Bitcoin Forum
February 26, 2017, 07:44:41 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.2  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Poll
Question: Would you pay taxes if you could live off bitcoins?
Yes, even w/o risks - 35 (38.5%)
Depends on the risks - 22 (24.2%)
No, even w/ risks - 34 (37.4%)
Total Voters: 91

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you pay taxes if you could live off bitcoins?  (Read 10359 times)
Hawker

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 08:09:55 PM

I'm not sure why you are asking the same questions in different ways.  This is your idea - I got it from the book you recommended I take hours to read.  In "market law" if you are doing something that damaged me, we have to either have violence or go to arbitration.

You are certifiably insane. There can be no other explanation.

Riddle me this: If I refuse to buy your product, am I damaging you?

You are deluding yourself.  Refusing to allow essential infrastructure is not the same as refusing to cheat in World of Warcraft.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hawker

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 08:10:55 PM

I'm not sure why you are asking the same questions in different ways.  This is your idea - I got it from the book you recommended I take hours to read.  In "market law" if you are doing something that damaged me, we have to either have violence or go to arbitration.

You are certifiably insane.

Statism is the disease, insanity the symptom.

This guy explains it well:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlkPkJInUmU

Please do us both a favour.  Google ad hominem  It will save you so much typing.

myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 08:12:12 PM

You are deluding yourself.  Refusing to allow essential infrastructure is not the same as refusing to cheat in World of Warcraft.  

Yes or no. If I refuse to buy your product, am I damaging you?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
cryptoanarchist

Activity: 952

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 08:13:11 PM

I provided a source when you asked.  Now its your turn.  Please show me where it says that neither the hospital itself or the taxpayer has to pay if you fail to pay.  If its the hospital, then the fee is just added to everyone else's bill and that is free-loading.

EDIT for clarity: I am ready to agree with you that compulsory insurance is a disgrace.  I just want to know that decent people are not being shafted.

Finally! You made a point with "If its the hospital, then the fee is just added to everyone else's bill"

You're right about that. Me not paying them forces them to charge more. They did a shitty job of replacing my shoulder into socket and didn't do as I asked. Their shitty customer service results in their loss of competitiveness. Others can choose to go to a different hospital or pay extra.

Not to mention the fact they overcharged me anyway: A shot of thorazine and two interns using straps to yank in back into socket is not worth $3000. The irony is that its government subsidizing healthcare that makes them charge that much in the first place.

That is fair.  You and I both choose a hospital.  They screw up with 1% of cases and you are the 1%.  Of course I and the other 99% pick up the cost.  Same thing happens in garages with car service.

But if  Stoner Stan shows up.  He needs care.  They do it as they are legally obliged to do.  Stoner Stan can't pay as he injected all his savings into his penis.

Now you and I are paying for Stoner Stan's care.  Fuck off.  He has to be told to pay his way.

That is the difference between a statist and an anarchist. You think people have to be forced to be charitable because you, yourself, are not.

Others are, and that is why even without a government mandate, a hospital will tend to those that are truly in a life or death emergency. I have no problem shouldering Stan's emergency at the hospital. Not if his life depended on it.

In a free market though, individual hospitals could all make their own calls, and even turn away people on the brink of death if they wanted. I don't think that would make them popular, but they would cater to assholes who had the same worries.
Hawker

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 08:14:12 PM

If you refuse to allow a road and I am depending on that road, then yes.  Whether or not you try to humour me by cheating on WoW is not really something that matters.  don't damage my property investments.

cryptoanarchist

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 08:14:54 PM

You are certifiably insane.

Statism is the disease, insanity the symptom.

This guy explains it well:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlkPkJInUmU

Please do us both a favour.  Google ad hominem  It will save you so much typing.

I think you should, since you keep referring to it wrong. Ad hominem is "you're an asshole", NOT "statism is the disease". See how one is attacking a person, and one isn't?
myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 08:15:48 PM

If you refuse to allow a road and I am depending on that road, then yes.  Whether or not you try to humour me by cheating on WoW is not really something that matters.  don't damage my property investments.

ONE WORD

Yes or No. If I refuse to buy your product, am I damaging you?

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
cryptoanarchist

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 08:16:13 PM

You still didn't answer the question. YES or NO.
Hawker

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 08:17:43 PM

..snip...

That is the difference between a statist and an anarchist. You think people have to be forced to be charitable because you, yourself, are not.

Others are, and that is why even without a government mandate, a hospital will tend to those that are truly in a life or death emergency. I have no problem shouldering Stan's emergency at the hospital. Not if his life depended on it.

...snip...

So the hospital has a legal obligation to treat Stoner Stan.  And you and I have to pay for that.  You are happy to do so.  Hurray - you are a lovely person!  I'm not - fuck Stoner Stan's liberty the free-loading bastard buys insurance or he goes to jail.  If he can afford drugs, then I can't see why I must pay for his health care.

Hawker

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 08:21:34 PM

You still didn't answer the question. YES or NO.

Wasting time on changing the subject is wasting time.  The important thing here is that the NAP works fine for eminent domain.  It also works fine for conscription.  I don't see what you are unhappy about.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 08:23:02 PM

Wasting time on changing the subject is wasting time. 

This is directly on-subject. Answer me with one word. If I refuse to purchase your product, am I damaging you? YES or NO.

cryptoanarchist

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 08:23:30 PM

..snip...

...snip...

So the hospital has a legal obligation to treat Stoner Stan.  And you and I have to pay for that.  You are happy to do so.  Hurray - you are a lovely person!  I'm not - fuck Stoner Stan's liberty the free-loading bastard buys insurance or he goes to jail.  If he can afford drugs, then I can't see why I must pay for his health care.

You're creating a strawman with "So the hospital has a legal obligation to treat Stoner Stan". We went over this - only in emergencies. The hospital wasn't legally required to treat me, either.

Hawker

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 08:32:11 PM

...snip...
You're creating a strawman with "So the hospital has a legal obligation to treat Stoner Stan". We went over this - only in emergencies. The hospital wasn't legally required to treat me, either.

Lets be clear.

If Stan is told to die quietly in a gutter or if Stan's EMERGENCY treatment is not funded by the hospital or the state, that's fine.  Then you, cryptoanarchist, should not have an obligation to buy health insurance or to have it provided through the tax system.

I think you and I are 100% agreed on that.

But, if the cost of Stoner Stan's care is picked up by the hospital's decent patients or by the taxpayer, then he has to be obliged to pay for health insurance or a tax penalty.  Exactly why you think Stoner Stan should get EMERGENCY treatment free beats me but don't dare ask me to subsidise his drug taking.

cryptoanarchist

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 08:34:02 PM

...snip...

Lets be clear.

If Stan is told to die quietly in a gutter or if Stan's EMERGENCY treatment is not funded by the hospital or the state, that's fine.  Then you, cryptoanarchist, should not have an obligation to buy health insurance or to have it provided through the tax system.

I think you and I are 100% agreed on that.

But, if the cost of Stoner Stan's care is picked up by the hospital's decent patients or by the taxpayer, then he has to be obliged to pay for health insurance or a tax penalty.  Exactly why you think Stoner Stan should get EMERGENCY treatment free beats me but don't dare ask me to subsidise his drug taking.

This is so convoluted and full of logical fallacy I'm not going to bother. The irony is that you started with "Let's be clear"
myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 08:35:45 PM

Yo, H, Can I get an answer on this?

This is directly on-subject. Answer me with one word. If I refuse to purchase your product, am I damaging you? YES or NO.

Hawker

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 08:37:13 PM

...snip...
This is so convoluted and full of logical fallacy I'm not going to bother. The irony is that you started with "Let's be clear"

Good.  As long as I am not on the hook for free-loaders, I am happy.  If I do have to pay for them, then its a brutal infringement of my property rights.

Hawker

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 08:44:18 PM

Yo, H, Can I get an answer on this?

Nope - cheating in computer games is off topic.  If you want to make a point, do so and please stay on topic. 

myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 08:46:42 PM

Nope - cheating in computer games is off topic.  If you want to make a point, do so and please stay on topic. 

Fine. If I refuse to buy at Wal-Mart, am I damaging Wal-Mart? Again, answer yes or no.

Hawker

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 08:51:01 PM

Fine. If I refuse to buy at Wal-Mart, am I damaging Wal-Mart? Again, answer yes or no.

There is the world of difference between an little old lady prevents a development that benefits 2 million people and a little old lady who shops at ASDA as opposed to M&S.

You are pretending to be stupid and asking stupid questions.  Why?  And why do you think I want to discuss her retail preferences?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 08:54:16 PM

There is the world of difference between an little old lady prevents a development that benefits 2 million people and a little old lady who shops at ASDA as opposed to M&S.

No, Only scale. You cannot profit at my expense without my permission. Period. End of story.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.