Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:04:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436015 times)
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 02:55:51 PM

Just wanted to say although closed source is certainly frowned upon around here, with the magnetz scam and TPB coin, obviously there is interest in a project such as this.  If our dev is truly talented and is crafting something unique here, releasing the code too soon is begging to have it ripped off.  I fully sympathize with the developer if he wishes to take a similar route as DRK.  Whether or not DRK is technically the best anonymous coin out there is an entirely different topic, but waiting til DRK cemented itself with the reputation of being the premier anonymous coin before releasing it's code was a smart play.  At this point the DRK branding and network effect is so strong, copying the code isn't going to hurt it.  If DRK had released their code early on, it is likely it would have been cloned and copied a thousand times, watering down investment in it and preventing it from reaching the position it has.

So, just wanted to say, I for one support the decision to stay closed source for a period of time if the developer deems it necessary.

DRK is not fully anon coin. because of centralize mixing and Xcurrency has vastly superior technology regarding anon tech. that is impossible to penetrate because you will have to brake every wallet in network....but you are right with postponing of opening source code

DRK is not fully anon coin

This is a false off-topic, but this is not the right place to talk about DRK anon here (believe me, the success brings you tons of useless hate, hope it will happen here).

I fully sympathize with the developer if he wishes to take a similar route as DRK

I was an early supporter of DRK, as some people may know, i began with the DRK community last february. At at this time, Evan was talking with us all the time in the thread (you can check it). The code was closed at the beginning, and that was a smart move, but the developer was showing us his awesomeness all the time.
I really want to know what is the developer working on, I dont need to check the code to understand. If this is big, now is time to show us and begin to build the community.

DRK is the biggest alt project in crypto right now not only because of the developers, but all the people (me included) helping testing, debugging, promoting the coin, doing translations. etc.

Yes, let us not debate the technical merits of DRK in this thread.  That was not the point of my original comment.  I was simply pointing out the merits of DRK's decision to stay closed source for a time.

Besides, never heard of this Xcurrency.  Sounds like a scam coin to me. 

Let's stay on topic.

never heard? ..what you are doing in crypto I wonder

Wow, so the point of my original post went over your head, as did the sarcasm of my response?

It's okay, I set out some kool-aid and a blanket for you.  Just be calm and relax, BCT is a scary place.  I have alerted Dan that one of his drones has wandered off from the slack group and he is coming by to take you home shortly, alright buddy?  Hang in there pal.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vince232

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:05:42 PM

can i download torrent now using vtorrent?
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:06:50 PM

Not yet.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

vince232

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:13:09 PM

Not yet.

Haha just wanted to start another topic so that two can stop

Did the dev inform the community how long will it take to be able to dl?
dida
Legendary

Activity: 1190

SoNiC BooM

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:15:29 PM

never heard? ..what you are doing in crypto I wonder
[/quote]

Wow, so the point of my original post went over your head, as did the sarcasm of my response?

It's okay, I set out some kool-aid and a blanket for you.  Just be calm and relax, BCT is a scary place.  I have alerted Dan that one of his drones has wandered off from the slack group and he is coming by to take you home shortly, alright buddy?  Hang in there pal.
[/quote]

Grin
Frigga77

Activity: 379

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 05:18:41 PM

My main problem with this coin is that the Dev is practically giving no technical information at all about the technology behind it. There are no signs of development whatsoever, even the so-called beta client for OSX that should be tested by some people that have OSX, seems not to have been downloaded or tested by anyone (I presume most don't have OSX). So there is no evidence that the Dev even has implemented some parts of some promised code (in-wallet trading). He says he is busy with some bug, but no signs of that either, and it could easily be used as an excuse for not being able to show any progress on the torrent part.
Don't get me wrong, I would love the idea of a coin that also handles torrents (although I doubt if it would be something that could be easily built on the blockchain, the blockchain might get too big, and every new feature in a wallet is a potential security risk for wallet itself), but I doubt that this Dev has the intention or is able to build it.
magaura
Legendary

Activity: 1029

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 05:31:44 PM

I'm out..risky to hold alts ATM ..

dida
Legendary

Activity: 1190

SoNiC BooM

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 05:38:33 PM

My main problem with this coin is that the Dev is practically giving no technical information at all about the technology behind it. There are no signs of development whatsoever, even the so-called beta client for OSX that should be tested by some people that have OSX, seems not to have been downloaded or tested by anyone (I presume most don't have OSX). So there is no evidence that the Dev even has implemented some parts of some promised code (in-wallet trading). He says he is busy with some bug, but no signs of that either, and it could easily be used as an excuse for not being able to show any progress on the torrent part.
Don't get me wrong, I would love the idea of a coin that also handles torrents (although I doubt if it would be something that could be easily built on the blockchain, the blockchain might get too big, and every new feature in a wallet is a potential security risk for wallet itself), but I doubt that this Dev has the intention or is able to build it.

You can develop torrent on sidechain tech. if you ask me and avoid problems on blockchain to be too large and also avoid risks for main wallet. It requires work but I think it can be done.
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 05:49:45 PM

You can develop torrent on sidechain tech. if you ask me and avoid problems on blockchain to be too large and also avoid risks for main wallet. It requires work but I think it can be done.

The dev told me that he can get the magnet link into the blockchain and it would be the same size as txid, so no bloat.

@ frigga77, the dev did mail a few of us earlier in the thread and show us how he would get the magnet link into the blockchain. I would agree that he hasn't been the most active poster.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

Frigga77

Activity: 379

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 07:25:33 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2015, 08:00:23 AM by Frigga77

The dev told me that he can get the magnet link into the blockchain and it would be the same size as txid, so no bloat.

@ frigga77, the dev did mail a few of us earlier in the thread and show us how he would get the magnet link into the blockchain. I would agree that he hasn't been the most active poster.

So what exactly are the ideas of the Dev about getting the magnet link into the blockchain and getting the info out like an index like PirateBay in the wallet? Would not be too hard to give some idea about it without actually giving us the code. I am sure a lot of us want to know, so is there someone that can give that info? Besides, did anyone test the Beta Wallet?
hack_

Activity: 501
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:13:35 AM

So basically no visible progress??

Am i the only one who thinks there is probably a guy out there laughing his ass off at how he used the same scam thrice ?
What do you mean the same scam thrice? What were the 2 first scams? I'm just wondering what is your proof of this?

Ah, there have been claims of torrent based coins that have taken BTC and run. Please keep in mind that I was interested in this project from the start and even tried to engage the dev in a technical discussion. He was vague and evasive, not at all confident that he could implement it.

Now after so long

1) No updates
2) No wallet with trading
3) No torrents
4) No real whitepaper

ik_do

Activity: 522

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:03:24 AM

So basically no visible progress??

Am i the only one who thinks there is probably a guy out there laughing his ass off at how he used the same scam thrice ?
What do you mean the same scam thrice? What were the 2 first scams? I'm just wondering what is your proof of this?

Ah, there have been claims of torrent based coins that have taken BTC and run. Please keep in mind that I was interested in this project from the start and even tried to engage the dev in a technical discussion. He was vague and evasive, not at all confident that he could implement it.

Now after so long

1) No updates
2) No wallet with trading
3) No torrents
4) No real whitepaper
I do believe he indicated before that he'd only release features once he was confident they would work well. For instance the trading feature is supposed to come in the next beta.

In any case software development takes time--would you rather have a shitty torrent client with a buggy implementation or a great client with fantastic implementation?

EDIT: and really you're going to say
"Now after so long"
It's been two months since this was announced. Be patient.
magaura
Legendary

Activity: 1029

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:06:48 AM

ok, but without communication this is just nothing..  and who will invest? I still believe in this(bought back some after my short..)..but really sounds scammmy...and this is scary..please dev..more communication!

drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:01:12 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2015, 11:15:30 AM by drays

Regarding the beta client for OSX (I highlighted it in bold above) - the statement is not correct actually. This thread became pretty big, and it is hard to find something in here, however, if you look at pages 15 and 19, you can see that user pnoch (the same guy who helped to prove the Magnetz are a scam, and the same guy who is supposed to be helping the dev to find the encryption bug in wallet), has tested this and was pretty much impressed by it.

The dev indeed is not very talkative lately, but he is a developer, not a PR person, so its natural he would have to be out of the forum, to be able to work without interruptions. I am a programmer too, and to me, the main thing you need during development and debugging, is a concentration - no forums, no chats, no social network, no managers bugging you, no people talking to you. Its a time consuming and silent process. Moreover, as far as I understood, the dev is working at some company at the same time, so needs to do the job too.

So... I would like the dev to make one post a day, with some short status update, or interesting info Smiley. Thats should not be too hard, and should keep people happy until the you have more time Smiley

... this space is not for rent ...
rakesh1_90

Activity: 686

Fall seven times, stand up eight.

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 01:23:06 PM

Vince you are on the wrong thread...get back inside your boundaries Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
vince232

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 01:26:18 PM

Vince you are on the wrong thread...get back inside your boundaries Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

hhaha they said never go all in so i looked for other coins.

you to go back haha
Frazazel

Activity: 340

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 03:09:39 PM

I try THE Mac wallet but there are NO connections  Huh

https://crypto-income.eu (where crypto become's your income)
oktogen

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 04:10:53 PM

I try THE Mac wallet but there are NO connections  Huh

Did you put there vtorrent.conf (with nodes)?
Frazazel

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 06:14:14 PM

I try THE Mac wallet but there are NO connections  Huh

Did you put there vtorrent.conf (with nodes)?

Where can I find them ?

Frazazel

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 06:18:42 PM

Does any body have anny working nodes? my wallet doesnt sync

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: