Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:58:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 [936] 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376938 times)
buddhamangler

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:36:00 AM

Whatever the terms of the buyback are, it seems abundantly clear that there will be no preferential treatment. The ONLY way I can see to accomplish that is to spread the monthly payout amongst every single coin in escrow. Otherwise it would create a situation where certain people are paid before others. I had seen posters speculating back when he first announced the buy back that Josh would likely pay off big investors or even put his own coins in escrow & pay those off first. But I guess he realizes or his lawyers explained to him that he can't get away with that.

People over at HashTalk keep posting, asking who will be paid first, how long it will take & if early adopters will get preferential payouts. Really? Are they that braindead that they have not put it together that the monthly payout will be spread evenly across all coins in escrow?

I can see this happening, 500,000 coins are put in escrow by users, then Josh comes along and puts 5 Million coins from the premine in escrow. Then Josh will pay out $500,000 per month, well above the $100,000 minimum he stated during the initial buyback program announcement. He'll get to say "Look! I am paying 5x what I promised!" & true participants who put coins in escrow can look forward to a .002¢ per coin payout per month for the rest of their lives.

I am in shock people are actually buying this crap! Sure there are stupid people out there, but how did they get money to buy XPY after they fell for the African Ambassador who needs help getting his money out of the bank emails? Because that's the kind of people Josh is dealing with.

You are spot on, he will flood the escrow to dilute the payout to real xpy holders.  It's actually kind of genius, he gets to stave off the $20 per paycoin disaster while at the same time laundering the money into his own personal coffer.  Notice how the escrow is paid in BTC?  :|
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 05:41:03 AM

For those of you who were not around for the HashFast situation, I'd encourage you to look over that history (there are a few good threads on this forum). You might find a direct way out - it may not make you whole, but it might make you better off than waiting for someone else - including gaw/paybase - to make the next move. Remember, he definition of insolvency is the inability to pay debts when they become due.  There appears to be a lot of debts that are currently due (i.e., customer claims, missing coins, etc.) and they also appear to be unpayable.  

PAYBASE in Chapter 7 would be good for a few weeks of comedy gold, but not much else.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
HashieNewb

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:41:58 AM

You can see some at https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:tDHr6JWy69MJ:https://hashtalk.org/topic/30346/new-offer-from-themage-andrew+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us and https://archive.today/Frm8h

Much less than all of what was posted, and my archive program isn't running anymore ...

He didn't accept it, that's for sure.
[/quote]

vObh0n]6W/ikeboy you and your fucking walls of txt, the last few pages of you, nemesio and black cyber lizard derailing the thread over bullshit.... just stop. we get it. 3 fucking amigos whose cover is blown...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Josef_Stylin

Activity: 60

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:43:45 AM

Whatever the terms of the buyback are, it seems abundantly clear that there will be no preferential treatment. The ONLY way I can see to accomplish that is to spread the monthly payout amongst every single coin in escrow. Otherwise it would create a situation where certain people are paid before others. I had seen posters speculating back when he first announced the buy back that Josh would likely pay off big investors or even put his own coins in escrow & pay those off first. But I guess he realizes or his lawyers explained to him that he can't get away with that.

People over at HashTalk keep posting, asking who will be paid first, how long it will take & if early adopters will get preferential payouts. Really? Are they that braindead that they have not put it together that the monthly payout will be spread evenly across all coins in escrow?

I can see this happening, 500,000 coins are put in escrow by users, then Josh comes along and puts 5 Million coins from the premine in escrow. Then Josh will pay out $500,000 per month, well above the $100,000 minimum he stated during the initial buyback program announcement. He'll get to say "Look! I am paying 5x what I promised!" & true participants who put coins in escrow can look forward to a .002¢ per coin payout per month for the rest of their lives.

I am in shock people are actually buying this crap! Sure there are stupid people out there, but how did they get money to buy XPY after they fell for the African Ambassador who needs help getting his money out of the bank emails? Because that's the kind of people Josh is dealing with.

You are spot on, he will flood the escrow to dilute the payout to real xpy holders.  It's actually kind of genius, he gets to stave off the $20 per paycoin disaster while at the same time laundering the money into his own personal coffer.  Notice how the escrow is paid in BTC?  :|

Yep, and I seen someone asking last night how much he was going to put into escrow. If it was just the month to month installments or the entire amount of BTC. I am willing to bet it will just be the month-to-month amount. This went unanswered of course.
buddhamangler

Activity: 74

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:47:21 AM

Yep, and I seen someone asking last night how much he was going to put into escrow. If it was just the month to month installments or the entire amount of BTC. I am willing to bet it will just be the month-to-month amount. This went unanswered of course.

I really hope law enforcement steps in soon...this is insane
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1252

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:03:20 AM

Somebody needs to ask Mr Garza, considering they are going to be paying this $20-per-coin in btc, whether they intend to keep a running total of the bitcoin USD value retroactively applied to the escrowed funds they are meant to be paying out against.

Basically, if they pay someone $100 in the first payment and by the time the next payment is due the price of bitcoin against the dollar has doubled, I suspect they will consider the first payment to now have been equal to $200.

The 'customer' will receive a fistful of satoshis in part-payment and then Josh could claim, due to the increasing value against the USD, that no more payment need to be made because the btc the 'customer' received *eventually* did equal the promised $20 per coin.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
mcni77

Activity: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:09:36 AM

OK, does anyone here have any ideas as to what Josh's next scam will be? The buyback program will likely be delayed, Josh will say it's due to a software issue or something or maybe he'll blame it on the lawyers/regulation or something. He'll tell everyone to stay tuned while he goes silent for a bit. Then I bet once the Paycoin Buyback is launched, it will crash or something equally terrible will happen, like a leak of everyones personal info or something. Then it will be gone, with more excuses & everyone will be told Josh is working hard & it's just a beta & to be patient. If & when the Buyback does launch, Josh will proceed to pay everyone out 1 Satoshi a month or something ridiculous. The GAW faithful will praise Josh for coming through for everyone while complainers will be banished & ridiculed.

Then what? What's the next scam? J
osh doesn't seem like he'll ever quit this never ending scam, unless he is forced to stop or finally goes bankrupt.

I really hope law enforcement steps in soon...this is insane
I agree. It may be the only thing that can put a stop to this madness & put the GAW Faithful out of their misery.

We should all buy a $1 worth of XPY & print it out in a paper wallet. That way we can send Josh a paper wallet every month, telling him to use it towards some commissary while he's in the can. MMake sure you include a note with it explaining that although he cannot use it at the prison's commissary,  the community is actively working on a partnership with the federal bureau of prison & to just be patient.
mcni77

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:16:21 AM

Somebody needs to ask Mr Garza, considering they are going to be paying this $20-per-coin in btc, whether they intend to keep a running total of the bitcoin USD value retroactively applied to the escrowed funds they are meant to be paying out against.

Basically, if they pay someone $100 in the first payment and by the time the next payment is due the price of bitcoin against the dollar has doubled, I suspect they will consider the first payment to now have been equal to $200.

The 'customer' will receive a fistful of satoshis in part-payment and then Josh could claim, due to the increasing value against the USD, that no more payment need to be made because the btc the 'customer' received *eventually* did equal the promised $20 per coin.

I believe he said in one of his posts that the payouts will be done based on the current value of BTC at the time of the payout. The way I read that is if you are to be paid $5 on a given month, you will get $5 worth of BTC at the price it is currently trading at the time of the payout. But hey, he said he was going to maintain a $20 floor by manipulating the market with the $100Million dollars from un-named investors, but apparently everyone misunderstood that & it really meant 'go fuck yourself' in Josh speak.
maildir
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:19:46 AM

The guy is unreal. After mouthing off to various news sites how he has 100's merchants lined up and even more begging to do business with him, he tweets this

https://twitter.com/gawceo

Tom's Cool Jewels now accepts Paycoin!

http://tomscooljewels.blogspot.com/

Some retiree spelunking around gather and gluing grains and valueless pieces of rocks and sand together and calling it jewelry as a hobby, peddling this junk from a blog NOW ACCEPTS PAYCOINS !!!

Holy fuck, any legitimate company or CEO with a brain cell would pull this guy aside and beg him, please do not accept our coin or advertize that you do.

Homero like his weird caps and waistcoats, cannot see how ridiculous he looks or how this excited announcement about Toms Cool Jewels, is so far removed from being proud about that they accept his shit coin. It is nothing. Totally nothingness.

suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 8937

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 06:38:16 AM

Also, what is this premier status people keep talking about over there on HashTalk?

Premier status seems to be some kind of a worthless "perk" to encourage hodling:

https://archive.today/M673p

And nobody has ever got one anyway.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 06:39:37 AM

Does anyone here know whether Gaw's claims about nodebb bugs causing bans are at all plausible? I don't get why they would ban me and then unban (twice), otherwise.

Don't tell me you believe that... how come those bugs only ever affect those who dare to ask questions?
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 06:46:19 AM

OK, so let's say One Million coins are put into escrow from users participating in the Paycoin Buyback program.

I wish we had badges here, I'd give you one for math Smiley

Seriously, this just illustrates how... ahem... "challenged" some of the XPY "investors" are. Five minutes and some basic arithmetic tells everything one needs to know about GAW and its miracles, but there is a large number of people who simply refuse to do that and choose to "believe".

And here is my favorite, when @GAWCEO says "do the math" but never does it himself, relying on the community to fill it in with speculation so that he could later claim he never said anyhing:

KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:51:43 AM

Here's a hint for the next time you attempt to form a coherent sentence: Punctuation

Anyways he is being paid to quiet and remove all that question Josh and GAW and he is doing his job very well. There are no two ways to look at it.

You're lying again. I actually don't remove posts. That's a job for someone else like GAW themselves. Next accusation please I'm having fun reading your garbage
At any rate, Andy, you were an idiotic tool when I was on HT and you're still a tool these days. Why do you feel it necessary to waste your time here when you have more Garza posts to proof read and edit with Jane in exchange for the payments you both receive?

Let's review this quick stroll down memory lane from October 14th, 2014.

Too bad you can't practice that "code of conduct" you and your fearless leader preach. Oh well, it doesn't matter. Soon enough, your sugar daddy will pay for his shortcomings and the PLAYcoin he showers you with will realize its true scrap value. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Scott-
truckinusa

Activity: 534
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 07:07:47 AM

These guys can't write a article and leave us hanging.  We seriously need an update from them.  Hope everyone tells them politely they can't just drop a conveniently positive article and run.  Their positive spin potentially stole thousands of dollars from people that were swayed by this type of media coverage.

bitJob                       ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
                ▄▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████
         ████████████████████████████████████████  ██
         ▀██████████████████████████████████████▀  ██
          ▀▀██████████████████████████████████▀▀  ████
                                                 ▄████▄
                                                ▀▀████▀▀
IIII
mcni77

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 07:13:39 AM

... when @GAWCEO says "do the math" but never does it himself, relying on the community to fill it in with speculation so that he could later claim he never said anyhing:

LOL, I didn't see that. If I were Josh, I sure wouldn't be telling anyone to employ their math skills when it comes to anything Paycoin, that's for sure.  Shocked
mcni77

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 07:40:46 AM

These guys can't write a article and leave us hanging.  We seriously need an update from them.  Hope everyone tells them politely they can't just drop a conveniently positive article and run.  Their positive spin potentially stole thousands of dollars from people that were swayed by this type of media coverage.

Perhaps if more people were to contact him, he will update his post. I encourage everyone to contact them also. Here is my email to paul.vigna@wsj.com & michael.casey@wsj.com
Twitter @paulvigna @mikejcasey

tmpwhore

Activity: 343
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 08:14:42 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2015, 02:09:33 PM by tmpwhore

The guy is unreal. After mouthing off to various news sites how he has 100's merchants lined up and even more begging to do business with him, he tweets this

https://twitter.com/gawceo

Tom's Cool Jewels now accepts Paycoin!

http://tomscooljewels.blogspot.com/

Some retiree spelunking around gather and gluing grains and valueless pieces of rocks and sand together and calling it jewelry as a hobby, peddling this junk from a blog NOW ACCEPTS PAYCOINS !!!

Holy fuck, any legitimate company or CEO with a brain cell would pull this guy aside and beg him, please do not accept our coin or advertize that you do.

Homero like his weird caps and waistcoats, cannot see how ridiculous he looks or how this excited announcement about Toms Cool Jewels, is so far removed from being proud about that they accept his shit coin. It is nothing. Totally nothingness.

I have a feeling Tom's rocks he picks up off the ground are going to be worth more than the paycoins he gets from them...Still waiting on my 100 sats a paycoin buyorder to go through...getting closer.

Also this is a message to BitchLizard or whatever his name was. If it's true you were a forum moderator for this scam and you have tax forms IN WRITING with your name on it, you will be investigated by the SEC and/or law enforcement. If your job was putting flowers all over the office and you're on the payroll you will be investigated. I don't know how much or if any part you had in this scam or promoting this scam and silencing legit questions but if the SEC decides you were complicit or active(sounds like it) in purportrating this scam YOU WILL BE CHARGED WITH A CRIME. So you'd better cover your tracks and/or be ready to co-operate with law enforcement or your ass is going to be mighty sore in prison. If you're lucky you may just get a fine. Think about it.

A. You actively promoted a ponzi scheme for money for Paycoin

B. You killed off legitimate question from investors while getting paid from the company purpotrating the ponzi scheme thereby hiding the ponzi scheme from legitimate investors and covering up the fraud.

C. Even though not one promise has been made good on by Paycoin you constantly berated any sort of dissent from legitimate investors seeking answers on promises made that were not kept including out and out lies Ie Target and Wallmart are on board etc.

All this makes you at the minimum, accessory to fraud. Hell the people on this forum have enough cached of that forum to nail you as an active participant. The SEC with millions of dollars in the budget has had an active investigation into paycoin for at least a month. What kind of information do they have? Have they cached the entire forum website? Do they have wiretap warrants? Have they traced the IP's? You should start looking out for yourself because when this house of cards comes down, I can see some jail time for some people and/or heavy fines for the participants. You can lament all you want saying "I'm just a forum moderator, I just did what I was told...wah wah wah!" Didn't work at Nurnberg, won't work here.

The way I see it you got a few options. They are all bad, but some less than others.

A. You say "fuck you" I didn't do anything wrong wah wah wah! - It's not going to work there is enough shit from the people just on this forum to nail you. I'm sure the SEC with a budget has way more than us plus wiretaps, bank account statements, tax returns etc. Advice? Get some good lube and start sitting on fence posts to get ready to meet your new "husband" in jail because this ponzi must go into the multi-thousands of dollars. If your really lucky and start sucking the prosecutors dick after the fact you may just get a big fine and probation or community service if you let him cum in your mouth.

B. You cover your tracks as best you can and cut yourself off from this ponzi and run as far away as possible. While this is a better option as you could always say "As soon as I found out if was fraud I quit right away", it probably won't work because as I said there has been an active investigation for at least a month plus what people here have could probably nail you anyway but there is a chance you could get off. However even if you shit diamond cufflinks and somehow you get off on this you will be investigated up the ass. And I'm talking about if you've had an ass hair out of place with the IRS or any other government agency they will come down hard on you. They will know you were in on it but won't have the evidence to nail you possibly so they will try to get you on something else. Hell, start paying those unpaid parking tickets.

C.  You start gathering info and/or co-operate with authorities. This is probably your only hope. You'll become a rat/stoolie bastard but since you will probably be saving a bunch of poor schmucks from getting ripped off, depending on how you play it you could end up looking like the hero or "whistleblower"(better than a cock blower in jail). The prosecutors have got you by the balls(see option A or B) but will probably grant you immunity or some serious slack if you give them all you got on this scam which may not be much, in which case you'll be screwed but alot less than if you don't play ball. You may be able to contribute some minor evidence to bolster the prosecutors case which may give you a pass during sentencing.

In some ways you're lucky, you have a way out and can look like a hero doing it. If you do the right thing the company will be liquidated to pay back all the investors, if they are lucky there may be enough money in the company to give everyone who bought these coins 4-5$ per coin, which I admit is poor consolation but it's higher than the $2.17 which it's worth at the time of this posting. If not for yourself, do it for the poor people like that lady who invested $24000 which is now worth $2400. She'll at least get back $5000 which is better than nothing. Do the right thing.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 08:19:28 AM

I have asked the same question and Bitpop had the best answer... monthly government disability checks.  Wink
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 08:32:30 AM

I have asked the same question and Bitpop had the best answer... monthly government disability checks.  Wink

What nonsense!   40 more pages and this will be a 1000 page rant.    Worthless but probably some kind of record.   Grin
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 12:30:50 PM

Hope I don't get banned again now.

Uh oh, famous last words. Posting outside of Meta is a big no no for banned users. Dekay burned through all Tor exit nodes and VPNs in the known universe and it looks like they got him anyway.

Edit: how it the world did you manage to get banned here? It takes some special effort as far as I've seen.

Oddly this thread got me banned for a bit too a while ago

Pages: « 1 ... 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 [936] 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: