Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:20:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Recovery program beginning in January for PB Mining customers.  (Read 143907 times)
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 01:15:08 AM

Well, at least payments, however low they may be currently, are still coming. For them trolls who keep hammering that PB is a scam, I don't know of any scammer who has ever been that dedicated to supporting his customers, obviously moving heaven and earth to recover from whatever catastrophe happened.

There was no catastrophe. There's nothing to recover from. He's a scammer that is worried that he'll go to jail. That's the only reason he's doing anything.

Buy & Hold
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 01:20:38 AM

Well, at least payments, however low they may be currently, are still coming. For them trolls who keep hammering that PB is a scam, I don't know of any scammer who has ever been that dedicated to supporting his customers, obviously moving heaven and earth to recover from whatever catastrophe happened.

There was no catastrophe. There's nothing to recover from. He's a scammer that is worried that he'll go to jail. That's the only reason he's doing anything.
Agreed. I'm not sure how people are happy that PB is still paying. Sure they're paying, they're paying 1/20th of what they should be paying.

I'm not sure why it'll take until January to begin the "recovery program". Recovery should begin now, and it seems like a cover up for PB Mining to run off and disappear somewhere foreign with customer's money.

EDIT: Not sure if anyone saw this post but it appears that PB Mining has absolutely no reason to skim payouts.

In their second term of the "contract", the following statement was made: "Our insurance covers you so that you will always receive the proper payments." So their insurance should be covering the "lost funds".

However you view it, this is all very sketchy right now. I'm sure in the next few weeks things will slowly clear up.
ponder

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 01:23:18 AM

sent an email, just got this automated message   

pb mining is currently a failing business and a recovery is trying to be made. if you feel you have suffered a loss i am sincerely sorry, our losses are very large as well. there are thousands of customers affected by this.  other options are also being looked at for sources of recovery.

*This is an automated message.  *
lissandra

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 01:25:58 AM

wow people are still wondering that this is a scam/ponzi?

yeah payouts are continued based on new customers who dont know about cloudmining or much about it. that new funds the old customers.. hence being a ponzi..

SimplisticStu

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

♥Bitcoin-Ethereum-Ripple♥

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 01:27:54 AM

yeah payouts are continued based on new customers who dont know about cloudmining or much about it. that new funds the old customers.. hence being a ponzi..

Hash power is sold out, there is no option for new customers to buy GH/S to fund old customers so.....erm......yeah  Roll Eyes
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 01:34:11 AM

Hash power is sold out, there is no option for new customers to buy GH/S to fund old customers so.....erm......yeah  Roll Eyes

Which would explain why payouts were less than 10% of what was expected.
ponder

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 01:37:40 AM

havelock investments doesn't have any address either where you get amhash
MichaelNZ

Activity: 206

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 01:45:17 AM

I believe that is quite correct ... no new money ... no payments for existing customers.
The tiny amount of payments we're seeing now maybe showing the actual amount of physical hashing PB has available.

Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 02:10:42 AM

havelock investments doesn't have any address either where you get amhash

AMHash is ASICMiner's cloud mining service. AM are the oldest bitcoin ASIC manufacturer, they've proven themselves to be a reputable, trustworthy, legitimate business. They're not just a cloud mining company with no proof of legitimacy and no history. They've shown evidence of legitimacy. They also make the chips in miners which other people purchase. They've just produced their 4th generation ASIC and are also working on their 5th generation ASIC too. AM's legitimacy is pretty much as solid as you can get. Pretty much anybody who knows anything about bitcoin mining will tell you that and a quick google will show that too.

beatljuice

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 02:28:26 AM

How old are the people that keep accusing PBMining of being a scam? I assume you were publicly educated since you seem to have no understanding of innocence until proof of guilt.

I will agree that things look bad. And I lean toward believing that we won't be getting paid what our contracts promise, or even significant compensation.

That said, I have some experience. I've been "scammed," and I have been in situations like this, that looked like it was a scam but then worked out. In fact it just happened recently when a guy on BTCJam borrowed 50 BTC and then after making his first payment we didn't here from him until he was a few days past due on his second payment. A friend of his got on and said he'd been in an accident and several people started screaming "scammer!" These people had all the same crap to say that the accusers here have to say. Guess what. They were completely wrong. The guy payed back the full loan, with interest a day or two later.

Many of you argue "if they would just communicate better we would believe them." But that is complete bullshit. You would pick apart any information given and find the way they could still be scamming. I'm not saying the lack of communication is the right thing to do, just that I understand why they aren't answering your every fucked up accusatory question. Especially if they really are dealing a life threatening situation.

The fact that there was a payout today gives me a little hope that we may see a "recovery." But I'm an optimist. Note that PBMining has over 10,000 customers (going by the customer numbers) so $200,000 would only be a small payout to all of those. $200,000 / 10,000 = $20 average payout. I got roughly $7, but I'm not a huge customer.
socrtwo

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 02:34:56 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2014, 06:58:40 AM by socrtwo

UPDATED

My interest in PB Mining is I have 900 GHs tied up in it and didn't receive my full payment this week, but instead received 10% of what I was expecting. I normally receive about 0.064 bitcoins per week and have been plowing the proceeds back into purchasing more Ghs whenever I surpassed the minimum amount of Ghs that was purchasable. Honestly I did suspect all along that PB Mining was a ponzi scheme, but wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt. I suspected it as such as for awhile because they had by far, as far as I could tell, the lowest charge per GHs for virtual online mining. I continued using them as they seemed to be the only one whose returns and price for GHs was worth investing in the get a healthy return, but I was kind of waiting for the other shoe to drop because comparatively speaking in contrast to other online ming sites, they were a bargain. I can see I don't have that much tied up in Bitcoin mining compared some others on this site. I see it as a hobby and this is a definite lesson learned. However, it would be nice to get back at least some refund. Comparatively speaking I'm certainly very far from wealthy. More like just subsisting. But I get by.

IF YOU HAVE NOT CALLED THIS NUMBER, +1 306 975 8300 AND TOLD THEM THAT JASON BOYKO STOLE YOUR MONEY THAN YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM. YOU SHOULD NO LONGER POST UNLESS YOU HAVE CALLED. THE NUMBER FOR THE SASKATOON POLICE IS 306 975 8300. WHY ARE YOU WAITING. PLEASE POST 911 ONCE YOU HAVE FINISHED.

From within the US, I called over to +1 306 975 8300 Sunday Evening and got a nice policewoman. I didn't expect much but she does know what bitcoins are. She says that we should call Staff Sergeant Tim Failler directly on Monday. His direct line is 306-975-8348. He is in charge of Economic and Stolen Auto crimes. His assistant can also takes calls. His/her number is 306-975-8243. This site confirms the assistant's number: http://police.saskatoon.sk.ca/contact/. Maybe call there first. The policewoman reported they will be in from 8 AM to about 4 PM Saskatoon time (Central Standard Time). She reported Sgt Failler may be in earlier than 8 AM, the assistant though will be in at 8 (CST). Here is a picture of Sgt Failler: https://www.facebook.com/SaskatoonPolice/photos/pb.122212177802054.-2207520000.1417193303./836569049699693/?type=1. I'm not sure if he is the one on the left or the right. I would advise against filing an online report here: http://police.saskatoon.sk.ca/onlinereporting/. One of the criteria for being able to filing online is there are no known suspects, but there is a suspect Jason Boyko right?

By the way, Jason's legal name may be Dave or is it the other way around, that Dave is an alias? See: http://www.lifenews.ca/announcement/4026856-boyko-garry. There are listings for Dave Boyko and D Boyko in Saskatoon if you look in Canada's Whitepages, but no J. or Jason Boyko. I originally posted the phone numbers and addresses but I think that is too inflammatory and you can look them up if you are so inclined. As I said before, Dave Boyko or D Boyko may not be Jason Boyko, so don't take out your frustrations on either of those persons or do anything criminal without or even with proof. I have a subscription to https://www.phonedetective.com/, which has access to US info. For some of the "Jason Boyko" results there are names of relatives that might be associated with that person. About half of the results had such names, but none were of the same names that appear in the obituary listed above. Also looked at J Boyko and Dave Boyko and cross-checked that too, but no dice. So there is no obvious history in the US for Jason. Someone can check me on that.

Jason does not appear to have a criminal record of fraud in Saskatchewan or Canada. If it is the same Jason, he does have a conviction for "operating a motor vehicle on a street, road, highway, or other public place in a manner that is dangerous to the public" in 2003 where apparently as part of defending himself from someone with road rage, he hit with his car but did not injure the assailant. Also there is an older case where someone apparently assaulted him, not the reverse: http://www.canlii.org/en/sk/#search/jId=sk&all=Jason%20Boyko. There appears to be no record for Dave Boyko, so maybe Jason is his real name and the Dave thing is an alias. There are no other criminal records for Jason Boyko in Canada in other provinces as far as I can tell. At least that is using the http://www.canlii.org/ site.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 03:25:30 AM

How old are the people that keep accusing PBMining of being a scam? I assume you were publicly educated since you seem to have no understanding of innocence until proof of guilt.

It wasn't just a guess. From the minute PBMining announced their contracts, many people ran the numbers. It was virtually impossible for them to fulfill those contracts honestly. The only solution was if they were paying old customers with funds from new customers. That's the simple definition of a ponzi. And yes, a ponzi is a scam, no matter where you went to school.

Buy & Hold
luciann

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 04:13:36 AM

you think the canadian police department will do anything, after filing a police report?

i mean they didnt even know what bitcoins were.. so i doubt this case will get any good results. they`ll just prob label it as another 1,000 internet scams and just put more awareness and not link up the obvious personal info provided.

police are lazy fuks.

Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 04:20:13 AM

If any of you guys are buying this without an explanation as to where the "losses" are coming from you deserve to lose your money.

what are the losses.

You guys paid for hashpower, he was paying out as if he had it. So either he was lying and scamming you guys or the machines are gone, he needs to say which one is true.
ponder

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 04:39:58 AM

well no one is gonna make any money with old machines with the bitcoin price this low, maybe if it went back up to 1000 dollars a bitcoin, but i don't care what some of these smart philosophers are saying, i invested over 1000 dollars and i need my payouts, some of these people are here as if nothing's wrong, i hope that everything works out, i mean even if they had to upgrade with new asics to make a profit, i could understand, but they could have paid me my 45 dollars today with over 200 thousand dollars moving around, that I watched today Myself, let's be realistic the guy said he got 7 dollars, common they owed you at least 50 to 60 dollars
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:20:52 AM

I will agree that things look bad. And I lean toward believing that we won't be getting paid what our contracts promise, or even significant compensation.

That said, I have some experience. I've been "scammed," and I have been in situations like this, that looked like it was a scam but then worked out. In fact it just happened recently when a guy on BTCJam borrowed 50 BTC and then after making his first payment we didn't here from him until he was a few days past due on his second payment. A friend of his got on and said he'd been in an accident and several people started screaming "scammer!" These people had all the same crap to say that the accusers here have to say. Guess what. They were completely wrong. The guy payed back the full loan, with interest a day or two later.

Many of you argue "if they would just communicate better we would believe them." But that is complete bullshit. You would pick apart any information given and find the way they could still be scamming. I'm not saying the lack of communication is the right thing to do, just that I understand why they aren't answering your every fucked up accusatory question. Especially if they really are dealing a life threatening situation.

The fact that there was a payout today gives me a little hope that we may see a "recovery." But I'm an optimist. Note that PBMining has over 10,000 customers (going by the customer numbers) so $200,000 would only be a small payout to all of those. $200,000 / 10,000 = $20 average payout. I got roughly $7, but I'm not a huge customer.

i'm astounded that you even spent time typing that.  Roll Eyes

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
investor respect

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:21:17 AM

My interest in PB Mining is I have 900 GHs tied up in it and didn't receive my full payment this week, but instead received 10% of what I was expecting. I normally receive about 0.064 bitcoins per week and have been plowing the proceeds back into purchasing more Ghs whenever I surpassed the minimum amount of Ghs that was purchasable. Honestly I did suspect all along that PB Mining was a ponzi scheme, but wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt. I suspected it as such as for awhile because they had by far, as far as I could tell, the lowest charge per GHs for virtual online mining. I continued using them as they seemed to be the only one whose returns and price for GHs was worth investing in the get a healthy return, but I was kind of waiting for the other shoe to drop because comparatively speaking in contrast to other online ming sites, they were a bargain. I can see I don't have that much tied up in Bitcoin mining compared some others on this site. I see it as a hobby and this is a definite lesson learned. However, it would be nice to get back at least some refund. Comparatively speaking I'm certainly very far from wealthy. More like just subsisting. But I get by.

IF YOU HAVE NOT CALLED THIS NUMBER, +1 306 975 8300 AND TOLD THEM THAT JASON BOYKO STOLE YOUR MONEY THAN YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM. YOU SHOULD NO LONGER POST UNLESS YOU HAVE CALLED. THE NUMBER FOR THE SASKATOON POLICE IS 306 975 8300. WHY ARE YOU WAITING. PLEASE POST 911 ONCE YOU HAVE FINISHED.

Called over there Sunday Evening and got a nice policewoman. I didn't expect much but she does know what bitcoins are. She says that we should call Staff Sergeant Tim Failler directly on Monday. His direct line is 306-975-8348. He is in charge of Economic and Stolen Auto crimes. His assistant can also takes calls. His/her number is 306-975-8243. This site confirms the assistant's number: http://police.saskatoon.sk.ca/contact/. Maybe call there first. The policewoman reported they will be in from 8 AM to about 4 PM Saskatoon time (Central Standard Time). She reported Sgt Failler may be in earlier than 8 AM, the assistant though will be in at 8 (CST).

Here is a picture of Sgt Failler: https://www.facebook.com/SaskatoonPolice/photos/pb.122212177802054.-2207520000.1417193303./836569049699693/?type=1. I'm not sure if he is the one on the left or the right.

I would advise against filing an online report here: http://police.saskatoon.sk.ca/onlinereporting/. One of the criteria for being able to filing online is there are no known suspects, but there is a suspect Jason Boyko right?

By the way, Jason's legal name may be Dave or is it the other way around, that Dave is an alias? See: http://www.lifenews.ca/announcement/4026856-boyko-garry.

Update: There are listings for Dave Boyko and D Boyko in Saskatoon if you look in Canada's Whitepages. I originally posted the phone numbers and addresses but I think that is too inflammatory and you can look them up if you are so inclined. As I said before, Dave Boyko or D Boyko may not be Jason Boyko, so don't take out your frustrations on either of those persons or do anything criminal without or even with proof.

For everybody's info, Jason does not appear to have a criminal record of Fraud in Saskatchewan or really much of any record, just an old traffic violation and a case where someone apparently assaulted him, not the reverse: http://www.canlii.org/en/sk/#search/jId=sk&all=Jason%20Boyko. There appears to be no record for Dave Boyko, so maybe Jason is his real name and the Dave thing is an alias. There are no other criminal records for Jason Boyko in Canada in other provinces as far as I can tell. At least that is using the http://www.canlii.org/ site.

NICE JOB. THANK YOU. WHAT I LIKE ABOUT THIS IS YOU REPORTED BACK NEW INFO. YOU GAVE US THE POSITIVE INFO. WE FEEL RENEWED AND WE CAN SEE THIS MOVING FORWARD. IF WE ALL KEEP CALLING AND ENCOURAGE THE POLICE TO ACT WE WILL SEE SOME RESULTS. LETS GET 100 CALLS. PLEASE CALL TODAY!!!! AND GO EASY ON THE COPS AND BE POLITE. THIS IS PROBABLY NEW TO THEM. JASON DOESNT HAVE THE RIGHT TO STEAL..."call Staff Sergeant Tim Failler directly on Monday. His direct line is 306-975-8348. He is in charge of Economic and Stolen Auto crimes. His assistant can also takes calls. His/her number is 306-975-8243."... ONE DAY I HOPE TO SEE A THIRD PARTY SIT DOWN WITH A FORENSIC ACCOUNT OF JASONS ASSETS AND DIVIDE THEM UP PER GH TO ALL HIS VICTIMS.  KeeP the CaLLS Coming!!!!!
investor respect

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:27:30 AM

I think everybody should just calm down and let him work his problem. Insulting him will certainly not help.

so i guess moving "heaven and earth" doesn't include a post explaining what is going on, besides the one where face book broke his mining farm.. is that how mosas parted the red sea  Cheesy lol
gch_ling

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:41:55 AM

it is an obvious truth
botolo86

Activity: 200

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:51:39 AM

I always supported PBMining but unfortunately I now think this was a ponzi and here is why I think this: it is too big of a coincidence that PBMining collapsed after a series of very low difficulty increase and a difficulty decrease. When the difficulty was up, people were not able to recoup their investment because of this and PBMining just gave you back, week after week, part of your investment. You would have lost money but you would have been "happy" because this was the difficulty's fault. The profit he was making was needed to pay the clients who, through referral link, got more GHS than what they paid.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: