Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:00:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 [511] 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376932 times)
ikeboy

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 06:23:05 AM

doesnt anybody find it the least bit suspicious that the "premium" accounts on paybase are give to those that maintain the highest buy:sell ratio? i.e. its a ploy to prevent dumping because they cant cover it i.e the ponzi pyramid will collapse too fast?

most companies give premium status on the volume of business transacted regardless of buy or sells. smells fishy to me.....

Why does the fact that they want to discourage dumping imply ponzi? Aren't there legitimate reasons for discouraging dumping? They want to buy as little xpy for $20 as possible, but they could want that even if they were real. It saves them money regardless of whether they're a scam or not.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 06:26:13 AM

The fact is, something like 10% of the bitcoin network jumped over to mine it. I don't think they were expecting that, and I don't think any coin could support that much right away without any hiccups. (Have any other alts had that much power at launch and managed fine?)

No, dozens of other coins have experienced similar growth with no problems and many of them included new/experimental features unlike paycoin.

Source, please? Or at least specifics so I can look it up myself? I'm not particularly interested in looking up 200 coins right now to figure out which one you're talking about.

Pick any successful mineable coin and chances are they've experienced rapid growth at some point.

How many times do GAW things need to break because they are "too successful" before you realize it's all BS?

This has to be the ~10th time he's used that excuse.
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 06:28:49 AM
Last edit: December 29, 2014, 06:45:18 AM by inBitweTrust

Could you source that, please?

https://github.com/GAWMiners/paycoin/commit/6fc98f9a042a426367868809826f40d4a4d9a2ae#diff-7ec3c68a81efff79b6ca22ac1f1eabba

https://hashtalk.org/topic/25097/paycoin-stall-paybase-update-3/2

https://hashtalk.org/topic/23020/paycoin-fork/16

https://hashtalk.org/topic/24910/wallet-not-syncing-stuck-at-block-7130/39

T0urist

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 06:34:01 AM

doesnt anybody find it the least bit suspicious that the "premium" accounts on paybase are give to those that maintain the highest buy:sell ratio? i.e. its a ploy to prevent dumping because they cant cover it i.e the ponzi pyramid will collapse too fast?

most companies give premium status on the volume of business transacted regardless of buy or sells. smells fishy to me.....

Why does the fact that they want to discourage dumping imply ponzi? Aren't there legitimate reasons for discouraging dumping? They want to buy as little xpy for $20 as possible, but they could want that even if they were real. It saves them money regardless of whether they're a scam or not.
its following their usual patterns of encouraging xpy purchase at $20 from their 12 million stockpile. id be willing to bet come paybase open and xpy purchasing that those 12 million split over what 7 wallets? is what starts draining as people buy from the site @$20. people will want premium free accounts.

note its suspicioys that xpy to $$$ wont be available at the start. The price is being heavily manipulated and not a market decided value by the people. its like the willybot days of mt gox. $1200 was price manipulated and people buying got burnt. bitcoins agreed price is $317 atm. xpy is what $6. coinswap etc all have that price..

ask yourself where homero gains to profit? if its through transactions then his buy:sell ratio prevents spending and profit. merchants wont see xpy direct because they need $20 promised else using xpy runs at a loss to them if homero tries to set it at that. homero needs more buys than sells to flick the cash gained from buys to cash outs to merchants. remember too this makes him a money transmitter... no registrations atm. he bought or says he bought coin-swap because they were the exchange people were dumping it on. controlling that is just one of the plan parts to control the ponzi. i wont be dealing with that exchange anymore as i anticipate btc rates being messed with fake orders to benefit their payouts required.
ikeboy

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 06:34:59 AM

The fact is, something like 10% of the bitcoin network jumped over to mine it. I don't think they were expecting that, and I don't think any coin could support that much right away without any hiccups. (Have any other alts had that much power at launch and managed fine?)

No, dozens of other coins have experienced similar growth with no problems and many of them included new/experimental features unlike paycoin.

Source, please? Or at least specifics so I can look it up myself? I'm not particularly interested in looking up 200 coins right now to figure out which one you're talking about.

Pick any successful mineable coin and chances are they've experienced rapid growth at some point.

How many times do GAW things need to break because they are "too successful" before you realize it's all BS?

Looking at https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/hashrate-ppc.html, it's never gone above 2 petahash (I'm assuming Q is P there?) Paycoin was at 100 Ph/s if I remember, so there's no comparison. There's a difference between a huge spike to 1Ph/s and a spike to 100Ph/s.

interstellar

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 06:36:40 AM

Yeah, I understand gaw is worried that tomorrow the Internet might break Paybase because it can not handle such an incredible transaction volume. We will see. Hopefully the Internet can hold up.
ikeboy

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 06:41:48 AM

its following their usual patterns of encouraging xpy purchase at $20 from their 12 million stockpile. id be willing to bet come paybase open and xpy purchasing that those 12 million split over what 7 wallets? is what starts draining as people buy from the site @$20. people will want premium free accounts.

note its suspicioys that xpy to $$$ wont be available at the start. The price is being heavily manipulated and not a market decided value by the people. its like the willybot days of mt gox. $1200 was price manipulated and people buying got burnt. bitcoins agreed price is $317 atm. xpy is what $6. coinswap etc all have that price..

ask yourself where homero gains to profit? if its through transactions then his buy:sell ratio prevents spending and profit. merchants wont see xpy direct because they need $20 promised else using xpy runs at a loss to them if homero tries to set it at that. homero needs more buys than sells to flick the cash gained from buys to cash outs to merchants. remember too this makes him a money transmitter... no registrations atm. he bought or says he bought coin-swap because they were the exchange people were dumping it on. controlling that is just one of the plan parts to control the ponzi. i wont be dealing with that exchange anymore as i anticipate btc rates being messed with fake orders to benefit their payouts required.

Btw I confirmed on irc (#coin-swap) that gaw bought coin-swap, there might be an announcement tomorrow. The only other good one is cryptsy and the deposits take forever for me, and also they don't show you the full orderbook, which makes me unhappy.
T0urist

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 06:46:41 AM

Looking at https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/hashrate-ppc.html, it's never gone above 2 petahash (I'm assuming Q is P there?) Paycoin was at 100 Ph/s if I remember, so there's no comparison. There's a difference between a huge spike to 1Ph/s and a spike to 100Ph/s.

that cant be trusted. 100 petahash is impossible. bitcoin and other sha alts didnt diminish in hashing power enough to make that value. there were posts showing their calcs were based on was it last 5 blocks or something? a coin dev basically showed the wild swinging figures werent to be trusted due to the frankencode changes.
it was drastically up and down in short bursts.... people dont switch gear pool to pool every 5 mins. there wasnt enough news and talk on crypto forums to back the fact everyone was switching their sha mining in excitement.

its another false hype.
jh7phone

Activity: 107

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 06:48:19 AM

Btw I confirmed on irc (#coin-swap) that gaw bought coin-swap, there might be an announcement tomorrow. The only other good one is cryptsy and the deposits take forever for me, and also they don't show you the full orderbook, which makes me unhappy.

Thanks for the notice, I just removed all my coins from coin-swap.

ikeboy

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 06:50:05 AM

that cant be trusted. 100 petahash is impossible. bitcoin and other sha alts didnt diminish in hashing power enough to make that value. there were posts showing their calcs were based on was it last 5 blocks or something? a coin dev basically showed the wild swinging figures werent to be trusted due to the frankencode changes.
it was drastically up and down in short bursts.... people dont switch gear pool to pool every 5 mins. there wasnt enough news and talk on crypto forums to back the fact everyone was switching their sha mining in excitement.

its another false hype.

Can you source accurate hashrate then? And you just gave a good explanation for why the numbers would be wrong, so I wouldn't fault them for giving the wrong numbers (I think the 100 ph was from a tweet of josh, so it may have been rushed and not accurate then?)

Good to know someone appreciates me  Smiley
corygto

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 06:51:33 AM

Looks like Homero is desperately trying to keep people from cashing out of the ponzi. I just got home and read where he is offering all of these incentives to people who BUY BUY BUY.

He's just dangling that juicy steak in front of the dogs to keep them coming back again and again.

Can't wait to cash the f*** out tomorrow and wipe my hands of this scam.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8934

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 07:01:28 AM

Can you source accurate hashrate then? And you just gave a good explanation for why the numbers would be wrong, so I wouldn't fault them for giving the wrong numbers (I think the 100 ph was from a tweet of josh, so it may have been rushed and not accurate then?)

Isn't it funny how you're such a stickler for detail and source links, yet you pull a 100 PH/s number straight out of your ass and no link is necessary? So how about we start applying the same rules to yourself. Please shows us the list of blocks mined during the POW phase and each block's difficulty and duration. Provide the formula used to calculate the average hashrate from that. Shows us the calculation and the result. Then you can pick an arbitrary 8-hour period within that date range to prove it was 100 PH/s. If you post anything else before doing this simple homework you'll prove yourself (once again) to be a hypocrite and a mindless sh(r)ill.

I love this game. Anyone else wanna have a go? Let's keep it civilized LOL.

Fucking retard army of HT, can't even send smart ones, just some idiot rejects repeating great leader's gaffes.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 07:05:49 AM

its another false hype.

We cannot give you an accurate hashrate because GAW intentionally included this design flaw to prevent that. They didn't care that some blocks would take 5 minutes to confirm while others take 10 seconds, because it meant they could claim they had 100 PH/s.

Anyways the hashrate =/= growth rate. A spike from 1 TH/s to 100 TH/s is no different from a spike from 1 PH/s to 100 PH/s.

The simple truth is if GAW wasn't so incompetent at everything they do, things wouldn't be constantly breaking.
ikeboy

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 07:11:02 AM

Isn't it funny how you're such a stickler for detail and source links, yet you pull a 100 PH/s number straight out of your ass and no link is necessary? So how about we start applying the same rules to yourself. Please shows us the list of blocks mined during the POW phase and each block's difficulty and duration. Provide the formula used to calculate the average hashrate from that. Shows us the calculation and the result. Then you can pick an arbitrary 8-hour period within that date range to prove it was 100 PH/s. If you post anything else before doing this simple homework you'll prove yourself (once again) to be a hypocrite and a mindless sh(r)ill.

I love this game. Anyone else wanna have a go? Let's keep it civilized LOL.

Fucking retard army of HT, can't even send smart ones, just some idiot rejects repeating great leader's gaffes.

https://twitter.com/gawceo/status/543618777565650944 was the 10% source. https://hashtalk.org/topic/23789/the-paycoin-network-just-broke-100-ph-s for 100 ph. I didn't think those were controversial, which is why I didn't source them at first. If anyone has better numbers, I'm ready to listen.

When I ask for sources, I'm not blaming the person for not originally including sources. When people are repeatedly called out to provide sources and refuse (like has happened several times), then there's a problem. Any time that I've been asked to provide, I either have or conceded. Now if everyone else would do the same ...
T0urist

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 07:16:34 AM

its another false hype.

i think homero quoted 87 petahashes too though i could be wrong here it was twitter and he does delete things later. but if you scan hashtalk the past threads say wow we are at 6PH then 5 mins later now its 2PH. its not reliable. needs to be averaged over a large block range. 100PH is impossible even for a new speculated coin. id believe 2 PH though. bitcoin at the time did drop 6-10PH. but remember that this could be multicoin switching and also those going for the usual pump and dump on new alts. bitcoin is registering at 342PH to menow for the network. this reinforces it was for the quick pump dump. if people believed in the network there still would be power doing the transaction confirms. its gone back to bitcoin.

homero lied again too. where was their farm which they were going to compete on the mining with? its not there never was. its simple to see look at the paycoin richest addresses. outside the apparent investors there is no address that shows a large farm impact.

he's digging a big hole. i still think hes doing a fly by night operation. highly dodgy shit he knew was lies and dodgy. hes trying to patch it up and make it legal now. unfortunately investigations cover past and present. he's basically boned in die time. scott is sorting him out as is coinfire i believe. hashie.co just had their death warrant signed, cloudminer.io i believe is walking the green mile. homero is hiding in the attic with the police currently knocking at his door.
T0urist

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 07:20:46 AM

Quote from: jimmothy
We cannot give you an accurate hashrate because GAW intentionally included this design flaw to prevent that. They didn't care that some blocks would take 5 minutes to confirm while others take 10 seconds, because it meant they could claim they had 100 PH/s.

Anyways the hashrate =/= growth rate. A spike from 1 TH/s to 100 TH/s is no different from a spike from 1 PH/s to 100 PH/s.

The simple truth is if GAW wasn't so incompetent at everything they do, things wouldn't be constantly breaking.

i refuse to brlieve GAW intentionally made the hashrate calc borked. it was likely a beneficial fuckup from cramming the blocktimes really low to claim instant hybrid flex confirmations.
ikeboy

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 07:21:44 AM

its another false hype.

If people believed in the network there still would be power doing the transaction confirms. its gone back to bitcoin.

It's pos now. What do you mean? (By the way, this is probably a silly question, but why can't people still mine on it on pow on the old wallet and keep the fork alive?)
T0urist

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 07:24:59 AM

because the wallet has a hard set date. the code prevents pow past this date time....
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8934

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 07:25:32 AM

Wtf is this? Homero wants to charge for paybase and then if you don't sell your paycoins he may give you free access!? Only giving out 10000 free premier accounts...LMFAO.

https://hashtalk.org/topic/26271/paybase-beta-is-near

Only this scammer could concoct such a lame plan.

Oh and so this is the beta. So there was no beta before this. Wasn't it claimed there was a beta. I know nobody cares cause the lie count is off the charts at this point.

This is an interesting twist. To discourage dumping they will create this Premier level. Quite innovative too - it can alter KYC requirements: "Higher transaction limits more quickly than standard verification will offer". I wonder what happens once you become a "Premier", does it enforce a certain dump/buy ratio? That would be great, they just need to offer a free mandatory Premier upgrade to everyone Smiley

Also note the 10% discount when spending "Paycoins you purchase from Paybase".
https://hashtalk.org/topic/26276

And the great math guru tankjnr tried to turn this into "$22 value"  Grin
https://hashtalk.org/topic/26275

But what's more interesting, how will they separate which coins were purchased from Paybase? Looks like something odd should be happening before those coins hit the blockchain.
ikeboy

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 07:27:34 AM

because the wallet has a hard set date. the code prevents pow past this date time....

Wasn't there some problem with them having to force people off though even at 0 rewards?
Pages: « 1 ... 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 [511] 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: