to communicate those, so I am growingly confused, naturally.

But it also piked my curiosity the unilateral decision of quintuple the cost of those tokens which, by an exercise of simple math, will result in an increment in the costs of the netcasting, so to speak, which will automatically go from an estimated 5 to 10% of current costs (and that's a ball-park estimation, not really based on any specific data on an apples-to-apples comparison, is it?), to 25 to 50%, thus making the proposition much less attractive to current users of competitive, true and tested services. I must have missed quite a bit in these convoluted white papers and explanations, I'm afraid...

Some research posted here, has the guy who created BitTorrent embarked, basically, on a quest for a product very similar to yours (the announced one, that is, the one that is, for now and the time being, just an unproven idea), with practically unlimited resources of the financial kind and many others (contacts, free publicity, obvious credibility), so far having failed to actually put that idea in practical motion... but you, with a few "believers" here and the "growing interest" of some "industry providers" feel brazen enough to not just increment 5-fold the cost to broadcasters, unilaterally and still without anything to show that you will ever be capable of transmit anything, but to contend that you will actually be doing so and take on the whole TV industry... in due time. Wow. Simply wow.

And then there's the LLC... no small matter, mind you. A Delaware (US) registered enterprise if I am correctly informed. And set by a guy of two, still quite anonymous to most "believers", of whom no one knows anything whatsoever and that are located in some parts of Europe, maybe Northern Europe. Even if we were to assume that the LLC would be crazily successful and in a few months would get major profits, even a buy out offer (by Apple, or IBM or even Facebook), what would be in it for the "forgers", "believers", ores owners, etc?

I am pretty sure I am missing a lot of this very confusing picture... almost as sure as I am that clarification won't be coming in any sensible manner any time soon. In any case, once again, much luck in your quest. I have a stronq feeling you are going to need much more than that to be able to pull this one out. But hey, what's common sense to do with talk of mooning, large penises and every conceivable manner of sex, including midget sex. Especially midget sex, right? (*)

For those who might be interested, these references have to do with a thread about Bobsurplus and his crew in the Alternate currencies forum and is post here for humor purposes only... well, almost.

With regards to the concrete interest, I posted last week in this thread that a press release will be out to explain the details. We are very happy that streemo and GadgetNet will be used for a concrete use case and we are already working on the implementation details to integrate CCTV cameras. I hope we will have all details in the next 24 hours or few days to publish the press release.

Please note, the US$ 5.00 price does not mean the cost of broadcasting will be 5 times more. Broadcasters' network fee is a percentage, typically 5% of the gross revenue and therefore, from broadcasters standpoint it is irrelevant whether the price of GadgetCoin is US 1.00, US$ 5.00 or US$ 100.00. Because of the interest in GadgetNet as well as the very limited coin supply, the broadcasters will have to pay the network fee by buying GadgetCoin on a US$ 5.00 instead of US$ 1.00 price, and a smart contract guaranties that broadcasters will pay no less than US$ 5.00 for a GadgetCoin. The higher price has effect only on the coin supply, higher coin price causes slowing burning rate, but it won't increase the cost of broadcasting. The US$ 5.00 price does not increment 5-fold the cost to broadcasters, as you said it will be.

As for the LLC, the idea is to form a DAC (decentralized autonomous company) and use the structure of a legally registered company. We also said this is an idea only and we don't guaranty anything regarding this. As we stated, if such structure isn't legal in the US then we will try to implement it in Europe or somewhere else. Nothing has finalized regarding this. If the VICR investors are keen to do business with us then we will talk to them, work out the details and the DAC will be organized in a jurisdiction where such cooperation is legal. The DAC has nothing to do with forging nor with future ores, if it will be implemented, it will be as we said for existing VICR owners.

With regards to Bram Cohen and his P2P live video streaming vision, I agree with our supporters that Bram Cohen has already changed how people consume media. His invention had direct impact on the whole music, TV and movie industry. We think it is probably worth listening what such a successful and influential technology person says about innovation, we fully subscribe to his idea about the potentials in P2P live streaming, and we are working on the release of our open source software application that does P2P live video streaming.

We are very sorry that you don't think this idea worth your support and we will be working very hard to win you over.

altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 12:36:14 PM

Good job devs!

I strongly suggest to set the network fee smart contract and network fee coin price at US 10. The broadcasters, CCTV camera device owners wouldn't care and they will be perfectly fine with the US $ 10 price, but in my opinion a higher network fee related GDC price is very important for coin holders. Higher price would slow down the burning and buy back which is obviously a minus, but the 10 dollars per GDC network fee related price most likely will result a very good price off exchange and on the exchanges once the coin is listed. The 10 dollars per GDC network fee related price also means that there is an incentive for outside crypto investors to start buying GDC both off exchange and on exchanges for US 2.50 or even more for a US $ 5 to realize a 100% profit.

That's great you are working on CCTV integration! Does the application support alarms?

Do you plan integrating baby monitors? That would be a nice use case, grandparents will be happy to pay US $ 1-2 for an Internet connected baby monitor to watch their grand child from browser, on HTML5 platform from anywhere and on any devices.
albert_mt

Activity: 225

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 01:51:54 PM

i would be happy with the USD 10 price and i don't mind the slower burning and buyback rate, but the exchange price will be higher with USD 10 internal price.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 03:41:33 PM

With regards to the concrete interest, I posted last week in this thread that a press release will be out to explain the details. We are very happy that streemo and GadgetNet will be used for a concrete use case and we are already working on the implementation details to integrate CCTV cameras. I hope we will have all details in the next 24 hours or few days to publish the press release.

Please note, the US$ 5.00 price does not mean the cost of broadcasting will be 5 times more. Broadcasters' network fee is a percentage, typically 5% of the gross revenue and therefore, from broadcasters standpoint it is irrelevant whether the price of GadgetCoin is US 1.00, US$ 5.00 or US$ 100.00. Because of the interest in GadgetNet as well as the very limited coin supply, the broadcasters will have to pay the network fee by buying GadgetCoin on a US$ 5.00 instead of US$ 1.00 price, and a smart contract guaranties that broadcasters will pay no less than US$ 5.00 for a GadgetCoin. The higher price has effect only on the coin supply, higher coin price causes slowing burning rate, but it won't increase the cost of broadcasting. The US$ 5.00 price does not increment 5-fold the cost to broadcasters, as you said it will be.

As for the LLC, the idea is to form a DAC (decentralized autonomous company) and use the structure of a legally registered company. We also said this is an idea only and we don't guaranty anything regarding this. As we stated, if such structure isn't legal in the US then we will try to implement it in Europe or somewhere else. Nothing has finalized regarding this. If the VICR investors are keen to do business with us then we will talk to them, work out the details and the DAC will be organized in a jurisdiction where such cooperation is legal. The DAC has nothing to do with forging nor with future ores, if it will be implemented, it will be as we said for existing VICR owners.

With regards to Bram Cohen and his P2P live video streaming vision, I agree with our supporters that Bram Cohen has already changed how people consume media. His invention had direct impact on the whole music, TV and movie industry. We think it is probably worth listening what such a successful and influential technology person says about innovation, we fully subscribe to his idea about the potentials in P2P live streaming, and we are working on the release of our open source software application that does P2P live video streaming.

We are very sorry that you don't think this idea worth your support and we will be working very hard to win you over.

Oh no, no, no, no... I support the IDEA just fine. 100%, in fact. I just strongly doubt you can actually implement it in any practical, usable way. The IDEA is quite old and successfully tried, in fact. By Netflix, most notably on a large scale, and by hundreds, thousands of others in many other cases that have been referenced exhaustively in this thread, so the idea is quite good. And quite old. Nothing against it. And much less about providing "a better service for a very small fraction of the cost... with scalability advantages practically ad-infinitum". Again, brilliant idea, I just don't believe you can do it. Very simply. You can "gain me over" very easily: Just offer proof, any proof at all, that you can actually do it and I'm in. Mind you, my objection is QUITE EDUCATED: Not only Cohen (and IBM), among many others -all with practically unlimited resources-,  have so far failed to achieve what you present here, on paper, practically as children's play, but Netflix with all its financial might, has had to appeal -and get- government support to face the extortion attempts by the carriers in the US. And all of this being stupidly unaware that these two kids from somewhere in Northern Europa have the magical tech down pat, that they can implement practically at will, with just a few inexpensive servers, that would solve all their problems for a fraction of the many millions they spend on carrying their streaming... boy are they out of touch with reality, aren't they? Of course Netflix would probably think it twice before committing to a 5% of their grosses, but I believe that "small detail" could easily be adjusted given the size of such grosses, right? who said there would be any problem at all whatsoever... except that, under current technology, there's simply no possibility whatsoever to provide that service, no matter the size of the network of servers and no matter the cost. It would take, oh I don't know, millions of powerful servers connected and monitored 24/7 to be able to deliver the content, many millions of them, like the full capacity of Amazon about 10 million times over. Or more. And then, after having access to those servers, you would still have, among many other "small problems", the issue of latency, pesky shit... but hey, who's counting, right? One press-release here, one white paper there, confusing or not, it will keep the ball rolling, so to speak, while there won't still be anything at all whatsoever that proves that you can actually broadcast anything at all. Faith and ideas, even old ones, that's the engine that moves this project. Oh, and Mr. Pardi's support, of course... never mind the fact that Mr. Pardi seems to not have been able to ever sell, actually sell, any of his IDEAS over many years.

I know "you are working" on several issues. Technical ones and legal ones. But mostly on press releases, seemingly. Because time passes and NOTHING HAPPENS. Meanwhile your company, as I understand it, is registered in Delaware as an LLC and the IDEA of a DAC -not that big of a burden- remains just an IDEA, nothing else... all the while you are sounding like implementation of some kind, beyond press releases, is all but imminent. Sorry I forgot about the conditional you repeated regarding the subject, the kipling-esque IF...

Now, on the subject of the TOKEN. If price is not an issue, why stop at $5. Why not not just $10 like it has been suggested, why not $1,000? Heck, $10,000 even? what is the CRITERIA to set one price or the other, scarcity you said? That would be a relative term, right? If no one is interested in buying, 1 is too many; if a lot of people is indeed interested, then it could present a significant problem (and price squeeze), but who cares, right? since the broadcasters would pay always the same FIAT amount, why not have the contract holders happy, right? And, in that case and for that purpose, once again, why not go 5-fold again, to $50? after all, "interest" can only increment as more and more press releases are issued...

I'm sure you understand my skepticism at the moment, but be sure I remain able and more than willing to be swept over by any trace at all of proof of viability and action on both the tech and the legal fronts. Any whatsoever. Press releases notwithstanding.
mtomcdev (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 04:53:41 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2015, 05:33:47 PM by mtomcdev

Just to clarify,

As probably most users of this thread understand, the GadgetNet video streaming services jizzmo and streemo, as part of our generic IoT framework aims to provide a live video streaming software. Netflix - as probably most of you know that and in case if don't we explained it above - provides VOD, video on-demand service. VOD, Netflix's business has nothing to do with live streaming. Live video streaming and GadgetNet are different than what Netflix does and offer.

As we explained in our latest update, we have been working on integrating CCTV camera devices, exchange integration, the UI, etc. and therefore, we are not only working on the press release and nothing else.

mtomcdev (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 05:16:49 PM

Good job devs!

That's great you are working on CCTV integration! Does the application support alarms?

Do you plan integrating baby monitors? That would be a nice use case, grandparents will be happy to pay US $ 1-2 for an Internet connected baby monitor to watch their grand child from browser, on HTML5 platform from anywhere and on any devices.

Thank you for your support!

Yes, we are testing a device which has alarm function. The alarm triggers signal on the screen or via SMS, but either cases the alarms need to wired up with our IoT framework and as we said, the integration takes time, but we have started working on this industrial use case and the end user will be using the devices on streemo.

With regards to the baby monitor use case, we are wiring up an indoor home monitoring camera device from the same manufacturer. It has sound and HD video quality so it can be used as a baby monitor, but it is a more capable device and it is suitable for different types of indoor, live monitoring use cases.

altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 06:27:28 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2015, 06:40:39 PM by altcoinUK

Good job devs!

Thank you for your support!

Yes, we are testing a device which has alarm function. The alarm triggers signal on the screen or via SMS, but either cases the alarms need to wired up with our IoT framework and as we said, the integration takes time, but we have started working on this industrial use case and the end user will be using the devices on streemo.

With regards to the baby monitor use case, we are wiring up an indoor home monitoring camera device from the same manufacturer. It has sound and HD video quality so it can be used as a baby monitor, but it is a more capable device and it is suitable for different types of indoor, live monitoring use cases.

Fantastic, the indoor monitoring should be a good opportunity too.

I suggest don't bother with the negativity and trolling! Ethereum received 25 millions US $ and hasn't released the final platform yet though it was promised by April. Supernet core was promised by January and the full platform hasn't released yet even James got a few million dollars to make things happen which indicate software design takes time. More importantly, you explained clearly in your roadmap when you will deliver what and so far you have delivered everything you promised: working blockchain, working smart contracts, working 1 second transaction, 2FA, jizzmo is accepting applications, integration of industrial IoT use cases with streemo started, etc. Well done, don't be discouraged by the negativity and keep up the good work!
albert_mt

Activity: 225

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 07:23:02 PM

the jizzmo and streemo sites will be great + IoT is the future.

VICR contracts at USD 5 will be at 1600% profit.  Grin

thanks, and keep up the good work devs!
threedaymonk

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 09:09:48 PM

Just to clarify,

As probably most users of this thread understand, the GadgetNet video streaming services jizzmo and streemo, as part of our generic IoT framework aims to provide a live video streaming software. Netflix - as probably most of you know that and in case if don't we explained it above - provides VOD, video on-demand service. VOD, Netflix's business has nothing to do with live streaming. Live video streaming and GadgetNet are different than what Netflix does and offer.

As we explained in our latest update, we have been working on integrating CCTV camera devices, exchange integration, the UI, etc. and therefore, we are not only working on the press release and nothing else.

Just remember that barabbas is either an idiot with too much time on his hands, or a professional troll. You wouldn't believe the amount of coins that he comes in and FUDs with daily essay length ignorant posts. Yet he supports Paycoin.
zsp

Activity: 181

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:01:19 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2015, 02:34:48 PM by zsp

Just to clarify,

Just remember that barabbas is either an idiot with too much time on his hands, or a professional troll. You wouldn't believe the amount of coins that he comes in and FUDs with daily essay length ignorant posts. Yet he supports Paycoin.

The combination of both, 70% idiot and 30% troll.

I know absolutely nothing about video streaming, but by now I understand as it was explained to this idiot many times that the jizzmo and streemo sites at stage one will be using a hybrid model with RTMP streaming to be able to serve Flash clients. In the meantime the team works on a novel P2P live streaming software, but jizzmo and streemo will not be true P2P at stage one. The idiot doesn't understand this (70%) and keep trolling that nothing is happening, and where is the P2P application (30%), which by the way is due by 1st December 2015 according to the road map.
zsp

Activity: 181

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:25:04 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2015, 02:34:36 PM by zsp

Just to clarify,

As a VICR owner I would prefer you focus on the development instead of trying to convince this idiot. I believe VICR owners understand what you are trying to achieve, you have a very good plan with real world use cases and lot of works ahead.

You are young, enthusiastic and you want to win over everyone, but believe me, you don't have to win over the resident wanker of Bitcointalk forum.

You and others explained many times to this idiot what is your application, what P2P and VOD are, what the hybrid model of GadgetNet means, what's your vision regarding the generic IoT platform, what is on the roadmap. The idiot is still coming back with his obsessions that you haven't released the P2P yet. He is stupid and troll, you can't do anything with that unfortunate but powerful configuration which seems is default and isn't adjustable in his case.

Keep up the good work and don't worry about the trolls!
mtomcdev (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:31:42 PM

Thank you for your support! The team is developing and testing the work items of the next release, we are not resting until we deliver what is on the road map.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 12:32:51 AM

Just to clarify,

As a VICR owner I would prefer you focus on the development instead of trying to convince this idiot. I believe VICR owners understand what you are trying to achieve, you have a very good plan with real world use cases and lot of works ahead.

You are young, enthusiastic and you want to win over everyone, but believe me, you don't have to win over the resident wanker of Bitcointalk forum.

You and others explained many times to this idiot what is your application, what P2P and VOD are, what the hybrid model of GadgetNet means, what's your vision regarding the generic IoT platform, what is on the roadmap. The idiot is still coming back with his obsessions that you haven't released the P2P yet. He is stupid and troll, you can't do anything with that unfortunate but powerful configuration which seems is default and isn't adjustable in his case.

Not that it would have any meaning to you, of course, but this "idiot/troll" has denounced, with a rate of... oh 100% success, quite a few crypto projects that have ended up being a failure. Not a major feat, mind you, for so many do fail because they are either straight out scams or non-viable ones, but still the record stands.

As a VICR owner you are just a cut throat blind greedy bastard bent on doing any and all things to try to get your "investment" to be profitable at ANY AND ALL costs, those including but not limited too, insulting, blatantly lying and any other form of enticement to get your hands on newbies' money, that's exactly and completely what you are, nothing else.

Once again, dev, I'd be first in line to celebrate if, in fact, you can deliver on ANY front. Until then though, it would not only be premature but quite a long shot.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: