Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:09:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] BDT - 3% weekly interest bond, backed by Bitdaytrade  (Read 57794 times)
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 07:36:40 PM

What is the point of having a secondary market if traders react on rumors?

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GentleHat

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 11:44:35 PM

Are dividends going to be paid today on schedule or is the asset still locked?
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 12:40:04 AM

But with DT, and now Meni promoting it, I was willing to buy in.  I realize Meni has no real say over things, but if he's willing to put his name on it I believe that he believes its on the up and up.
playing neighborhood bully freezing people's assets willy-nilly.

We rarely if ever freeze an asset (usually at the request of the asset issuer), and never do so without good cause, while this is getting worked out we're not able to talk about what is happening in public.

It's certainly unfair to call us/me a bully when all we're trying to do is make GLBSE as good as possible for all to use. If we do nothing it turns into a ghetto, if we do too much we kill off good projects, it's a fine line for us to thread and we're doing the best we can.

I myself have been unable to get online since early yesterday until now when I started to get first communications from other parties.

As I have stated before, we're working to get this taken care of as soon as possible.

The asset is frozen, which means that there is no trading happenin, so shareholders are not going to be losing out.

Nefario.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Sturmvogel

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 08:46:13 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2012, 08:58:43 AM by Sturmvogel

The asset is frozen, which means that there is no trading happenin, so shareholders are not going to be losing out.

Losing out what, exactly? Dividends? Ability to sell on secondary market?

It's quite obvious that all BDT shares were sold.

Now only shareholders lose from lockdown. Issuer loses nothing, and gains an excuse to delay dividends.
Francesco

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 09:14:52 AM

Your wife is in prison, I can't really tell you why but don't worry, we'll send her back sooner or later and you can be a happy couple exactly as before, you're not losing anything...
Sturmvogel

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 11:23:37 AM

Nefario, it's fairly extreme to suspend an asset that has a plausible future income stream and was up-to-date with its dividend payments! Please at least allow BDT to pay dividends.

+1
Nefario

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 11:48:29 AM

Your wife is in prison, I can't really tell you why but don't worry, we'll send her back sooner or later and you can be a happy couple exactly as before, you're not losing anything...

You're wife is at the scene of a crime, and has been taken to the police station for questioning, and later released.

Nefario

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 12:27:39 PM

BDT has been unfrozen, bitdaytrade has been very helpful in getting this mess sorted out. He can explain things from here.

Nefario.

cytokine
Donator

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 12:50:32 PM

BDT has been unfrozen, bitdaytrade has been very helpful in getting this mess sorted out. He can explain things from here.

Nefario.

Woohoo!

Nefario: At first I was pissed about the freeze, but now after reading your post in the REBATE thread I see there's a good reason here - I didn't realize there was some recoverable capital in the REBATE issuer's account. I won't doubt your decisions again.

BTW, since REBATE is going to remain frozen and potentially go into liquidation, will you also do the same process for ZIP.A which hasn't paid dividends either?

Alberto: Can we expect dividends today?

Thanks guys for working this out.
bitdaytrade

Activity: 287

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 01:01:47 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2012, 02:34:24 PM by bitdaytrade

After an IRC chat with Nefario we had clarified my position and I'm now able to release further updates. The reason that caused BDT freeze in first place is my involvement with Jonathan Ryan Owens (read JRO from here on), rebate IPO and suspicious funds management practices. It did not came without reasons and i believe in fact that Nefario just did the right choice the protect GLBSE market integrity. Some time ago i was working with JRO on some projects, and it was decided to hold an IPO on GLBSE for bitcoinrebate.com. At that time i was not fond of how GLBSE worked and didn't have time to investigate as i was busy with development, so i've trusted JRO to handle the IPO and funds on my behalf entirely. At some point i said i needed money for all the work i was doing, and got sent about 1000 BTC out of the rebate funds. I never knew the total amount raised, and didn't feel it was necessary to investigate. I have later learned that a total of 5000 bitcoin were raised. My relationship with JRO was interrupted shortly after, because of diverse reasons. After we parted ways JRO enquired me a number of times about taking the lead on the rebate project but we didn't reach an agreement. I was never enquired about profitability of the site or any financial detail. At this point, i have no idea where the rest of the funds raised from the sale of rebate bonds are gone, or if they have been exchanged to hard currency. Nefario transferred the totality of bonds to my account, i'll determinate the exact amount of bitcoin i got from JRO in the context of this project, and proceed with paying that amount back to investors through dividend payments in a unique solution. This was determined to be the best solution until we know how much can be recovered from JRO. Kudos to Nefario for handling matters in a professional way.

BDT trading is resumed since it was also determined that the asset has no involvement with this incident, and that there are no threats for GLBSE users. I'll proceed to execute dividends payment in the next hours. We won't pay late fees as it was determined that this incident is not directly caused by us.

UPDATE
This week dividends paid out fully

Bests
Alberto Armandi
BDT
Nefario

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 02:38:43 PM

Nefario.

Woohoo!

Nefario: At first I was pissed about the freeze, but now after reading your post in the REBATE thread I see there's a good reason here - I didn't realize there was some recoverable capital in the REBATE issuer's account. I won't doubt your decisions again.

BTW, since REBATE is going to remain frozen and potentially go into liquidation, will you also do the same process for ZIP.A which hasn't paid dividends either?

Alberto: Can we expect dividends today?

Thanks guys for working this out.

ZIP.A will remain frozen, the funds recovered from REBATE will not be paid out to ZIP.A, bitdaytrade have been excellent through this whole ordeal and I commend him.

All that's waiting now is to hear back from JRO if at all, failing that he will be the first person to be listed on the Bitcoin Credit Rating Agency, all his information that GLBSE has, and all the BTC he has run off with will be made public (this was agreed to by him when he was verified on GLBSE).

I'm sorry for any confusion over the last couple of days, we couldn't release much information while these things were ongoing.

Nefario.

LoweryCBS

Activity: 364

firstbits 1LoCBS

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 02:56:19 PM

Nefario.

My personal confidence in GLBSE has increased as the result of the way this was handled.

This is evidence that Nefario takes his responsibility very seriously.

ianspain
Donator

Activity: 164

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 03:58:44 PM

Nefario.

My personal confidence in GLBSE has increased as the result of the way this was handled.

This is evidence that Nefario takes his responsibility very seriously.

me too

BlockChain Capital
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 07:34:30 PM

playing neighborhood bully freezing people's assets willy-nilly.
It's certainly unfair to call us/me a bully when all we're trying to do is make GLBSE as good as possible for all to use. If we do nothing it turns into a ghetto, if we do too much we kill off good projects, it's a fine line for us to thread and we're doing the best we can.
Ok, I apologize for that remark.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
Willowbitcoin

Activity: 106
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 12, 2012, 08:52:24 AM

And what will Bitcoin Credit Rating Agency do ?
Nefario

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2012, 02:37:43 PM

And what will Bitcoin Credit Rating Agency do ?

What does any credit rating agency do? Keep records of bad loans so future lenders or investors can make informed decisions.

Bjork

Activity: 457

Look for the bear necessities!!

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 09:22:15 AM

looks like some good news:

"Bitcoin margin trading public beta opens to all customers. August 14, 2012"

https://bitdaytrade.com/

memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 09:42:05 AM

An exploit claim was posted on reddit:

Real or fake? (I guess someone could have made it up just get some cheap BDT bonds Wink)
der_meister

Activity: 155

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 09:50:06 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101014.0

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/yb89v/bitdaytradecom_operator_has_already_lost_4000btc/

Sad Sad Sad

Moving on is a simple thing,
what it leaves behind is hard...
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 10:38:42 AM

Sounds like a joke.

Even scammers avoid SQL injections these days, and unsalted md5 passwords? Don't know if legit. Isn't Meni into cryptography? Better double-check this, it sounds like an over-the-top story.

Should you be able to confirm it true though... finish the sentence for yourselves.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: