Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:48:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 157 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin debit card  (Read 293829 times)
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 06:00:42 PM

When I pay with debit card at store (Purchase Transaction listed as free) do I still get 3% Foreign Transaction Fee since card I ordered is in euro, and my domestic currency is not? On Xapo it is listed that you pay 3% fee (I presume Visa takes it for conversion). Since on Xapo it is such a case, it must be here too. Or I am wrong, and fee is free even it is not in euro?

Since the 3% takes the VISA then this fee is applied here too.
Recently i see that the virtual card now cost 3$, and don't forget to check the promotion.
Also when you convert your bitcoin to fiat money in the card, you can not buy back bitcoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kobaya74

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 10:16:22 PM

I guess that 3% would be nice to update in fees.
pmatveev

Activity: 184

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 07:19:01 AM

When I pay with debit card at store (Purchase Transaction listed as free) do I still get 3% Foreign Transaction Fee since card I ordered is in euro, and my domestic currency is not? On Xapo it is listed that you pay 3% fee (I presume Visa takes it for conversion). Since on Xapo it is such a case, it must be here too. Or I am wrong, and fee is free even it is not in euro?

Recently i see that the virtual card now cost 3$, and don't forget to check the promotion.
Also when you convert your bitcoin to fiat money in the card, you can not buy back bitcoins.

we are working on buy-back function at the moment, so should be available quite soon

www.e-coin.io - Bitcoin Debit Card
gosha@e-coin (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 09:36:43 AM

how much the minimum budjet using this to verified the paypal??
and how to have debit.? what do i do?

I think PayPal takes $3. I've found the card doesn't allow you to spend the amount listed usually I find when I want to do a - for example - $60 transaction with $70 in the card it won't let me, but with a $35 transaction it's okay.

The minimum load is $10 and that's more than enough for the $3 verification fee (which is returned to you via PayPal balance after the card is verified, I think).

we will be adding the option to order a pre-loaded card (mostly aimed at folks having troubles getting hold of Bitcoin and just looking to use the cards for PayPal)

███████████████████████████
██    ▀█████████████▀    ██
██      ▀████▀████▀      ██
███▄    ▄██▀   ▀██▄    ▄███
█████▄▄██▀  ▄▄▄  ▀██▄▄█████
███████▀    ███    ▀███████
██████               ██████
███████▄    ███    ▄███████
████▀ ▀██▄  ▀▀▀  ▄██▀ ▀████
████▀   ▀██▄   ▄██▀   ▀████
██▀   ▄▄ ▄███▄███▄ ▄▄   ▀██
██▄ ▄█████████████████▄ ▄██
..Duelbits..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██ ▄▄▄▄ ███████████ ▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █ ▄▄▄▄ ███████ ▄▄▄▄ █ ██
██ ▀ █ ▄▄▄▄ ███ ▄▄▄▄ █ ▀ ██
████ ▀ █  █ ███ █  █ ▀ ████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ███ ▀▀▀▀ ██████
██▄ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▄██
██▄██████▌▐▀▄▀▄▀▌▐██████▄██
██▀▀▀████ █▄▀▄▀▄█ ████▀▀▀██
█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄█████
███████▌▐█████████▌▐███████
██▄▄▄▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▄▄██
█████████████████▀██ ██▀███
██████████████████▄███▄████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██
██ ██████ ▐█████▌ █ ██ █ ██
██ █▀▄▄▀█ ▐▀▄▄▄▀▌ ██▄▄██ ██
██ █▄▀▀▄█ ▐▄▀▀▀▄▌ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██
██ ██████ ▐█████▌ ██████ ██
██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███████████
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█ ███████████
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ █▀▄▀███████ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ██▄████████ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ████▀▄▀████ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ███ ███ ███ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ████▄▀▄████ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ ████████▀██ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ ███████▄▀▄█ ██
██▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
█████▀▄▄███████████▄▄▀█████
████ █████████████████ ████
███ ███████████████████ ███
██ █████████████████████ ██
██ ████████████   ██████ ██
███ ███████████   █████ ███
█████▄▀▀███████████▀▀▄█████
████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
██ ▄▄▄▀▀███████████▀▀▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▄▀███████▀▄█████ ██
███▄▀█████▄▀███▀▄█████▀▄███
█████▄▀█████▄▀██████▀▄█████
███████▄▀█████▄▀██▀▄███████
█████████▄▀█████▄▀█████████
███▀▄▄▀▀▄██▄▀█████▄▀▀▄▀████
████ ██▄▀████▄▀███▀▄██ ████
████▀▄███▄▀▄███▄▀▄███▄▀████
██▀▄██▀▄▀▀█ ███ █▀▀▄▀██▄▀██
███▄▀▄████▄█████▄████▄▀▄███
LIVE SHOWS
SLOTS
BLACKJACK
  ROULETTE
  DUELS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CASHBACK
██&██
RAKEBACK
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
...Register Now...
gosha@e-coin (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 09:38:25 AM

I guess that 3% would be nice to update in fees.

It's there: https://www.e-coin.io/bitcoin-debit-card-fees-and-limits

And has always been there in one form or another

And, as mentioned above, it's a VISA's charge, pretty standard for any card out there

..Duelbits..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
LIVE SHOWS
SLOTS
BLACKJACK
  ROULETTE
  DUELS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CASHBACK
██&██
RAKEBACK
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
...Register Now...
lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 12:47:38 PM

we are working on buy-back function at the moment, so should be available quite soon

I don't understand this "ATM Transaction Domestic and International"
To which country are you referring domestic to? To the shipped country or the country that issues the debit card?
Monthly SMS notification fee (not optional) - We want it or not 1€ will be deducted from our balance right?
kobaya74

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 10:54:10 AM

To which country are you referring domestic to? To the shipped country or the country that issues the debit card?
Monthly SMS notification fee (not optional) - We want it or not 1€ will be deducted from our balance right?

ATM domestic is when you have euro card and do withdraw in euro. Same is for GBP and USD. If you do withdrawal in any currency that is not main on your card, you are doing international. It is the same with Visa and Master, debit or credit.
As for SMS fee, it is for your security. Better to pay 1 euro SMS fee, thing I could actually use, than to pay inactivity fee. Or yearly fee. see on https://support.xapo.com/what-fees-are-associated-with-the-xapo-debit-card . It is better expained there, but fees are the same (Visa is Visa, e-coin or Xappo, doesn't matter). They charge annual fee, e-coin sms fee... Some other charge incativity fee 1E... All in all, what you have to pay you have to pay. I consider only e-coin or xappo, not considering shady ones with "free everything, just join, we are not scam". Nothing is free when it comes to VISA/Master land.
maccd123

Activity: 223

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 11:03:57 AM

On your web page it says that fee for virtual card is 0, virtual card is free. When I try to get virtual card I am charged 3 $. Please correct this, and I hope there are no some additional fees on purchases.

well spotted.
It was free for the duration of the promotional period, which is now over.
Will update the page shortly...

The same happened to me. It says free and when i try to get it it charges me $3. That is false advertising.
lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 11:05:25 AM

ATM domestic is when you have euro card and do withdraw in euro. Same is for GBP and USD. If you do withdrawal in any currency that is not main on your card, you are doing international. It is the same with Visa and Master, debit or credit.
As for SMS fee, it is for your security. Better to pay 1 euro SMS fee, thing I could actually use, than to pay inactivity fee. Or yearly fee. see on https://support.xapo.com/what-fees-are-associated-with-the-xapo-debit-card . It is better expained there, but fees are the same (Visa is Visa, e-coin or Xappo, doesn't matter). They charge annual fee, e-coin sms fee... Some other charge incativity fee 1E... All in all, what you have to pay you have to pay. I consider only e-coin or xappo, not considering shady ones with "free everything, just join, we are not scam". Nothing is free when it comes to VISA/Master land.

Thanks for explaining this, very helpful, got it.
In general it mean that it is e-coin fee, but just mentioned as SMS fee, if i don't use the debit card let's say for 2 months, there will be no sms, but i still have to pay the fee. Soon i will get one debit card just waiting if i win in the e-coin promotion.
kobaya74

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 11:10:32 AM

I think PayPal takes $3. I've found the card doesn't allow you to spend the amount listed usually I find when I want to do a - for example - $60 transaction with $70 in the card it won't let me, but with a $35 transaction it's okay.

The minimum load is $10 and that's more than enough for the $3 verification fee (which is returned to you via PayPal balance after the card is verified, I think).

we will be adding the option to order a pre-loaded card (mostly aimed at folks having troubles getting hold of Bitcoin and just looking to use the cards for PayPal)

I am pretty sure you are aware if you do that, you risk paypal mark accounts verified with this cards as shady. While they can't forbid use of card since they can't forbid Visa nor Master, they can mark accounts as shady and not let you spend any PP balance from it. Or let it spend in big confirmed stores. That is the price you pay when some VCCs are too often used to verify PP accounts which later gets limited. Since my psychical card seems to be lost in mail, I will wait a little bit more, and order virtual (was not an option when I was ordering). I would attach it to my already verified PP, but use it  sometimes for purchases instead of my actual Visa attached to my PP. I would like virtual cards not having a preload option. That will discourage Pakistani/Chinese sellers of VCC to use them. All of you know Vietnamese VCCs you can buy for 5-15$ and verify PP. They do work, but flag account for long time. I would be happy e-coin cards stay on course where their VCCs will be used for PP verification from people that actually need them, and not massively bought by shady dealers. This are just my two cents though...
smith coins

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 11:11:12 AM

On your web page it says that fee for virtual card is 0, virtual card is free. When I try to get virtual card I am charged 3 $. Please correct this, and I hope there are no some additional fees on purchases.

well spotted.

The same happened to me. It says free and when i try to get it it charges me $3. That is false advertising.

Have you checked the fees? Check here https://www.e-coin.io/bitcoin-debit-card-fees-and-limits
pmatveev

Activity: 184

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 11:19:47 AM

well spotted.

https://www.e-coin.io/bitcoin-debit-card-fees-and-limits

virtual card is $3

www.e-coin.io - Bitcoin Debit Card
tmltd

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 07:07:49 PM

The SMS notification is awesome for security and also you know on the go the CC balance after a transaction. I love this feature. I helps me when i travel and the SMS app acts like a CC ledger.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ Cloudmining 101: how to avoid scams / ponzis  ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
####### Never ever invest more than you can afford to lose #######
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 09:16:03 PM

Virtual card will be useful in the future. I primarily do online transactions so having this option instead of paying an additional $14 is nice.

gosha@e-coin (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 04:16:31 AM

the monthly fee is only charged for the months when you use the card. If no transactions are made in a particular month, there is no charge. No inactivity fees either.

..Duelbits..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
LIVE SHOWS
SLOTS
BLACKJACK
  ROULETTE
  DUELS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CASHBACK
██&██
RAKEBACK
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
...Register Now...
gosha@e-coin (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 04:18:26 AM

as of yesterday, you can order a virtual card with pre-loaded balance (that's in case you don't know what Bitcoin is or don't use it)

..Duelbits..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
LIVE SHOWS
SLOTS
BLACKJACK
  ROULETTE
  DUELS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CASHBACK
██&██
RAKEBACK
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
...Register Now...
gosha@e-coin (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 04:19:21 AM

well spotted.

It was free for a limited time, not sure why you call it false advertising, it wasn't even advertised as such..

..Duelbits..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
LIVE SHOWS
SLOTS
BLACKJACK
  ROULETTE
  DUELS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CASHBACK
██&██
RAKEBACK
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
...Register Now...
gosha@e-coin (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 04:21:27 AM

Thanks for explaining this, very helpful, got it.
In general it mean that it is e-coin fee, but just mentioned as SMS fee, if i don't use the debit card let's say for 2 months, there will be no sms, but i still have to pay the fee. Soon i will get one debit card just waiting if i win in the e-coin promotion.

if you don't use the card, no monthly fee for such months.
In fact, we want to convince the bank to waive the monthly fee completely, but need to gain some more traction - the more cards issued, the higher the chances that we can get them to remove the fee

..Duelbits..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
LIVE SHOWS
SLOTS
BLACKJACK
  ROULETTE
  DUELS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CASHBACK
██&██
RAKEBACK
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
...Register Now...
gosha@e-coin (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 04:24:40 AM

I am pretty sure you are aware if you do that, you risk paypal mark accounts verified with this cards as shady. While they can't forbid use of card since they can't forbid Visa nor Master, they can mark accounts as shady and not let you spend any PP balance from it. Or let it spend in big confirmed stores. That is the price you pay when some VCCs are too often used to verify PP accounts which later gets limited. Since my psychical card seems to be lost in mail, I will wait a little bit more, and order virtual (was not an option when I was ordering). I would attach it to my already verified PP, but use it  sometimes for purchases instead of my actual Visa attached to my PP. I would like virtual cards not having a preload option. That will discourage Pakistani/Chinese sellers of VCC to use them. All of you know Vietnamese VCCs you can buy for 5-15$ and verify PP. They do work, but flag account for long time. I would be happy e-coin cards stay on course where their VCCs will be used for PP verification from people that actually need them, and not massively bought by shady dealers. This are just my two cents though...

these are very valid points, mate, thanks for sharing.
Is there a reason PP would treat plastic and virtual cards differently?

..Duelbits..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
LIVE SHOWS
SLOTS
BLACKJACK
  ROULETTE
  DUELS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CASHBACK
██&██
RAKEBACK
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
...Register Now...
kobaya74

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 08:56:03 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2015, 09:42:03 AM by kobaya74

Yes. Plastic is harder and more expensive to get with false address. You have to pay DHL for fake address if you want to be sure you will get card. You have to by a burner phone and SIM, to try to make false signature... Not so easy as loging to VPN and buying VCC using fakenamegenerator Smiley.
But, that is not a point here. A point is, if ever your VCC get on PP flaglist, same will happen to CC. They do not care if that is VCC or CC. They even can't see the difference, because bank won't tell them. So, they flag particular BINs from particular banks. And they never tell you "you know, you are using shady CC or VCC". No. They only put a watch on your account, that's it. If you are regular customer, no problem. But, you have to understand, even as a regular customer, you get some limitations on flagged accounts. You can't use your balance as you want to. You have to pay smaller portions if it is bigger payment (no rule, their system decides what is that amount). You have a cooldown on some payments. If you want to buy bitcoins over virwox, they let you make a small payment first. After that, you can't make any payment to virwox for many days (over 5 from my experience). They let you buy some after 5-10 days, but for smaller sum, 40$ instead of 88... And that is only one example. Virwox is legit, and not on their blacklist. So, think of paying something on some small new website paypal is not aware of. Or paying something to Russians. GL with that.
Again, it is a balance story. If you use your VCC/CC as you should: preload it, link to PP, pay directly from VCC/CC using PP as processor only, you will never ever have a problem. But, you might get stuck for a while if someone pays you some service directly, and you have balance. They won't let you even send that money to another PP account, even 5$ for some time. You would have to w8 for funds to cool a little bit.
And second, if you have a few years old valid PP account (like I do) they will not make any problem. Why? Because that is your PP, you have same old habits they are aware of (they log habits, right, even times when you buy things, compare times and decide if that is possible fraud or not).
So, no big problems, but if you attach flagged VCC/CC BIN, you could get balance temporary unavailable. And calling/writing to support can't change a thing: this is PP automated antifraud system you are dealing with, no one can override it.
You have to understand, PP does this things to protect customers from fraud. So, better not let some BINs or bank get on their flaglist, it is counterproductive. Don't let chinese and pakistani massively buy some VCC for resale purpose, and you don't have a problem Smiley.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 157 »
  Print  

Jump to: