Bitcoin Forum
December 09, 2016, 04:08:23 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Poll
Question: Would you pay taxes if you could live off bitcoins?
Yes, even w/o risks - 35 (38.5%)
Depends on the risks - 22 (24.2%)
No, even w/ risks - 34 (37.4%)
Total Voters: 91

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you pay taxes if you could live off bitcoins?  (Read 10138 times)
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 08:59:44 PM

Binary questions for people who pretend to be stupid, a pretense which does not allow for admission of wrongness.

It's a beautiful haiku, but I'm not sure I follow your meaning.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hawker

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 09:03:26 PM

Nope - cheating in computer games is off topic.  If you want to make a point, do so and please stay on topic.  

Fine. If I refuse to buy at Wal-Mart, am I damaging Wal-Mart? Again, answer yes or no.

There is the world of difference between an little old lady prevents a development that benefits 2 million people and a little old lady who shops at ASDA as opposed to M&S.

No, Only scale. You cannot profit at my expense without my permission. Period. End of story.

Wrong.  Any arbitrator will take into account all the economic impacts and will likely decide that the little old lady is being a greedy bitch.  

Anyway, lets stop.  You have convinced me that in a NAP based society, all the stuff we have now will still work even if we change vocabulary.  That includes conscription and eminent domain. I know you don't agree but that isn't really important for now as there is no NAP based society.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 09:06:56 PM

Nope - cheating in computer games is off topic.  If you want to make a point, do so and please stay on topic. 

Fine. If I refuse to buy at Wal-Mart, am I damaging Wal-Mart? Again, answer yes or no.

There is the world of difference between an little old lady prevents a development that benefits 2 million people and a little old lady who shops at ASDA as opposed to M&S.

No, Only scale. You cannot profit at my expense without my permission. Period. End of story.

Wrong.  Any arbitrator will take into account all the economic impacts and decide that the little old lady is being a greedy bitch.  

No, you said it yourself:

The basis of arbitration is that you can't interfere with my use of my property without my consent.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Hawker

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 09:11:39 PM

..snip...

The basis of arbitration is that you can't interfere with my use of my property without my consent.

The use of any property includes increasing its value..  Interfere with that and you are a threat to me.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 09:12:50 PM

..snip...

The use of any property includes increasing its value..  Interfere with that and you are a threat to me.

But I am not interfering with you building a road on your land, only on mine. If I want to keep my land at the same value, I can.

Hawker

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 09:17:39 PM

..snip...

But I am not interfering with you building a road on your land, only on mine. If I want to keep my land at the same value, I can.

Why are you telling me this?  Its nonsense; the arbitrator will throw it out.  There is no way an arbitrator will allow 1 person to block 2 million people if the increase in the value of the properties of the 2 million exceeds the loss to the one person by even 1 cent.

And, if you are the one person, you will pay the arbitration fees.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 1624

Nemo me impune lacessit

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 09:19:36 PM

This mob rule that you advocate winning arbitration, Hawker, is fundamentally inconsistent with NAP.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! I sell stuff for BTC here here and here | Skirt & Kilts & Violin For Sale | Voiceover for BTC | Copy editing for BTC | THE Bitcoin Sound is here.
gpg_identity=http://pgp.thebutterzone.com | WoT feedback here & eBay feedback here | Buy BTC in San Diego, CA, or worldwide! | Get paid for taking surveys!
Change my name! "I am __ Satoshi __." | PayPal: Bitcoinese for "FU, I'm getting a chargeback up to 365 days later!" | Bitcoin voice chat
Hawker

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 09:20:55 PM

This mob rule that you advocate winning arbitration, Hawker, is fundamentally inconsistent with NAP.

Hmm.  Sorry but you have not understood the NAP.  Look it up - you have no right to interfere with my property.  

Read this: http://daviddfriedman.com/The_Machinery_of_Freedom_.pdf

It makes all these things clear.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Nemo me impune lacessit

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 09:21:49 PM

Hmm.  Sorry but you have not understood the NAP.  Look it up - you have no right to interfere with my property. 

Exactly. You have no right to interfere with my property. Take and fuck off.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! I sell stuff for BTC here here and here | Skirt & Kilts & Violin For Sale | Voiceover for BTC | Copy editing for BTC | THE Bitcoin Sound is here.
gpg_identity=http://pgp.thebutterzone.com | WoT feedback here & eBay feedback here | Buy BTC in San Diego, CA, or worldwide! | Get paid for taking surveys!
Change my name! "I am __ Satoshi __." | PayPal: Bitcoinese for "FU, I'm getting a chargeback up to 365 days later!" | Bitcoin voice chat
myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 09:23:01 PM

Why are you telling me this?  Its nonsense; the arbitrator will throw it out.  There is no way an arbitrator will allow 1 person to block 2 million people if the increase in the value of the properties of the 2 million exceeds the loss to the one person by even 1 cent.

Well, that's a lovely theory, but remember:

And if I do not consent to your interference with my continued use of my property, you're stuffed, and the arbitrator will tell you so.

Hawker

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 09:24:45 PM

Hmm.  Sorry but you have not understood the NAP.  Look it up - you have no right to interfere with my property. 

Agreed.  Luckily that doesn't matter.  The NAP assumes that there is no state, so there is no body imposing rights.  

Please, do use both a favour.  Read http://daviddfriedman.com/The_Machinery_of_Freedom_.pdf and then post back.  Right now, I think your heart is in the right place but you don't understand anarchism.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Nemo me impune lacessit

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 09:26:58 PM

Hmm.  Sorry but you have not understood the NAP.  Look it up - you have no right to interfere with my property.  

Agreed.  Luckily that doesn't matter.  The NAP assumes that there is no state, so there is no body imposing rights.  

Please, do use both a favour.  Read http://daviddfriedman.com/The_Machinery_of_Freedom_.pdf and then post back.  Right now, I think your heart is in the right place but you don't understand anarchism.

Rights are not imposed, they are inherent. Your Ugly European act is completely and utterly worn out now. You must really love paving your road to hell in your echo chamber.

cryptoanarchist

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 09:27:56 PM

...snip...
This is so convoluted and full of logical fallacy I'm not going to bother. The irony is that you started with "Let's be clear"

Good.  As long as I am not on the hook for free-loaders, I am happy.  If I do have to pay for them, then its a brutal infringement of my property rights.

So we've come full circle. Because you're on the hook for free-loaders with your NHS.
Hawker

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 09:28:42 PM

Well, that's a lovely theory, but remember:

And if I do not consent to your interference with my continued use of my property, you're stuffed, and the arbitrator will tell you so.

You are the one interfering with the use of their property by 2 million people.  The arbitrator won't even need a nanosecond to tell you to pack your bags.

Why are you arguing about this? This is how you want disputes to be resolved.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 09:32:17 PM

You are the one interfering with the use of their property by 2 million people.  The arbitrator won't even need a nanosecond to tell you to pack your bags.

No, I am not. I am interfering with their use of my property. The arbitrator won't even need a nanosecond to tell them to get fucked.

Hawker

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 09:33:18 PM

...snip...
This is so convoluted and full of logical fallacy I'm not going to bother. The irony is that you started with "Let's be clear"

Good.  As long as I am not on the hook for free-loaders, I am happy.  If I do have to pay for them, then its a brutal infringement of my property rights.

So we've come full circle. Because you're on the hook for free-loaders with your NHS.

Free-loading on the NHS is hard.  Like really hard.  You can do it by living outside the UK and then flying home for medical treatment.  You can go to jail young, get sick, be violent and then stay in jail all your life.  You can be mentally ill and never leave institutionalised care.  The vast vast majority of people couldn't possibly avoid paying their dues.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Nemo me impune lacessit

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 09:34:30 PM

Mob rule of 2 people, 2 million, or 2 trillion is not legitimate, therefore there can be no 'interference' with it that an arbitrator will acknowledge. Unless that arbitrator isn't actually one at all.

Hawker

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 09:37:52 PM

No, I am not. I am interfering with their use of my property. The arbitrator won't even need a nanosecond to tell them to get fucked.

In the nicest way possible, you haven't understood "The Machinery of Freedom."  Read it again - the chapters on market law are of particular interest.  In anarchy, there are no property rights as there is no state.  Its all about the economic value of development.  Arbitrators will be market driven and will consider the value to the 2 million compared to the value to the 1 person and will tell the 1 person to pack their bags.

I don't know why I am having to explain the book you recommended.

Hawker

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 09:40:00 PM

Mob rule of 2 people, 2 million, or 2 trillion is not legitimate, therefore there can be no 'interference' with it that an arbitrator will acknowledge. Unless that arbitrator isn't actually one at all.

I know why you say that.  You haven't read http://daviddfriedman.com/The_Machinery_of_Freedom_.pdf

Read it.  If you find a better libertarian manifesto, let me know.  But for now, your problem is that you have not studied your own beliefs.

Hawker

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 09:41:30 PM

I'm done work and off to the pub.  I wonder if it its worth making a thread to discuss http://daviddfriedman.com/The_Machinery_of_Freedom_.pdf since it seems that most libertarian and anarchists don't actually understand what the book says.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.