Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:58:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 [793] 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376914 times)
ikeboy

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 07:12:06 PM

Oh... and before the newly created account GAW army shows up again today celebrating their magical coin spike on the exchanges, let's make sure they keep everything within perspective and the context of its still over-hyped and unsustainable value.

.01675/PXY still only equates to US$3.75/XPY (BTC @$224)

So, in reality, PXY is still a loss even at the $4 buy-in level.

Scott-

It was at .018 earlier. A blow-by-blow checking of whether it's above $4 yet is not too meaningful.

Also, apparently Josh is considering giving up something: https://hashtalk.org/topic/28963/help-me-get-to-miami-update-i-m-going-to-miami/10

I am considering giving up one of my speaking spots to have a user meet up Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stargazer

Activity: 641
Merit: 253

▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 07:22:42 PM

I read quite a few posts on this topic, not all - but a lot. There's two thinks I think you can't argue:

- There's constant bashing. There's no contra-arguments/posts. It's black only, no white at all - really?
- Community tries to create a cap as big as possible between BCT and HT. There seems no interest in arguments or content at all - also vice versa.

I tried to figure out where it all started, but I can only find shouting, bad language, frustration and greed. Is there anyone on this topic objectively interested in crypto currency? If so, please step up. This is ruining crypto community as a whole.

It's a crypto forum, full of greedy people, but I could not but notice the same thing. Some people have low self confidence and need to make a meme about someone each day to keep going. That's why you're seeing things like "garza is ugly, stupid and makes spelling mistakes", but what it really means is "I may not have ferraris but at least I have better education"  Wink

sorryforthat

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 07:39:56 PM

Hey guys Gava here, figured it's time to come over to a more realistic perspective over here than the completely shady one over at HT.  Also Honeycutt is right on the money, there hasn't been anything to benefit us in a long time, it's all about filling those pockets while they promise unrealistic standards. I'm done and ready to join the fold here.

Welcome, glad to see you over here. I appreciate you creating a new post with information from one of mine. I wasnt able to really bring much more to the table due to shadow ban but watched from the side lines. Hope you were able to get out without too much of a loss, if any at all.
HashieNewb

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 07:46:20 PM

I read quite a few posts on this topic, not all - but a lot. There's two thinks I think you can't argue:

- There's constant bashing. There's no contra-arguments/posts. It's black only, no white at all - really?
- Community tries to create a cap as big as possible between BCT and HT. There seems no interest in arguments or content at all - also vice versa.

I tried to figure out where it all started, but I can only find shouting, bad language, frustration and greed. Is there anyone on this topic objectively interested in crypto currency? If so, please step up. This is ruining crypto community as a whole.

well, at least this time you left FUD out of your username lol.

contra-arguments ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counterargument perhaps ?
"Community tries to create a cap as big as possible between BCT and HT" huh. that makes no sense. A cap trading in what ? your statement reveals much

maybe you were thinking of the video game http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contra_(video_game)  ... now it makes sense!

"There seems no interest in arguments or content at all - also vice versa." vice versa by definition means "the other way around". You mean there is interest in argument and content ?

aww, shouting ? LIKE THIS ? bad language ? fuck, got me on that one. frustration ? nah, that's just you. greed! well Josh, you would know.

hash on josg666

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
baselope

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 07:47:45 PM

So, when bitcoin is at $150, which seems increasingly likely, and all those big mining concerns have given up the ghost, what happens to the blockchain ?

https://i.imgur.com/rxfgoL8.jpg

I respectfully would ask you to please stop posting this picture of my brother.  He has many issues, and holding XPY or BTC are not among them.  Please do not make fun of those that were born with Downs Syndrome.  They can only TRY to lead lives that are normal, but it is very hard on him with all of the staring and pointing.  

Please understand, you may post anything verbally that you choose to, but I ask that you refrain from using his image in a desultory manner.

Thank you.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 07:48:25 PM

You want more people to take bitcoin seriously, you have to behave with some candor - even when others do not. You have to set the bar (I know, I used c*ck above, I'm part of the problem too).

You're a community. Police yourselves. Set the standard not only for investigation, but for the way in which others are treated.  

That is how you win.

You seem to have this illusion that this is somehow about bitcoin, us vs them, winning etc. It's not. Or at least it's not the case for a lot of posters here who would - and often do - expose similar shady practices in any business, whether it's bitcoin, XPY, or grocery store coupons.

Yes, more civility is always desirable. Two wrongs don't make it right. Just stop making it sound like the tone of this discussion or anything about it here "makes the industry look bad" and other such hashtalk nonsense. Dishonest actors like GAW make the industry look bad.
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 07:48:30 PM

Hey guys Gava here, figured it's time to come over to a more realistic perspective over here than the completely shady one over at HT.  Also Honeycutt is right on the money, there hasn't been anything to benefit us in a long time, it's all about filling those pockets while they promise unrealistic standards. I'm done and ready to join the fold here.

Welcome to the forum. Grab yourself a beer from the right side of the fridge. The left side of the fridge is Suchmoon's

Thanks guys, also I'm pretty dang medicated from being sick right now... so if I don't make much sense today... just go with it ha ha
Hey Gava! Welcome to the most interesting forum as of late  Wink

Hope ya get to feeling better!

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 07:52:02 PM

Joe claimed they will destroy them, but how much stock do you put in that and what justifies the continued testing every day (almost nonstop). It either works or it doesn't and spot checks a few times a week of the 5-10% nodes may be reasonable, but not the continuous operation of a 350% node.

Scott

vancefox brought up something else too - and I'm paraphrasing here so please excuse me if I'm off - I think the problem is that the test node staking in production is affecting the staking "chance" of other wallets, so even if the coins get destroyed that still won't make it fair.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 07:53:34 PM

Nothing to worry about. It´s just currently in a down cycle.

If you are going to publish graphs, please use the 2yr span as well. Overall BTC is still UP so, yes, this is simply a down cycle.

Scott-

You sound like one of those people who will keep saying bitcoin is still up even if it falls to 10$. "Look at 3 year graph, bitcoin was worth $5 in 2012!"  Roll Eyes
BTC is fine, just a simple market correction  Cheesy Hopefully get rid of some of the huge mining farms/cloud hashing rip off sites along the way, (except CEX.IO) lol they actually are decent. And guys like me can find some awesome deals on mining gear dirt cheap.  Grin

suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 08:01:59 PM

You're welcome to provide contra-arguments, but for some reason you chose to start with a broad accusation against the whole thread Smiley

If you're looking for a starting point, go to the first post of this thread, or rather to the second post, which has now an almost-finished overview of what we're trying to discuss here.

And you know that the entity trying to antagonize BCT and HT is not the "community", right?
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 08:03:59 PM

Hey guys Gava here, figured it's time to come over to a more realistic perspective over here than the completely shady one over at HT.  Also Honeycutt is right on the money, there hasn't been anything to benefit us in a long time, it's all about filling those pockets while they promise unrealistic standards. I'm done and ready to join the fold here.

Welcome to the forum. Grab yourself a beer from the right side of the fridge. The left side of the fridge is Suchmoon's

Thanks guys, also I'm pretty dang medicated from being sick right now... so if I don't make much sense today... just go with it ha ha

Welcome. Making sense here is not mandatory, you'll fit right in Smiley
KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:05:04 PM

You sound like one of those people who will keep saying bitcoin is still up even if it falls to 10$. "Look at 3 year graph, bitcoin was worth $5 in 2012!"  Roll Eyes
How can I sound like anything when I am writing my thoughts?

At any rate, both the good and bad numbers do not lie.
On a personal level, do I wish BTC and other legitimate coins were worth more? Yes...
Are the BTC values we saw over the past year realistic in a real-world use environment? Unlikely.

Many within the mainstream markets believe BTC should settle around the $200 point in order to make it more viable and realistic for crossover adoption. Only time will tell if their positions will define where BTC (and others) actually end up. The bottom line is we all started somewhere. The fact that the overall value of BTC is still up when compared to the length of time it was below US$20 should not be dismissed. The key (in my opinion) is to be grateful if you got in early and look beyond this blink of time in the big picture of crypto adoption. In 10-15 years, we will all look back and regardless of our varying geopolitical stances, we will at the very least have the ability to say we were here (there) and we experienced it all first hand.

If you haven't figured it out by now, I am not in this this solely for the money. I want LEGITIMATE crypto, from the ideology to the evolving technology, to succeed and have been working for years to support of that. From Dogecoin, with a community of people who "get-it" in regards to what good a crypto can do, to LTC and BTC with the communities who paved much of the way for others to follow, it is what it is. Enjoy the ride, eat some popcorn, and contribute if you have something to add. No one said it wasn't going to be a bumpy ride. However, it will be up to us to make it as smooth as possible for those who follow in the future. Shocked

Scott-
KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:06:21 PM

Joe claimed they will destroy them, but how much stock do you put in that and what justifies the continued testing every day (almost nonstop). It either works or it doesn't and spot checks a few times a week of the 5-10% nodes may be reasonable, but not the continuous operation of a 350% node.

Scott

vancefox brought up something else too - and I'm paraphrasing here so please excuse me if I'm off - I think the problem is that the test node staking in production is affecting the staking "chance" of other wallets, so even if the coins get destroyed that still won't make it fair.
Interesting point.

Scott-
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:09:46 PM

How can I sound like anything when I am writing my thoughts?

At any rate, both the good and bad numbers do not lie.
On a personal level, do I wish BTC and other legitimate coins were worth more? Yes...
Are the BTC values we saw over the past year realistic in a real-world use environment? Unlikely.

Many within the mainstream markets believe BTC should settle around the $200 point in order to make it more viable and realistic for crossover adoption. Only time will tell if their positions will define where BTC (and others) actually end up. The bottom line is we all started somewhere. The fact that the overall value of BTC is still up when compared to the length of time it was below US$20 should not be dismissed. The key (in my opinion) is to be grateful if you got in early and look beyond this blink of time in the big picture of crypto adoption. In 10-15 years, we will all look back and regardless of our varying geopolitical stances, we will at the very least have the ability to say we were here (there) and we experienced it all first hand.

If you haven't figured it out by now, I am not in this this solely for the money. I want LEGITIMATE crypto, from the ideology to the evolving technology, to succeed and have been working for years to support of that. From Dogecoin, with a community of people who "get-it" in regards to what good a crypto can do, to LTC and BTC with the communities who paved much of the way for others to follow, it is what it is. Enjoy the ride, eat some popcorn, and contribute if you have something to add. No one said it wasn't going to be a bumpy ride. However, it will be up to us to make it as smooth as possible for those who follow in the future. Shocked

Scott-
That pretty well sums it all up, well said  Cool

corygto

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:22:56 PM

BANNED

https://hashtalk.org/topic/28977/thoughts-on-josh-s-new-writer-using-his-name/100

He should have known better than to do something that wasn't brown-nosing.
alienesb

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:24:25 PM

Hey Gava nice to see you join the rabble over here.

Honeycutt22

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:29:27 PM

BANNED

https://hashtalk.org/topic/28977/thoughts-on-josh-s-new-writer-using-his-name/100

There is actually more to that story and the name is BitJane - A MOD on a power trip... She's had a personal vendetta agaisnt Goroz for a while now.. Accused him of sexual harassment, hijacks his posts, threatens him on HT and then BAM - banned... btw - The sexual harassment bit isn't true, complete falsification of reality...

Also - Since she doesn't edit Josh's posts anymore, there is really no need to have her on board as a MOD.
alienesb

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:41:28 PM

Do you remember when she went nuts when someone called another user a grammar nazi? Lol, good times were had.
jh7phone

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:42:59 PM

BANNED

There is actually more to that story and the name is BitJane - A MOD on a power trip... She's had a personal vendetta agaisnt Goroz for a while now.. Accused him of sexual harassment, hijacks his posts, threatens him on HT and then BAM - banned... btw - The sexual harassment bit isn't true, complete falsification of reality...

Also - Since she doesn't edit Josh's posts anymore, there is really no need to have her on board as a MOD.

HAHA No one is sexually harassing BitJane Roll Eyes It's Just disgusting! Maybe Goroz likes cellulite ass saggy tits wrinkled ugly old nympho cunts

Honeycutt22

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:44:20 PM

BANNED

HAHA No one is sexually harassing BitJane Roll Eyes It's Just disgusting! Maybe Goroz likes cellulite ass saggy tits wrinkled ugly old nympho cunts

LOL - Yea... I doubt he's into old ladies... Regardless, it just goes to show you there is still no accountability over their MODs... You have a few like Cyber/PCFan that are pretty fair... Then you have the BitJane's/Rootdude's on power trips than ban on whims and personal emotions.

But the whole sexual harassment accusation was freaking just nutty....
Pages: « 1 ... 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 [793] 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: