Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:26:25 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GP] GoldPieces - An expandable digital currency for online multiplayer gaming  (Read 131269 times)
SBear

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:28:03 AM

I would just like to let the record show now that staking is working perfectly fine case.

I'm about to stake a huge chunk in about 20 minutes.

If he dumps I'll buy the whole 25 K  Grin Everything looks normal to me he needs to use coin control and group all his coins together to stake as the whole 25 K at once if this is what he wants to do. Also if it was his main mining address sometimes this can cause issues if he was mining from launch when the network was very young which is why I also recommend resetting coin-age and giving it another 24 - 48 hours.

24 hour stakes is much faster than most coins out there which is why I made HYPER that way too and it's why I like GP too. Waiting another day or two is nothing compared to some coins where you have to wait a month or more.

No it wasn't my original mining address, I created it solely to transfer the coins to.

Ok well you can try reset coin-age on the whole lot with coin control. Then they will stake as the whole 25 K which sounds like that is what you want to do? Otherwise you can also try repair wallet as someone said above and just wait another 24 hours. You should get your stake eventually.

Eventually, it should have already been staking regardless.
Until then I'll just eat the losses.

Thanks for knowing something about PoS, it's helped educate even the owner of said PoS coin.
Says a lot.

I think the dev is more focused on the infrastructure which he has already started building which I think is great.

Yes if I was you I would use coin control, send all the coins to your main address so then you have the whole 25 K staking. Unfortunately this will mean you are eating your losses as you are resetting the coin-age, but then you should find the whole 25 K staking in one chunk and as it is a very large amount it will stake how you want it to Wink It is very unlucky to get an orphan for such a large amount without staking again in the meantime, and it should have compensated by now. Resetting coin-age should fix the issue. Or you can try waiting another 24 hours you might be pleasantly surprised. If you do just wait you should earn back the stake you missed from the orphan if there isn't another rare issue causing the stopped staking.

Could be one of those unfortunate things.

I did the math: 732,361 GP * 500% = 3,661,805 GP / year.

That would be 41.66% per month, which is 305,101.5926 GP per month.
3.42% of that would be 10434.47446692 GP
10434.47446692 / 30 days = 347.815815564 per Day.

So I'll be losing close to 350 coins per day due to this.
Makes me smile on the inside, so I pray some compensation is awarded.

If if isn't compensated as you said, then what?

Well cryptocurrency is experimental software Wink IF there hasn't been some unfortunate glitch you will get your interest the next time you stake, and you will certainly hit the 500% per annum, that is how PoS works Wink So it is up to you. I would give it another 24 hours, if still not staking them reset coin-age on whole lot and start staking the whole 25 K how you want to.

What do you mean by "stake the whole 25k how you want to"?

If you use coin control and send all your coins back to your main address in once transaction then your wallet will see the whole 25 K as one chunk. At the moment they are in different chunks as you have sent them to your wallet at different times so each lot of 7000 GP is trying to stake separately.

Well based off of the 7x deposits I staked 7x Blocks.
It seems at this moment it only stakes that matured 24 Hour deposit, then it has to mature for another 24 Hours in order to stake again.

So if I do coin control and deposit 1x deposit of 25k, it will stake once then have to mature again for another 24 Hours before I can stake 25k again?

Correct. But as staking uses a lottery system, the more coins you have trying to stake at once the more chance you have of staking sooner. So it is optimal to have them all grouped as one lot with a coin that stakes every 24 hours like this one (or it should be). I am still learning how GP works myself.

So if it does stake 1 time every 24 hours per deposit, you would have to have a constant set of deposits per hour in order to stake for a full 24 hours.
Like inkha has shown in his picture, he stakes often has he has numerous GP deposits contrary to grouping into one chunk and having to wait 24 Hours for it to re-mature.
Repunza

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:28:18 AM

Looks like this coin is heading back down until some real news comes out...
HYPERfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

HYPER project manager and PR + GoldPieces [GP]

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 01:30:28 AM

I would just like to let the record show now that staking is working perfectly fine case.

If he dumps I'll buy the whole 25 K  Grin Everything looks normal to me he needs to use coin control and group all his coins together to stake as the whole 25 K at once if this is what he wants to do. Also if it was his main mining address sometimes this can cause issues if he was mining from launch when the network was very young which is why I also recommend resetting coin-age and giving it another 24 - 48 hours.

24 hour stakes is much faster than most coins out there which is why I made HYPER that way too and it's why I like GP too. Waiting another day or two is nothing compared to some coins where you have to wait a month or more.

No it wasn't my original mining address, I created it solely to transfer the coins to.

Ok well you can try reset coin-age on the whole lot with coin control. Then they will stake as the whole 25 K which sounds like that is what you want to do? Otherwise you can also try repair wallet as someone said above and just wait another 24 hours. You should get your stake eventually.

Thanks for knowing something about PoS, it's helped educate even the owner of said PoS coin.
Says a lot.

I think the dev is more focused on the infrastructure which he has already started building which I think is great.

Yes if I was you I would use coin control, send all the coins to your main address so then you have the whole 25 K staking. Unfortunately this will mean you are eating your losses as you are resetting the coin-age, but then you should find the whole 25 K staking in one chunk and as it is a very large amount it will stake how you want it to Wink It is very unlucky to get an orphan for such a large amount without staking again in the meantime, and it should have compensated by now. Resetting coin-age should fix the issue. Or you can try waiting another 24 hours you might be pleasantly surprised. If you do just wait you should earn back the stake you missed from the orphan if there isn't another rare issue causing the stopped staking.

Well cryptocurrency is experimental software Wink IF there hasn't been some unfortunate glitch you will get your interest the next time you stake, and you will certainly hit the 500% per annum, that is how PoS works Wink So it is up to you. I would give it another 24 hours, if still not staking them reset coin-age on whole lot and start staking the whole 25 K how you want to.

If you use coin control and send all your coins back to your main address in once transaction then your wallet will see the whole 25 K as one chunk. At the moment they are in different chunks as you have sent them to your wallet at different times so each lot of 7000 GP is trying to stake separately.

It seems at this moment it only stakes that matured 24 Hour deposit, then it has to mature for another 24 Hours in order to stake again.

So if I do coin control and deposit 1x deposit of 25k, it will stake once then have to mature again for another 24 Hours before I can stake 25k again?

Correct. But as staking uses a lottery system, the more coins you have trying to stake at once the more chance you have of staking sooner. So it is optimal to have them all grouped as one lot with a coin that stakes every 24 hours like this one (or it should be). I am still learning how GP works myself.

So if it does stake 1 time every 24 hours per deposit, you would have to have a constant set of deposits per hour in order to stake for a full 24 hours.
Like inkha as shown in his picture, he stakes often has he has numerous GP deposits contrary to grouping into one chunk and having to wait 24 Hours for it to re-mature.

Correct. He is staking smaller amounts. It is a matter of preference whether you want one big stake or many small stakes. As I say this is how HYPER works anyway and GP may in fact have a smaller, more optimal amount for staking at the moment I am guessing based off my experience with HYPER.

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470
SBear

Activity: 139

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:31:32 AM

Says a lot.

Like inkha as shown in his picture, he stakes often has he has numerous GP deposits contrary to grouping into one chunk and having to wait 24 Hours for it to re-mature.

Correct. He is staking smaller amounts. It is a matter of preference whether you want one big stake or many small stakes. As I say this is how HYPER works anyway and GP may in fact have a smaller, more optimal amount for staking at the moment I am guessing based off my experience with HYPER.

We'll I guess we will find out, as I'm sure inkha doesn't even know.
HYPERfuture

Activity: 686

HYPER project manager and PR + GoldPieces [GP]

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 01:44:54 AM

rebuild you're wallet!

go to %appdata% roaming/goldpieces delete everthin excapet conf and wallet.dat restart your wallet

^

I already sent my coins to the exchange and back again, regardless it will have a 24 hour maturing time.

Once we figure out the optimal staking for GP it will be happy days. Hang in there Wink

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470
Xaltotun

Activity: 371
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 02:15:02 AM

Coin control scares me.Tongue I'm at a loss when I enable that feature. What's the best way to learn more? Any risks I should be aware of?

Can't I just create a new address and send all my coins there w/o using coin control?

███████▀▄▄███████▄▄
█████▀▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
███▀▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▄▀█
██▀▄███▀██▀▀     ▀▀███▄
██ ███▀           █▄▀███
██▄███             ██▄███
███▄▀   ▄▄███████▄▄ ██ ██
▀█▀▄ ▄█████▀▀▀▀▄▄▄  ██ ██
  █▀▄██▀▀▄▄█████▀▄█▄██ ██
 █▀▄██ █▀▀     ▄██▄███▄█
██ ██ █▀▄███████▀▄███▄█
██ ███ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄███▀ ▀ ▄█
██ ███▀▀█████████▀ ▄█ ███
▀██ ██             ██ ███
█▄██▄▀█           ███ ███
██▄███▄▀▄▄     ▄ ████ ██
███▄▀▀███████▀▀▀▄███ ██
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄█▀
█████████████████▀

████▀
█  ███▀  ▀
█  ██▀  ▀
█  █▀  ▀
█  ▀  ▀
█  ▄  ▄
█  █▄  ▄
█  ██▄  ▄
█  ███▄  ▄
    ████▄
||  Ann Thread  ||  Discord  ||  Facebook  ||  Twitter  ||   Github  ||
THE FIRST PYTHON BLOCKCHAIN

▀████
▀  ▀███  █
  ▀  ▀██  █
    ▀  ▀█  █
      ▀  ▀  █
      ▄  ▄  █
    ▄  ▄█  █
  ▄  ▄██  █
▄  ▄███  █
  ▄████
toddtervy

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 02:28:00 AM

Was going to donate more coins, but it seems the donation wallet changed, so i'm not sure where to send them or how to check current balance.  Perhaps you should have 1 address for donations unless it needs to be changed and withdraw for bounties when necesary with a note on the transaction, so it looks less messy.  Then post of what each transaction was for, so we know where our donations are going.

Get off my c@ck !
candlesticks

Activity: 345

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 02:39:11 AM

rebuild you're wallet!

go to %appdata% roaming/goldpieces delete everthin excapet conf and wallet.dat restart your wallet

^

I already sent my coins to the exchange and back again, regardless it will have a 24 hour maturing time. ^_^

Should have just left them and been a little more patient, now you reset your coinage. Everything is fine.  After a block stakes it takes 24 hours until it will begin to gain "weight" again. It doesn't matter how many coins are in your wallet, only the size of the blocks will determine the weight, after that 24 hours. I've staked blocks as small as 50.

Inkha, thanks for giving me a reason to dust my miners off. I'm excited to see where you take this.

http://www.paycon.xyz/  Can you CON us? Try your luck at http://con-games.tk/con/blackjack Come chat with us on Slack
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:21:43 AM

stake 1 big input every 24 hours will get you 500% interest over the year..
stake a billion tiny inputs every 24 hours will also get you 500% interest over the year..
Wink

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
NSCrypto

Activity: 205

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:11:30 AM

rebuild you're wallet!

^

I already sent my coins to the exchange and back again, regardless it will have a 24 hour maturing time. ^_^

Should have just left them and been a little more patient, now you reset your coinage. Everything is fine.  After a block stakes it takes 24 hours until it will begin to gain "weight" again. It doesn't matter how many coins are in your wallet, only the size of the blocks will determine the weight, after that 24 hours. I've staked blocks as small as 50.

Inkha, thanks for giving me a reason to dust my miners off. I'm excited to see where you take this.

PestoQuinty

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 08:30:08 AM

stake 1 big input every 24 hours will get you 500% interest over the year..
stake a billion tiny inputs every 24 hours will also get you 500% interest over the year..
Wink

Not realy, when staking smaller inputs many times a day you get to compound your interest faster than with large blocks. (but its so small, proly doesn't matter anyway)
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 09:11:41 AM

Im keeping around 2550 coins atm.

If anyone wants to sell me some cheap coins, then PM me xD

CryptoHobo
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 09:13:34 AM

Coin control scares me.Tongue I'm at a loss when I enable that feature. What's the best way to learn more? Any risks I should be aware of?

Can't I just create a new address and send all my coins there w/o using coin control?

after clicking inputs all the coins are listed under the address that received each payment.
expand the tree too see individual payments, click the check boxes of the ones you want to send and click ok
right click the amount by after fee and copy if you want the full amount or just type an amount in as you usually would
it will only send coins from selected payments

my last 2 stakes have had really low rewards  Huh
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gp/tx.dws?038b7bbbbe64cd2791e15db8c664293a349060faeb91a2decaf39b986ff2fbf1.htm

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gp/tx.dws?e0f8ca2fbf0d853ae6e77ef6d8a218b929cece066e4b51a5cc6b18446fa687e4.htm

compared too:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gp/tx.dws?85e48c340746322b52f7f00c6654b62b9b131a38353869a180dc9e90e9d6d9de.htm

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gp/tx.dws?6cae59cae0844962ae8b9735e22481c9eb7784a7ff8953019ec4ac814c2d91f7.htm
Coinyy

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 09:49:43 AM

Isn't it like if you open your wallet and make stake, you will get like very small amount for every hours, but if you open only 1time in a week, you will get bigger chunk because all stakes adding up for those days into 1big, so it's optical illusion to someone who are getting "small" stakes even that they both are the same.
CryptoHobo
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 09:57:13 AM

Isn't it like if you open your wallet and make stake, you will get like very small amount for every hours, but if you open only 1time in a week, you will get bigger chunk because all stakes adding up for those days into 1big, so it's optical illusion to someone who are getting "small" stakes even that they both are the same.

not really minimum time to stake is 24 hours so after 24 hours shouldn't you get (amount of mature coins*5)/365 as a minimum

(528*5)/365 = 7.232......

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gp/tx.dws?038b7bbbbe64cd2791e15db8c664293a349060faeb91a2decaf39b986ff2fbf1.htm

gave 0.01...  Huh

(186*5)/365 = 2.54...

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gp/tx.dws?6cae59cae0844962ae8b9735e22481c9eb7784a7ff8953019ec4ac814c2d91f7.htm

gave 1.95....

the thing that's confusing is how 186 coins gave me almost 2 coins yet 528 gave me 0.01
inkha (OP)

Activity: 677

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 10:26:04 AM

not really minimum time to stake is 24 hours so after 24 hours shouldn't you get (amount of mature coins*5)/365 as a minimum

gave 0.01...  Huh

(186*5)/365 = 2.54...

gave 1.95....

the thing that's confusing is how 186 coins gave me almost 2 coins yet 528 gave me 0.01

My staking rewards seem to vary. Sometimes il get a lot of 0.5~ stakes, then suddenly i'l get a bunch of 2gp stakes right in a row. I think it evens itself out.

GoldPieces - An expandable digital currency to be used as an in-game currency.
NSCrypto

Activity: 205

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 11:13:07 AM

gave 0.01...  Huh

(186*5)/365 = 2.54...

gave 1.95....

Coinny correct.

You need consider coin age too

CryptoHobo
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 11:27:49 AM

gave 0.01...  Huh

(186*5)/365 = 2.54...

gave 1.95....

Coinny correct.

You need consider coin age too

i am the lower block had coin age of 2-3 days the larger block (528) had 36 hours 0.018 for 36 hours really doesn't seem right in comparison
i'm not new to pos pretty much all the coins i hold are pos coins, for example munne 3% pos 8 hours maturity gives me roughly .035 per thousand
Xaltotun

Activity: 371
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:19:51 PM

after clicking inputs all the coins are listed under the address that received each payment.
expand the tree too see individual payments, click the check boxes of the ones you want to send and click ok
right click the amount by after fee and copy if you want the full amount or just type an amount in as you usually would
it will only send coins from selected payments

my last 2 stakes have had really low rewards  Huh

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gp/tx.dws?e0f8ca2fbf0d853ae6e77ef6d8a218b929cece066e4b51a5cc6b18446fa687e4.htm

compared too:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gp/tx.dws?85e48c340746322b52f7f00c6654b62b9b131a38353869a180dc9e90e9d6d9de.htm

Thanks, was able to successfully send it all to one addresses in one chunk. We'll see how it goes.

███████▀▄▄███████▄▄
█████▀▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
███▀▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▄▀█
██▀▄███▀██▀▀     ▀▀███▄
██ ███▀           █▄▀███
██▄███             ██▄███
███▄▀   ▄▄███████▄▄ ██ ██
▀█▀▄ ▄█████▀▀▀▀▄▄▄  ██ ██
  █▀▄██▀▀▄▄█████▀▄█▄██ ██
 █▀▄██ █▀▀     ▄██▄███▄█
██ ██ █▀▄███████▀▄███▄█
██ ███ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄███▀ ▀ ▄█
██ ███▀▀█████████▀ ▄█ ███
▀██ ██             ██ ███
█▄██▄▀█           ███ ███
██▄███▄▀▄▄     ▄ ████ ██
███▄▀▀███████▀▀▀▄███ ██
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄█▀
█████████████████▀

████▀
█  ███▀  ▀
█  ██▀  ▀
█  █▀  ▀
█  ▀  ▀
█  ▄  ▄
█  █▄  ▄
█  ██▄  ▄
█  ███▄  ▄
    ████▄
||  Ann Thread  ||  Discord  ||  Facebook  ||  Twitter  ||   Github  ||
THE FIRST PYTHON BLOCKCHAIN

▀████
▀  ▀███  █
  ▀  ▀██  █
    ▀  ▀█  █
      ▀  ▀  █
      ▄  ▄  █
    ▄  ▄█  █
  ▄  ▄██  █
▄  ▄███  █
  ▄████
Klaasje
Legendary

Activity: 1080

BTC - 14ZVqS5UGqhY77d5u9aUSW24ipRJ2g9wmm

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:48:45 PM

i have 19k in wallet staking and getting about 10-12GP a day on stake.

I dont think this will compare against 500% interest a year

19,000 x 5 =95,000 / 365 =260gp a day so im about 230-240GP a day short on stake?!!

Bitcoin - 14ZVqS5UGqhY77d5u9aUSW24ipRJ2g9wmm
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 93 »
  Print  

Jump to: