|
vince232
|
 |
January 12, 2015, 03:05:42 PM |
|
can i download torrent now using vtorrent?
|
|
|
|
|
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
|
 |
January 12, 2015, 03:06:50 PM |
|
can i download torrent now using vtorrent?
Not yet.
|
|
|
|
|
vince232
|
 |
January 12, 2015, 03:13:09 PM |
|
can i download torrent now using vtorrent?
Not yet. Haha just wanted to start another topic so that two can stop Did the dev inform the community how long will it take to be able to dl?
|
|
|
|
|
dida
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
SoNiC BooM
|
 |
January 12, 2015, 03:15:29 PM |
|
never heard? ..what you are doing in crypto I wonder [/quote] Wow, so the point of my original post went over your head, as did the sarcasm of my response? It's okay, I set out some kool-aid and a blanket for you. Just be calm and relax, BCT is a scary place. I have alerted Dan that one of his drones has wandered off from the slack group and he is coming by to take you home shortly, alright buddy? Hang in there pal. [/quote] 
|
|
|
|
|
|
Frigga77
|
 |
January 12, 2015, 05:18:41 PM |
|
My main problem with this coin is that the Dev is practically giving no technical information at all about the technology behind it. There are no signs of development whatsoever, even the so-called beta client for OSX that should be tested by some people that have OSX, seems not to have been downloaded or tested by anyone (I presume most don't have OSX). So there is no evidence that the Dev even has implemented some parts of some promised code (in-wallet trading). He says he is busy with some bug, but no signs of that either, and it could easily be used as an excuse for not being able to show any progress on the torrent part. Don't get me wrong, I would love the idea of a coin that also handles torrents (although I doubt if it would be something that could be easily built on the blockchain, the blockchain might get too big, and every new feature in a wallet is a potential security risk for wallet itself), but I doubt that this Dev has the intention or is able to build it.
|
|
|
|
|
magaura
Legendary

Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
|
 |
January 12, 2015, 05:31:44 PM |
|
I'm out..risky to hold alts ATM ..
|
|
|
|
dida
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
SoNiC BooM
|
 |
January 12, 2015, 05:38:33 PM |
|
My main problem with this coin is that the Dev is practically giving no technical information at all about the technology behind it. There are no signs of development whatsoever, even the so-called beta client for OSX that should be tested by some people that have OSX, seems not to have been downloaded or tested by anyone (I presume most don't have OSX). So there is no evidence that the Dev even has implemented some parts of some promised code (in-wallet trading). He says he is busy with some bug, but no signs of that either, and it could easily be used as an excuse for not being able to show any progress on the torrent part. Don't get me wrong, I would love the idea of a coin that also handles torrents (although I doubt if it would be something that could be easily built on the blockchain, the blockchain might get too big, and every new feature in a wallet is a potential security risk for wallet itself), but I doubt that this Dev has the intention or is able to build it.
You can develop torrent on sidechain tech. if you ask me and avoid problems on blockchain to be too large and also avoid risks for main wallet. It requires work but I think it can be done.
|
|
|
|
|
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
|
 |
January 12, 2015, 05:49:45 PM |
|
My main problem with this coin is that the Dev is practically giving no technical information at all about the technology behind it. There are no signs of development whatsoever, even the so-called beta client for OSX that should be tested by some people that have OSX, seems not to have been downloaded or tested by anyone (I presume most don't have OSX). So there is no evidence that the Dev even has implemented some parts of some promised code (in-wallet trading). He says he is busy with some bug, but no signs of that either, and it could easily be used as an excuse for not being able to show any progress on the torrent part. Don't get me wrong, I would love the idea of a coin that also handles torrents (although I doubt if it would be something that could be easily built on the blockchain, the blockchain might get too big, and every new feature in a wallet is a potential security risk for wallet itself), but I doubt that this Dev has the intention or is able to build it.
You can develop torrent on sidechain tech. if you ask me and avoid problems on blockchain to be too large and also avoid risks for main wallet. It requires work but I think it can be done. The dev told me that he can get the magnet link into the blockchain and it would be the same size as txid, so no bloat. @ frigga77, the dev did mail a few of us earlier in the thread and show us how he would get the magnet link into the blockchain. I would agree that he hasn't been the most active poster.
|
|
|
|
|
Frigga77
|
 |
January 13, 2015, 07:25:33 AM Last edit: January 13, 2015, 08:00:23 AM by Frigga77 |
|
My main problem with this coin is that the Dev is practically giving no technical information at all about the technology behind it. There are no signs of development whatsoever, even the so-called beta client for OSX that should be tested by some people that have OSX, seems not to have been downloaded or tested by anyone (I presume most don't have OSX). So there is no evidence that the Dev even has implemented some parts of some promised code (in-wallet trading). He says he is busy with some bug, but no signs of that either, and it could easily be used as an excuse for not being able to show any progress on the torrent part. Don't get me wrong, I would love the idea of a coin that also handles torrents (although I doubt if it would be something that could be easily built on the blockchain, the blockchain might get too big, and every new feature in a wallet is a potential security risk for wallet itself), but I doubt that this Dev has the intention or is able to build it.
You can develop torrent on sidechain tech. if you ask me and avoid problems on blockchain to be too large and also avoid risks for main wallet. It requires work but I think it can be done. The dev told me that he can get the magnet link into the blockchain and it would be the same size as txid, so no bloat. @ frigga77, the dev did mail a few of us earlier in the thread and show us how he would get the magnet link into the blockchain. I would agree that he hasn't been the most active poster. So what exactly are the ideas of the Dev about getting the magnet link into the blockchain and getting the info out like an index like PirateBay in the wallet? Would not be too hard to give some idea about it without actually giving us the code. I am sure a lot of us want to know, so is there someone that can give that info? Besides, did anyone test the Beta Wallet?
|
|
|
|
|
|
hack_
|
 |
January 13, 2015, 08:13:35 AM |
|
So basically no visible progress??
Am i the only one who thinks there is probably a guy out there laughing his ass off at how he used the same scam thrice ?
What do you mean the same scam thrice? What were the 2 first scams? I'm just wondering what is your proof of this? Ah, there have been claims of torrent based coins that have taken BTC and run. Please keep in mind that I was interested in this project from the start and even tried to engage the dev in a technical discussion. He was vague and evasive, not at all confident that he could implement it. Now after so long 1) No updates 2) No wallet with trading 3) No torrents 4) No real whitepaper
|
|
|
|
|
|
ik_do
|
 |
January 13, 2015, 10:03:24 AM |
|
So basically no visible progress??
Am i the only one who thinks there is probably a guy out there laughing his ass off at how he used the same scam thrice ?
What do you mean the same scam thrice? What were the 2 first scams? I'm just wondering what is your proof of this? Ah, there have been claims of torrent based coins that have taken BTC and run. Please keep in mind that I was interested in this project from the start and even tried to engage the dev in a technical discussion. He was vague and evasive, not at all confident that he could implement it. Now after so long 1) No updates 2) No wallet with trading 3) No torrents 4) No real whitepaper I do believe he indicated before that he'd only release features once he was confident they would work well. For instance the trading feature is supposed to come in the next beta. In any case software development takes time--would you rather have a shitty torrent client with a buggy implementation or a great client with fantastic implementation? EDIT: and really you're going to say "Now after so long" It's been two months since this was announced. Be patient.
|
|
|
|
|
magaura
Legendary

Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
|
 |
January 13, 2015, 10:06:48 AM |
|
ok, but without communication this is just nothing.. and who will invest? I still believe in this(bought back some after my short..)..but really sounds scammmy...and this is scary..please dev..more communication!
|
|
|
|
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1073
|
 |
January 13, 2015, 11:01:12 AM Last edit: January 13, 2015, 11:15:30 AM by drays |
|
My main problem with this coin is that the Dev is practically giving no technical information at all about the technology behind it. There are no signs of development whatsoever, even the so-called beta client for OSX that should be tested by some people that have OSX, seems not to have been downloaded or tested by anyone (I presume most don't have OSX). So there is no evidence that the Dev even has implemented some parts of some promised code (in-wallet trading). He says he is busy with some bug, but no signs of that either, and it could easily be used as an excuse for not being able to show any progress on the torrent part. Don't get me wrong, I would love the idea of a coin that also handles torrents (although I doubt if it would be something that could be easily built on the blockchain, the blockchain might get too big, and every new feature in a wallet is a potential security risk for wallet itself), but I doubt that this Dev has the intention or is able to build it.
Regarding the beta client for OSX (I highlighted it in bold above) - the statement is not correct actually. This thread became pretty big, and it is hard to find something in here, however, if you look at pages 15 and 19, you can see that user pnoch (the same guy who helped to prove the Magnetz are a scam, and the same guy who is supposed to be helping the dev to find the encryption bug in wallet), has tested this and was pretty much impressed by it. The dev indeed is not very talkative lately, but he is a developer, not a PR person, so its natural he would have to be out of the forum, to be able to work without interruptions. I am a programmer too, and to me, the main thing you need during development and debugging, is a concentration - no forums, no chats, no social network, no managers bugging you, no people talking to you. Its a time consuming and silent process. Moreover, as far as I understood, the dev is working at some company at the same time, so needs to do the job too. So... I would like the dev to make one post a day, with some short status update, or interesting info  . Thats should not be too hard, and should keep people happy until the you have more time 
|
... this space is not for rent ...
|
|
|
|
rakesh1_90
|
 |
January 13, 2015, 01:23:06 PM |
|
|
Tip jar: bc1q86ptgvfx5jmyxsu4hwvp0u6ky5jr9l9nhul22k
|
|
|
|
vince232
|
 |
January 13, 2015, 01:26:18 PM |
|
hhaha they said never go all in so i looked for other coins. you to go back haha
|
|
|
|
|
|
Frazazel
|
 |
January 13, 2015, 03:09:39 PM |
|
I try THE Mac wallet but there are NO connections 
|
|
|
|
oktogen
Newbie

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
|
 |
January 13, 2015, 04:10:53 PM |
|
I try THE Mac wallet but there are NO connections  Did you put there vtorrent.conf (with nodes)?
|
|
|
|
|
|
Frazazel
|
 |
January 13, 2015, 06:14:14 PM |
|
I try THE Mac wallet but there are NO connections  Did you put there vtorrent.conf (with nodes)? Where can I find them ?
|
|
|
|
|
Frazazel
|
 |
January 13, 2015, 06:18:42 PM |
|
Does any body have anny working nodes? my wallet doesnt sync
|
|
|
|
|
mikerbiker6
|
 |
January 13, 2015, 06:28:01 PM |
|
Does any body have anny working nodes? my wallet doesnt sync
Get a pc, nah just kidding. You have to make the config file yourself, I believe it is explained on page 25.
|
Participate and Earn on the Letstalkbitcoin forum letstalkbitcoin.com
|
|
|
|