Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:36:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GP] GoldPieces - An expandable digital currency for online multiplayer gaming  (Read 131269 times)
SBear

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:25:00 PM

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gp/tx.dws?693ef03de4b79743af791252d0094a3cda432ca099c3dd32824fb90359d754ca.htm
3 days age 0.59 reward 157 coins staked

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gp/tx.dws?91fe938d9b3f6581e117a066dfe2bcdf3081432b39b6ab1c0d964f536048257b.htm
36 hours age 1.6 reward 99 coins staked

Yeah thats staking properly Roll Eyes

I can't believe some of you think the rewards are right. Staking is working well, the payments are not.

Again think about it, if you open 2 bank accounts at 5% interest rate deposit $100 in one and $10000 in the other you wouldn't get more interest on the $100 would you

Hopefully the mystery behind GP staking will be solved... Tongue

Staking perfectly fine for me here still. Rewards seem to be getting a little bigger but that could just be network fluctuation

I guess you have to have the inside info to be able to get 500%, because nobody else is. People can copy and paste all the code they want,  the block explorer contains evidence showing staking at varying percentages, depending on the size of the blocks. If this is intentional, then it should be explained.

The majority of the users aren't even familiar with coin control, let alone digging through code. If this is meant to be brought to the masses, more information needs to be given, in laymen terms.

The bottom line is this coin behaves much different than other PoS coins, and there has been no rational explanation as of yet. "Just wait a month" doesn't cut it.

Whoever actually wrote this code should have knowledge to answer the questions that have been brought forth.

As I said above it is as simple as dividing your GP into the optimal amounts to stake 2.5 GP daily from ALL your GP so they are staking in separate groups. Like some other coins GP obviously has a limit on how big a group of coins can be and any coins over that limit do not stake extra which is why optimal staking will be found by grouping the GP into smaller amounts for staking purpses. If no one else does the calculation I will share my findings with the community soon when I have time. I agree the code should be updated so it stakes the correct amount whether someone is staking 100 GP or 10 000 GP but it will only take 5 minutes to separate the coins some of us are just working out the exact optimal amount.

Not sure why everyone keeps complaining when I keep posting the solution?

Because it isn't a direct solution from the developer.
Which sadly the developer cannot answer that question, as he himself doesn't have the direct answer to it.
He's even admitted himself that he's still learning about the coin.

In my opinion if you develop something you should in fact know how it functions inside and out, or so I would assume.
One fact we can at least rest with knowing is he's dedicated to the success of his pet game at this current point in time. Though I fear the issue with staking will cause most people to eventually start dumping, if they aren't doing so now.

There's too much speculation surrounding staking GP with no real direct answer from an official developer.
Until then we can rely on cumulative knowledge to help aid in the success of GP until all the kinks are worked out.

This is true I do understand it. But as you say it is also true that it seems Inkha is 100% devoted to building GP infrastructure like the pet game and other long term projects. Most devs do not get to work as quickly as he has done on his projects for this coin. It is great.

Also everyone I have staked 2.5 GP from a chunk of 100 GP I had in my wallet.

As 2.5 GP seems to be the maximum it looks like my hunch was correct and 100 GP inputs would be optimal to maximize staking Wink So divide the coins into 100 GP lots and start staking a lot more every day Wink ** This info comes with no warranty but it is my opinion from my testing **
Hope someone else can post a tutorial for those that need it to do this I am too busy right now.

I can also confirm on the 100 GP lots, I've staked multiple 1.8 to 2.3 GP rewards with it broken down, helps with staking dramatically.
Also be sure to attempt to make each 100 GP deposit on different blocks.
elektrax

Activity: 141

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:28:04 PM

This is true I do understand it. But as you say it is also true that it seems Inkha is 100% devoted to building GP infrastructure like the pet game and other long term projects. Most devs do not get to work as quickly as he has done on his projects for this coin. It is great.

As 2.5 GP seems to be the maximum it looks like my hunch was correct and 100 GP inputs would be optimal to maximize staking Wink So divide the coins into 100 GP lots and start staking a lot more every day Wink ** This info comes with no warranty but it is my opinion from my testing **
Hope someone else can post a tutorial for those that need it to do this I am too busy right now.

I think i can provide additional evidence to this.
Checking my transactions, the closer a deposit to receive-address is to 100 gp, the more often that address stakes. also, my highest stake output it 1.8 so far.
I have everything from 10 to 88 in like 30 addresses, but nothing over 88.

BTC: 1G6Fc3sWL9E9DShfitjQvP2SGXvNLbqzGz | GP: GdTPHPNRV6P49mtW6Bc8kFBvRx4oofx4eX
candlesticks

Activity: 345
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:54:53 PM

Checking my transactions, the closer a deposit to receive-address is to 100 gp, the more often that address stakes. also, my highest stake output it 1.8 so far.

I think blocks smaller than 100 may be better. Blocks of 100 would already be at the maximum stake potential, therefor the stake wouldn't be able to "grow" with age. There are only 1440 blocks per day(1 minute block times?) I think, I may be wrong. So not everybody will be able to stake all their blocks in a day. Smaller blocks is just a band-aid on a bigger issue.

FWIW I contacted the dev in private, days before posting my concerns here. My complaints aren't with the staking, they are because the dev won't respond with a rational explanation, just says everything is fine.

I was hoping for a response more like" I'm on it it, it will be fixed or explained ASAP."

http://www.paycon.xyz/  Can you CON us? Try your luck at http://con-games.tk/con/blackjack Come chat with us on Slack
proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 06:31:04 PM

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gp/tx.dws?693ef03de4b79743af791252d0094a3cda432ca099c3dd32824fb90359d754ca.htm

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gp/tx.dws?91fe938d9b3f6581e117a066dfe2bcdf3081432b39b6ab1c0d964f536048257b.htm

I can't believe some of you think the rewards are right. Staking is working well, the payments are not.

Again think about it, if you open 2 bank accounts at 5% interest rate deposit $100 in one and $10000 in the other you wouldn't get more interest on the $100 would you

Staking perfectly fine for me here still. Rewards seem to be getting a little bigger but that could just be network fluctuation

Send me a link on the chain from ANY wallet with a stake reward of over 2.5. Would love to see it.

Vegas

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gp/block.dws?15341.htm
HYPERfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

HYPER project manager and PR + GoldPieces [GP]

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 06:34:01 PM

I think blocks smaller than 100 may be better. Blocks of 100 would already be at the maximum stake potential, therefor the stake wouldn't be able to "grow" with age. There are only 1440 blocks per day(1 minute block times?) I think, I may be wrong. So not everybody will be able to stake all their blocks in a day. Smaller blocks is just a band-aid on a bigger issue.

FWIW I contacted the dev in private, days before posting my concerns here. My complaints aren't with the staking, they are because the dev won't respond with a rational explanation, just says everything is fine.

I was hoping for a response more like" I'm on it it, it will be fixed or explained ASAP."

Personally I don't mind if the inflation is lower as it means the GP we have is more valuable.

I suppose you could start staking in 50 blocks of GP but it will have a lower staking weight than 100.

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470
candlesticks

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 06:52:27 PM

Personally I don't mind if the inflation is lower as it means the GP we have is more valuable.

I suppose you could start staking in 50 blocks of GP but it will have a lower staking weight than 100.

I don't mind if inflation is lower either, just consistent between users. If some are staking at 500% and some are staking at 1%, then it creates unfair distribution. I'll stop posting for a while, this is starting to look like a FUDstorm, rather than a group of thinkers addressing a known issue. We're just beating a dead horse. There's a problem, it should be dealt with, if it isn't the market will decide whether it is more or less valuable.

My main wallet is staying closed for the time being, I'm testing another. If I have any more information, I'll post it. There is plenty of evidence already that something is wrong.

http://www.paycon.xyz/  Can you CON us? Try your luck at http://con-games.tk/con/blackjack Come chat with us on Slack
proletariat
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:13:58 PM

What I've seen so far:

Started with 500gp inputs, they staked and were split in half resulting in 250+ stake rewards, then ~125+ stake rewards and are now ~62.5 + stake rewards.

The rewards from the initial 500gp inputs were very low @ less than 1 coin - the 250 inputs yielded bigger rewards, the 125 bigger etc. - They are getting bigger with each round they stake and split.

I'm currently waiting for the (62.5 + rewards) inputs to mature.

So these 500gp inputs are being split in half after they stake, maybe in a short time they'll be so small that they'll yield a very insignificant amount and the bigger rewards will keep going for a longer period of time before eventually adding up to the 500% total.

So with the savings account example someone mentioned, it doesn't mean that your $100 deposit is giving you more interest than your $500, it means that you are getting the interest faster on the smaller account but at the end of the year the total interest will be the same 500% on your deposit.

DISCLAIMER: I'm obviously not a mathematician or coder, this are just my observations and uneducated guesses. I'm happily staking and with the above method I think my wallet is the better performer on the richlist.

HYPERfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

HYPER project manager and PR + GoldPieces [GP]

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 07:20:26 PM

What I've seen so far:

Started with 500gp inputs, they staked and were split in half resulting in 250+ stake rewards, then ~125+ stake rewards and are now ~62.5 + stake rewards.

The rewards from the initial 500gp inputs were very low @ less than 1 coin - the 250 inputs yielded bigger rewards, the 125 bigger etc. - They are getting bigger with each round they stake and split.

I'm currently waiting for the (62.5 + rewards) inputs to mature.

So these 500gp inputs are being split in half after they stake, maybe in a short time they'll be so small that they'll yield a very insignificant amount and the bigger rewards will keep going for a longer period of time before eventually adding up to the 500% total.

So with the savings account example someone mentioned, it doesn't mean that your $100 deposit is giving you more interest than your $500, it means that you are getting the interest faster on the smaller account but at the end of the year the total interest will be the same 500% on your deposit.

DISCLAIMER: I'm obviously not a mathematician or coder, this are just my observations and uneducated guesses. I'm happily staking and with the above method I think my wallet is the better performer on the richlist.

That's true when the inputs split in half then they are staking as two small inputs after that. Doing that every day will mean it won't be long until even a large GP wallet has divided down. Maybe the dev is right after all I'm going to take the patient approach and see how it rolls over the next 2 weeks. About half of my wallet is in large groups and half in small groups.

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470
proletariat
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:29:02 PM

This is mine BTW https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gp/address.dws?15116.htm
#8 on the richlist, compare the stake rewards to the higher ranking addresses - she's flying! compared to the other wallets.
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:44:32 PM

Can someone add me on skype and guide me on how to split the blocks???

proletariat
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:59:01 PM

To start with a clean address do this:

• Create a new receiving address.
  • Go to settings/options/Display tab
  • Check "Display coin control features (experts only)
  • Click OK
  • Click "send coins button"
  • Click "inputs button"
  • select the "list mode" radio button"
  • Sort by Amount
  • check the bigger inputs you want to split
  • Click OK
  • paste your newly created receving address
  • send the coin amount at the desired size input you want ie: 200 or 100 etc

repeat this:

• Click "inputs button"
  • Sort by Amount
  • Click OK

The transaction should appear as "payment to yourself" do a test tx first. Keep your newly created address on your clipboard to make it more practical cause it can be tedious

Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 08:03:49 PM

To start with a clean address do this:

• Create a new receiving address.
  • Go to settings/options/Display tab
  • Check "Display coin control features (experts only)
  • Click OK
  • Click "send coins button"
  • Click "inputs button"
  • Sort by Amount
  • Click OK

repeat this:

• Click "inputs button"
  • Sort by Amount
  • Click OK

The transaction should appear as "payment to yourself" do a test tx first. Keep your newly created address on your clipboard to make it more practical cause it can be tedious

Can I just click add payment below and do multiple after eachother?

proletariat
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 08:10:20 PM

Can I just click add payment below and do multiple after eachother?

eh.. you got me there Sad  try it and if it works please don't tell me cause it'll make me feel like an idiot  Cheesy
CryptoHobo
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 08:57:59 PM

That's true when the inputs split in half then they are staking as two small inputs after that. Doing that every day will mean it won't be long until even a large GP wallet has divided down. Maybe the dev is right after all I'm going to take the patient approach and see how it rolls over the next 2 weeks. About half of my wallet is in large groups and half in small groups.

until your wallet groups those smaller chunks into one block like this:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gp/tx.dws?39bba491d727a4398ee441cdc9adf1a636d6086b90421de269fb5bed7a340b88.htm

the only way to get a decent stake atm would be to split your coins among multiple addresses as stated above else they'll just group back together

the savings account example is valid, pos rewards should be consistent they should not decrease with coin age and amount of coins

toddtervy

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 10:08:08 PM

Then if the dev doesnt know, there are LOADS of devs out there than he can hire for a short time, and a small fee to fix this code. Just leaving it like this will destroy the coins value.

Vegas

This might be a good solution.  The conversion rate for uGP is wrong in the Halhan game.  Now the conversion is pretty simple to do, and I saw someone mention it a few times. If you can code all that stuff how hard is simple conversion rate, so i'm not sure if he just did it wrong on purpose or what?

Get off my c@ck !
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:36:25 AM

Send me a link on the chain from ANY wallet with a stake reward of over 2.5. Would love to see it.

Vegas

Thank you for proving my point. NOT 1 OF THOSE TRANSACTIONS EXCEEDED 2.5 COIN BLOCK REWARD

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
proletariat
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:39:40 AM

Vegas

Thank you for proving my point. NOT 1 OF THOSE TRANSACTIONS EXCEEDED 2.5 COIN BLOCK REWARD

hmm, sorry got confused with "Created   2.5017395 GP "
NSCrypto

Activity: 205

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:50:06 AM

Sound like josh garza  Grin

candlesticks

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:14:38 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2015, 05:14:05 AM by candlesticks

Sound like josh garza  Grin

Do you serve any purpose, or are you only good for smug comments and emoticons? Grin Shocked Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Kiss

NSCrypto

Activity: 205

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 05:17:31 AM

Sound like josh garza  Grin

Do you serve any purpose, or are you only good for smug comments and emoticons? Grin Shocked Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Kiss

taking out your frustration on me now? lulz

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 93 »
  Print  

Jump to: