Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 05:29:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH  (Read 450930 times)
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 07:20:10 PM

Not the most complete description but I take it there is an inflow and outflow pipe pair to the tank moving the Novec to an external radiator to exhaust heat and a second inflow and outflow pair to the condenser also to an external radiator?  Ah, found it.  One gallon offered for sale @ $379.95.

This is off topic but the Novec fluid doesn't get pumped anywhere. This video should explain it better. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ErbZtpL88

Back on topic. Bitmain, I'm ready to purchase more S5's. With the price of BTC creeping up I think it would be worthwhile.

See, I don't understand that.  If it's an enclosed system and the Novec evaporates off the ASICs dropping their temperature, that energy is in the Novec gas.  If it condenses within the enclosed container as it must or it's lost, that energy must be released.  The energy wouldn't leave the enclosed container and its temperature would build.  He says he might heat a driveway.  So, is taking the heat out via whatever fluid is circulating within the condenser enough to remove all the heat?
The fluid vapour is cooled by water.
727miner

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 08:01:06 PM

I had another S5 loose a blade on Sunday (2nd one that has failed in the 30 days I've had them). I tried using a different power supply and also moving the cables to the other port on the controller but it's still going all xxx's. I'm not overclocking, just running stock settings. I emailed Bitmain support but only got one response asking what kind of power supply I was using. I responded back (EVGA 750G & Corsair HX850) but heard  nothing further from them. Bitmain, can you send me an RMA number and I'll ship this back to Colorado?

Hi, we are in the same boat. 1 of my s5 blade dead in a month and promised to give shipping label to ship back. But its already 3 weeks since the promised and I never heard back from them again. I send couple email but no reply at all. BITMAIN if you read this please prosess our RMA. I Have been loyal customer since antminer S1.  Thank You

I had another one fail a few weeks ago and Bitmain Support was much more responsive then. I don't mind paying the shipping to Denver, just don't want to ship it back without an RMA number or confirmation that they will send me a replacement.

I heard back from BitmainWarranty and just shipped my faulty S5 back to Colorado. Hopefully they can turn it around as fast as last time..
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 08:09:46 PM

Not the most complete description but I take it there is an inflow and outflow pipe pair to the tank moving the Novec to an external radiator to exhaust heat and a second inflow and outflow pair to the condenser also to an external radiator?  Ah, found it.  One gallon offered for sale @ $379.95.

This is off topic but the Novec fluid doesn't get pumped anywhere. This video should explain it better. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ErbZtpL88

Back on topic. Bitmain, I'm ready to purchase more S5's. With the price of BTC creeping up I think it would be worthwhile.

See, I don't understand that.  If it's an enclosed system and the Novec evaporates off the ASICs dropping their temperature, that energy is in the Novec gas.  If it condenses within the enclosed container as it must or it's lost, that energy must be released.  The energy wouldn't leave the enclosed container and its temperature would build.  He says he might heat a driveway.  So, is taking the heat out via whatever fluid is circulating within the condenser enough to remove all the heat?

And the cooled condensate dripping into the lower chamber with the boiling Novec is sufficient to keep the major volume of Novec from rising to a high temperature.  I see how the cool condenser would be sufficient without a running fan to condense the Novec.  My thought was that an additional cooling of the liquid would be needed.

So, say 4 boards of an S5 cooled in this way would need a minimum of how much Novec I wonder.

vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 08:55:09 PM

And the cooled condensate dripping into the lower chamber with the boiling Novec is sufficient to keep the major volume of Novec from rising to a high temperature.  I see how the cool condenser would be sufficient without a running fan to condense the Novec.  My thought was that an additional cooling of the liquid would be needed.

So, say 4 boards of an S5 cooled in this way would need a minimum of how much Novec I wonder.

That stuff is not cheap. The equipment is more expensive to contain it. Good luck

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 12:51:59 AM

Not the most complete description but I take it there is an inflow and outflow pipe pair to the tank moving the Novec to an external radiator to exhaust heat and a second inflow and outflow pair to the condenser also to an external radiator?  Ah, found it.  One gallon offered for sale @ $379.95.

See, I don't understand that.  If it's an enclosed system and the Novec evaporates off the ASICs dropping their temperature, that energy is in the Novec gas.  If it condenses within the enclosed container as it must or it's lost, that energy must be released.  The energy wouldn't leave the enclosed container and its temperature would build.  He says he might heat a driveway.  So, is taking the heat out via whatever fluid is circulating within the condenser enough to remove all the heat?

Many advantages to Novec. No dust (can seal room), no noise, extreme density, can retrofit ANYWHERE, literally just need a room and water pipes. Works in high ambient conditions, can hook up to very cheap evaporative cooling solutions making it low power.

However, none of these help you and its not designed for small scale.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 12:52:11 AM

I had another S5 loose a blade on Sunday (2nd one that has failed in the 30 days I've had them). I tried using a different power supply and also moving the cables to the other port on the controller but it's still going all xxx's. I'm not overclocking, just running stock settings. I emailed Bitmain support but only got one response asking what kind of power supply I was using. I responded back (EVGA 750G & Corsair HX850) but heard  nothing further from them. Bitmain, can you send me an RMA number and I'll ship this back to Colorado?

Hi, we are in the same boat. 1 of my s5 blade dead in a month and promised to give shipping label to ship back. But its already 3 weeks since the promised and I never heard back from them again. I send couple email but no reply at all. BITMAIN if you read this please prosess our RMA. I Have been loyal customer since antminer S1.  Thank You

I had another one fail a few weeks ago and Bitmain Support was much more responsive then. I don't mind paying the shipping to Denver, just don't want to ship it back without an RMA number or confirmation that they will send me a replacement.

By which method did you each contact?

727miner

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 01:41:13 AM

Email to info@bitmaintech.com and pm to BitmainWarranty on here.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 03:58:20 AM

I had another S5 loose a blade on Sunday (2nd one that has failed in the 30 days I've had them). I tried using a different power supply and also moving the cables to the other port on the controller but it's still going all xxx's. I'm not overclocking, just running stock settings. I emailed Bitmain support but only got one response asking what kind of power supply I was using. I responded back (EVGA 750G & Corsair HX850) but heard  nothing further from them. Bitmain, can you send me an RMA number and I'll ship this back to Colorado?

Hi, we are in the same boat. 1 of my s5 blade dead in a month and promised to give shipping label to ship back. But its already 3 weeks since the promised and I never heard back from them again. I send couple email but no reply at all. BITMAIN if you read this please prosess our RMA. I Have been loyal customer since antminer S1.  Thank You

Thanks. I'll give the teams responsible a poke.

727miner

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 04:13:16 AM

Thanks, I did hear back from BitmainWarranty & shipped my miner back to him this afternoon.
handytxg

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 06:37:52 AM

I had another S5 loose a blade on Sunday (2nd one that has failed in the 30 days I've had them). I tried using a different power supply and also moving the cables to the other port on the controller but it's still going all xxx's. I'm not overclocking, just running stock settings. I emailed Bitmain support but only got one response asking what kind of power supply I was using. I responded back (EVGA 750G & Corsair HX850) but heard  nothing further from them. Bitmain, can you send me an RMA number and I'll ship this back to Colorado?

Hi, we are in the same boat. 1 of my s5 blade dead in a month and promised to give shipping label to ship back. But its already 3 weeks since the promised and I never heard back from them again. I send couple email but no reply at all. BITMAIN if you read this please prosess our RMA. I Have been loyal customer since antminer S1.  Thank You

Hi Dogie, can you help me too please.
here is the last email, telling me that shipping label will be generated.

SargeR33

Activity: 112

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 10:30:44 AM

I've sold one of my S3 miners, will sell my next one and a coin craft to help fund my S5. I was juggling between this and the jackson but I believe this is better on the wallet in terms of power consumption. I lost $19 AUD on my S3 miners which I ran for about 3 - 4 months but I'm not fussed, I made some bitcoin!

chiguireitor
Legendary

Activity: 872
Merit: 1010

Coins, Games & Miners

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 10:46:11 AM

I've sold one of my S3 miners, will sell my next one and a coin craft to help fund my S5. I was juggling between this and the jackson but I believe this is better on the wallet in terms of power consumption. I lost $19 AUD on my S3 miners which I ran for about 3 - 4 months but I'm not fussed, I made some bitcoin!

Hold your horses back! There's currently no way to buy either an S5 or an SP20...

soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 03:46:51 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2015, 04:22:17 PM by soy

Can recovery from a long holiday in China take more then a Monday and Tuesday?

Post-communism capitalism required a lifestyle change.  Long vacation - workers mindset shifts back to the iron ricebowl days and don't bounce back right away.
anamichii

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

Global economic crisis? i hold my bitcoin..

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 04:04:07 PM

handytxg?
your username look so familiar..
you're a kaskuser right?

-

i have same case with you, one of my antminer blade did not working, so the hashrate only 500ghs / half a normal hashrate. I also tried using a different power supply (seasonic 750, x850gold, and acbel 900w) and also moving the cables to the other port on the controller but it's still going all -----'s if i mining in ant or f2p, but if i mining in btcmp all look normally.
fortunately, the seller (kaskuser) care about that and replace me a new antminer.
asli dah bhs inggris gw kacaw Cheesy
pekatete

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 04:34:39 PM

Hold your horses back! There's currently no way to buy either an S5 or an SP20...

Bad times truly .... tried to order an Avalon 4.1 and total comes to BTC 2.14 including shipping with DHL to UK (not that there is choice of shipper either!)! What a rip-off! My S5 cost a whopping BTC 1.1 shipped (after applying voucher).

pekatete

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 04:56:52 PM

bitmaintech website is down ..... could we have some movement finally!?

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 07:11:18 PM

Bump the zendesk ticket, that date is very old.

ZymurBits

Activity: 89

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 07:11:52 PM

Let's hope so... finally!
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 07:14:39 PM

No. I asked bitmain to move onto cloudflare so everyone can can locally served rather than using CN servers. Because the name servers changed it'll take a few hours to a day for everything to propagate.

-Or, a setting is wrong while moving over.

ZymurBits

Activity: 89

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 07:20:50 PM

No. I asked bitmain to move onto cloudflare so everyone can can locally served rather than using CN servers. Because the name servers changed it'll take a few hours to a day for everything to propagate.

-Or, a setting is wrong while moving over.

Does NO mean there isn't any movement on new sales and/or product?

What happened with the movement we were supposed to see last Monday?

@Dogie - Do they plan on bringing the Bitmain site back online soon or is the holiday still going on for them. Thanks

https://bitmaintech.com/ works for me?

@Dogie - I mean in the sense that they will have miners back up for sale S5 for example. Thanks

No concrete plans yet, should get some movement on Monday.

Sure would be nice if someone from Bitmain would chime in as to the plans.  Sure would like to buy some hardware from someone!!
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: