Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:35:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376977 times)
KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 09:01:49 PM

What do you mean out on notice?

The term "put on notice" simply means you have notified someone of the current situation moving forward and (for a lack of better words) drawn the line in the sand.

Scott-
dman99

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 09:04:20 PM

Man, it looks like my post on Hashtalk stirred up quite the reaction.  I've considered responding to some of GAW_CEO's messages, but I really think it would just be falling of deaf ears.  So far, he seems to just deflect and brush my claims off as "subjective".  Some if it definitely is subjective (some things just aren't objective or quantifiable), but it is an absolute fact that nothing Hashcoin related has been said to be peer or community reviewed, or that there is any technical evidence (code samples, diagrams) for the marketing claims made in the paper.

I'm not against Hashcoin.  I hope it is successful since I'm invested (not like I had an option; Hashlets are worthless doing anything non Hashcoin related), but Hashcoin to me is currently nothing more than a mechanism I'll use to acquire more Bitcoin. If it does somehow end up being legitimately successful then I'll be along for the ride.

I just worry about all those involved in Hashtalk. Man, it has literally become a Cult of Personality over there.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8968

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 09:17:08 PM

Man, it looks like my post on Hashtalk stirred up quite the reaction.  I've considered responding to some of GAW_CEO's messages, but I really think it would just be falling of deaf ears.  So far, he seems to just deflect and brush my claims off as "subjective".  Some if it definitely is subjective (some things just aren't objective or quantifiable), but it is an absolute fact that nothing Hashcoin related has been said to be peer or community reviewed, or that there is any technical evidence (code samples, diagrams) for the marketing claims made in the paper.

I'm not against Hashcoin.  I hope it is successful since I'm invested (not like I had an option; Hashlets are worthless doing anything non Hashcoin related), but Hashcoin to me is currently nothing more than a mechanism I'll use to acquire more Bitcoin. If it does somehow end up being legitimately successful then I'll be along for the ride.

I just worry about all those involved in Hashtalk. Man, it has literally become a Cult of Personality over there.

You mean this one?

https://hashtalk.org/topic/18460

I like how the CEO responded along the lines of "I could address your questions but I'd rather just tell you that you're wrong" Smiley
MOB

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 09:29:04 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2014, 03:58:43 AM by MOB

Well to put my cards on the table right off:
1: I am heavily invested in GAW miners Hashlets
2: I have been banned from hashtalk (for pointing out that one of their largest customers was engaging in what I believe to an illeagal acitvity on their site)

I think Garza has some very good and innovative ideas about moving crypto to the mainstream. He is young and makes some rookie blunders. His ego and temper are both a bit larger than average.
I have to admire his marketing genius. Say what you want, but he has changed the rules on his customers and instead of complaining they (by and large) are thanking him for the opportunity.
Now THAT is marketing.
I have yet to see any evidence of any securities violations, and I have spent nearly my entire career in the investment industry.
In my opinion hashlets and the new paycoin have a somewhat better than 50/50 chance of actually working.
I believe it largely depends on enough advertising and media coverage to get non-early adopters and non-technically minded people interested enough to give it a try.
In six months all of the haranguing and teeth gnashing will be moot.

Just my 2 Satoshis.

Thanks for the reasonable post. I know I get too heated in here sometimes. I shouldn't let Josh's scummy personality get to me.

This is definitely an unregistered security. Josh has stated, unequivocally, that Zenpool profits are paid out on: 1. private rentals, 2. mining, 3. day-trading, 4. undisclosed other activities. This means that a 1MH share of Zenpool is profit-sharing of a diversified fund with several different income streams. Josh's admission to day-trading guarantees that this is an unregistered security. You are not receiving the profits of a 1MH scrypt miner.

Can we all agree on that? That a fund that day-trades with your money by buying and selling currencies must be a security?

Josh appears to admit this in the latest "Troll/FUD" that Suchmoon linked. Notice that Josh does not focus on denying allegation of running an unregistered security, but instead stresses that the SEC only steps in when "losses occur."

I imagine he means that to be pacifying, but it should be a gigantic red flag that Josh feels no need to pass on information as to the risk that his buyer's are shouldering. It is illegal not because risk is illegal (obviously), but because people have no idea they are buying something that can literally be worth $0.00/MH tomorrow. No other "miner" has such a risk profile.

If the SEC steps into GAW's office, then in that instant everything that one "owns" will be untradeable and unsellable with no value of any kind as the SEC pulls the plug on their server.
snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 09:30:22 PM

@suchmoon- I've read most of your other thread in the past, nice work and thank you for bringing matters like this to the community's attention.

GAW and the Zen hashlets could easily be a Ponzi scheme, but then again so could PB Mining and others. It could also be legitimate though, and sometimes when starting out big things you may have to lose a little bit to gain a huge following and the market and over time you can level out to profit. Proof of legit mining is always good/necessary, but it makes sense why a company wouldn't exactly want to post their mining address(es)- basically their company financial info.

Hashcoin to me sounds shady and I don't like something SO centralized being "marketed" as the new Bitcoin. I would never buy or hold any of those personally.

And Major merchant adoption like Wal Mart & others for Hashcoin sounds like a pipe dream meant to pacify the masses (Hashlet owners) and an unrealistic future for the coin. I for one think there's no way places like Walmart would agree to accept "Hashcoin" at their locations all of a sudden, when it has no real value outside of the GAW company IMO. If they're not accepting Bitcoin yet- there's no way they are going to support something called Hashcoin. Pro Tip- the suits at the top of those companies aren't going to think of "mining power hashing away at Bitcoins" when they hear the word Hash with it.

Good thread though- I'll have to read through more of it when I have time.

-snarlpill

Honeycutt22

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 09:33:39 PM

You mean this one?

I like how the CEO responded along the lines of "I could address your questions but I'd rather just tell you that you're wrong" Smiley

He's never handled criticism that well. I think that's just ego and immaturity. Keep in mind he's only 26, there's many soft skills he hasn't developed yet. He just doesn't have the world experience at this point.

What that post turned into was the fanboys massaging Josh's ego. Like Redeacted, the guy that brags about working for the NSA and has well over 6 figures invested. He's like a basement dweller living under his parents house.

Regardless - narcism attracts narcissist. So, it's an odd world on HT sometimes.
dman99

Activity: 63

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 09:59:51 PM

You mean this one?

Yeah, that was me.  I had a response typed up, but I decided it was best not to post it.  GAW CEO should invite me to be part of their next Google Hangout Live Q&A.  All of my questions are legitimate and fair, and if he would answer them honestly it would do a lot to convince myself of his project's legitimacy.
reeko400.1

Activity: 66

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 10:56:36 PM

The troll FUD guide is the start of the implosion on hashtalk. They will all work themselves into a state that anyone who doesn't agree is a troll, and I mean about anything. They will start to downvote, then the downvoted will downvote randoms out of angst. They will become paranoid that outsiders have set up downvote bots.
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 10:58:42 PM

Hundreds of thousands of stores
In addition to major partners, today it was confirmed that HashCoin will be available to hundreds of thousands of merchants. More details coming this week!

I know its vague :grinning: I just cant say more yet.

Stay tuned :grinning:

OMG! They made a debit card!!!

Holy crap!!! Whats next? Cash?
lol what is next is crackers or pieces of toast that if you look at them have the face of god. The better the detail in the bread looking like god the more it will be worth. Think of it we can buy and pay for services with gaw bread with faces of god and virgin mary. I guess we all know who will be the face of god and virgin mary LOL  Grin
i want to say sorry to person i offended i cant reply to your message for some reason but i did not say what god or insult anyones religion

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
corygto

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 11:20:27 PM

dman99 :- You handled that just right mate. Respects from SychoPhant Smiley Watch for down votes in you're old posts if you want to keep you're account. I had to delete mines.

Honeycutt22 Boy am I glad it's not just me that git redacted winds up, thought I'd turned into a cranky old troll....
(He has started a crypto coin in the past apparently?)

Hey SychoPhant Smiley cnhash here, you upvoted a post of mine earlier. It's interesting to run into HT members outside the cheerleading circle XD.

But for the record I pulled all my money out of GAW a long time ago. Just too many alerts going off in my head telling me to leave while I still could.

I still like to watch all the fanboys over at HT though, I find the size of that circle-jerk going on to be massively entertaining. Cheesy
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 11:30:11 PM

The troll FUD guide is the start of the implosion on hashtalk. They will all work themselves into a state that anyone who doesn't agree is a troll, and I mean about anything. They will start to downvote, then the downvoted will downvote randoms out of angst. They will become paranoid that outsiders have set up downvote bots.

Isn't this what some people in this thread have been doing? Try saying something positive in this thread and you'll see the reaction. If they could downvote here they would beat the shit out of that button.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 11:32:49 PM

Just a reminder to those who may be new or forgot how this works:

DO NOT RESPOND TO BIT-TROLL-GEEK AND DO NOT EVEN LOOK IN HIS GENERAL DIRECTION.

Thank you.
bitcoinnoisseur

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 11:50:29 PM

In addition to major partners, today it was confirmed that HashCoin will be available to hundreds of thousands of merchants. More details coming this week!

lol what is next is crackers or pieces of toast that if you look at them have the face of god. The better the detail in the bread looking like god the more it will be worth. Think of it we can buy and pay for services with gaw bread with faces of god and virgin mary. I guess we all know who will be the face of god and virgin mary LOL  Grin
i want to say sorry to person i offended i cant reply to your message for some reason but i did not say what god or insult anyones religion

No you definitely did not say what god or insult anyone's religion but I would have applauded you if you did. If that offends anyone then too bad. Any god and all religion's offend me. So we'd be even.
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 01:16:11 AM

No you definitely did not say what god or insult anyone's religion but I would have applauded you if you did. If that offends anyone then too bad. Any god and all religion's offend me. So we'd be even.
LOL yeah i just didnt want any one to think i was attacking them personally so i wont say name. Needless to say i never said Josh would be the face of god on the bread or Amber be the face of the virgin mary on crackers. But oh well i guess cant please everyone granted it was a new account with 17 posts still i felt bad

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
rtm125

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 01:25:37 AM

Everything this guy is saying is true. Here is my new concerned post that got me banned. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=864358.new#new

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
crashoveride54902

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:32:40 AM

Everything this guy is saying is true. Here is my new concerned post that got me banned. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=864358.new#new

yes great post Smiley i was surprised it stayed up for more then 15mins...there mods must be napping or something...Say anything bad over there and the cult will get you...thou shall not taint the koolaid with thou neg. words Tongue Hash on SHEEPLES!!! lmao good stuff

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:54:13 AM

First sign of cracking?

If you are familiar with the Scrypt players from day one, a lot of scammers and non deliveries from Flower Tech to Alpha-Tech and late comes like MAT out of Holland, along with peripheries like Alchemey. So this MAT has left his customers hanging for months just like all the others lack of communication, late deliveries...nothing new. Suddenly a few people magically receive samples and immediately hit the forums giving glowing reviews. And at the same time the almight GAW declares the Vault Breakers will finally be delivered to the customers, months after the guarantee to beat KNC in my house (what fart).

And so it all unravels. Big in fighting at MAT partner splits and leaks all the juicey details.

Turns out MAT had to buy the chips from Alchemey in Taiwan. Couldn't afford to fill the entire pre-order he took in. Instead of delivering to the paying customers, some other con-artist shithead, brokers a deal with GAW to move those paid for by general customer's products to GAW in order for him to fill his promise to his sheepstomers.

MAT steals the goods from his customers to give it to GAW instead. Highly illegal in Europe.

GAW is re-selling stolen goods. Let his little crack law firm in California fumble around with that LOL !

read the whole thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=851116.msg9579544#msg9579544

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 03:06:49 AM

First sign of cracking?

If you are familiar with the Scrypt players from day one, a lot of scammers and non deliveries from Flower Tech to Alpha-Tech and late comes like MAT out of Holland, along with peripheries like Alchemey. So this MAT has left his customers hanging for months just like all the others lack of communication, late deliveries...nothing new. Suddenly a few people magically receive samples and immediately hit the forums giving glowing reviews. And at the same time the almight GAW declares the Vault Breakers will finally be delivered to the customers, months after the guarantee to beat KNC in my house (what fart).

And so it all unravels. Big in fighting at MAT partner splits and leaks all the juicey details.

Turns out MAT had to buy the chips from Alchemey in Taiwan. Couldn't afford to fill the entire pre-order he took in. Instead of delivering to the paying customers, some other con-artist shithead, brokers a deal with GAW to move those paid for by general customer's products to GAW in order for him to fill his promise to his sheepstomers.

MAT steals the goods from his customers to give it to GAW instead. Highly illegal in Europe.

GAW is re-selling stolen goods. Let his little crack law firm in California fumble around with that LOL !

read the whole thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=851116.msg9579544#msg9579544

Yeah, I saw that. I was following MAT for a while, they were extremely shady all along. Imagine my surprise when this rumor about GAW came up. Not sure why this didn't get mentioned on HT, maybe nobody really cares about the Vaultbreaker there. It will be interesting to see how this works out. There is also this guy Marshall Long of FinalHash, organizer of that Bitcoin conference in Vegas, and claiming to be Josh's personal friend, seems to be involved in this story somehow.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=851116.msg9557003#msg9557003
FinalHash

Activity: 108

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:27:26 AM

You rang?

HAHAHA.  These kids throwing names around over here like they know whats up...

SOOO cute!
jp333

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:38:53 AM

New update: Josh responds to questions about who is designing the algorithm and what investors are involved in the project:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoy4_h7Pb3M
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: