Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:12:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 [589] 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3377005 times)
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 08:02:42 AM

PayBase has been open for how long ...3 days ?  I am a little tired of seeing all of the $20 per coin posts.  if that many wanted out, the coin got to about $15-17 bucks on most exchanges...why didn't you all cash out then ?  What i am seeing is many overextended themselves and are either in a BTCJAM or heavily in debt with CC's.  if you fall into that category you took a huge gamble, and basically played this investment as if it were a stock option as opposed to an long-term investment.  Give Josh/GAW time to implement and roll out the new features/services this coin will be able to offer.  This $20 witch hunt got old fast.  

No, we want confidence that anything near $20 that GAW promised can be held.  The whole point of this currency was to promote stability.  I have no choice but to be patient at this point, but it doesn't look promising.
interstellar

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 08:08:20 AM

Oh, near the bottom of this thread is priceless. So much "awakening" going on now...

https://hashtalk.org/topic/26931/xpy-price-floor/548
puwaha

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 08:09:09 AM

Are you pro and anti gaw at this point? Your thoughts seem close to the center to me, not shill-like... I have no idea why anyone would have a problem with your comments... But I could just be confused though lol. You are no favelle though that's for sure. I think I would remember that.

I've always stated I'm pretty neutral on the whole GAW issue.  I've been recently extremely disappointed in how things have been going down with paybase... but the "floor" is the most damning to me.  The whole point to the currency was stability.

It is not my responsibility to make paycoin stable, despite what Josh says.  Especially since there is absolutely nothing we can do with the coin other than trade it for other currencies at the moment.  I gently called him out on his "hey what do you think about referrals" thread.  There's no way I would refer anyone to paybase when it's nothing but a pretty wallet and a half-baked exchange.
eoakland

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 08:14:14 AM

PayBase has been open for how long ...3 days ?  I am a little tired of seeing all of the $20 per coin posts.  if that many wanted out, the coin got to about $15-17 bucks on most exchanges...why didn't you all cash out then ?  What i am seeing is many overextended themselves and are either in a BTCJAM or heavily in debt with CC's.  if you fall into that category you took a huge gamble, and basically played this investment as if it were a stock option as opposed to an long-term investment.  Give Josh/GAW time to implement and roll out the new features/services this coin will be able to offer.  This $20 witch hunt got old fast.  

Who are you talking to? There aren't that many HERE who ever believed in the $20 floor.

As for giving time to implement... nobody forced the CEO to brag about 100 thousand merchants and other nonsense. What you are saying basically means - thank you for the cash (HashStakers etc), now wait and hope they deliver. That was NOT the original message. And you did not come here a few weeks ago to explain that there is no $20 floor, nor did you explain it on HT a few weeks ago, which could have helped to prevent all these loans from happening if that's your concern. On the contrary, many posters here ridiculed the floor for weeks, and rightfully so, while HT visitors were adamant it was a real thing. Where were you back then?

I guess i am a fool... I have my coins, my stakers, and i am not too concerned about today's price.  everyone has a threshold/tolerance for investing, many have achieved theirs i guess. 

Code:
               ▄▄███████▄▄
            ▄███████████████▄
           ███████████████████
          █████████████████████▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄████████████████████████████▄
   ▄█████ ▐▌ ██████████████████████████▄
 ▄█████       ▀█         █          ████▄
▐███████  ███  ▐█  ██▀█▄▄█▄▄██  ██▄▄█████
████████       ██     ████████  █████████
████████  ███  ▐█  ██▄█▀▀█████  ████████▀
 ██████       ▄█         ███      █████▀
  ▀██████ ▐▌ ████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀
       ▄▄▀▀▀██████▄
    ▄██████▀▀███████▀▀▄
  ▄██████▀▄███████████▄▀▄
 ▄█ ███████████████ ████▄▄
▄██████████████████▌▐█████▄
███████████████████████████
▀▄████████▄▄▄▀▀▀████████▀▄
██████████████████████████
▀████ ████████████████████▀
 ▀████ █████████▀▄████ ██▀
  ▀████▄▀█████▀▀▄█████▌▐▀
▄███▀▄██████▄▄████▀▀▄▄▀███▄
▀██████
▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████▀
   ▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀
         ▄▄▀▀██▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▀▀██▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▄▀▄██████████
▄▀▀█▄▀█▄█▀███████████
▄▀████████▐▌██████
 █▀▄██████████▄████▄████
  ▀▄█████████████████████
   ▀▄█████████▀██████▀███
     ██████████▄██▄█████
      █████████████████████
       ▀▄████████████████
        ▀▄████████████████
          ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
interstellar

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 08:16:25 AM

Are you pro and anti gaw at this point? Your thoughts seem close to the center to me, not shill-like... I have no idea why anyone would have a problem with your comments... But I could just be confused though lol. You are no favelle though that's for sure. I think I would remember that.

I've always stated I'm pretty neutral on the whole GAW issue.  I've been recently extremely disappointed in how things have been going down with paybase... but the "floor" is the most damning to me.  The whole point to the currency was stability.

It is not my responsibility to make paycoin stable, despite what Josh says.  Especially since there is absolutely nothing we can do with the coin other than trade it for other currencies at the moment.  I gently called him out on his "hey what do you think about referrals" thread.  There's no way I would refer anyone to paybase when it's nothing but a pretty wallet and a half-baked exchange.

I totally agree. Most of us here did not believe there would be any floor. Looking back on it, it really makes things like this email I received from Gaw almost criminal in my mind.

zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 08:17:13 AM

https://hashtalk.org/topic/27223/don-t-want-your-coin-value-to-drop

get your xpy
convert to doge
convert to nubits

wait

convert to doge
convert to xpy

this is gettin hilarious Cheesy

bubbaj

Activity: 376
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 08:18:52 AM

My last post for tonight / today, if anyone bought with a credit card Via Paycoin.com, you would have a very good case for a charge back, Josh has stated many times that there was a $20.00 floor and many people here have added screen shots, so you could state in your claim for a charge back that the product was not as advertised. I would almost Guarantee you would win in this case. You could then get out with the money you spent, and if you have already staked these coins that is GAWs problem not yours. As for the actual stakers though not sure how you get those refunded.
puwaha

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 08:20:31 AM

How do they get fresh blood/money to perpetuate the "floor"?  I'm sure they could offer some new hashlet or staker but that only goes so far.

I think there are many potential scenarios, I'm just not the right person to ask, I'm not a scheming type. What about slowly dumping their millions of XPY and then issuing some other instrument for bagholders to convert the worthless coins to? Maybe issue an occasional pump too, just to maintain the legend of "trolls" dumping.

Think how hashlets suddenly became completely unprofitable and the next best thing was offered as a solution.

Yes, sorry... I'm bad about that.  I'll quote someone, when I really am speaking in general to no one in particular.
interstellar

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 08:20:36 AM

Who are you talking to? There aren't that many HERE who ever believed in the $20 floor.

As for giving time to implement... nobody forced the CEO to brag about 100 thousand merchants and other nonsense. What you are saying basically means - thank you for the cash (HashStakers etc), now wait and hope they deliver. That was NOT the original message. And you did not come here a few weeks ago to explain that there is no $20 floor, nor did you explain it on HT a few weeks ago, which could have helped to prevent all these loans from happening if that's your concern. On the contrary, many posters here ridiculed the floor for weeks, and rightfully so, while HT visitors were adamant it was a real thing. Where were you back then?

I guess i am a fool... I have my coins, my stakers, and i am not too concerned about today's price.  everyone has a threshold/tolerance for investing, many have achieved theirs i guess.  

It's no problem man. You seem like a reasoned voice and are clearly in with both eyes wide open. It's okay for you to choose to stick with it. It's def a better bet than ltcgear or that crypto-double site or any of those damn dice sites still. Come back to this thread from time to time to let us know how things are going.
interstellar

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 08:27:09 AM

My last post for tonight / today, if anyone bought with a credit card Via Paycoin.com, you would have a very good case for a charge back, Josh has stated many times that there was a $20.00 floor and many people here have added screen shots, so you could state in your claim for a charge back that the product was not as advertised. I would almost Guarantee you would win in this case. You could then get out with the money you spent, and if you have already staked these coins that is GAWs problem not yours. As for the actual stakers though not sure how you get those refunded.

I agree 100%. Credit card companies are usually on the side of customers on these things. If there's anything fishy at all going on they will side with their customer over the vendor. I've done this with my AMEX with success every single time I've tried it.
qwerty555

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 08:50:48 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2015, 09:18:10 AM by qwerty555

I totally agree. Most of us here did not believe there would be any floor. Looking back on it, it really makes things like this email I received from Gaw almost criminal in my mind.

I did not see or receive any emails but I would like to ask

1) Was the $20 floor an intention , an indication or a guarantee?

2) Was there a time period clearly stated for this floor to be reached or would they still be complying if it is reached ( and supported) in 30 days..60 days?

3) the market floor price is not stated in this particular email..was it stated in any link from this?

EDIT

So I have had a quick search It appears the $20 floor price has strings attached

https://hashtalk.org/topic/24519/am-i-reading-this-right-only-tier-4-paybase-customers-can-sell-xpy-for-fiat/11

"Tier 4

Verify two forms of government-issued ID, have an account established for 30 days
Purchase up to $75,000 of XPY with FIAT
Purchase up to $5,000 of BTC with XPY
Convert XPY to FIAT up to $5,000"

If I'm reading this right, this means that we'll have to still wait an additional 30 days after PayBase launches to actually sell any of our coins, right?
"Tier 4

Verify two forms of government-issued ID, have an account established for 30 days
Purchase up to $75,000 of XPY with FIAT
Purchase up to $5,000 of BTC with XPY
Convert XPY to FIAT up to $5,000"

If I'm reading this right, this means that we'll have to still wait an additional 30 days after PayBase launches to actually sell any of our coins, right?

(abbreviated)
Tier 1
May purchase XPY with BTC
May send / withdraw XPY to wallets
May apply for Tier 2 verification.

Tier 2
Verify a credit card or bank account
Purchase up to $500 of BTC with XPY

Tier 3
Verify Identity using public records
Purchase up to $2,500 of BTC with XPY

This means that with a bank account (or perhaps just a CC), you can convert $500 a week in XPY to BTC at the $20 floor.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:06:33 AM

You can't get refunds........I asked about the 1 5mh staker I bought about 2 weeks ago...& never put a XPY in,they said:

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting GAW Miners. I apologize for the inconvenience, but at this time all sales are final. Please see our Terms and Conditions page regarding this matter. You have agreed to these terms and conditions during the checkout process. This can be found here: https://www.gawminers.com/terms-conditions/

Thank you for your business. If there is anything else I can do please let me know.

Best regards,
Eric R.

Ticket: GAW Miners
GAW Miners Team- Please visit us at: hashtalk.org"

So I'm stuck with the damn thing till the hashmarket opens....if it ever does,I'm thinkin not  Roll Eyes

Well,I dumped 41 of 53 XPY for 0.02646002 each,it puts me in the black at least by about $75  Cool

I'll save the 11 XPY in case he pumps it up I'll be able to recoup abit more  Grin

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
coinmaster222

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:11:59 AM

I was offered a refund on my 6 month hashstakers but declined it as I had only two and wanted in the end to try it out

interstellar

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:13:36 AM

I did not see or receive any emails but I would like to ask

1) Was the $20 floor an intention , an indication or a guarantee?

2) Was there a time period clearly stated for this floor to be reached or would they still be complying if it is reached ( and supported) in 30 days..60 days?

3) the market floor price is not stated in this particular email..was it stated in any link from this?

1 is up for debate. There are many posts by Josh indicating paybase would buy XPY for $20. He went back and revised the wording of some of his posts several times. It was clear he was indecisive on what he wanted to promise. You could argue that all three were true or none of them perhaps. Most people on hash talk I think were convinced that the $20 floor was going to happen because enough of his posts indicated so.

2. When he did talk about a floor, he usually indicated the floor would exist when paybase opened (which debatably it was for a few seconds).

3. He stated the $20 floor many times in his posts on HT. There was no posting of a $20 floor on this email.

Subtuppel

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:14:15 AM

You can't get refunds........I asked about the 1 5mh staker I bought about 2 weeks ago...& never put a XPY in,they said:

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting GAW Miners. I apologize for the inconvenience, but at this time all sales are final. Please see our Terms and Conditions page regarding this matter. You have agreed to these terms and conditions during the checkout process. This can be found here: https://www.gawminers.com/terms-conditions/

Thank you for your business. If there is anything else I can do please let me know.

Best regards,
Eric R.

So I'm stuck with the damn thing till the hashmarket opens....if it ever does,I'm thinkin not  Roll Eyes

Well,I dumped 41 of 53 XPY for 0.02646002 each,it puts me in the black at least by about $75  Cool

I'll save the 11 XPY in case he pumps it up I'll be able to recoup abit more  Grin
You would not ask GAW for the  charge back, but your credit card company.

coinmaster222

Activity: 756

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:15:00 AM

not sure how this c.c. buying of btc will go.Dont you need verification before you can use it and that could take days

interstellar

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:15:50 AM

"Hello,

Best regards,
Eric R.

So I'm stuck with the damn thing till the hashmarket opens....if it ever does,I'm thinkin not  Roll Eyes

Well,I dumped 41 of 53 XPY for 0.02646002 each,it puts me in the black at least by about $75  Cool

I'll save the 11 XPY in case he pumps it up I'll be able to recoup abit more  Grin

Yeah play it smart and cool. There should be another exit point for you hopefully. They seem to come up from time to time when things get hyped favorably in gaw's direction.
I_IZ_CEO

Activity: 308

CEO FlawMiners TM®

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:17:25 AM

This seems like a trick of exchange going on here. If you sell your XPY at paybase you get USD, it based on the market/exchange price but that price is based on the value of XPY/BTC and not on the price of XPY/USD. So they are buying your coin for $6 @btc price and selling it for 9.99 @ USD side
If gaw pays in USD why is the price not paid @ current USD value?
As of now the prices are
XPY/USD 9.9999 = BTC0.03
XPY/BTC .02100115 = $6.60

Some guys are taking advantage of the price difference on the exchanges i would bet.

I do not have a paybase account but if someone does, verify this.

zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 09:20:17 AM

https://hashtalk.org/topic/27233/buying-trading-xpy-only-invest-money-you-can-afford-to-lose/13

Cheesy Cheesy
I_IZ_CEO

Activity: 308

CEO FlawMiners TM®

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:23:18 AM

It seems like their update/upgrade on the site works as it should

Error 502 Ray ID: 1a25e3ce71c6169a
Bad gateway

Pages: « 1 ... 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 [589] 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: