Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:36:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 249 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈  (Read 284487 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tombtc

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 04:37:36 AM

So far so good. My wallet starts every time now with no issues  Cool

So banknodes will be mining now? When do you plan to implement that? Is this going to be 100% banknode mining or will be shared with miners somehow?
bitcreditscc (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 05:10:17 AM

So banknodes will be mining now? When do you plan to implement that? Is this going to be 100% banknode mining or will be shared with miners somehow?

To reduce the incentive of wasteful mining (hardware arms race) and foster useful investment (invest in the coin, don't give away your money to amazon and AMD) BNs only will be mining.

Currently i am getting opinions on this, consulting more learned devs and have the rudimentary idea down, it's just adding a basic check that does a look up on every new block to see if it was mined by a BN key.

In pseudo code that would be

Code:
Look back x blocks and map pubkeys 
if new_block pubkey is any of (map pubkeys)
reject block

But this is only really useful if we can significantly lower the hashrate such that solo mining is effective.

To that effect , I am trying to find someone who really understands multi-threading so we can improve the internal miner's performance. So once
1) Miner is improved
2) Hashrate is sufficiently suppressed
3) Code is reviewed and vetted

We'll have a BN only mining situation.

The workload is huge so expect many delays , but we'll get there. Right now i am trying to wrap up work on the messaging GUI  then i can focus on the voting system, once that is done, i hope to figure out a way to append the bidding results to getblocktemplate (so it is compatible with all miners and pools) and also write corresponding changes to the p2pool code. Once that is complete i need to define, plan and write the code for having multiple levels of nodes and test it out especially how it will determine the payout for a node. This of course will be done at the same time that i will be writing the functions of colored coins/assets into the core.

After the next update i will likely go closed source to protect some of the ideas. 

TruthSeeker101

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:13:19 AM

To reduce the incentive of wasteful mining (hardware arms race) and foster useful investment (invest in the coin, don't give away your money to amazon and AMD) BNs only will be mining.

Currently i am getting opinions on this, consulting more learned devs and have the rudimentary idea down, it's just adding a basic check that does a look up on every new block to see if it was mined by a BN key.

Code:
reject block

But this is only really useful if we can significantly lower the hashrate such that solo mining is effective.

To that effect , I am trying to find someone who really understands multi-threading so we can improve the internal miner's performance. So once
1) Miner is improved

The workload is huge so expect many delays , but we'll get there. Right now i am trying to wrap up work on the messaging GUI  then i can focus on the voting system, once that is done, i hope to figure out a way to append the bidding results to getblocktemplate (so it is compatible with all miners and pools) and also write corresponding changes to the p2pool code. Once that is complete i need to define, plan and write the code for having multiple levels of nodes and test it out especially how it will determine the payout for a node. This of course will be done at the same time that i will be writing the functions of colored coins/assets into the core.

After the next update i will likely go closed source to protect some of the ideas. 

Interesting project.... I would love to help but have 0 coding knowledge Sad
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:28:58 AM

Code:
reject block

1) Miner is improved

Interesting project.... I would love to help but have 0 coding knowledge Sad

Hello, welcome!

If you want to help (and be paid) I would really appreciate someone with media skills to put together a new OP and some aterial to circulate.

tombtc

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 10:29:18 AM

So without a public key I cannot send a message, right?
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 10:34:43 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2015, 10:45:01 AM by bitcreditscc

So without a public key I cannot send a message, right?

Yup

But if the address has been used to send coins before, then it's already there in the chain, just do smsgscanchain. It's a double edged sword with regards to this implementation, we can't do "time delayed mesg " or anything the requires unused keys. But it's also a sure fire way of eventually building a directory of services Smiley

tombtc

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 10:51:13 AM

Is sharing public keys perfectly safe? They are just extended addresses, right?
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 10:53:23 AM

Lol, actually you already share your public keys, "coins" are "sent" to a public key. What you call an address is actually the hash of the public key.

What you should never share are your private keys.....hence the naming convention public vs private.

proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 11:09:38 AM

Lol, actually you already share your public keys, "coins" are "sent" to a public key. What you call an address is actually the hash of the public key.

What you should never share are your private keys.....hence the naming convention public vs private.

what about masternode privkey?
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 11:26:04 AM

Thus far i have not seen how this can be used against you except perhaps to disrupt your BN. And even that is a stretch, there is no real link between the key, your node and your coins. It can't be used to steal coins.

proletariat
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 11:47:08 AM

Thus far i have not seen how this can be used against you except perhaps to disrupt your BN. And even that is a stretch, there is no real link between the key, your node and your coins. It can't be used to steal coins.

Excellent to know, thanks.
Will try to make small guide for banknodes then... I've seen the same tutorial on every other coin I've gambled with and they are all overly complicated. No one seems to use GUI for god knows what reason.... it is extremely straight forward.
tombtc

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 11:56:25 AM

Will try to make small guide for banknodes then... I've seen the same tutorial on every other coin I've gambled with and they are all overly complicated. No one seems to use GUI for god knows what reason.... it is extremely straight forward.

Is that going to be setup guide for a VPS banknode?
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 11:57:20 AM

Thoughts on one click banknode setup?

proletariat
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 12:55:35 PM

Is that going to be setup guide for a VPS banknode?

There's nothing to it. You hold your coins and manage all your nodes from your one local encrypted wallet and you only unlock it for starting the nodes, that's it. The vps only holds your 'dummy' wallets running for each node, these don't need to be encrypted nor backed up, nothing, they just need to be running, your payments go directly to your local wallet.

Was going to do a guide for BCR with pics and all but it's basically the same thing I wrote here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1150229.msg12161099#msg12161099

I'll re-do that one and add the steps for multiple nodes.
tombtc

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 01:10:31 PM

But the one you posted is a Hot node? Means the wallet has to be ON all the time?
proletariat
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 01:16:41 PM

But the one you posted is a Hot node? Means the wallet has to be ON all the time?

I honestly don't know. I'm no pro nor anything I just happened to fiddle around with nodes GUI and it just.. works - no need to go into the console to type commands.
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 01:45:22 PM

Hot BN is when your coins are on the same machine that runs 24/7, cold setup is when you have a proxy..ie VPS in most cases. But You can have a cold BN on your home network , hell even on the same computer.

However the coming updates discourage hosting too many nodes on one machine, we want BNs to mine, so the max # you can probably run on a one core 1 GB ram VPS will be 2 nodes...

I'd actually encourage local nodes , because it's easier to use a pc at home/work to be online and mining and also promotes decentralization. Obviously if you want you can have VPS, which is more stable  + likely better bandwidth/latency

It's really up to the user. I'm spinning up a BN in a few minutes to represent the exchange....speaking of which 2FA now works so you can register and confirm your account. Email is still dodge , but i'll get to it. Some things keep falling between the cracks as i jump between projects.

Soon, everytime you start your wallet, it will automatically login to the exchange, and any bank nodes you have contracts/accounts with and update your stats , balances as well as allow fiat based bidding.....so much innovation..so little time, even less devs.

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 01:50:27 PM

I'm sure you have noticed how there is a divide growing with new ideas, they all seem to be leaning towards web based solutions, wehere they control your private keys.... I want to provide those same services right off the chain, why use a web wallet when you can get all the perks and extra security using a core wallet? Hell, we can even have someone offering a service of just storing a 2 KB file for you that contains highly encrypted priv keys. He can't access them, but you can via password/decryption after downloading the file.... unlike web wallets where if they close shop....gone are your coins.

Could even take it a step further, encrypt your privkeys and store the on the chain..... so long as you know your pass phrase, any wallet you open + your phrase == recovery of your coins.

alganonim

Activity: 260

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 02:51:06 PM

Hot BN is when your coins are on the same machine that runs 24/7, cold setup is when you have a proxy..ie VPS in most cases. But You can have a cold BN on your home network , hell even on the same computer.

However the coming updates discourage hosting too many nodes on one machine, we want BNs to mine, so the max # you can probably run on a one core 1 GB ram VPS will be 2 nodes...

I'd actually encourage local nodes , because it's easier to use a pc at home/work to be online and mining and also promotes decentralization. Obviously if you want you can have VPS, which is more stable  + likely better bandwidth/latency

It's really up to the user. I'm spinning up a BN in a few minutes to represent the exchange....speaking of which 2FA now works so you can register and confirm your account. Email is still dodge , but i'll get to it. Some things keep falling between the cracks as i jump between projects.

Soon, everytime you start your wallet, it will automatically login to the exchange, and any bank nodes you have contracts/accounts with and update your stats , balances as well as allow fiat based bidding.....so much innovation..so little time, even less devs.

I only hope that before you will enable BN mining, bigger Banknodes will be enabled first. Like you said there will be need to create much more Vps' and I'm not willing to do it. Operating multiple BN instances on one Vps is stressful enough, still don't get it why 250k Banknodes were wiped when now the similiar idea gets back, couldn't it be saved in the beginning and cooperate with 50k Banknodes? Of course update were inevitable but it would be less work for us.

As for Windows vs Linux Bn, I must admit that Linux version on some Vps is rather more stable and secure than easy-peasy few clicks Windows version, every monkey can learn some basic commands and with help of this community can make it. I even made finally my vps to use swap file and change host name to not see any more those stupid "cannot resolve..." infos.
But not everyone got time and nerves for that, if you want a broader expansion of market and investors involved then Windows version must be always stable and easy to use. If someone will loose his coins because of his mistakes or stupidity then it is his choice and that's how life goes...

Still mostly on mobile and in summer lazy mode, take care
proletariat
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 02:54:06 PM

I'm sure you have noticed how there is a divide growing with new ideas, they all seem to be leaning towards web based solutions, wehere they control your private keys.... I want to provide those same services right off the chain, why use a web wallet when you can get all the perks and extra security using a core wallet? Hell, we can even have someone offering a service of just storing a 2 KB file for you that contains highly encrypted priv keys. He can't access them, but you can via password/decryption after downloading the file.... unlike web wallets where if they close shop....gone are your coins.

Could even take it a step further, encrypt your privkeys and store the on the chain..... so long as you know your pass phrase, any wallet you open + your phrase == recovery of your coins.

I prefer that too. I don't know the underlinings of a web wallet or security or anything but as a consumer, it feels like i have more control over my property with a local qt wallet.
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 249 »
  Print  

Jump to: