Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:26:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 157 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin debit card  (Read 293829 times)
mlmdaily

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 07:27:27 PM

1. whether the card can be shipped to one address, after I received the card, can I change my address and verify the card ?
2. Whether the name can be changed?
3. can I order ten cards at the same time, and associate each card to different accounts?
4. Can I open multiple accounts by the same name? and same shipping address?
5. I found the site https://www.e-coin.io/, when I log in, I can deposit BTC, but whether I can withdraw my BTC to another wallet address? or I must withdraw in cash? Can I do trading?
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gosha@e-coin (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 09:44:24 PM

1. whether the card can be shipped to one address, after I received the card, can I change my address and verify the card ?
2. Whether the name can be changed?
3. can I order ten cards at the same time, and associate each card to different accounts?
4. Can I open multiple accounts by the same name? and same shipping address?
5. I found the site https://www.e-coin.io/, when I log in, I can deposit BTC, but whether I can withdraw my BTC to another wallet address? or I must withdraw in cash? Can I do trading?

1 and 2 - why would you need to do that?
3 - at the moment one card per account. In theory you could create several accounts and order several cards, but later on you may run into difficulties trying to verify your account / address / identity if you want to increase the card limits.
4 - same as 3
5 - that is our website, correct. Yes, you can transfer BTC to another wallet. If you want to load your debit card, then the BTC is converted into USD (other currencies to follow later)

███████████████████████████
██    ▀█████████████▀    ██
██      ▀████▀████▀      ██
███▄    ▄██▀   ▀██▄    ▄███
█████▄▄██▀  ▄▄▄  ▀██▄▄█████
███████▀    ███    ▀███████
██████               ██████
███████▄    ███    ▄███████
████▀ ▀██▄  ▀▀▀  ▄██▀ ▀████
████▀   ▀██▄   ▄██▀   ▀████
██▀   ▄▄ ▄███▄███▄ ▄▄   ▀██
██▄ ▄█████████████████▄ ▄██
..Duelbits..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██ ▄▄▄▄ ███████████ ▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █ ▄▄▄▄ ███████ ▄▄▄▄ █ ██
██ ▀ █ ▄▄▄▄ ███ ▄▄▄▄ █ ▀ ██
████ ▀ █  █ ███ █  █ ▀ ████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ███ ▀▀▀▀ ██████
██▄ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▄██
██▄██████▌▐▀▄▀▄▀▌▐██████▄██
██▀▀▀████ █▄▀▄▀▄█ ████▀▀▀██
█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄█████
███████▌▐█████████▌▐███████
██▄▄▄▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▄▄██
█████████████████▀██ ██▀███
██████████████████▄███▄████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██
██ ██████ ▐█████▌ █ ██ █ ██
██ █▀▄▄▀█ ▐▀▄▄▄▀▌ ██▄▄██ ██
██ █▄▀▀▄█ ▐▄▀▀▀▄▌ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██
██ ██████ ▐█████▌ ██████ ██
██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███████████
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█ ███████████
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ █▀▄▀███████ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ██▄████████ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ████▀▄▀████ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ███ ███ ███ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ████▄▀▄████ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ ████████▀██ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ ███████▄▀▄█ ██
██▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
█████▀▄▄███████████▄▄▀█████
████ █████████████████ ████
███ ███████████████████ ███
██ █████████████████████ ██
██ ████████████   ██████ ██
███ ███████████   █████ ███
█████▄▀▀███████████▀▀▄█████
████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
██ ▄▄▄▀▀███████████▀▀▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▄▀███████▀▄█████ ██
███▄▀█████▄▀███▀▄█████▀▄███
█████▄▀█████▄▀██████▀▄█████
███████▄▀█████▄▀██▀▄███████
█████████▄▀█████▄▀█████████
███▀▄▄▀▀▄██▄▀█████▄▀▀▄▀████
████ ██▄▀████▄▀███▀▄██ ████
████▀▄███▄▀▄███▄▀▄███▄▀████
██▀▄██▀▄▀▀█ ███ █▀▀▄▀██▄▀██
███▄▀▄████▄█████▄████▄▀▄███
LIVE SHOWS
SLOTS
BLACKJACK
  ROULETTE
  DUELS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CASHBACK
██&██
RAKEBACK
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
...Register Now...
fenghush

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 09:54:43 PM

I'll entertain you for $1, my only concern is if this service will suddenly disappear. It sounds like you're loading the cards with flat from a reserve rather than selling the bitcoins the clients sent on an exchange, then withdraw and then load it to the card as that will take a few days, and holding the bitcoins to later refill the flat reserve. So in theory, at some point, you can just stop honouring BTC deposits and blame your bank.
Do we get an IBAN to load the card with bank wire?

I just requested an invite.

gosha@e-coin (OP)

Activity: 938

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 11:10:00 PM

I'll entertain you for $1, my only concern is if this service will suddenly disappear. It sounds like you're loading the cards with flat from a reserve rather than selling the bitcoins the clients sent on an exchange, then withdraw and then load it to the card as that will take a few days, and holding the bitcoins to later refill the flat reserve. So in theory, at some point, you can just stop honouring BTC deposits and blame your bank.

In pure theory, any service can suddenly disappear, so, totally see your point about trust. We will have to earn it, which is, of course, easier said than done. The way we see it, is by talking to the community, caring for the customers, being willing to help, being as open as we can be (only not disclosing the commercially sensitive information), nurturing your feedback, acting on your criticism and by sticking around. If you can think of anything else which could make you or other users feel more secure - very happy to discuss.

Your understanding is correct in principle. In future there will be no need to physically deposit your BTC into the card, the conversion will take place automatically. And the best part it that the card will be multi currency, which means whatever fiat currency you spend, conversions will be done at interbank rate (no bank conversion fees).

Could you go into a bit more detail on why you may want/need to load the card via bank wire?

The beta activation code will be sent to you shortly.

Thank you for your trust and would appreciate your candid feedback here once you have tried the service!

██    ▀█████████████▀    ██
██      ▀████▀████▀      ██
███▄    ▄██▀   ▀██▄    ▄███
█████▄▄██▀  ▄▄▄  ▀██▄▄█████
███████▀    ███    ▀███████
██████               ██████
███████▄    ███    ▄███████
████▀ ▀██▄  ▀▀▀  ▄██▀ ▀████
████▀   ▀██▄   ▄██▀   ▀████
██▀   ▄▄ ▄███▄███▄ ▄▄   ▀██
██▄ ▄█████████████████▄ ▄██
..Duelbits..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██ ▄▄▄▄ ███████████ ▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █ ▄▄▄▄ ███████ ▄▄▄▄ █ ██
██ ▀ █ ▄▄▄▄ ███ ▄▄▄▄ █ ▀ ██
████ ▀ █  █ ███ █  █ ▀ ████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ███ ▀▀▀▀ ██████
██▄ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▄██
██▄██████▌▐▀▄▀▄▀▌▐██████▄██
██▀▀▀████ █▄▀▄▀▄█ ████▀▀▀██
█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄█████
███████▌▐█████████▌▐███████
██▄▄▄▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▄▄██
█████████████████▀██ ██▀███
██████████████████▄███▄████
██ ██████ ▐█████▌ █ ██ █ ██
██ █▀▄▄▀█ ▐▀▄▄▄▀▌ ██▄▄██ ██
██ █▄▀▀▄█ ▐▄▀▀▀▄▌ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██
██ ██████ ▐█████▌ ██████ ██
██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███████████
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█ ███████████
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ █▀▄▀███████ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ██▄████████ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ████▀▄▀████ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ███ ███ ███ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ████▄▀▄████ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ ████████▀██ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ ███████▄▀▄█ ██
██▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
█████▀▄▄███████████▄▄▀█████
███ ███████████████████ ███
██ ████████████   ██████ ██
███ ███████████   █████ ███
█████▄▀▀███████████▀▀▄█████
████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
██ ▄▄▄▀▀███████████▀▀▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▄▀███████▀▄█████ ██
███▄▀█████▄▀███▀▄█████▀▄███
█████▄▀█████▄▀██████▀▄█████
███████▄▀█████▄▀██▀▄███████
█████████▄▀█████▄▀█████████
███▀▄▄▀▀▄██▄▀█████▄▀▀▄▀████
████ ██▄▀████▄▀███▀▄██ ████
████▀▄███▄▀▄███▄▀▄███▄▀████
██▀▄██▀▄▀▀█ ███ █▀▀▄▀██▄▀██
███▄▀▄████▄█████▄████▄▀▄███
LIVE SHOWS
SLOTS
BLACKJACK
  ROULETTE
  DUELS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CASHBACK
██&██
RAKEBACK
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
...Register Now...
fenghush

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 11:21:05 PM

Thanks, I got the invite and I signed up, just curious if I need to fund my account for $1 before I request the card?

No particular reason about IBAN other than to know if each card acts as an individual account rather than being bundled under one company.

In pure theory, any service can suddenly disappear, so, totally see your point about trust. We will have to earn it, which is, of course, easier said than done. The way we see it, is by talking to the community, caring for the customers, being willing to help, being as open as we can be (only not disclosing the commercially sensitive information), nurturing your feedback, acting on your criticism and by sticking around. If you can think of anything else which could make you or other users feel more secure - very happy to discuss.

Your understanding is correct in principle. In future there will be no need to physically deposit your BTC into the card, the conversion will take place automatically. And the best part it that the card will be multi currency, which means whatever fiat currency you spend, conversions will be done at interbank rate (no bank conversion fees).

Could you go into a bit more detail on why you may want/need to load the card via bank wire?

The beta activation code will be sent to you shortly.

Thank you for your trust and would appreciate your candid feedback here once you have tried the service!

mlmdaily

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 11:24:24 PM

I logged in the account but I did not find the button to withdraw BTC to another wallet address, I found only to withdraw to the card, also, no button for trading?
fenghush

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 11:44:06 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2015, 12:01:12 AM by fenghush

I logged in the account but I did not find the button to withdraw BTC to another wallet address, I found only to withdraw to the card, also, no button for trading?

I believe that's under the 'Transfers' menu link

BTW I think the logout timeout is a bit too fast, i use pretty long passwords and it's a bit of a PITA while waiting for transfers. I know this is for security reasons, but I'm more than capable to click the logout button if I leave my computer unattended.

DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 04:05:58 AM

BTW I think the logout timeout is a bit too fast, i use pretty long passwords and it's a bit of a PITA while waiting for transfers. I know this is for security reasons, but I'm more than capable to click the logout button if I leave my computer unattended.

lol i know it seems like logs out in like 5 minutes they should add option where people can determine how long each session last and for those who want take out money can have like text sms or code sent to email for taking out money

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
fenghush

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:09:01 AM

Anyway, I ordered my card, and the status is 'Requested' will post updates once it is shipped and delivered along with the whole experience of loading the card.

pmatveev

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 09:17:51 AM

I realize this is pretty much beta, so Im gonna post every minor issue I encounter.

First of all, it seems you require 3 confirmations ? It might be a good idea to show unconfirmed transactions, just not allow selling/transferring them. I would also suggest you make the number of requires confirmations dependent on the amount. Id accept zero or 1 confirmations for tiny amounts, and require more for larger transactions.

Secondly, very minor issue, but when the account page loads, it shows zero balance. After a second or two it updates to the correct amount, but I can imagine some people getting a shock if they expected to see a significant amount and get shown zero.

Next, I tried withdrawing my BTC to my card, I put the entire balance as amount (all of 0.1 BTC, taking a huge leap of faith here Smiley ), but it failed because I didnt have enough funds. Thats because you deduct the fees after the transaction/conversion. That makes it almost impossible to withdraw the entire balance. Just deduct the fees before the conversion, so I end up with less $ on the card, but with the entire amount of BTC I intended to withdraw.

So I tried again with a smaller amount (0.095 btc), and then I got an error when I clicked to confirm: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.". Clicking "confirm" a second time made it accept.

I instantly got an email stating the loading was completed. Is it really that fast? If I where doing this in front of an ATM, would I be able to withdraw the money literally seconds after withdrawing my btc on your site?

Anyway, now off to search something to spend my $20 on to see if the card actually works Smiley

just to let you know that we've implemented all your suggestions

1) we currently show unconfirmed transactions (they have pending status)
2) we require different number of confirmations for different amounts (6 is max - for bigger amounts)
3) fixed 0 balance during page loading
4) if users try to withdraw more than they have on their accounts, we adjust amount and show notifications that amount was adjusted

thanks again for your feedback

www.e-coin.io - Bitcoin Debit Card
pmatveev

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 09:19:43 AM

lol i know it seems like logs out in like 5 minutes they should add option where people can determine how long each session last and for those who want take out money can have like text sms or code sent to email for taking out money

we've increased log out timeout for 15 mins now.
it's a good idea to make it configurable, will definitely  add this feature

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 10:22:52 AM

1) we currently show unconfirmed transactions (they have pending status)
2) we require different number of confirmations for different amounts (6 is max - for bigger amounts)
3) fixed 0 balance during page loading
4) if users try to withdraw more than they have on their accounts, we adjust amount and show notifications that amount was adjusted

thanks again for your feedback

Excellent 

Now waiting for price to pick up :p.
fenghush

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:01:03 AM

We have some wonderful news for you...
Your E-Card status has been updated to SHIPPED

That was really fast, very impressed.

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 08:22:13 PM

we've increased log out timeout for 15 mins now.
it's a good idea to make it configurable, will definitely  add this feature

sweet good start now we need to get the cards to the USA lol and i think we will be on the right track, is anyone here know of any canadian mail fowarding service where i can send my card to and they can ship it to me in the usa lol

Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 09:47:42 AM

Im having trouble logging in. It tells me "Verification code is invalid" after entering my email/pw. I think that relates to 2F which I enabled, but Im not getting a chance to enter my 2F code. I tried resetting my password, but the problem remains.
Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 01:45:46 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2015, 02:00:30 PM by Puppet

Log in problem is solved, but now withdrawing seems broken. I can enter any bitcoin or any dollar amount, but it doesnt calculate the conversion or total and I cant proceed to "review transaction".  Both fields show "required"

oh, and I tried disabling 2F and got greeted by "No HTTP resource was found that matches the request URI 'https://api.e-coin.io/api/twoFactorAuthentication/deactivateTwoFactorAuthentication/'."
disabling did work though
pmatveev

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 03:23:03 PM

Log in problem is solved, but now withdrawing seems broken. I can enter any bitcoin or any dollar amount, but it doesnt calculate the conversion or total and I cant proceed to "review transaction".  Both fields show "required"

oh, and I tried disabling 2F and got greeted by "No HTTP resource was found that matches the request URI 'https://api.e-coin.io/api/twoFactorAuthentication/deactivateTwoFactorAuthentication/'."
disabling did work though

Should be fine now

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 03:44:17 PM

Im having trouble logging in. It tells me "Verification code is invalid" after entering my email/pw. I think that relates to 2F which I enabled, but Im not getting a chance to enter my 2F code. I tried resetting my password, but the problem remains.

keep us updated on the the progress for this card is going and also if your conversion issue has been fixed, any other information on wait times, fees, activation process will be good as well and how easy it is to us in real life every day shopping / spending

Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 04:43:30 PM

Withdrawing is more or less fixed. I did manage, but not without errors.

First when logging in, it told me I logged in successfully but was stuck at the login page. None of the links worked. Only reloading the page showed me my account page.

When withdrawing, the first time I again got an error message, "Communication error, please try again". Second time it worked.

Im guessing both errors are related and due to a slow backend server, as the whole site tends to be sluggish. Which shouldnt be when Im guessing Im about the only person using (and testing) it atm.

Still, I do appreciate the fixes are quick and understand this service is still in beta.

Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 04:47:52 PM

keep us updated on the the progress for this card is going and also if your conversion issue has been fixed, any other information on wait times, fees, activation process will be good as well and how easy it is to us in real life every day shopping / spending

The issues I reported with the site earlier where indeed fixed. Activation is easy as can be (just enter last 4 digits of your card, thats it).
Ive not made a lot of purchases with the card yet, but its a visa card, and such will work pretty much anywhere visa debit cards are accepted. Still havent requested a pin, may do that next week.

Fees are as explained on the site, quite low IMO. Of course its a dollar card so I probably incur relatively high conversion fees when buying euro stuff, but thats not their fault, and should be fixed when euro cards become available.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 157 »
  Print  

Jump to: